• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 07:16:37 Reply

if its okay i want to join heres my email/msn
k.ravening@live.nl
if its okay can i do the melodic part im really good with that
il upload some melodies if needed joel just email me so i know ur adress and i can send u some midi's

or pm me with ur email thnx
greetings krave

At 10/11/08 11:07 PM, SinJim wrote: Gotta be evil aura to participate, as per rules of the collab. Here's what me and Joel came up with tonight:

130-150bpm
harmonic minor - room for key changes tho
Strings
Electronic drums
Snare - hypercompressed and remixed in with original sample
4-on-the-floor kick
Stereo panned Hi-hats
Square bass (with minor sine to add some oomph to the song)
Intro at double time (I think that's the right terminology - basically if the tempo is 150 bpm the intro feels like its' 75bpm)

Probably going to throw some trills in there with the strings

Anyways that's what we're going with so far, list some suggestions if you've got them; we need it to sound evil.

~SJ

New song Below Dubstep tune click signature below

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 10:55:55 Reply

il listen to the file :P

At 10/11/08 04:05 PM, SinJim wrote: That sounds good. Krav, if you wanna add on you check the zip fileI uploaded for Joel to get the feel. If we can meld everything in together it should sound pretty sweet. I can do the outro if needed, we just need to finish most of the song before we can construct a fitting outro.

~SJ

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 11:29:25 Reply

sorry for tripple posting
i think its a little hard for me to make an nice melody to this part :P it already sounds full :P

At 10/12/08 10:55 AM, kravening wrote: il listen to the file :P

At 10/11/08 04:05 PM, SinJim wrote: That sounds good. Krav, if you wanna add on you check the zip fileI uploaded for Joel to get the feel. If we can meld everything in together it should sound pretty sweet. I can do the outro if needed, we just need to finish most of the song before we can construct a fitting outro.

~SJ

BBS Signature
Hades
Hades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 11:58:32 Reply

I'm seriously proud of you guys. You've managed to push all the way to second page within a few days, and it seems that your progress is going quite well, too. Taking that until recently you didn't even have a discussion thread, it's really good to see this thread become so active, I can't wait to see what brutality you people will be able to pump out. Keep up the good work!

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 13:57:45 Reply

At 10/12/08 11:29 AM, kravening wrote: sorry for tripple posting
i think its a little hard for me to make an nice melody to this part :P it already sounds full :P

Hey man, there's always some room to add more people in, we just need to figure out who's going to do what. The song can also be changed; in fact, I think Joel and I are going to work on that one separately and start a completely new project for the collab. That's where all the stats I mentioned at the bottom of the first page come in.

Joel may have started up something; I had to hit the hay last night after him and I came up with a brief sketch. We don't have anything set in stone and to reiterate, that song's not the one we're going to be working on. Let us know if you want to add something into that mix. I think either Joel or I will be mixing the final product, depending on who has time, most likely. I'm excited to see what he came up with last night so I/we can build on that.

Don't be scared away by that file haha, we need some more input to make this sound really hardcore. Bring on the ideas!

~Andrew
(SJ)

kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 15:42:02 Reply

i had an idea on making an hardsyle song but then 2 say it rough il post some melodys on newgrounds of what i mean with an hard bassline and some really hard/evil:P (demon or sci fi vocals)
and some nice snare patterns/rolls in it and som fx kicks
and maybe an drum & bass thing for the intro and and for the outro i dont know maybe an evil laugh or something muahahahahah :P

hardstyle is 145-155 bpm
but any kind of genre is good if there can be an nice fast or not fast melody be added :P
for me the

the thing i will say im not so good with classic :P
unless i maked it myself from the beginning

greetings kravening ( i was scared of that file :P)

At 10/12/08 01:57 PM, SinJim wrote:
At 10/12/08 11:29 AM, kravening wrote: sorry for tripple posting
Hey man, there's always some room to add more people in, we just need to figure out who's going to do what. The song can also be changed; in fact, I think Joel and I are going to work on that one separately and start a completely new project for the collab. That's where all the stats I mentioned at the bottom of the first page come in.

Joel may have started up something; I had to hit the hay last night after him and I came up with a brief sketch. We don't have anything set in stone and to reiterate, that song's not the one we're going to be working on. Let us know if you want to add something into that mix. I think either Joel or I will be mixing the final product, depending on who has time, most likely. I'm excited to see what he came up with last night so I/we can build on that.

Don't be scared away by that file haha, we need some more input to make this sound really hardcore. Bring on the ideas!

~Andrew
(SJ)

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 15:59:15 Reply

I got an idea, but wasn't able to really capitalize on it. I'm definitely willing hear what everyone else has, cause I only have a slight buildup with a bass and a synth. So with that said, I don't have enough done to cry about losing if somebody has something better (or a better idea).

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 17:50:39 Reply

Well, I'm gonna be in and out of here the next few days. I've got two midterms and a huge project, so yea... I may have a bit of time during a break to try and throw something together, but I'll mainly be looking for some wickedly evil-sounding chord progressions.

I know that the IV - VII interval (ie - F to B) is evilish, I've been trying to think on how to capitalize and/or incorporate that. Any other ideas on chord progressions, I'd have to fool around for awhile to come up with a good one.

I think the setup we have going, for now, would be really sweet. Although we don't have to keep that, I think if we get a wicked chord progression going, those elements would kick ass. What do you guys think?

~Andrew

SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 18:10:32 Reply

Haha, I'm so awesome at doing homework...

Anyways, I was fooling around and came up with a little piano intro we might be able to use, if not it could be to just give you a feeling of the F to B interval. Anyways, it's in Am because that's easiest for me to play around with (key can be changed) and it's at 59 bpm (tempo can change as well). Let me know what you think.

Piano Intro (Evil)

Meh, back to studying.

~Andrew

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 18:20:12 Reply

one thing, theres nothing evil about 4/4. 32/4 now thats evil.

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 18:34:18 Reply

Wouldn't 32/4 be more sensibly written as 4/4? *shrug*

We could always work with something different. 5/4? Is there something more evil sounding? 7/16? something different?

~Andrew

PS - I just thought 4/4 may be easier to transition into hardstyle, especially at 150ish bpm.

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 18:36:20 Reply

At 10/12/08 06:34 PM, SinJim wrote: Wouldn't 32/4 be more sensibly written as 4/4? *shrug*

We could always work with something different. 5/4? Is there something more evil sounding? 7/16? something different?

~Andrew

PS - I just thought 4/4 may be easier to transition into hardstyle, especially at 150ish bpm.

32/4 would be 8/1........It's basically just REAAAAAAALLY LONG measures! lol 32 quarter notes to a measure....

4/4 is definitely gonna be the easiest to transition. I'm down for whatever though...

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 18:58:28 Reply

Yea, I figured as much, but I just thought with 8 whole notes, you might as well split them up into measures too. I dunno, I think an odd time signature might fit us. It would certainly make us stand out from the other auras (hoping that they aren't doing the same thing) and we're also probably the most natural for an odd one.

Meh, which way do you want to go with it?

~Andrew

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 19:18:59 Reply

Whatever works...

-Joel

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-12 20:55:51 Reply

I guess let's give it some time as to whether or not anyone else is interested in participating. If it's just you and me then we can do whatever; but if there's more people and more genres were trying mash, we need everyone's input.

So who's participating in this other than Joel and I?

~Andrew

kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 00:35:08 Reply

then i thin 4/4 is better 2 :P

At 10/12/08 06:34 PM, SinJim wrote: Wouldn't 32/4 be more sensibly written as 4/4? *shrug*

~Andrew

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 00:36:56 Reply

i want to join if its okay with u :P i had an nice melody but that one is used already then il just make another one :P

At 10/12/08 08:55 PM, SinJim wrote: I guess let's give it some time as to whether or not anyone else is interested in participating. If it's just you and me then we can do whatever; but if there's more people and more genres were trying mash, we need everyone's input.

So who's participating in this other than Joel and I?

~Andrew

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 01:19:10 Reply

Ok, so who's starting this bitch? We need to get something together, real quick like.

-Joel

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 09:51:49 Reply

joel if ur online il send u melodies maybe we can build on that :P

At 10/13/08 01:19 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Ok, so who's starting this bitch? We need to get something together, real quick like.

-Joel

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 11:15:07 Reply

http://rapidshare.com/files/153615452/co llab.rar.html

here are the melodys for the collab
im sorry guys im grounded for a few weeks
so here are the melos
theres one that i alrady use its an melody with 146 notes and it sounds like an spooky or chase them listen to my new song so u know what melody i mean :P

ps. il miss you all XD

At 10/13/08 09:51 AM, kravening wrote: joel if ur online il send u melodies maybe we can build on that :P

At 10/13/08 01:19 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Ok, so who's starting this bitch? We need to get something together, real quick like.

-Joel

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 11:17:15 Reply

ps sometimes i will look on my sis computer :P

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 12:41:45 Reply

............and now we're down a person again. *sigh*

-Joel

BBS Signature
loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 14:39:19 Reply

Who's HeadHunterZ?

SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 15:14:19 Reply

At 10/13/08 02:39 PM, loogiesquared wrote: Who's HeadHunterZ?

I am officially confused.

Joel I should be free to chat up some ideas with you tomorrow night (after about 9pm EST). I guess you and I, and anyone else who wants in, can brainstorm.

~Andrew

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-13 21:14:56 Reply

At 10/13/08 03:14 PM, SinJim wrote:

Joel I should be free to chat up some ideas with you tomorrow night (after about 9pm EST). I guess you and I, and anyone else who wants in, can brainstorm.

~Andrew

HeadHunterz is some person that kravening is a fan of.

He's also grounded for weeks, in case you didn't notice. Also, loogie is fab, so he can't participate.

-Joel

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-14 01:55:34 Reply

one of the biggest hardstyle dj ever :P

BBS Signature
kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-14 02:00:54 Reply

sometime i will look in this topic so dont worry maybe sometimes i can be on my own com :P
and send u some melodys im still in so dont worry maybe its even gonna be 1 week or 2 :P or more XD but i think 1 or 2 weeks :P
greetings kravening :P

ps. heres an link to an song of headhunterz :P

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7RSgL1LVhX U
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=FORTE_K3AA w&feature=related
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOKtkx-sv I

pss.. joel i hope u can do something with the melodys so not il send u some again and if its needed 3 flp files :P

At 10/13/08 09:14 PM, jrhager84 wrote:
At 10/13/08 03:14 PM, SinJim wrote:

~Andrew
HeadHunterz is some person that kravening is a fan of.

He's also grounded for weeks, in case you didn't notice. Also, loogie is fab, so he can't participate.

-Joel

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-14 02:41:20 Reply

Ok, here we go:

1st off, I don't use FL, so the files aren't gonna help me.

Also, I'm working on (what I believe is) a really sick intro/buildup that sounds wicked. I'll touch it up and whatnot, and upload a rough version tonight for you guys to judge. THEN we can work on the melodies and stuff (because of the weird stuff I'm doing you'll see why). Thanks dudes,

-Joel

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-14 03:55:43 Reply

Here's my rough, unmixed version of what I think sounds wicked/evil/pimpin/etc. It's still in the rough stages, but I think this has major potential. Let me know what you guys think,

-Joel

• Evil collab rough idea
    Evil collab rough idea by jrhager84

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-14 23:52:15 Reply

At 10/14/08 03:55 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Here's my rough, unmixed version of what I think sounds wicked/evil/pimpin/etc. It's still in the rough stages, but I think this has major potential. Let me know what you guys think,

-Joel
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 79457

That sounds pretty sweet, i'll try and work something into that tomorrow sometime.

~Andrew