Be a Supporter!

more random drawings from dark

  • 19,980 Views
  • 368 Replies
New Topic
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 12:11 AM

hay sup guys
some more random shit from me
but this time im asking for ideas of drawings
what you guys think?

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
cmkinsac
cmkinsac
  • Member since: May. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 12:33 AM

firstly, wtf?
secondly, kinda like it.

need to work on your composition though, because as of now it is just a few images you drew sprawled across the screen.

Dei-Sama
Dei-Sama
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 12:34 AM

It is cute. I like it.


Always friendly - it is Dei
MSN: shinukotodei@hotmail.com

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 12:55 AM

At 10/8/08 12:34 AM, Dei-Sama wrote: It is cute. I like it.

thx :D


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
Ynek
Ynek
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 07:27 AM

The code in the bottom left didn't work.
I put it into my sega-megadrive, and it didn't end the world.

Anyway, crappy sega jokes aside...
Your work does have a certain character and style, but it's a bit too "Faddy" for my liking. Whilst most people seem to enjoy this particular art style, it's just not my kinda thing. I mean no offence by that. You've pulled off the style and atmosphere very well, and there is obvious skill involved in this piece, it's just that I can't say I'm a fan.

Keep at it, though. Milk the current trends for all they're worth. :)


Just imagine I wrote something witty and funny here....
Oh, and check out my artwork: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /802110

ScorpianX0
ScorpianX0
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 07:42 AM

I like it... but ( and this is probably just me ) there's something bothering me...

the character are nice ( awesome actually ) and the clouds and moon are good, but there's nothing else...

Idk.... I guess I'm saying you could've had more characters in the middle ground or something....

all I see is a foreground.... and a background... and text

but I'm a bad critic..... so I'm probably wrong.....

besides petty things like that, I really like it, nice job ;)


My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.
Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 02:24 PM

At 10/8/08 07:42 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote: I like it... but ( and this is probably just me ) there's something bothering me...

the character are nice ( awesome actually ) and the clouds and moon are good, but there's nothing else...

Idk.... I guess I'm saying you could've had more characters in the middle ground or something....

all I see is a foreground.... and a background... and text

but I'm a bad critic..... so I'm probably wrong.....
besides petty things like that, I really like it, nice job ;)

ya thanks for the comlpiment usaually i draw more colorful things but lately ive been drawing stuff like this so ya im kinda stuck :/

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 02:28 PM

At 10/8/08 07:27 AM, Ynek wrote: The code in the bottom left didn't work.
I put it into my sega-megadrive, and it didn't end the world.

Anyway, crappy sega jokes aside...
Your work does have a certain character and style, but it's a bit too "Faddy" for my liking. Whilst most people seem to enjoy this particular art style, it's just not my kinda thing. I mean no offence by that. You've pulled off the style and atmosphere very well, and there is obvious skill involved in this piece, it's just that I can't say I'm a fan.

Keep at it, though. Milk the current trends for all they're worth. :)

well i dont expect to wow people i in fact dont think i did very good in my drawings but hey people say their good so guess they are :D


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
ZachMM
ZachMM
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 07:46 PM

Meh it is ok. I guess I like it.

Hammi
Hammi
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:38 PM

At 10/8/08 08:33 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:31 PM, Hammi wrote: fff
???

oh im sorry, maybe i meant to say that i like the vector colors and that its an interesting concept

f

JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:43 PM

At 10/8/08 08:38 PM, Hammi wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:33 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:31 PM, Hammi wrote: fff
???
oh im sorry, maybe i meant to say that i like the vector colors and that its an interesting concept

f

from a man who has an obsession with digimon :D


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
Hammi
Hammi
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:49 PM

At 10/8/08 08:43 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:38 PM, Hammi wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:33 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:31 PM, Hammi wrote: fff
???
oh im sorry, maybe i meant to say that i like the vector colors and that its an interesting concept

f
from a man who has an obsession with digimon :D

YEAH GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BUSTER F

JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:51 PM

At 10/8/08 08:49 PM, Hammi wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:43 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:38 PM, Hammi wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:33 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:31 PM, Hammi wrote: fff
???
oh im sorry, maybe i meant to say that i like the vector colors and that its an interesting concept

f
from a man who has an obsession with digimon :D
YEAH GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BUSTER F

ha lol wow NO just trying to have fun im fuckin bored -_-
hay i dont even like my stuff but other people say its good so i post it
if you dont like than whatever that mkaes both of us :D


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
Hammi
Hammi
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:55 PM

At 10/8/08 08:51 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:49 PM, Hammi wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:43 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:38 PM, Hammi wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:33 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 10/8/08 08:31 PM, Hammi wrote: fff
???
oh im sorry, maybe i meant to say that i like the vector colors and that its an interesting concept

f
from a man who has an obsession with digimon :D
YEAH GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BUSTER F
ha lol wow NO just trying to have fun im fuckin bored -_-
hay i dont even like my stuff but other people say its good so i post it
if you dont like than whatever that mkaes both of us :D

I dont like my stuff either, but you should still post yours. I actually like what i see here and its definitely good

im just fuckin, loose right now sigh f

JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 08:58 PM

I dont like my stuff either, but you should still post yours. I actually like what i see here and its definitely good

im just fuckin, loose right now sigh f

lol no prob man
well heres some more shit

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 8th, 2008 @ 09:32 PM

not one of my favorites :I

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
SkySausage
SkySausage
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 03:39 AM

At 10/8/08 09:32 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: not one of my favorites :I

Birds look meh against that grey background... I'm betting they'll look good on a sky.


BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 01:23 PM

At 10/9/08 03:39 AM, SkySausage wrote:
At 10/8/08 09:32 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: not one of my favorites :I
Birds look meh against that grey background... I'm betting they'll look good on a sky.

yah ill draw another when im not lazy

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
Lemmiwinks91
Lemmiwinks91
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 01:33 PM

Its a bit random but on the first one i think it would look alot better if it was inverted and then all the blue was changed to red. You know, to give it that gore feel. But it all looks fine as it is. keep it up


BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 01:45 PM

At 10/9/08 01:33 PM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: Its a bit random but on the first one i think it would look alot better if it was inverted and then all the blue was changed to red. You know, to give it that gore feel. But it all looks fine as it is. keep it up

the first?.......it is bloody :/
i think you mean the mask's dude
well heres MOAR!

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 02:08 PM

At 10/9/08 01:45 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: the first?.......it is bloody :/
i think you mean the mask's dude
well heres MOAR!

I really like this one. It flows and the colors work well together.

As far as your first drawing goes, I think you need to stay away from text unless you drawn your own because it really takes away from the quality of the picture.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 02:12 PM

At 10/9/08 02:08 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
At 10/9/08 01:45 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: the first?.......it is bloody :/
i think you mean the mask's dude
well heres MOAR!
I really like this one. It flows and the colors work well together.

As far as your first drawing goes, I think you need to stay away from text unless you drawn your own because it really takes away from the quality of the picture.

yaaaa i kind fuked up *sigh*
illl probably add my own text and get back at it D:

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
Onizero
Onizero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 02:16 PM

Awesome


Swag.
Follow my tumblr

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 02:18 PM

At 10/9/08 02:12 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: yaaaa i kind fuked up *sigh*
illl probably add my own text and get back at it D:

Yeah, the text on this looks a lot better.

However, I think composition wise, the picture is a little awkward. I can't pinpoint exactly what would make it better. Maybe switch the signature and the "[in taxes]" part? Try experimenting with composition on a digital graphics program so it's easier to switch around the different parts.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 02:25 PM

Yeah, the text on this looks a lot better.

However, I think composition wise, the picture is a little awkward. I can't pinpoint exactly what would make it better. Maybe switch the signature and the "[in taxes]" part? Try experimenting with composition on a digital graphics program so it's easier to switch around the different parts.

oh gawd you have no idea how much i hate the [taxes] thing D:
grrr
im going to experiment more tho


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 02:27 PM

how bout zis?

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 02:48 PM

work in progress bt i dont know what to add
anyone got ideas?

more random drawings from dark


Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 05:06 PM

At 10/9/08 02:27 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: how bout zis?

I moved around the two bottom left pieces.

I think it looks a little more compositional, though I think it still needs something in the corner there.

more random drawings from dark


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 05:08 PM

At 10/9/08 05:06 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
At 10/9/08 02:27 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: how bout zis?
I moved around the two bottom left pieces.

I think it looks a little more compositional, though I think it still needs something in the corner there.

I forgot to mention that I'm not taking credit or anything for this, I did it just to show what I mean by composition.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Sode
Sode
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to more random drawings from dark Oct. 9th, 2008 @ 05:10 PM

you have a good sense of coloring, I like that. keep it up


your mom is on my "to do" list