Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Which game series went downhill? 2012-12-02 12:15:49 Reply

At 12/2/12 10:04 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/28/12 12:22 PM, Ihatedapatriots wrote: Most of them do, but Sonic and Silent Hill have been particularly bad.
Silent Hill was the first games series on my mind before anything else. I can still say stuff like Final Fantasy, Crash and Spyro went downhill but if there's any that have fallen so hard after their classics, it's Silent Hill. At least I'll always have the first three games to play whenever I want.

The problem with Silent Hill compared to the others is that the original developers stopped making them, which really should have been the end of the game, not have idiot Americans with no understanding of horror dig it up and attempt to keep it alive.

I do have to agree with Spyro and Crash a lot, as Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer was one of my first and favourite PS1 games and probably the first to get 100% on, it was so fun and then when it came to the PS2 Dragonfly one I just really couldn't stand what happened to it, it was just like they ripped all the fun out of the games, which was weird since it wasn't that different but it was just like the heart of the game wasn't there. Crash was similar with Crash 2 being the best again but then by the time it got to PS2 it was meh.

I find it really odd that there are people going on about wanting new games in franchises that are years old, even to the point of having a petition. I saw once a petition for a new Medievil game...I really can't comprehend why anyone would want that, sure the first game was amazing, the second less so but still good. But do they honestly think that after 10+ years shoving a petition into the hands of the designers to tell them to make another would make it any good? They would have made another one if they thought it would work...

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
EisUndStahl
EisUndStahl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Which game series went downhill? 2012-12-03 04:54:28 Reply

COD.......They keep doing the exact same fucking thing, over and over again.

Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Which game series went downhill? 2012-12-03 07:19:13 Reply

Basically ALL game series are going down hill. People care more about money than they do about the actual game, and spend alot less effort on the game in attempts to just get the game out faster and cheaper. Ironically people buy the games based on their name alone so the game publishers arent being given much of a challenge when it comes to sales.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Which game series went downhill? 2012-12-03 07:28:03 Reply

Final Fantasy- everything after XI is complete shit because they got successful and want to milk the cash cow look at the crime against humanity that is FFXIII
Halo- anything after 3 BLEH
COD- complete and udder garbage shoot, take cover, shoot, Grenade! grenade didn't kill them because COD is very inaccurate about weaponry.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Which game series went downhill? 2012-12-03 09:15:58 Reply

At 12/2/12 05:37 AM, Austerity wrote: The Donkey Kong Country series went steeply downhill after the first two games. DKC2 and DKC Returns sucked.

You're crazy. Donkey Kong Country 3 was good, and it is probably the hardest game of the series. And if you liked the original DK Country how on Earth could you dislike DK Country Returns? All those games are classic.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature