Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2016-01-17 10:45:17 Reply

At 1/16/16 05:59 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: 16. 2 Viper50

Who knows. Maybe that 2 will become a 3 by the next one haha. Kidding. I'm more active on here. But not that much more active I guess.

Also...name!

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2016-01-17 15:24:17 Reply

At 1/17/16 08:36 AM, gamejunkie wrote: I'm totally shocked and quite frankly a little embarrassed. I was on holidays for 10-11 days of this update and my stand-in, out B/P'd my usually good standard of B/Ping to put me on the Top 5 list. I suppose I owe Jim a big thank you.

So I heard. :D Medal points might've played in a bit I think? Nothing to be embarassed about! It's a momental rank, a relic of progress and potential!

How could we possibly not enjoy it?

Heh, good to hear. I assume DevourerJay might be the one not so happy one on this one, if there is one.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2016-01-17 15:24:45 Reply

At 1/17/16 10:45 AM, Viper wrote: Also...name!

Oh, right! One more place names need changing I see! Fixed for next update.

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2016-01-25 03:05:11 Reply

At 5/20/15 03:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Hey Dev! Glad to see your still around! :D

I wouldn't go quite far as to say that, I mean I am only what, 8 months late in replying to this? :P

Planning to get back to statting again maybe? How's the free time?

I don't think so, honestly. Busy with work and I'm just not feeling it anymore, but who knows what the future might bring. Hell, I always seem to come back eventually. ;)

Later!

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Writer

At 1/25/16 03:05 AM, Dev wrote: I wouldn't go quite far as to say that, I mean I am only what, 8 months late in replying to this? :P

What's a few months of measured moments in the context of all dependable dimensional diversities passing by in the endless abyss of our encapsulating universal void! :D

I don't think so, honestly. Busy with work and I'm just not feeling it anymore, but who knows what the future might bring. Hell, I always seem to come back eventually. ;)

Later!

Hope all that hard work will pay off; you can just live off of those gargantuan savings and savor time as you see fit. ;) Does seem like you're pretty busy. Thanks for stopping by though. See you around!

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Movie Buff
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2016-01-25 20:05:47 Reply

At 1/16/16 05:59 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #25 (1/16/2016)

First of all thanks for the effort you have put in here and taking the time to continue these lists.

Top 5 Gainers
5. 1421 XwaynecoltX

Oh didn't see that coming but I guess its all good, not sure I will be there all that much but again nice to see.

~X~

~X~ ((FOLLOW-ME))
~X~ ((P-BOT NAKED))
[] [] [] [] 14 years on newgrounds Whoohooo [] [] [] []
(NEED A REVIEW???) (( 22,000 + REVIEWS )

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Writer

At 1/25/16 08:05 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: First of all thanks for the effort you have put in here and taking the time to continue these lists.

Thanks. Some days I'd really rather do other things (it takes some time), but I do love these lists! Especially when I'm on them. :D

Oh didn't see that coming but I guess its all good, not sure I will be there all that much but again nice to see.

Hehe, well you've claimed an eternal spot in the Top Gainers at least, if you don't decide to rise through the ranks. ;) Good to see you around!

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2016-01-29 12:22:31 Reply

At 1/26/16 04:16 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Thanks. Some days I'd really rather do other things (it takes some time), but I do love these lists! Especially when I'm on them. :D

We all love the lists. Keep up the great work.
BTW, how long does it take to update a list?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Writer

At 1/29/16 12:22 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: We all love the lists. Keep up the great work.
BTW, how long does it take to update a list?

Thanks man; will do!

Hmm, let's analyze: scanning profiles and scraping stats (just update list and let it run) takes around 2 hours with 3000 users. After that's done I open up the main excel file and spend maybe... half an hour importing/sorting those stats, resetting/updating increases/totals, looking for new users, and finally, generating the code for the update. Then: fix up the new HTML file (unless I'm in a mood for a lengthy description this probably takes about 5-10 minutes), fix the update/top gainers thing for this topic (another 5-10 minutes) aaaand upload/post! So, all in all it's at least 1 hour of solid work, and another 2 by the computer.

Adding small style changes or messing up some part of the process in the middle of the update and having to go back and start over can add a bit to this time too... which does happen occasionally. That or the scanner crashes and needs to start over. Some updates are incredibly smooth and some take waaay too long, but it's definitely a quicker process now than when I started. Maybe in a few years it'll be just like routine.