00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChiliChapters just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Aura Collabb [evil Base]

12,433 Views | 228 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-18 22:27:48

At 10/18/08 08:22 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:
At 10/18/08 07:49 PM, jrhager84 wrote: SinJim has the latest idea.........it's in his post. Download that one...
Yeah I downloaded that one and added onto it.
It's louder though and I tried my best to make the guitar quieter.
I have it as a cool edit multi-track session file (.ses)
I forgot how put them together and make it a .wav file
- Merrick

You have to bounce it down to a .wav... It should be under an "export" option or something... I still have no idea who's gonna mix this thang either....

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 01:44:46

At 10/18/08 10:27 PM, jrhager84 wrote:
You have to bounce it down to a .wav... It should be under an "export" option or something...

I'll check it out, but I'm not sure if it will be there.

I still have no idea who's gonna mix this thang either....

I was thinking Sin should because he's the collab leader.

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 12:31:08

Okay guys, here's who we have in the collab:

SinJim
jrhager84
Pure Metal
Kravening

I'm assuming krav's back in, but you gotta speak up if you want in on some parts. If we don't hear from you in a couple days, we're going on without you. Check what we have so far, if you haven't already, and give us some input.

Alright, for mixing, I can do but I think it will come down to who has the most time when we're finished with all the parts. We should most likely wait until we finishing writing and decide then who's to mix. Sound fair?

This is coming along nicely. Can anybody here do vocals? It'd be kick ass to have some metal style (done well :D) or even some straight up creepy choir type vocals in there. It's just an idea; I thought I'd throw it out there. If not that's fine too.

~Andrew

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 15:22:31

il do the melodys oke im gonna send some again in a few days if its needed send me a pm if i most send them

New song Below Dubstep tune click signature below

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 17:46:07

We also need to lengthen it. Is anybody doing that?

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 19:16:43

Here's how I think it should go:

Shorten the intro (Reduce one round through) and keep it the same (or add some sweet guitar riffs)
Go into the main (chorus?) part of the song - ie heavy beats/orchestra that we already have
Small breakdown
Back into chorus w/ some real heavy guitar riffs
Small outro

If we can make that work, I think it may come out to about 2:00. For the breakdown, I think we need some eerie ambience in there with maybe guitar or piano w/ fx (clean w/ flanger/echo maybe?) and some choirs or something. Then back into the chorus again with some ridiculous guitar. What do you guys think?

One thing, it's going to take a bit to pick out the best place to put all these instruments. Whoever's mixing will have to put a large chunk of time into carving a space for each instrument. That's going to be a fun challenge haha. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess.

Also, for those of you who haven't yet added your part, the bpm is 150 and it's in A minor, harmonic. That'll save you a half hour of legwork heh.

Anyone up for chatting tonight about ideas?

~Andrew

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 21:32:56

guys i might be able to offer some help, ive got accsess to reason 3 and cubase at my college.

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 22:09:53

So, what are we doing? We need to get going!

-Joel

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 22:16:39

At 10/19/08 07:16 PM, SinJim wrote: Shorten the intro (Reduce one round through) and keep it the same (or add some sweet guitar riffs)
Go into the main (chorus?) part of the song - ie heavy beats/orchestra that we already have
Small breakdown
Back into chorus w/ some real heavy guitar riffs
Small outro

I like that Idea

guitar or piano w/ fx (clean w/ flanger/echo maybe?)

I can do flanger and echo with guitar, just tell me how much of each you want.

What do you guys think?

I like the sounds of it, although when I did my rendition of it, I put in some guitar solos.

One thing, it's going to take a bit to pick out the best place to put all these instruments.

I personally think that the guitar would fit in throughout the entire song with riffs or solos.

Also, for those of you who haven't yet added your part, the bpm is 150 and it's in A minor, harmonic. That'll save you a half hour of legwork heh.

Is the beginning also 150 bpm?

Anyone up for chatting tonight about ideas?

Can't tonight if you guys PM me asking about ideas I'll offer some input.

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 22:28:06

At 10/19/08 10:16 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:

I'll leave that up to your tastes. Or if you want to fool around with a clean part I can add echo and flanger after the fact. It's really up to you.

What do you guys think?
I like the sounds of it, although when I did my rendition of it, I put in some guitar solos.

Awesome, can you upload it so we can hear? If you've already uploaded, post up the link.

One thing, it's going to take a bit to pick out the best place to put all these instruments.
I personally think that the guitar would fit in throughout the entire song with riffs or solos.

I agree with you. I meant in terms of mixing, we have a lot parts so it will take awhile to find a place in the stereo field for everything

Technically yes, but it's slow, so it feels like half the speed. I'm sure if you played anything over that, it would sound good, as long as when you play it back it "fits."

Joel, I think we need to hear Metal's addition before we try anything else. Merrick, you may have to adjust some things as we progress; the structure/arrangement is going to be a bit more fine-tuned.

Mega, I'd suggest looking down page 3 (or 2, I can't remember) to download what we have so far. Give us some opinions and also some suggestions on what you'd add and think should be changed. Also, what styles are you going to be contributing? List them up for us so we can fit something in. You're honestly going to have to read through most of the pages here to get an idea of what we're going for. Anyways, get back at us with all that stuff!

~Andrew

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 22:31:28

At 10/19/08 10:28 PM, SinJim wrote:
At 10/19/08 10:16 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:
I'll leave that up to your tastes. Or if you want to fool around with a clean part I can add echo and flanger after the fact. It's really up to you.

I was thinking of putting in clean guitar at the beginning

What do you guys think?
Awesome, can you upload it so we can hear? If you've already uploaded, post up the link.

Once I fix it up and remember how to convert the session file to .wav to convert it to .mp3 I will.

Technically yes, but it's slow, so it feels like half the speed. I'm sure if you played anything over that, it would sound good, as long as when you play it back it "fits."

This means I'll have to fix what I have, It's not late yet here, I'll try and get as much as I can done.

Merrick, you may have to adjust some things as we progress; the structure/arrangement is going to be a bit more fine-tuned.

I can do that.

- Merrick

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 22:32:44

Oh yeah I forgot to bring up an issue
The puppies chewed up my internet chord. I'm on my brother's computer right now. What I'm going to try and do is work on the song, try and put it onto a CD, bring it to my brother's computer and post it.

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 22:38:30

I'm gonna get to fixing my part of the collab, so that means I won't be on for a bit because I have no internet...

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 22:48:14

Definitely. What I meant was:

Up until this point we've just been adding to my part. I meant we need to add something new to it as well. As long as it gets done, I'm all gravy... I can't wait to hear the guitar part. He could add some really cool stuff in the intro so we wouldn't have to cut it down, it'd just be his little intro solo thingy. I could also keep the drums going, so we can add various elements but keep a grounded feel.....Either way, sounds good to me.

-Joel

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:05:29

Hmmm, well once we get out of the intro, we have 4 sets of the 8-bar section. At the end of this, that leaves about 29secs before the 2 minute mark. This leaves about 2 more sets of 8-bar sections with a buffer of about 3 and a half secs for a small outro.

If we wanna keep going with this all the way up to the end, I'd suggest we have the drums keep going and drop the synths and bells and have a sick breakdown for the first set and go full force with everything for the last set.

If we want a breakdown/downtempo part that's really eerie in the middle, we're going to have to cut about 2 sections of what we already have. This means moving the piano and bells up to entering on the second set or even right off the bat on the first set.

Which one (or variation of one) would you guys prefer? I think I'd be going for a shorter intro to give us more space for a downtempo section in the middle. Give the song a lot more ups and downs. That's just my opinion.

We also have to consider krav's melody as well. When he gets that in, we're going to have to find a spot for it.

~Andrew

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:25:19

Remember though, that making a downtempo part would cut the "flow" in half, because it'd be twice as long (in theory). So in order to get X amount of downtempo, we'd have to cut 2(X) worth of uptempo... Pure gets to shine in the intro, and we'll have badass riffs going on throughout the piece. If we're going for pace, we should keep the tempo, and elaborate on the addition and subtraction of various elements to break up the monotony and stereo field. Just a thought.

-Joel

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:27:46

At 10/19/08 11:05 PM, SinJim wrote: Hmmm, well once we get out of the intro, we have 4 sets of the 8-bar section. At the end of this, that leaves about 29secs before the 2 minute mark. This leaves about 2 more sets of 8-bar sections with a buffer of about 3 and a half secs for a small outro.

Well if you consider your variation of it. Even with the long intro, there's a good 18 seconds for the outro. We could do a fade out near the end to give it a good touch in case there isn't a good finish.

If we wanna keep going with this all the way up to the end, I'd suggest we have the drums keep going and drop the synths and bells and have a sick breakdown for the first set and go full force with everything for the last set.

The synths and bells help with the riffs I put up.

If we want a breakdown/downtempo part that's really eerie in the middle, we're going to have to cut about 2 sections of what we already have. This means moving the piano and bells up to entering on the second set or even right off the bat on the first set.

I saw forget the eerie part. It sounds fine as it is. We just need to add more melody

Which one (or variation of one) would you guys prefer? I think I'd be going for a shorter intro to give us more space for a downtempo section in the middle. Give the song a lot more ups and downs. That's just my opinion.

I like it just the way it is.

We also have to consider krav's melody as well. When he gets that in, we're going to have to find a spot for it.

As I said before, any part could use more melody, especially at the intro
- Merrick

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:33:16

At 10/19/08 11:25 PM, jrhager84 wrote: Remember though, that making a downtempo part would cut the "flow" in half, because it'd be twice as long (in theory). So in order to get X amount of downtempo, we'd have to cut 2(X) worth of uptempo...

I prefer the current beat we have, I'm with jr, I'm not good with a downbeat.

Pure gets to shine in the intro,

So do you want a solo at the intro? right now I have a simple riff with flanger and echo.
I could change that to a solo WITH flanger and echo
But now there's a question...
What KIND of flanger do you want? A wah-wah type flanger, something like a Hell's chorus flanger, or a fast type of flanger?

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:39:13

Sweetness, that works for me.

Hmm, keep it as is for now. I wanna hear what you've got now, Merrick. I agree with you guys on the format, no downtempo, part we'll just play with subtleties when we have everything together.

Do you guys think some violin trills in the beginning might help? I'll just wait til Merrick uploads w/ the guitars haha.

~Andrew

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:41:35

At 10/19/08 11:39 PM, SinJim wrote: Do you guys think some violin trills in the beginning might help? I'll just wait til Merrick uploads w/ the guitars haha.

I'm almost done, just gotta fix up the rythem (volume and everything) and i gotta find a flash drive (shouldn't be too hard to find) and it'll be on within a half hour to an hour.
- Merrick

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:46:24

Alright i got bad news. I won't be able to upload the song tonight, my brother's heading off to bed soon.
Here it's 9:43 PM
Tomorrow at around 4:00 PM my time, I will upload the song, because by then I'll have everything done and ready.
I do need to know two things before my brother gets ready for bed:
1) Do you want a solo at the intro or a simple riff?
2) What kind of flanger do you want? Wah-wah, Hell's chorus (kind of eerie type sound), or Martian (kind of fast wah wah)?

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-19 23:54:35

Well technically it would be a "concerto", because you'd have accompaniment, but I meant "solo" in the context that you would be heard prominently. Like I said I can keep the drums and bass saw going, and we can work the subtle magic around for variation. Can't wait to hear what you've got.

-Joel

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-20 00:03:58

I'd push for the Hell's chorus. Either way, can't wait to hear it, talk to you all tomorrow.

~Andrew

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-20 15:09:57

Alright I have my rendition in the portal.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 81014

If you need me to touch it up (because it's very rough) just ask.
And if you need the .wav files for the guitars, PM me and give me your email and I'll send them to you.

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-20 16:22:08

mind if i do a filler? 150bpm A minor right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-20 20:39:04

Im up for some amazingly bad ass lead metal riffs

I hate your fish!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-21 13:22:10

Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. If you want to add anything, that's fine, check out what we have so far here:

Evil Project

Then give us some suggestions of what you'd be willing to do. As previously mentioned, 150bpm, A minor harmonic. Give things an eerie feel but tell us what you're going to beforehand.

Thanks guys!

~Andrew

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-21 18:12:17

Alright here's the next variation with better solos and better rythem.
Evil Auras FTW!!!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 81271
Again if you need anything more from me just ask.

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-21 22:33:26

Hopefully when the final mix is done, the guitars will sound much better.

Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-22 14:15:50

I'm going to do one more rendition.
I'll be taking out the rythem guitars and potentially taking out the solo after the intro, I'll need your guys' input on that.
I had an idea for the outro. Take the part AFTER the part AFTER the intro Where it goes:
g:---10-------10------- And so on
d:------7-9-7----7-9-7
And place that in the outro and Put in a piano AND guitar solo in there.