00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

539,273 Views | 5,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-11 11:03:53

At 11/11/05 10:55 AM, RemRulzz wrote: late last night i become a Elite Guard Sergeant Major over 7000 b/s point,what the name of the next rank,just to known...

The next rank would be Elite Guard Praporschik, you can view the list of rank badges, rank titles, voting power increase and how many Blam/Protect points you need to reach each rank here.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-11 11:19:31

At 11/11/05 10:53 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Don't worry. He's still around. He usually comes here whenever he updates on Saturdays and replies to people.

Oh, I see. =)

BTW, congrats on 10000 blams!

Thank you, loads of hours with forum lurking is involved behind those points. =P

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-11 11:30:14

At 11/8/05 01:37 AM, X-Naut wrote: You remind me of ZAAL a while back ago. =P

ZAAL should remind you of me! >:-(

I was spamming before he had an account! I got 9,000 posts in a few months! Dammit, where's Dobio to back me up? >:-(

lol

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 02:36:09

At 11/11/05 10:13 AM, Andersson wrote: Hey, where is gfoxcook now adays?

I have not seen him for long... =/

It's a damned good thing you posted in here on this page, as you wouldn't be mentioned in the list update had you not! You weren't in my Excel spreadsheet until hours before the update when I scanned the recent posts in this topic...

In any event... it's kinda funny that you asked where I was when there are huge posts by none other than yours truly at the very top of the same page you were asking that question on... this page. #;-}> And they were from last weekend... I post every weekend, as someone basically told you.

Um...

and yeah. This concludes my short little post to you that achieves the double effect of doing a bit of the catch-up work on this topic and getting the update post onto the next page so it isn't buried way down here at the bottom of this page. #;-}>

bleeeeoooop.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 02:39:02

Web Pentalist Mark XL is uploaded and available.

NO NEW MEMBERS. AGAIN. EGAD.

No, seriously... it's not that shocking the second time around, is it? There were times like this many months ago, believe it or not. It just seems kinda strange as of late, that's all.

So anyway... no new members, no new status changes, no nothin'. Cept for Mary jumping from 0x10k to 1x10k and being very very close to 2x10k (hell, she'd make it by a week or two from now if only it wasn't the dreaded slow-growing EXP stat, eh wot?)....

Enjoy yet another fairly uneventful list update. There's a good amount of activity with the passing and jostling for position and Wylo had over 1000 points and got first place in the rate/gain game and... oooooooooooh yeah... we finally broke an average of 10,000 saves! WOOT! #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 03:35:32

At 11/7/05 03:13 AM, ReconRebel wrote:
At 11/7/05 02:49 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: PS Sorry about the double post...
No you're not ~X~. As one of the site's resident windbags your main goal is to boost your post count in any way possible. You know ~X~, it wouldn't be so bad if your posts weren't so fucking boring.

Lol your right RR X can be pretty generic sometimes. Yeah I can be accused of the same thing in the general forum ok. Anyways whos sorry for double posting I never am.

At 11/7/05 11:09 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 11/7/05 10:54 AM, PimpMasterKDOG wrote: Spam some more like this and you should have no trouble passing me points wise.
I'll do my best. After all, I'm a spammer at heart.

Naw your just a poster that posts at any oppurnity you have.

At 11/8/05 10:55 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Other than that, I should reach 9000 posts in around two days time and I should get mentioned on the updates again. Heh, what I find even better is that I have entered the top 100 for reviewing now. Funny, I thought I would never enter that list with my lack of reviewing a few weeks ago. O__o

Dang I have to get up to 8,100 posts thats my posting goal then you went zaal on me and gained over 100 posts.

At 11/11/05 11:30 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I was spamming before he had an account! I got 9,000 posts in a few months! Dammit, where's Dobio to back me up? >:-(

lol

Yes I rememeber the 9k plh. Once know as an infamous spammer then went awol to whore up rg. I never knew who purelionheart was before he slammed his way up to 9k posts, just the regular c&cer.

At 11/13/05 02:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark XL is uploaded and available.

Well I would be 41st on this update. As always working on those posts and saves maybe or maybe not I will make it before march 9th.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 03:42:30

At 11/13/05 03:35 AM, iscRulz wrote: Lol your right RR X can be pretty generic sometimes. Yeah I can be accused of the same thing in the general forum ok. Anyways whos sorry for double posting I never am.

Ya i have to admit that my posts are not on the funny side most of the time but thats just how i am, and i dont plan on changing, thats how i have posted and how i will post...

Anyways...

Another good looking update GFOX, i was not on the bbs as much i spent some time reviewing and had a fun time with it aswell...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 05:04:54

At 11/13/05 02:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark XL is uploaded and available.

Great update gfox. As predicted, I would be mentioned again on this update. 9100 posts there. Heh, just under 900 posts to go. :)

At 11/13/05 03:35 AM, iscRulz wrote: Dang I have to get up to 8,100 posts thats my posting goal then you went zaal on me and gained over 100 posts.

If I went ZAAL on you, I would've had over 10000 posts by now. :P

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 05:35:16

At 11/6/05 02:31 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Well I've been back for almost five days so how about being a sport and taking me off inactive status?

You're lucky I saw that post back on 11/6, or else it would have taken until tonight for me to change that webpage. #;-}>

Hey come on now gfox, that's not true. We also agreed to a Non-Aggression Pact many moons ago.

Heh.

Godfather 'eh? Remember, it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle. ^_~

It takes a whole lot more than 4 muscles to get that sniper rifle into position (and your body in position to aim and fire it, also), though! #;-}>

At 11/6/05 02:45 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hey GFOX

... hey.

Ya thia was a bad past week for me with posting, i also need to find time for reviews, as my counterpart seems to be on a roll hehe...

Yeah, he's catching up.

That and myspace has really kept me distracted, along with more work this week...

What's with everyone and myspace? How on earth does it keep you distrated from NG (gasp)? #;-}>

At 11/6/05 02:53 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ok Sorry for the double post GFOX sigh...

Anyways heh...

CHANGE +532

Ya thats low this week, life + other things kept me abit busy, maybe this week will be better...

... isn't that pretty much what you just said in the previous post? Yes, I get that you finally looked at the list update and saw just how far your change for the week had dropped (from around 1000 to around 500) since the past few weeks before that one... but come on, man. That was a pretty pointless post just to add the "532" part any of us could have seen in the actual list update, dontchathink?

At 11/7/05 02:47 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I just now noticed that ( MARY ) Has 10,000 posts with 4,000 blams maybe she can at some point join the list...

It's funny how you noticed her 4000 blams but not her...

At 11/7/05 02:49 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: DOH

... exp points. #;-}>

Ok it seems that i over looked her EXP which is very close to 10,000 but with the blams she could at some point be a tripple lister....

Mmmm hmmm. Sure she could. But you can't cover the fact that you were in her profile and missed one of her main stats already being on the verge of joining her 10,000 posts in 10k+ land, man. No one just suddenly decides to post a second post after talking about how someone will be doublelisted soon to say "oh, and she could be triplelisted, too!" But nice try. #;-}>

PS Sorry about the double post...

It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't constantly:

A) doing it twice (for a total of... four? #;-}>) on the same page of a topic, such as page 82 of this topic)
B) constantly bringing attention to it
C) apologising for it

I know everyone calls those doubleposts, but to me, a double post is what happens when someone clicks send twice on some sites, or a server hiccups... and you end up with two identical posts. That is literally a DOUBLING of a single post the user meant to make.

Posting a second post after a first post is perfectly fine... IF the second post adds something to the topic as well.

Your second posts seem to be corrections/additions to your first posts.

Which you wouldn't have to make if you were a bit more careful with your first posts. So that's my advice to you... fact-check your first post, or wait to post it until after you check the update out, or etc. etc...

Cause otherwise, while you won't be bothering me all that much, you will be causing Recon to get upset at ya... anyway, I just thought I'd address the issue from a slightly different angle there.

At 11/6/05 03:56 AM, -Gooch- wrote: Well, it looks like I trailed off a bit too much this time around. I haven't been around the computer this week as much as I had hoped to.

Eh, it'll happen.

Nice update as always though, gfox. Always have to give my props to the man who makes one of the coolest lists that Newgrounds still has.

Thanks and thanks again. Two compliments in one post, how gracious. #;-}>

At 11/6/05 05:01 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Nice update gfox. Just a few days now and I'll be in the close to doublelisted. :)

True enough. And so you are!

Give me around a month time, okay?

Okay.

But isn't there an innocent side?

NEIN.

There's Andersson. He's got around 9900 blams.

The above from you + him posting in here on 11/11 = lifesavers.

Yes, SCD has said to me, "BANNED FOR 30 DAYS!" before, but didn't do a single thing to me. This time, he did ban me, but not for long, LOL.

Well, at least he had some fun in his all-too-short time as NG mod? o_o

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 05:38:05

At 11/6/05 02:26 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: *Doesn't feel like quoting*

:::does feel like it, big surprise:::

Another nice update, gfox, my man. Shame no new members came aboard, but that also means I don't get knocked down another spot :-P. I just can't seem to catch PimpMaster, even though I beat him on the gains this week.

Thanks. Anyway, if you can't catch him... then perhaps you need to catch some of the other people ahead of the both of you. Patience is all ya need.

At 11/6/05 04:56 PM, wismty wrote: Heh, my first real update* and I'm already doing some mischief on the list...

+508, you mean? Well, I'm glad you enjoyed your first gain-included update. #;-}>

Anyway, it's an honor to be back on the list, thanks for the update gfox.

Sure thing and you're quite welcome.

*The other one was my "starting" update :D.

It's still a real one, damnit. Just not the gain value. #;-}>

On update 38, it says that I leaped over 21 users, but on your LLL, it says I only jumped over 20, care to explain?

I've seen toocool's and azpunisher's leap jump and, they are different as well...

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation, but I just can't see it, lol.

The List Leap is the number of people passed by that user... who were ALREADY on the pentalist a week before that person jumped onto it... Your gain on the actual list update also takes into account how you were placed with the other people entering the list along with you.

IOW, all the people who have entered the list by themselves on an udpate have the same rankchange number on the update as they do on the List Leap List.

But if you and one or more other people enter the list on the same update, then if you pass that fellow-newcomer or vice versa, it will throw off your rankchange from your listleap value.

Make sense at all?

Let me phrase it another way, too: You list-lept over 20 existing pentalist members (just go back to that update and count 'em up for yourself) when you entered the list a couple weeks back. Yet you gained 21 spots on the list update itself, right? That was because you were behind someone else who made the list at the same time as you... you were behind him when you were both 1x10k with a 9000-9999 second stat (his second stat was higher than yours, and thus he was "closer" to making the list)... a week previous to that... but when you both made the update, you jumped ahead of him because your total points are higher, and thus you're ranked above him on the actual pentalist.

But passing another newcomer to the list doesn't get you credit on the List Leap List, as the LLL is trying to show how far INTO the existing members on the list you are jumping... it's not trying to show how well you're doing getting ahead of your fellow newcomers.

I hope that cleared it up. If you're still confused, go back to some of the updates where 2 or 3 people have made the list... and check out how many OLD members of the list are behind (lower) than the new members on that update. It will always match the "score" that person has on the LLL. Now check what happened on the updates with just one new member to compare/contrast.

At 11/6/05 06:54 PM, Level-Up-Lounger wrote: (Only time i am doing this, don't freak out)

OGM. FREAK OUT.

I'll admit that the first thing i did before the edit may have deserved the original 3 days, but the other 27, you try to find where the fuck they come from gfox.

You've lost a post since last week. For all I know the offending post is teh deleted. You should take it up with teh mod who banned you. ;_;

Rocking but no rolling. That's the policy.
Sorry sir.

Ah well.

I do, I do. But you're banned. NO FOX FOR YOU.
'(

;_;

At 11/7/05 09:39 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 11/6/05 06:54 PM, Level-Up-Lounger wrote: (Only time i am doing this, don't freak out)
OMFG!1 Multiple account deletion time! :o

Let's hope so... not? #;-}>

KIDDING, BONUS, KIDDING. Please don't post again to act all hurt. YOU BEHAVE NOW. Serve your ban, mofo!

At 11/7/05 01:42 AM, iscRulz wrote:
At 10/30/05 05:06 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Or whatever. I don't fully know the roman numerals. :S I do know a basic of it, but that's it.
if a smaller numeral is place in front of a larger numeral the former becomes negative.

YARRRRRR...IIXILVVDCMDMCMDXLVMCDDIIIMICDLI
MXIMXL

Now decode that one, Bahamut!

I am a man that knows his roman numerals and surpisingly several people dont in a overall sense not peope here on on the net

Everyone should know their roman numerals. o_o

A conundrum if you get 10k exp and posts.

Then you must be commended and shamed at the same time.

I find it hard to believe not the no new members but all the update from late august.

Eh, but it was true. So believe it or not... you BEST BELIEVE, biiiatch!

Now I have to work on my posts I need about 1,200 to catch up to my exp. Saves arent going well. I guess I will just have to work on my overall hopefully over 45k.

GET MORE SAVES, damnit!

Pre-update catch-up complete. Now I've got 4+ more posts to catch up on, though.... oy. #;-}> I'll get to it at some point later. Hopefully not next Sunday morning. But not right now. GOOD NIGHT, ALL! Enjoy teh updateness.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 06:13:07

At 11/13/05 05:35 AM, gfoxcook wrote: ... isn't that pretty much what you just said in the previous post? Yes, I get that you finally looked at the list update and saw just how far your change for the week had dropped (from around 1000 to around 500) since the past few weeks before that one... but come on, man. That was a pretty pointless post just to add the "532" part any of us could have seen in the actual list update, dontchathink?

Pointless probably to some but it was something i should have been abit more patient with...

At 11/7/05 02:47 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
It's funny how you noticed her 4000 blams but not her...
... exp points. #;-}>

Thats because when i saw the totals of blams i then came here and posted,

i dont tend to look at the exp first but scroll down to the b/p's of the profiles, it was something i over looked and like i said i could have been more patient with the 2nd post...

Mmmm hmmm. Sure she could. But you can't cover the fact that you were in her profile and missed one of her main stats already being on the verge of joining her 10,000 posts

Sorry to say but yes i did, and thats why i did post a second time because i did overlook the stat, i just thought it was interesting and something to post...

Like i said to whats his name, that if its such an issue delet the post if not more, whatever you feel needs to be done...

~X~

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 06:46:51

At 11/13/05 05:35 AM, gfoxcook wrote: True enough. And so you are!

Yep, I'll be happy to see how well I do here.

Okay.

Or maybe just three weeks.

Yeah, too bad he won't get remodded. :(

At 11/13/05 05:38 AM, gfoxcook wrote: YARRRRRR...IIXILVVDCMDMCMDXLVMCDDIIIMICDLI
MXIMXL
Now decode that one, Bahamut!

....Agh! *quits trying to figure out*

Pre-update catch-up complete. Now I've got 4+ more posts to catch up on, though.... oy. #;-}> I'll get to it at some point later. Hopefully not next Sunday morning. But not right now. GOOD NIGHT, ALL! Enjoy teh updateness.

Alright, I'll wait. BTW, sorry for my mad obsession of the W's on Retrogade. :S

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 10:44:40

At 11/13/05 02:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Enjoy yet another fairly uneventful list update.

Thanks gfox.

There's a good amount of activity with the passing and jostling for position and Wylo had over 1000 points and got first place in the rate/gain game and... oooooooooooh yeah... we finally broke an average of 10,000 saves! WOOT! #;-}>

Stat-whoring is fun!

YARRRRRR...IIXILVVDCMDMCMDXLVMCDDIIIMICDLI

MXIMXL

That's just bad syntax. I put it into 3 different converters and get 3 totally different results.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 14:01:15

Good update Gfox. =)

Nothin much really happened but Mary almost making the list so congrats to her.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 15:46:09

on which page is the ranking list...

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 17:29:45

At 11/13/05 03:46 PM, RemRulzz wrote: on which page is the ranking list...

The list isn't on Newgrounds, you can see it here.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-13 23:17:38

Heck I didn't think I borke 100 points since the last update.
I have other things to do as of late.
Heck I am still catching up on thigns around the site.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-14 04:24:59

At 11/13/05 03:42 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ya i have to admit that my posts are not on the funny side most of the time but thats just how i am, and i dont plan on changing, thats how i have posted and how i will post...

Thats ok dude its better than being some person that trys to be funny and not themselfs. No reason to change in the future.

At 11/13/05 05:04 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 11/13/05 03:35 AM, iscRulz wrote: Dang I have to get up to 8,100 posts thats my posting goal then you went zaal on me and gained over 100 posts.

Ah well you went something, about 2 weeks ago I was less than 1,000 posts away now it the last week you gained 450 posts. So name some spammer that would have that behavorial posting pattern.

At 11/13/05 05:38 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Everyone should know their roman numerals. o_o

But the schools wont teach the children. which they should.

Then you must be commended and shamed at the same time.

Damn I already got 10k blams I could of went for posts and exp. I would be proud no ashamed.

Eh, but it was true. So believe it or not... you BEST BELIEVE, biiiatch!

::Rubs eyes in disbelief:: I cant believe it.

GET MORE SAVES, damnit!

Yes I will but slowly I havent been gain much hopefully it with be my 3rd 10k stat or better yet 2nd but worst yet 4th.

At 11/13/05 10:44 AM, Wylo wrote:
At 11/13/05 02:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: YARRRRRR...IIXILVVDCMDMCMDXLVMCDDIIIMICDLI

I came up with (who dares to doubt my calucations)
M(V-bar)LI

MXIMXL

This is

That's just bad syntax. I put it into 3 different converters and get 3 totally different results.

Btw its a real roman numeral gfox wouldnt place a bunch of random roman numerals together.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-14 04:41:26

At 11/13/05 02:36 AM, gfoxcook wrote: You weren't in my Excel spreadsheet until hours before the update when I scanned the recent posts in this topic...

Ah, that doesn't really matter. I was just wondering where you were.

And they were from last weekend... I post every weekend.

Ah, true. If it ain't too personal, what kind of stuff are you writing (At work that is)?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 02:15:56

At 11/14/05 04:41 AM, Andersson wrote:
At 11/13/05 02:36 AM, gfoxcook wrote: You weren't in my Excel spreadsheet until hours before the update when I scanned the recent posts in this topic...
Ah, that doesn't really matter. I was just wondering where you were.

It matters to me, damnit! And I assumed it mattered to you, but no matter. #;-}>

And they were from last weekend... I post every weekend.
Ah, true. If it ain't too personal, what kind of stuff are you writing (At work that is)?

Actually, my job title (since June 2005) is customer service representative.

So what I write... is service requests via computer systems, e-mail, and fax (and plenty of calls, too). #;-}>

But I know what you're referring to... the job: part of my profile. I've had editor/writer in my profile here on NG for years, since those are my true career passions. It's not what I'm getting paid for right now. I just never bothered to change it, and don't think I ever will. :::shrugs:::

And speaking of my job, as I mentioned in another topic earlier tonight, I got up at 6 freakin' AM (as opposed to the usual 6:30-7:00 am on M/T/W/TH/F), threw on some casual clothes, and drove on empty streets to the office to work from 7 to 11 AM. I ended up having a good morning until one angry customer popped up right before 11 AM and forced me to stay a bit late to try and resolve the issue. It was a tiring experience and I've been awake for a very long time.

Point is: I've already gotten all the data I need to make the list update (between 10:30 PM and 1:30 AM NG time, more or less), but I started typing up some of the list notes and... I'm starting to fall asleep at the keyboard. It's 1:15 AM here and I am really beat thanks to working 6 days this week and having to wake up earlier than normal on a Saturday morning.

I will finish generating the update when I wake up, so fear not. This post is just so XwaynecoltX and Bahamut7 and other fervent fans of the list update nowadays won't freak out over me not posting the update at my usual late-at-night time. Please have a bit o' patience and you shall be rewarded with (what I believe will be) a great list update filled with people obtaining new 10k amounts and tons of rankchanging. But that shall wait... for me to wake up. Later, folks.

GOODNIGHT NOW.... :::snoooooore:::

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 03:05:38

At 11/20/05 02:15 AM, gfoxclock wrote: I will finish generating the update when I wake up, so fear not. This post is just so XwaynecoltX and Bahamut7 and other fervent fans of the list update nowadays won't freak out over me not posting the update at my usual late-at-night time.

Thats fine and all feel free to post it when you feel you need or want to, i dont freak out, i probably wont even post in this thread anymore, anyways it was always a pleasure to see the list...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 05:30:26

At 11/20/05 02:15 AM, gfoxclock wrote: I will finish generating the update when I wake up, so fear not. This post is just so XwaynecoltX and Bahamut7 and other fervent fans of the list update nowadays won't freak out over me not posting the update at my usual late-at-night time.

Okay, thanks for the mention about that. I'll check the updates once you've posted here and mentioned about a new update.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 06:10:36

At 11/20/05 02:15 AM, gfoxclock wrote: It matters to me, damnit! And I assumed it mattered to you, but no matter. #;-}>

Hahaha. :-D

I've had editor/writer in my profile here on NG for years, since those are my true career passions. It's not what I'm getting paid for right now. I just never bothered to change it, and don't think I ever will. :::shrugs:::

Ah, I see. Well it is never too late to make your dreams come true. ;-)

At 11/20/05 03:05 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Thats fine and all feel free to post it when you feel you need or want to, i dont freak out...

Well, that may be true. But sure does Bahamut7 freak out. XD

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 06:13:53

At 11/20/05 06:10 AM, Andersson wrote: Well, that may be true. But sure does Bahamut7 freak out. XD

How dare you post that picture, but that was only on a day that I was short on interner time.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 06:20:01

At 11/20/05 06:13 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: How dare you post that picture.

Hihihihihihi. d^_^b

But that was only on a day that I was short on internet time.

Hahaha, as if that really matters. We all know what you're like when the server is down. ;-D

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 12:26:28

Web Pentalist Mark XLI is uploaded and available.

2 new members, yo. Welcome aboard to Parasoul and Mr_Snrub/merc_insanity. Long may they reign.

jonthomson = 3x10k now. Well done and congrats to him on the 10k exp + 2!

A lot of rankswapping ensued. The gains weren't as high as they tend to be this past week, but the top 5 gainers were all neck-and-neck, which is awesome.

Annnnnd... one bit of bad news.

As cool as our two new members are, their lack of saves (relative to the bulk of the list) and the lack of saves being gained this past week by the other 56 of us... = the save average dropped from over 10,000 (where it had finally, at long last, reached for the VERY FIRST TIME last week)... to under 10,000. Back to 9,9xx, damnit.

New list members and old list members alike... heed my words: GET MORE SAVES AND LESS BLAMS IF YOU'RE ACTIVELY B/PING. Do your part. For a better, brighter, more positive Portal AND StatWorld. #;-}>

Anyway, at least this update wasn't as uneventful as the last two, it was pretty nifty on the whole. And I wrote a ton of rambly list notes between the bits I wrote last night while falling asleep and the rest I wrote this morning before calculating the list stats and adding all the little touches it takes to make this list work well (appending onto the archives with the stats down there, adding jonthomson into the 3x10k section, etc. etc.).

Whew. Longest list update EVAR (from start time to finish time that is... the gap in between, not the time actually spent updating #;-}>).

And OGM, thanks to two new members, we have a LLL update INCOMING.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 12:28:06

List Leap List as of 20051119
(up from 26 to 28 list-leapers)

Rank -- List Leap -- [ Entry Rank / Members ] ( Update # ) Username
01 -- + 27 -- [ 21 / 50 ] ( 35 ) -Gooch-
02 -- + 22 -- [ 21 / 43 ] ( 30 ) EKRegulus
03 -- + 20 -- [ 12 / 32 ] ( 10 ) Denvish
04 -- + 20 -- [ 19 / 39 ] ( 22 ) KWAS71KCK
05 -- + 20 -- [ 34 / 56 ] ( 38 ) wismty
06 -- + 18 -- [ 31 / 50 ] ( 35 ) RoweNuts
07 -- + 18 -- [ 37 / 56 ] ( 38 ) AZPunisher
08 -- + 17 -- [ 18 / 36 ] ( 17 ) BonusStage
09 -- + 16 -- [ 25 / 42 ] ( 26 ) Qwoxyl
10 -- + 16 -- [ 40 / 56 ] ( 38 ) Toocool100
11 -- + 15 -- [ 35 / 50 ] ( 35 ) QuikFox
12 -- + 14 -- [ 17 / 31 ] ( 09 ) X-Naut
13 -- + 14 -- [ 24 / 38 ] ( 21 ) yaya12
14 -- + 13 -- [ 29 / 42 ] ( 26 ) Rabindarath
15 -- + 13 -- [ 31 / 44 ] ( 31 ) moongod
16 -- + 12 -- [ 33 / 45 ] ( 32 ) XkwiziTOnE
17 -- + 11 -- [ 23 / 34 ] ( 13 ) _lightning_
18 -- + 11 -- [ 42 / 53 ] ( 37 ) Newgrundling
19 -- + 08 -- [ 32 / 40 ] ( 23 ) jonthomson
20 -- + 07 -- [ 30 / 37 ] ( 19 ) placebo
21 -- + 07 -- [ 50 / 58 ] ( 41 ) Mr_Snrub
22 -- + 05 -- [ 42 / 47 ] ( 34 ) Pure_LionHeart
23 -- + 02 -- [ 44 / 46 ] ( 33 ) -Myst-
24 -- + 02 -- [ 49 / 52 ] ( 36 ) RageVI
25 -- + 02 -- [ 56 / 58 ] ( 41 ) Parasoul
26 -- + 01 -- [ 51 / 52 ] ( 36 ) rvyn
27 -- + 00 -- [ 33 / 33 ] ( 11 ) PimpMasterKDOG
28 -- + 00 -- [ 36 / 36 ] ( 17 ) bigbadron

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 12:40:54

First, catchup replies to those four posts I didn't end up replying to last weekend, or even during the week... loooong week at work. Excuses, excuses, I know. #;-}>

At 11/13/05 03:35 AM, iscRulz wrote: Lol your right RR X can be pretty generic sometimes. Yeah I can be accused of the same thing in the general forum ok. Anyways whos sorry for double posting I never am.

I'm not quite sure why the past two pages ended up being Beat Up on XwaynecoltX Central... and "pretty generic" isn't really an insult, but it's not much of a compliment either, is it?

Come on, folks. If you haven't got anything nice to say, then let's not say anything at all, okay?

What I try to do is talk about the person's ACTIONS, not the person themselves. I might not always succeed (we are all, at heart, hypocrites... sometimes accidental, sometimes purposeful), but I make the attempt. In my threads, please do me the favour of aiming for that same standard. If someone's doing something silly (like making a second post to add on to the first post they should have thought through better, or posting a ton and looking like a postwhore, let's comment on the ACTION, not the person). That's all.

Naw your just a poster that posts at any oppurnity you have.

That's a pretty apt but un-mean description of Pure right there. See folks, it's not so hard. #;-}>

Yes I rememeber the 9k plh. Once know as an infamous spammer then went awol to whore up rg. I never knew who purelionheart was before he slammed his way up to 9k posts, just the regular c&cer.

You never knew him before 9k posts? I'm trying to remember how many posts he had when I first knew him... 3k or so? I dunno. I really have no idea. When was Pure 9k PLH, anyway? What time span?

Well I would be 41st on this update. As always working on those posts and saves maybe or maybe not I will make it before march 9th.

Let's hope so, but I'd prefer you save your ass off to get there sooner than your exp will take you... and NOT spam your ass off to do so. #;-}>

At 11/13/05 03:42 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ya i have to admit that my posts are not on the funny side most of the time but thats just how i am, and i dont plan on changing, thats how i have posted and how i will post...

You tell 'em!

Another good looking update GFOX, i was not on the bbs as much i spent some time reviewing and had a fun time with it aswell...

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it as always. I DO appreciate your comments on my updates, BTW, and I don't want you leaving this thread. Just... um... try to think of stuff to say all at once in one post instead of making several short posts to add on to your original post that should have had the content from all the other posts, that's all. Okay? #;-}>

~X~

What would we do without the shining, revolving, rotating, awesomely nifty ~X~ sign in our threads, after all. ;_;

At 11/13/05 03:46 AM, BrotherGooch wrote: Another great update there, gfox.

Thankee kindly.

Well, I figrued I wouldn't pass anybody, but I am catching EK a little faster than I expected to do. Whether I get past him by next week, who knows? I was hoping to get by KWAS71KCK too, but he had a pretty strong week again. I guess time will eventually tell us.

You finally passed someone this week, so I hope you'll have no room to complain this time. Just don't be in a super rush to get past people beyond KWAS, because like I said higher up on page 83 (I believe, at least, IIRC last weekend accurately).... you'll be going nowhere fast, relatively speaking.

At 11/13/05 05:04 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
Great update gfox. As predicted, I would be mentioned again on this update. 9100 posts there. Heh, just under 900 posts to go. :)

Yo yo yo, I aims to please and deliver the pleasing update I shall. Thanks.

You're going to be mentioned on EVERY update from now on, you silly bastard. Please don't reply to every update from now on before you hit 2x10k with "OMG, I got mentioned again! I can't believe it, this is so awesome!" Because your mock silliness will begint o wear thin. #;-}>

Seeing as how you gain like 200+ posts per week, I don't think you'll be on that list for very long before making it to the big leagues, anyway, so... heh... non-issue, let's hope.

And far less other stats.

Keep that part of the posting-god equation in mind, because there are very few people who can master all the NG trades and do them all to excessive proportions.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 13:06:57

At 11/13/05 06:13 AM, he-who-is-not-really-Violet-AIM wrote: Pointless probably to some but it was something i should have been abit more patient with...

Just more careful when making a post to begin with, man. That's all. Hitting the "Send post" button should not be something done casually. I usually am pasting several quotes together and replying to all of them and then making sure I didn't make any hugely obvious screw ups before I even paste the whole chunk from Notepad back into the NG post screen and hitting send.

I mean, everyone doesn't have to do it that way, but you can't be surprised if people are going to take your multi-posts-just-to-correct-a-mistake/add-
a-tiny-bit-of-self-evident-info to a previous post as post whoring. That's all that Recon did. I wish he hadn't phrased it the way he did to you, but that's what caused it. :::shrugs:::

Thats because when i saw the totals of blams i then came here and posted,

i dont tend to look at the exp first but scroll down to the b/p's of the profiles, it was something i over looked and like i said i could have been more patient with the 2nd post...

Or added more stuff into it, or yeah, waited until more time had passed (And people had replied) to post it... or, like I think is best, never had to post it at all because you noticed the nearly-10,000-exp BEFORE hitting send. That's all.

Sorry to say but yes i did, and thats why i did post a second time because i did overlook the stat, i just thought it was interesting and something to post...

Like i said to whats his name, that if its such an issue delet the post if not more, whatever you feel needs to be done...

Dude. Nothing needs to be done. If I deleted all the off-topic rambling that happened in my list topics, do you really think they'd be 111 and 83 pages long?

Nope. More like... hm... 60-80 and 50-60 pages long, probably.

Relax and don't take things so seriously. All the stuff I've said to you since Recon got upset has been an attempt to give you constructive criticism.. which, if followed, should hopefully prevent it from happening again.

At 11/13/05 06:46 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Yep, I'll be happy to see how well I do here.

Well enough to look like a damned good pentalist member in the eyes of just about everyone in this topic... but not well enough to satisfy you.

That's my prediction. You'll always want more more more. #;-}>

Okay.
Or maybe just three weeks.

Okay.

Yeah, too bad he won't get remodded. :(

Never say never. I kinda missed him getting modded in the first place (not sure if he knows that, but if I were to go into level up! right now and say it, I'm sure he'd never let me live it down), but I certainly didn't know he was a mod before... well, before he wasn't again. O_o

Alright, I'll wait. BTW, sorry for my mad obsession of the W's on Retrogade. :S

You're not the only one, and that's the problem. #;-}>

Keep on bringin' teh W, I'll keep on deletin' 'em.

At 11/13/05 10:44 AM, Wylo wrote: Thanks gfox.

You're quite welcome, sirrah.

There's a good amount of activity with the passing and jostling for position and Wylo had over 1000 points and got first place in the rate/gain game and... oooooooooooh yeah... we finally broke an average of 10,000 saves! WOOT! #;-}>
Stat-whoring is fun!

Yeah, it certainly is. I wish this week had someone getting over 1000 points (especially if 200+ of them had been saves that helped to keep our average over, or at least closer to, 10000 ;_;), though...

At 11/13/05 02:01 PM, X-Naut wrote: Good update Gfox. =)

Nothin much really happened but Mary almost making the list so congrats to her.

Thanks, X-NautyNaut. But yeah, Mary's doing well, she'll be here soon. I wonder if she even knows about the list, though.

At 11/13/05 11:17 PM, ramagi wrote: Heck I didn't think I borke 100 points since the last update.
I have other things to do as of late.
Heck I am still catching up on thigns around the site.

Well, it's less than a week later but I don't think you can say that again for some time. The "don't think I broke 100 points" thing.

Me, OTOH... I haven't broken 100 points since the last update since early October.

(on gfoxcook, that is... if you add in my gfoxclock b/p, of course I break 100 all the time... I usually get at least 2-5 if not 10 b/p per day for gfoxclock... a nice low number so I can stay sane but still have some b/p funs)

At 11/14/05 04:24 AM, iscRulz wrote: Thats ok dude its better than being some person that trys to be funny and not themselfs. No reason to change in the future.

True enough. Except for the typos and lack of 's. #;-}>

</anal grammar mode>

Ah well you went something, about 2 weeks ago I was less than 1,000 posts away now it the last week you gained 450 posts. So name some spammer that would have that behavorial posting pattern.

biteme in his day, ZAAL, Ozcar, Shrapnel in his day, Tanner in his day, PLH, and X for those two-three weeks of insane posting.

At 11/13/05 05:38 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Everyone should know their roman numerals. o_o
But the schools wont teach the children. which they should.

Well, some schools teach them. I was taught them in the 80s.

Damn I already got 10k blams I could of went for posts and exp. I would be proud no ashamed.

Exp = greatness. So it will outweight the ease of blams or posts. Maybe not of both, though. But yes, you should be proud, not ashamed. Doesn't mean I can't tease people (including myself!) for getting the easy 10ks. Like blams.

I haven't gained the other "easy" 10k yet, because the way my NG life has been for 1-2 years now, the posting is actually harder than the exp. I haven't gotten over 10 posts in a day on average over even just a ONE week period... since early-mid 2004 (18 months ago or so), certainly. And maybe not since 2003 on a consistent basis.

Rubs eyes in disbelief:: I cant believe it.

I can't remember what you need to believe but can't believe. Damnit.

GET MORE SAVES, damnit!
Yes I will but slowly I havent been gain much hopefully it with be my 3rd 10k stat or better yet 2nd but worst yet 4th.

MORE SAVES. That is all. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-11-20 13:11:28

At 11/20/05 06:20 AM, Andersson wrote: Hahaha, as if that really matters. We all know what you're like when the server is down. ;-D

If I've deposited, gone through BBS posts and that, I wouldn't mind if the server would be down for an hour or two. Would be better if it happened on the weekend.

At 11/20/05 12:26 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark XLI is uploaded and available.

Nice update gfox. Just me in the 10+k/9+k list. 9323 posts is good, so that's 223 posts made in that week, which is 33 posts a day. That makes me very happy. :D

At 11/20/05 12:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote: You're going to be mentioned on EVERY update from now on, you silly bastard.

LOL, I know I'll be on every update from now on. And calling me a silly bastard, was that for searching your Retrogade profile in a hard way?

Please don't reply to every update from now on before you hit 2x10k with "OMG, I got mentioned again! I can't believe it, this is so awesome!" Because your mock silliness will begint o wear thin. #;-}>

OMG, I got mentioned again! I can't believe it, this is so awesome! XD Nah, I know I'll be there until 2x10k.

Seeing as how you gain like 200+ posts per week, I don't think you'll be on that list for very long before making it to the big leagues, anyway, so... heh... non-issue, let's hope.

Nope, just around three weeks and I'll enter the list. A week before that, my bat!!

Keep that part of the posting-god equation in mind, because there are very few people who can master all the NG trades and do them all to excessive proportions.

True, if I pulled a ZAAL with posts, I would most likely have less blams/saves and less reviews. Don't worry, I'm high on all those stats (666 reviews I think is high for reviewing).