New Topic Respond to this Topic
Hades
Hades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-08 18:07:16 Reply

This is the discussion thread for the Aura Collab meant for people with Evil Auras. Seriously, Evil people: get to work, the other groups have already started. (Not meaning to pressure you, of course). I'll post you the links to other discussion threads, too, just so you can get some ideas a bit faster. Good luck!

- General collab thread
- Neutral thread
- Fab thread
- Light thread
- Dark thread

BBS Signature
Hades
Hades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-09 13:57:02 Reply

Bump, for the sake of sanity. C'mon, people. I know there's a bunch of you Evil muthas lurking around and hesitating to join in and beat the shit out of Music's name. The Collab can't work without ALL of the Aura groups, and you guys are no exception.

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-09 14:10:07 Reply

alright guys what are we looking for here? I can do orchestral and amuse myself with trance/techno. What kind of mood? Evil? yes, but how so? Do we go for epic or subtle. Does anyone want to play off of Halloween coming up?

What do we want to do?

~SinJim

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-09 15:34:34 Reply

At 10/9/08 02:10 PM, SinJim wrote: alright guys what are we looking for here? I can do orchestral and amuse myself with trance/techno. What kind of mood? Evil? yes, but how so? Do we go for epic or subtle. Does anyone want to play off of Halloween coming up?

What do we want to do?

~SinJimm down for some evil goodness..... ;-)

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-09 15:37:11 Reply

Whoa, that post pwned me (stupid laptop)

I meant "I'm down for some evil goodness ;-)"

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Erectronik
Erectronik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 01:49:48 Reply

I've started a little something
http://drop.io/runeaxe
i hope we can add some manical screaming into it, like something along the lines of Cradle of Filth mwahaha, or maybe something musically similar to Sigh

SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 14:29:43 Reply

That's pretty sweet right there. Do you have any way to "clean" up the distortion or maybe make it a bit tighter at the beginning. Either way it's sick. Guitar playing is outstanding. I think some high register strings would kick ASS.

Would you mind zipping up the separate tracks as .wav files? I would love to mess around with this and add something. I love the feeling you've got going. Where did you want to take this and would you want to mix genres or stay the same for the whole song?

Also, what key is this in and what's the bpm? Do you think a heavy piano could fit in there? Maybe we could make the intro acoustic and then go into the sick riffs.

Just some thoughts. Nice job!

~SinJim

PS - Joel what do you think about it? What would you have in mind to add?

SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 14:38:09 Reply

I also started on something last night. I dunno if you guys would wanna go this way, but I think a crazy guitar part in there would do some justice. Also the vocals can be dropped if needed. Meh, let me know what you guys think, it's in Dm, 123 bpm.

~SinJim

SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 14:39:27 Reply

Annnnnnnnnnnnd, I forgot the link. Sorry for double (triple?) posting.

Here for Long

Also, Here for long is a tentative title, based of the lyrics.

Thanks!

~SJ

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 16:49:39 Reply

At 10/10/08 02:39 PM, SinJim wrote: Annnnnnnnnnnnd, I forgot the link. Sorry for double (triple?) posting.

Here for Long

Also, Here for long is a tentative title, based of the lyrics.

Thanks!

~SJ

Permission to add an absolutely evil breakdown, sir!

-Joel

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 18:02:34 Reply

Permission granted.

You want me to bounce all the tracks to .wav so you can mix them?

~SJ

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 18:32:46 Reply

At 10/10/08 06:02 PM, SinJim wrote: Permission granted.

You want me to bounce all the tracks to .wav so you can mix them?

~SJ

Yes, if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

I can add guitar too if that's what ya want. I was thinking something very glitchy/distorted for the breakdown, then back into a darker, harder version of what you already made. It looks like it's just us 3 if anything. No evil Rep to be seen!

-Joel

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 18:39:05 Reply

It's all good, I'll go ahead and bounce the tracks and upload em.

~SJ

SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-10 18:59:24 Reply

Jeebus - 82MB, just to warn you. I think to vocal sample is empty because you have to set it to no output for the vocoder in logic to work. If you get the vocals don't listen to them because it exemplifies just how terrible a singer I am. Hurray for electronics!

Here For Long.zip

Gimme that badass breakdown and slap a sweet guitar on there. These files may be pre-panned but we can always work that out later with whoever wants to mix it. Keep me posted on what you get. I'm excited to see how this turns out. Let me know if you need anything else, sorry it took so long to upload.

~SJ

kravening
kravening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 14:21:22 Reply

what do u guys think about the genre hardcore :P

New song Below Dubstep tune click signature below

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 14:25:02 Reply

I'm assuming you're talking Hardcore techno? If that's so then it could definitely work. I'll say that I'll have a hard time because I generally compose at a slower tempo - be it techno, classical, or trance. But I'm open to anything.

What ideas do you have?

~SJ

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 15:48:45 Reply

At 10/11/08 02:25 PM, SinJim wrote: I'm assuming you're talking Hardcore techno? If that's so then it could definitely work. I'll say that I'll have a hard time because I generally compose at a slower tempo - be it techno, classical, or trance. But I'm open to anything.

What ideas do you have?

~SJ

We need to get organized... Otherwise we'll end up making the same stuff, and can't use it all... So who's gonna do what?

Intro/Verse: SinJim
Breakdown: Jrhager84
Chorus: Kravening(?)
Outro: ???

-Joel

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 16:05:06 Reply

That sounds good. Krav, if you wanna add on you check the zip fileI uploaded for Joel to get the feel. If we can meld everything in together it should sound pretty sweet. I can do the outro if needed, we just need to finish most of the song before we can construct a fitting outro.

~SJ

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 16:26:17 Reply

At 10/11/08 04:05 PM, SinJim wrote: That sounds good. Krav, if you wanna add on you check the zip fileI uploaded for Joel to get the feel. If we can meld everything in together it should sound pretty sweet. I can do the outro if needed, we just need to finish most of the song before we can construct a fitting outro.

~SJ

Who's mixing this bad boy?

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 17:56:12 Reply

Hmm, I dunno. I have logic, and I'm okay at mixing, not the best but I could give it a shot. What programs are you guys (or maybe just you since there's a lack of enthusiasm here...) and how comfortable are you with mixing?

~SJ

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 19:55:16 Reply

At 10/11/08 05:56 PM, SinJim wrote: Hmm, I dunno. I have logic, and I'm okay at mixing, not the best but I could give it a shot. What programs are you guys (or maybe just you since there's a lack of enthusiasm here...) and how comfortable are you with mixing?

~SJ

I'm very comfortable mixing. For sequencing, I use Reason 4.0, and for mixing and some of the VSTi instruments, I use Cubase 4. I also have a UAD-1 card with some mastering plugs, as well as some other really cool ones. I think I could make it sound good. I think its just you and me buddy... I'm guessing you use FL to sequence... Check your PM, you'll have my s/n so we can communicate better, to catch up to everybody!

-Joel

BBS Signature
PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 20:46:33 Reply

I didn't even see this thread! Can I jump in this? I use Reason 3.0.

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 21:11:41 Reply

At 10/11/08 08:46 PM, ZENON wrote: I didn't even see this thread! Can I jump in this? I use Reason 3.0.

Absolutely! What do you want to do?

-Joel

BBS Signature
SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 21:24:03 Reply

Yea, jump in man. I use Logic 8 and so I can export to wav for mixing, it's up to you guys. I'm okay mixing for classical but yea, i dunno about generally speaking.

Lemme know.

~SJ

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 21:26:08 Reply

At 10/11/08 09:24 PM, SinJim wrote: Yea, jump in man. I use Logic 8 and so I can export to wav for mixing, it's up to you guys. I'm okay mixing for classical but yea, i dunno about generally speaking.

Lemme know.

~SJ

Yeah, the mix hit +6dB for me, so I had to turn it down. I think it sounds much clearer, and I'm going to try to use some of your samples to transition into mine... I still need to think about the breakdown, I want it to sound positively evil!

-Joel

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 21:29:50 Reply

Hey, jump on AIM jim, I'm on currently.

BBS Signature
TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 22:30:36 Reply

i might do something for this

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 22:50:28 Reply

Sweet. Add saturn8122 (SinJim) and o0o ddretard o0o (me) to AIM to get on board.

BBS Signature
EoD696
EoD696
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 22:58:48 Reply

I'd like to get in on this as well, I'm really good with outtros :) and I have a tendency to use heavy ass saws in my music, which blends great with distorted guitars. All I've got is FL Studio with a few VST's though, so you probably dont want me to do any mixing. I do have ProteusX though, some bad ass sounds with that, and I have a few freeware VST's designed to put out sounds like the NES MIDI driver, which have some serious potential when they're wet with effects.

SinJim
SinJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Aura Collabb [evil Base] 2008-10-11 23:07:00 Reply

Gotta be evil aura to participate, as per rules of the collab. Here's what me and Joel came up with tonight:

130-150bpm
harmonic minor - room for key changes tho
Strings
Electronic drums
Snare - hypercompressed and remixed in with original sample
4-on-the-floor kick
Stereo panned Hi-hats
Square bass (with minor sine to add some oomph to the song)
Intro at double time (I think that's the right terminology - basically if the tempo is 150 bpm the intro feels like its' 75bpm)

Probably going to throw some trills in there with the strings

Anyways that's what we're going with so far, list some suggestions if you've got them; we need it to sound evil.

~SJ