Be a Supporter!

The FarCry Crew

  • 1,489 Views
  • 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 16:23:46 Reply

Okay I did some searching on the NG Forums for a Farcry Crew, but I got no results and with the new game coming out the 21st i thought I would take the liberty of uniting all the Farcry fans on NG!

The rules are simple:
1. Follow ALL of the NG BBS rules!
2. Keep the topic on the Farcry series; getting off topic will result in being removed from the club roster!
3. NO TROLLING ALLOWED! TROLLS SHOULD STAY UNDER THEIR BRIDGE!
4. Try to keep outside affairs as outside affairs. Just because one guy flamed you in another thread, doesn't mean you should flame him here!
5. Have fun!

Now as for joining:
1. You must own at least one Farcry game or planning to get one.
2. You MUST post regularly in order to stay a member!
3. If you have a history of bad behavior, please go somewhere else.
4. You MUST post applications in this format:

Would you like to join this club?:
What Farcry game(s) do you own?:
What system(s) do you own?:
(Optional)What is your Gamertag(s)?:
What is your favorite Farcry Game?:

So when posting an application it should look like this:

Would you like to join this club?: Yes
What Farcry game(s) do you own?: Farcry Instincts
What system(s) do you own?: Xbox 360
(Optional)What is your Gamertag(s)?: AkA Viral
What is your favorite Farcry Game?: Instincts

See? Wasn't that easy? Just post your application like this and you're instantly a member!

Now for what we will discuss in this club:
1. The games of course :P
2. Upcoming games
3. Easter eggs/ Glitches
4. Multiplayer tournaments & clans
5. NOT the story! (People usually don't want their games spoiled for them!)

Alright, now with all that crap out of the way, let's talk about some Farcry!


BBS Signature
Marsupial
Marsupial
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 17:02:58 Reply

I bought farcry from amazon recently but my graphics card doesnt work well with the game, the ground is all white on some levels and its hard to navigate.

Its a great game though. Ive played it many times before.


cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.
{+}dA{-}LASTFM
paypal

BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 17:06:57 Reply

At 10/13/08 05:02 PM, Marsupial wrote: I bought farcry from amazon recently but my graphics card doesnt work well with the game, the ground is all white on some levels and its hard to navigate.

Its a great game though. Ive played it many times before.

Yea, my comp sucks too. Thats why I got it for the Xbox :|
Also, remember if you want to join to post in the format provided. Want to try to keep every thing organized when I make a member list.


BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 17:24:37 Reply

only instincts?

Poor choice, poor choice. It's not that it was bad, per se. It's just that it was .................. boring.

I have Far Cry on PC which is obv my favourite because it's the best.


BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 17:39:24 Reply

At 10/13/08 05:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: only instincts?

Poor choice, poor choice. It's not that it was bad, per se. It's just that it was .................. boring.

I have Far Cry on PC which is obv my favourite because it's the best.

I played the orginal but I got Instincts because it was newer :/
The editor was a nice edition, but not exactly the easiest to use :|


BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 18:12:10 Reply

On the contrary, I thought the editor was amazingly easy to use. If you've ever used an editor like Source SDK or the Unreal editor, you'd see that it was amazingly accessible. The jump-in-and-play feature was a great touch, and really made it shine. Me and a friend sat down and made a shit (but fully functioning) little single player storm-the-base scenario in an afternoon.

Also, forgot to mention, I have an xbox 360, and am planning on getting Far Cry 2 this autumn (although probably for PC). It got 94% in PC Gamer UK!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform s/xbox360/farcry2?q=far%20cry%202
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform s/ps3/farcry2?q=far%20cry%202
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform s/pc/farcry2?q=far%20cry%202


BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 18:15:03 Reply

At 10/13/08 06:12 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: On the contrary, I thought the editor was amazingly easy to use. If you've ever used an editor like Source SDK or the Unreal editor, you'd see that it was amazingly accessible. The jump-in-and-play feature was a great touch, and really made it shine. Me and a friend sat down and made a shit (but fully functioning) little single player storm-the-base scenario in an afternoon.

Also, forgot to mention, I have an xbox 360, and am planning on getting Far Cry 2 this autumn (although probably for PC). It got 94% in PC Gamer UK!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform s/xbox360/farcry2?q=far%20cry%202
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform s/ps3/farcry2?q=far%20cry%202
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform s/pc/farcry2?q=far%20cry%202

Yea, Farcry 2 looks amazing. I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop for the 360, just so I can get the extra missions :D
Well that and because my PC sucks ass :(


BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 18:23:41 Reply

I would get it on 360, because all my buddies from the 360 crew will get it on 360, but it's 15 quid cheaper on PC....


BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 18:25:54 Reply

At 10/13/08 06:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I would get it on 360, because all my buddies from the 360 crew will get it on 360, but it's 15 quid cheaper on PC....

Yea, and the PC versions of games usually get more support as well :|


BBS Signature
Aksumka
Aksumka
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 19:45:11 Reply

At 10/13/08 06:25 PM, RocketBean wrote:
At 10/13/08 06:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I would get it on 360, because all my buddies from the 360 crew will get it on 360, but it's 15 quid cheaper on PC....
Yea, and the PC versions of games usually get more support as well :|

It is also going to be out over Steam, so updates will be painless!

I really hope FC2 will live up to the hype. I'm still disappointing with Crysis...
If they didn't cut so many things out, it would have been an awesome game; not the average game that it is now.


|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||
NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-13 22:41:17 Reply

At 10/13/08 07:45 PM, Aksumka wrote:
At 10/13/08 06:25 PM, RocketBean wrote:
At 10/13/08 06:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I would get it on 360, because all my buddies from the 360 crew will get it on 360, but it's 15 quid cheaper on PC....
Yea, and the PC versions of games usually get more support as well :|
It is also going to be out over Steam, so updates will be painless!

I really hope FC2 will live up to the hype. I'm still disappointing with Crysis...
If they didn't cut so many things out, it would have been an awesome game; not the average game that it is now.

God help me if this game sucks. I will find each person involved in this project and kill them. This is one of the few games I have been DYING to get, so it better live up to my expectations!


BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-18 13:38:31 Reply

Here are some cool FarCry videos I stumbled upon during my search

FarCry 2 Pax Interview
Map Editor Interview

FarCry 2 Map Editor LGC


BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-18 14:21:05 Reply

At 10/18/08 01:38 PM, RocketBean wrote: Here are some cool FarCry videos I stumbled upon during my search
Map Editor Interview

I watching the map editor one, it looks great! easy to access and everything I cant wiat to start using it. one thing that I didnt hear in the video is if you will be able to contruct single-player maps with A.I controlled units?

Would you like to join this club?: Yes
What Farcry game(s) do you own?: The first one.
What system(s) do you own?: PC, Wii, xbox, ps2.
(Optional)What is your Gamertag(s)?: Steam ID: [HA]SgtKilmor
What is your favorite Farcry Game?: the only one I know :)

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-18 22:51:21 Reply

At 10/18/08 02:21 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 10/18/08 01:38 PM, RocketBean wrote: Here are some cool FarCry videos I stumbled upon during my search
Map Editor Interview
I watching the map editor one, it looks great! easy to access and everything I cant wiat to start using it. one thing that I didnt hear in the video is if you will be able to contruct single-player maps with A.I controlled units?

I don't know if you could make single player maps, but that is an awesome thought. If it were possible I would try to make entire campaigns :P

Anyway, what do you guys have planned for the map editor?
I had a thought of reconstructing one of my failed ideas from halo. It's basically a small village bisected by two rivers that criss cross with a big factory at the point of intersection. The factory has four water wheels and multiple floors.


BBS Signature
Aksumka
Aksumka
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-22 00:38:07 Reply

Well, just a few more hours until Steam lets me start downloading! Then just a few days until I can play!

I found a link to a funny video.

god help me if i ever make a post with a "funny video" again...

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||
NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-10-23 19:29:46 Reply

OMFG....
I creamed my pants when I started using the map editor. IT'S FUCKING AMAZING!
I made like 12 maps already with my friends and i am planning on making MOAR!!!!!


BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-07 23:15:51 Reply

Sorry for the double post but this thread is starting to die.
Any way, I was browsing around the maps section and I stumbled upon Don't break the Ice, Renavista, and D-Day. These maps are AMAZING, and for those who haven't tried them out yet you are really missing out. Also if you search my Gamertag (AkA Viral) you will find my Sand Storm XT map. Its a really fun, small 4v4 map available for all gametypes :D
Soooo.... Anyone one else see any good maps?


BBS Signature
PickledOnionMuffin
PickledOnionMuffin
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-08 08:06:53 Reply

got fc2 on my pc
specs: 4gb DDR2 XMS2 RAM, Intel E8600 OC Duo, ATI Radeon 4850

fabulous game... but it could of been so much better
fix guard respawns, another few fixes here and there, perhaps more bus stations, and it could of been a GOTY contender


Sig made by BBM in 2003

BBS Signature
mooguy
mooguy
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Filmmaker
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-08 09:59:16 Reply

At 10/13/08 06:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I would get it on 360, because all my buddies from the 360 crew will get it on 360, but it's 15 quid cheaper on PC....

If you ever had a chance to get it for PC, do so. It's a lot eaiser to aim, mods can truely make the game, and well it's cheaper. Win-win.

I just got Far Cry 2 for 360 and it's awesome. But I downloaded the original for $10 which seems like a good deal only, when I play the game, it won't react to my mouse. The menu screen will but I can't look around. Any help? Anyone?


America. Ghettos. Walmart. NFL. Internet. Slavery. Starbucks. Disney World. Porno. Fake tits. Sushi. Taco Bell. Rodeo. Christmas. Pop-Eye. Books. Sportsmanship. Fuck yeah.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-08 11:11:49 Reply

have you patched it, mooguy?


BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-08 11:50:47 Reply

At 11/8/08 08:06 AM, PickledOnionMuffin wrote: got fc2 on my pc
specs: 4gb DDR2 XMS2 RAM, Intel E8600 OC Duo, ATI Radeon 4850

fabulous game... but it could of been so much better
fix guard respawns, another few fixes here and there, perhaps more bus stations, and it could of been a GOTY contender

FarCry 2 is very fun but.... Its really only an average shooter. The only things that stand out in multiplayer are the healing system (Which I feel takes a bit too long) and the fire effects. Everything else doesn't really stand out. Great game but I am a bit disappointed. If it wasn't for the story and map editor I would have sold the game.


BBS Signature
mooguy
mooguy
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Filmmaker
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-09 09:21:07 Reply

At 11/8/08 11:11 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: have you patched it, mooguy?

Yeah, it's like 4.013 or something.

FarCry 2= average shooter.

The thing that didn't stand out to you was that it's one of the only FPS's that's freeroaming? It could have been a lot better, for sure. But hopefully they'll give it an expansion or something. And the story's good? Pffft.


America. Ghettos. Walmart. NFL. Internet. Slavery. Starbucks. Disney World. Porno. Fake tits. Sushi. Taco Bell. Rodeo. Christmas. Pop-Eye. Books. Sportsmanship. Fuck yeah.

BBS Signature
mooguy
mooguy
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Filmmaker
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-09 19:01:23 Reply

At 11/9/08 09:21 AM, mooguy wrote:
At 11/8/08 11:11 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: have you patched it, mooguy?
The thing that didn't stand out to you was that it's one of the only FPS's that's freeroaming? It could have been a lot better, for sure. But hopefully they'll give it an expansion or something. And the story's good? Pffft.

I kind of forgot about Google there. I just had to set all the settings to default. Talk about a patch gowd. Anyway, having a great time with it and even though it was made it '04 the graphics are great. I'm auctually having more fun with this than I am with FC2. Maybe it's just the PC controlls, idk.

And in both games, the acting is terrible in a hilarious way. All of the baddies in the 1st are saying "Eat my ass!" or somthing.

America. Ghettos. Walmart. NFL. Internet. Slavery. Starbucks. Disney World. Porno. Fake tits. Sushi. Taco Bell. Rodeo. Christmas. Pop-Eye. Books. Sportsmanship. Fuck yeah.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-09 19:18:13 Reply

I'm loving FC2, currently around 50% through the game, I'm going to try and get all the diamonds and do all the side missions before starting the southern main missions.


BBS Signature
RocketBean
RocketBean
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The FarCry Crew 2008-11-09 19:26:11 Reply

At 11/9/08 07:18 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I'm loving FC2, currently around 50% through the game, I'm going to try and get all the diamonds and do all the side missions before starting the southern main missions.

Oh yea, diamond collecting is very fun :D
its SO satisfying after collecting a diamond :D


BBS Signature