00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09

32,409 Views | 402 Replies

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-29 21:22:19

At 5/29/09 09:06 PM, Elios wrote: I'm looking at google maps here, and there's a US Canada Toll bridge near Detroit. The town of Sania MI. I could chance it, and hopefully get back the US through there (looks like a small enough town to just skip through ever so quietly). BUT, there's always a risk. I'll do some more research.

why dont you carpool with Jonas? He was looking for another person. Maybe you can coordinate a good checkpoint to meet at and then just carpool it over the border.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-29 21:25:43

At 5/29/09 08:53 PM, Rig wrote:
At 5/29/09 08:46 PM, Elios wrote: I can get IN to Canada...but more than likely, i won't be allowed back into the states (without wearing cuffs that is...)
There's always the slingshot method. I think it worked on Mythbusters, lol.

Alright, so my flight gets in on Thursday night at around 8:30 PM. Where will you guys be? Etienne and I shall join you.

I'll meet with 36Holla and un-kebecois at our hotel room around 3PM or maybe later.

My signature was old so I changed it.

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-29 21:31:10

At 5/29/09 09:22 PM, Luis wrote:
At 5/29/09 09:06 PM, Elios wrote: I'm looking at google maps here, and there's a US Canada Toll bridge near Detroit. The town of Sania MI. I could chance it, and hopefully get back the US through there (looks like a small enough town to just skip through ever so quietly). BUT, there's always a risk. I'll do some more research.
why dont you carpool with Jonas? He was looking for another person. Maybe you can coordinate a good checkpoint to meet at and then just carpool it over the border.

True, but here's the thing, according to the new law that is being passed june 1st, all American citizens are REQUIRED to have an Enhanced Drivers License to cross the border into the US. Don't have one, tough luck, you're stuck in Canada. Push it, are you're arrested.

Unless we get off easy and they just let us back in no prob, i'd be ok with that, but what's got me worried is one minute, i'm driving to the border, next, i'm being hauled off due to lack of identification because "He might be a terrorist! GET HIM!!!"

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-29 21:54:02

At 5/29/09 09:31 PM, Elios wrote:
At 5/29/09 09:22 PM, Luis wrote:
True, but here's the thing, according to the new law that is being passed june 1st, all American citizens are REQUIRED to have an Enhanced Drivers License to cross the border into the US. Don't have one, tough luck, you're stuck in Canada. Push it, are you're arrested.

You can get back in with a passport. They changed it so you couldnt just waltz over with just your id/drivers license. The enhanced version streamlines the process but you can go back and forth with just your american passport just fine.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-30 20:48:37

Little change in the schedule for Saturday and Sunday:

We will be heading to Beerfest early in the afternoon and keep the old port tourist stuff for Sunday. A couple of friends of mine who have worked at beerfest before told me that it would be a nightmare to go there on Saturday night and that since we'll be a fairly large group, we should go there early, as in around noon instead of 6.

So that pretty much leaves us with an open schedule for Saturday night. So let's hear your suggestions on what we should do. Kanadian-Keith told me about one of his friends playing a show, but I have no idea where the show is and what kind of music it'll be, but best-case scenario, we'd need a cheap activity so that everyone can participate. A couple of games of laserquest could be cool, we did it last time, but I'd need to know who would come for reservations and shit.

Anyway, updated schedule goes HERE!

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-31 18:41:17

Passport is fine for going back and forth through Canada.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-31 22:08:32

Brutopia? Does montreal only have that one bar?

None

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-31 22:28:53

At 5/31/09 10:08 PM, Luis wrote: Brutopia? Does montreal only have that one shitty bar?

Fixed.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-31 23:03:11

At 5/31/09 10:08 PM, Luis wrote: Brutopia? Does montreal only have that one bar?

Yeah I officially ban Brutopia outings cause I've been there enough and they stopped making all their good beers so fuck em.

There's about 500 other bars we can go to.

Though I hope it's not too cold. Everyone just bring long pants and a coat just in case...

Also, thanks, Kevin, for taking care of scheduling and whatnot, you rule.

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-05-31 23:23:55

BRUTOPIA'S CLASSIC, GUISE
But yeah, I'm kinda getting tired of it. There's always great ones on St. Laurent.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-01 00:07:47

At 6/1/09 12:06 AM, Kanadian-Keith wrote:
At 5/31/09 09:41 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 5/31/09 09:38 PM, Kanadian-Keith wrote: So since there will be about 12-15 people

how many smaller groups are there going to be?
???
on hamsters master plan he said we will probably break into smaller groups, so how many smaller groups do you think there will be?

The groups will probably just split up naturally, I don't think we have to decide now.

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-01 10:28:23

At 5/31/09 11:03 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 5/31/09 10:08 PM, Luis wrote: Brutopia? Does montreal only have that one bar?
Yeah I officially ban Brutopia outings cause I've been there enough and they stopped making all their good beers so fuck em.

But... but... raspberry blonde!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There's about 500 other bars we can go to.

Any suggestion apart from the St-Bock?
Foufes is near enough, but a bit small and easily packed.
If you like good local beer, there's L'amère à boire or Le quai des Brumes on St-Denis (though I wouldn't suggest the latter, since its usual clients are die-hard separatists who hate the english :P).

Though I hope it's not too cold. Everyone just bring long pants and a coat just in case...

According to The Weather Network, temperatures will stay well under 20° for the whole weekend, so yeah, bring a good coat. One the plus side, it will be mostly sunny except for Sunday :)

Also, thanks, Kevin, for taking care of scheduling and whatnot, you rule.

Buy me beer and we'll call it even ;)

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-01 10:32:49

At 6/1/09 12:06 AM, Kanadian-Keith wrote: on hamsters master plan he said we will probably break into smaller groups, so how many smaller groups do you think there will be?

Actually, I said we might have to plit into smaller groups if it gets too crowded at Beerfest, but since we'll be going early in the day, it SHOULDN'T be a problem. Then again, I never been to Beerfest this early in the day, so I don't know what to expect...

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-01 21:11:55

At 6/1/09 08:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Hey Or am I..

Are you? Don't leave us hanging!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-01 21:31:25

At 6/1/09 09:11 PM, Rig wrote:
At 6/1/09 08:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Hey Or am I..
Are you? Don't leave us hanging!

God, I can't take the suspense anymore!!

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-01 21:36:15

At 6/1/09 10:28 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Any suggestion apart from the St-Bock?
Foufes is near enough, but a bit small and easily packed.
If you like good local beer, there's L'amère à boire or Le quai des Brumes on St-Denis (though I wouldn't suggest the latter, since its usual clients are die-hard separatists who hate the english :P).

I'd like to go to the Foufs (that's les foufounes Ă©lectriques, right?) because I've heard this name a lot and have never been. Le Quai des Brumes could be cool because I think my (die-hard separatist) cousin works there. But yeah if there are some extremist people, it might not be advised.

If we do get in such trouble, a few of us are native French speakers (including me, as if the Ă© in my last name wasn't enough of a sign) so we could sort that out.

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 09:23:13

At 6/1/09 09:36 PM, Proottalfain wrote: If we do get in such trouble, a few of us are native French speakers (including me, as if the Ă© in my last name wasn't enough of a sign) so we could sort that out.

Uuuh... as much as I love Quebec, die-hard separatists really do get on my nerves, so if they come to us, I might be tempted to punch them in the face. It's a safer bet just to avoid that place...

And yes, Foufs is les foufounes Ă©lectriques (one of the first bars Nirvana played outside of Seattle, look it up :P) and I guess it would be the smartest choice for our group. Plus, the beer is very cheap!

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 09:25:48

At 6/2/09 09:23 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: And yes, Foufs is les foufounes Ă©lectriques (one of the first bars Nirvana played outside of Seattle, look it up :P) and I guess it would be the smartest choice for our group. Plus, the beer is very cheap!

I mean, just look at the list of artists they received in 1990! And keep in mind that this is a BAR, not necessarily a full-out concert place.

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 14:14:15

Triple post, yaaaay!

Also, if you wish to come to La Ronde (Six Flags park) with us on Friday, please PLEASE buy your tickets online first! You will save 5$ and you will also save the hassle of waiting in line for 30 minutes at the entrance to buy it.

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 22:58:05

At 6/2/09 02:14 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
Triple post, yaaaay!
Also, if you wish to come to La Ronde (Six Flags park) with us on Friday, please PLEASE buy your tickets online first! You will save 5$ and you will also save the hassle of waiting in line for 30 minutes at the entrance to buy it.

I don't have a credit card :C
And you save $5 at first, but they charge you $5.70 to get it online, lol

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:09:36

At 6/2/09 10:58 PM, Rig wrote: I don't have a credit card :C

Bah forget it then, we shall stay in line...

Fucking credit-less peons >:(

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:10:44

At 6/2/09 10:58 PM, Rig wrote:
Triple post, yaaaay!

Yeah I've seen that, those swindlers aren't going to get my $0.70!!!

That's a "Frais de service" (service fee?) for printing it yourself (lolwut?). You're sparing them to print it, plus you're sparing them to pay an employee to sell you the ticket.

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:18:45

At 6/2/09 10:58 PM, Rig wrote:
Triple post, yaaaay!

It works about the same as if you paid for a ticket at the park itself, but the difference is that you don't have to wait in line. Fine with me, but the website gave me a scare when it decided to give me an error message when I was trying to print the ticket. Thankfully it worked after some continued trying, and much swearing at the computer and telling it that it was adopted. No error message is going to stop me getting the tickets to La Ronde that I paid for! >:(

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:22:56

At 6/2/09 11:18 PM, 36Holla wrote: It works about the same as if you paid for a ticket at the park itself, but the difference is that you don't have to wait in line.

Well, unless we split into 2 separate groups right at the gate, we will still have to wait for those who can't buy their tickets online. Thought it could've worked, but I guess it failed miserably...

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:31:59

I dont mind waiting in line, ill be nursing a hangover. hopefully nobody will sit behind me on rollercoasters.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:40:11

At 6/2/09 09:23 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Uuuh... as much as I love Quebec, die-hard separatists really do get on my nerves, so if they come to us, I might be tempted to punch them in the face.

please, don't punch me in the face.... LOL

also, i dont have credits, so i think i'll wait in the lines of ULTIMATE DEATH!!! LOL again...

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:41:18

At 6/2/09 11:31 PM, Luis wrote: I dont mind waiting in line, ill be nursing a hangover. hopefully nobody will sit behind me on rollercoasters.

Spewer 2.0

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-02 23:54:05

At 6/2/09 11:48 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Fuck your shit I'm not going to buy tickets online and only rollercoaster ill do is poutine and la momie.

I hate laronde with passion lol

Guess we'll see you on Friday night then :P

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-03 01:00:17

At 6/2/09 11:22 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 6/2/09 11:18 PM, 36Holla wrote: It works about the same as if you paid for a ticket at the park itself, but the difference is that you don't have to wait in line.
Well, unless we split into 2 separate groups right at the gate, we will still have to wait for those who can't buy their tickets online. Thought it could've worked, but I guess it failed miserably...

Actually I don't mind waiting with you guys at all. It'll be good for the group mentality, and if I was the only one who bought online, then I don't have to wait by myself in the gates looking like a schmuck.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Zim Zwam Montreal Meet 09 2009-06-03 01:08:07

so how far away is the meet up location from London's main airport because im going to be stopped there waiting for a flight for 5 hours to denmark right on the day of the meet :3.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature