New Topic Respond to this Topic
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 05:55 PM Reply

At 3/18/13 05:15 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: At 3/18/13 03:57 PM, Bahamut wrote:.
Sorry it has to be the hard way. We just can't have this being a medal leaderboard + some stats. :P
Considering Vice or X would have taken the first spots in the hexalist a long time ago if the score was based on points... it's OK. :)

Doing a quick calculation, I would be second on this list if medal points would've counted towards your score instead of medals. I'd be about 170000 points behind Nijsse, who would easily take the #1 spot.
Not a bad idea in my opinion. :P

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 3/18/13 02:43 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: It would go much faster if medal points were counted instead of medals. ;) Only four users with more than 10k medals on this list so far, and they've been medaling for years... this might take a while.

HA! Yeah, that would make things easier for everyone. Hell, even I'd be quadlisted now!

Newsposts, comments on newsposts, responses to reviews, submissions, playlists, user creations, there's so many possibilities! :) And who knows what new exiting countable features will be introduced in the future.

No, no, no, no, no and no! :P Also, I'm surprised you didn't mention fans and friends. (Though I don't think there's any way to see who somebody else has on their friends list?)

At 3/18/13 03:57 PM, Bahamut wrote: I was originally considering making audio reviews separate to flash reviews but then came the art portal and felt it would be better to just keep all the reviews in one category. That helps even more now since the flash portal is now split into two and eventually we should get the writing portal but the odds of that happening is slim to none.

Yeah, reviews kinda got all jumbled up lately. It is much easier just to lump them all together now.

Medals was put into consideration as soon as they were introduced. However, due to the different nature of how they worked as stats, they weren't rushed in because they were in beta at the time.

I was actually active during this time and remember it well.

At first it was considered to include medal points but after some responses against it, it was changed to consider quantity of medals instead and I feel that works out better because if we did the former, Nijsse would have obliterated the top spot by at least 100,000 points with medals alone. Quantity of medals was more ideal so that was tried out in beta updates which I made the hexalist official once we got the 2012 redesign.

Yeah, basing it on medal points would totally overwhelm every other stat. Counting medals really worked out perfectly, as earning 10,000 of them is just as big of a challenge (or more, in the case of saves, certainly) as earning any other 10k stat.

Medals are just above reviews in terms of difficulty to get them to 10,000 so it worked.

I don't know about that; I could get 10 medals a day pretty easily and there are more and more medal games coming out every day. 10 reviews that are up to my standard on the other hand, no way. (10k medals is actually a goal of mine, as it's my only real chance at getting quadlisted.) Now if we were talking 10 YouTube comments a day, well, I could probably manage that. ;)

With just managing one stat list alone, it's easy to understand why you would expand your work and do more for it. It's good to see this list getting the better light it deserves.

Hey, don't forget that I revived the top responses. :P Probably only going to post an update for that every few months, though.

I still don't understand why Webs.com had to change shit around and make it mandatory to use their own crap. Maybe because I have subscribed to them is why it's yet to be forced on me. When my subscription does expire (I won't be renewing at all), I might be on the same boat and will have to find another web server. If you do end up finding a good place that's free or maybe even give you a decent cheap annual offer, I will definitely appreciate being informed about it.

I'm talking to Cyberdevil about it now -I'm clueless, as usual. :D

If it works fine for you for the time being, then I can't argue. I don't know about your life situations right now so if you're loaded with free time then it's all good. Looking forward to every 17th should be alright Although, if you are going to do it every month, what about giving the 1st of each month a shot? There might be some downsides to that but I'd like to hear your input.

I could probably move it to the 1st, if that's something people want. It'll have to wait until I'm 100% confident with the list/hosting, though.

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 3/18/13 05:55 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Not a bad idea in my opinion. :P

Keep dreaming. :P

And here's the update on it's new subdomain, courtesy of Cyberdevil. Hopefully this will put an end to the issues I've been having and prove the best/easiest option. (And my apologies to fans of the short-lived skinny layout.) :x

http://hexalist.ngpot.com/

Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 18th, 2013 @ 07:14 PM Reply

It sounds like this list would be a different dimension in your hands. :O

At 3/18/13 06:12 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: No, no, no, no, no and no! :P Also, I'm surprised you didn't mention fans and friends. (Though I don't think there's any way to see who somebody else has on their friends list?)

Oh yeah, that too! Fans, I mean. Friends seem like a private feature, not something you would or should collect for stats. Imagine how this list would be with people like Krinkels in it though. That would be... different. :/

Yeah, basing it on medal points would totally overwhelm every other stat. Counting medals really worked out perfectly, as earning 10,000 of them is just as big of a challenge (or more, in the case of saves, certainly) as earning any other 10k stat.

Blams are definitely the most difficult ones to attain right now..

10k medals is actually a goal of mine, as it's my only real chance at getting quadlisted

Wish there were more games like this one. :)

Looking good!

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 3/18/13 07:10 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
Keep dreaming. :P

And here's the update on it's new subdomain, courtesy of Cyberdevil. Hopefully this will put an end to the issues I've been having and prove the best/easiest option. (And my apologies to fans of the short-lived skinny layout.) :x

This looks good. I like the wider layout much more.

Also, if you have any questions regarding HTML, just ask. I think I'm pretty good at it. ^^

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 03:13 PM Reply

So, I took Bahamut's suggestion and expanded the "users closest to entry" list to active users who are within 1,000 points (9,000+) of their 2nd 10k stat -you can see it now on the most recent update.

At 3/18/13 07:14 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Blams are definitely the most difficult ones to attain right now..

Yeah, and there's nothing within your power you can do to get more of them, either. :(

Wish there were more games like this one. :)

I knew what game it was before I even clicked the link. ;)

At 3/19/13 01:48 PM, Haggard wrote: This looks good. I like the wider layout much more.

Glad you like it.

Also, if you have any questions regarding HTML, just ask. I think I'm pretty good at it. ^^

Thanks. I may take you up on that offer, at some point. :P

Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 04:25 PM Reply

I'll never quad list :( getting reviews is a huge pain in the ass and there just aren't any blams to go around anymore. What do?

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 3/19/13 04:25 PM, Cootie wrote: I'll never quad list :( getting reviews is a huge pain in the ass and there just aren't any blams to go around anymore. What do?

Travel back in time. Get more blams. Problem solved.

I need to get either reviews or posts to 10k to become quadlisted... but at the rate I am going with both of those stats, I'll never make it. :(

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Mar. 19th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 3/19/13 04:25 PM, Cootie wrote: I'll never quad list :( getting reviews is a huge pain in the ass and there just aren't any blams to go around anymore. What do?

Get medals. :P

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:44 AM Reply

As I stated in the b/p thread, the Hexalist updates are to be on the 1st of the month for now on. Therefore the update previously scheduled for today has been moved to May 1st.

See you all then!

Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 3/19/13 05:12 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Get medals. :P

Yeah. Experience, saves, posts and medals is probably the quickest route to quadlisted status nowadays. To get to 10k medals from scratch probably still requires a lot of dedication though.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 02:33 AM Reply

At 4/17/13 11:44 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote: As I stated in the b/p thread, the Hexalist updates are to be on the 1st of the month for now on. Therefore the update previously scheduled for today has been moved to May 1st.

See you all then!

Great! Gives me enough time to hit the 200k Milestone ;)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 3/19/13 04:30 PM, Haggard wrote:
Travel back in time. Get more blams. Problem solved.

I think that it's going to be easier to raise a revolutionary army and literally blam 60-70% of the flash submitted as of now. That might turn a few heads.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 4/21/13 11:20 AM, Coop wrote:
I think that it's going to be easier to raise a revolutionary army and literally blam 60-70% of the flash submitted as of now. That might turn a few heads.

In my opinion only about half of the flash submitted should make it onto the sight anyways. Lately I've been fed up with not getting blams and I have been increasingly brutal in the way I vote.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 1st, 2013 @ 12:27 AM Reply

Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #2 (5/1/2013)

I pulled stats for the update yesterday afternoon, so I decided to get things posted a tad early. (Take that, Knuckstrike!) :P

As you can see, I added another little list to the update post that keeps track of the amount of times each user has placed in the top 5 gainers. (I just can't help myself.) I used to do all kinds of stuff like this when updating the top reviewers lists, so I may add more stuff if it comes to me. Stay tuned. :P

There are 5 new entries this time. Welcome to: BrokenDeck ohbombuh and smokinyak who entered with a combination of 10K EXP and 10K Saves. MatthewF with 10K Saves and 10K Medals and Slingerz with 10K EXP and 10K Medals.

Ericho became triple-listed by being only the 5th user in Newgrounds history to reach 10K reviews! EventHorizon also reached triple-listed status with 10K medals. Congrats to both!

Top 5 Gainers

Rank | Total Stat Gain | User

1. 3717 Cyberdevil
2. 3529 MatthewF
3. 3371 ViceFullbuster
4. 3057 EventHorizon
5. 2814 Idiot-Finder

(Biggest Loser): -22 24901Miles :'(

Times Placed in Top 5

Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-

1. 2 Cyberdevil
2. 2 EventHorizon
3. 2 Idiot-Finder
4. 1 MatthewF
5. 1 LiquidFire
6. 1 ViceFullbuster
7. 1 Metal-Therapy

Next Update: June 1st, 2013.

Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 1st, 2013 @ 04:34 AM Reply

Thanks for the update! :) Progress isn't going as fast as last time, but it seems I'm still at the top of the gainers, nice. Extra nice being present at the start of this new re-occurring gainers listing, that's a #1 spot I'd like to take/hold, at least until vacation. :)

Congrats Ericho & EventHorizon!

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 1st, 2013 @ 05:21 AM Reply

At 5/1/13 12:27 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #2 (5/1/2013)

Thanks for the update!

39 0 *** Haggard 102,427 +839

Well, I wonder where all those stats come from. I stopped B/Ping and I still gain nearly 1000 stat points? Aweomse. ^^

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 1st, 2013 @ 02:28 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 12:27 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #2 (5/1/2013)

18 | 0 | **** | Auz | 137,170 | +1168

No ranks up, but at least I gained a decent amount. I haven't been around all that much lately, mostly due to a crammed schedule at university. The coming month is going to be just as busy for me, so I hope I can at least stay above 1000.

Thanks for the update Metal-Therapy!

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 1st, 2013 @ 04:59 PM Reply

what the shit how did I go down one rank when I got such a high gain?

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 1st, 2013 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 04:34 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Extra nice being present at the start of this new re-occurring gainers listing, that's a #1 spot I'd like to take/hold, at least until vacation. :)

Even with a "bad" month, you're still at #1 -I'd say you shouldn't have much of an issue keeping that #1 spot...

Also, when are you gonna get 10K medals...?

At 5/1/13 05:21 AM, Haggard wrote: Well, I wonder where all those stats come from. I stopped B/Ping and I still gain nearly 1000 stat points? Aweomse. ^^

The spreadsheet has spoken! You're just better at whoring stats than you thought. ;)

At 5/1/13 04:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: what the shit how did I go down one rank when I got such a high gain?

From what I can tell, while you did pass a few people, you were also passed by at least three of the users around you. Also, one of the new additions to the list is ranked higher than you, which would result in everyone below that user being kicked down a rank.

Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:11 AM Reply

Great update M-T

5400 to go

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 05:39 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: From what I can tell, while you did pass a few people, you were also passed by at least three of the users around you. Also, one of the new additions to the list is ranked higher than you, which would result in everyone below that user being kicked down a rank.

oh well I am still in the TOP 300 Users overall.

YoinK
YoinK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Game Developer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List May. 5th, 2013 @ 08:59 PM Reply

This list sure has evolved over the years!

Kanye West Did What??????
They should make a black guy the manager, they know how to run shit!
2 Girls 1 Cup .... THE SONG!!!!

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 03:04 PM Reply

Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #3 (6/1/2013)

Congrats and welcome to our 2 new entries: Castilveinya and tongresman. Both gained entry to the list with 10k EXP and 10k saves.

Also, congrats to Knuckstrike on upgrading to 3x10k status by way of 10k saves. Nice work!

Top 5 Gainers

1. 3110 Asandir
2. 2719 Cyberdevil
3. 2461 MatthewF
4. 2302 EventHorizon
5. 2279 Shantom

(Biggest Loser): -89 Addict

Times Placed in Top 5

Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-

1. 3 Cyberdevil
2. 3 EventHorizon
3. 2 Idiot-Finder
4. 2 MatthewF
5. 1 LiquidFire
6. 1 ViceFullbuster
7. 1 Metal-Therapy
8. 1 Shantom

Next Update: July 1st, 2013.

Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Shantom
Shantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 6/1/13 03:04 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Top 5 Gainers

1. 3110 Asandir
2. 2719 Cyberdevil
3. 2461 MatthewF
4. 2302 EventHorizon
5. 2279 Shantom

Gamers are dominating this list :P

Thanks for the update Metal-Therapy! :3

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 6/1/13 03:04 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #3 (6/1/2013)

18 | 0 | **** | Auz | 137,878 | +708

Not too shabby, and from the looks of it I'll pass courtday on the next update. Then it won't be far anymore until I pass Denvish. Awesome.

Thanks Metal-Therapy.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:10 AM Reply

At 6/1/13 03:04 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #3 (6/1/2013)

Thanks for the update, Metal-Therapy. Looks like I've moved up to 8th on the all time list, by passing Wylo. Now it's a case of looking at mostly Savewhores above me. Of them all, I think that it's only really ViceFullbuster whom I actually have more than a little respect for, since he's done a lot for the site over the years.

Moan over, I'll get on with the day. More blams!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:19 AM Reply

Thanks for the update! Didn't expect to be in the Top 5 gainers again, nice. :)

At 6/1/13 03:04 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Also, congrats to Knuckstrike on upgrading to 3x10k status by way of 10k saves. Nice work!

Congrats Knuckstrike!

At 5/1/13 05:39 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Also, when are you gonna get 10K medals...?

When I win a million dollars, or learn how to pause time, or learn how to sleep so deeply I only need a couple of hours rest. :P So maybe later this year...

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:15 AM Reply

Thank you Metal-Therapy and Cyberdevil.

I expected my gain to be a bit higher than 1100, but I guess I haven't gained many medals lately.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 5/5/13 08:59 PM, YoinK wrote: This list sure has evolved over the years!

Indeed it has. I can say for sure that back in the day I never would have believed that I'd be updating it one day!

At 6/1/13 04:11 PM, Shantom wrote: Gamers are dominating this list :P

I noticed that. Guess I need to get off my ass and get back on that top gainers list. Lets see...Maybe by getting some more medals? Wait a sec... lol

At 6/2/13 05:19 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: When I win a million dollars, or learn how to pause time, or learn how to sleep so deeply I only need a couple of hours rest. :P So maybe later this year...

Sounds about right. :P I actually hadn't noticed at the time that ViceFullbuster is over half way to 10k medals. Cyberdevil, you need to catch up and make a race of this, man!

Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature