00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Aura Collab [neutral Aura]

5,842 Views | 103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-05 20:25:07

This is the base for users with Neutral Aura. Part of The Aura Collab.
-General Collab Discussion

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-06 19:24:01

I'm neutral.... I'm not known at all on NG as i'm extremely new. I'd like to contribute to this.

I just posted for the latest MAC, check my sig to make sure i wouldn't be a burden on the group as a newbie.

BTW, nice to meet y'all.

Audio Surgery

I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-06 20:13:19

Well, as soon as we get some neutrals to post in here, we can get started.

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-06 20:21:33

You can have a collab with any amount of people. If there's only three of you, don't worry :)

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-06 20:28:00

3 person collab. That actually sounds Ideal to me. Lol.
So... What genre?

Im thinking just generic trance. not too extreme and not too "happy hardcore".
What do you think

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-06 20:29:31

Alright, so lets get started... the more time the better.

GROUP MEMBER SO FAR:

-RenoakRhythm
-Devorax
-Deflektor

Who will start: Not it.
What genre/genres: I'm for anything trancy.
Who has way (sequencer wise as well as programs wise): I have FL 8, if needed i can get any VST others are using
Who does what part: Not sure, decide on a genre first
How long are we going to make it: Not sure, decide on a genre first
How long is each persons part: Not sure, decide on a genre first.

Anyways, so I'll have an update on these questions as the discussion keeps rolling.

RR

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-06 20:44:50

At 10/6/08 08:29 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: Alright, so lets get started... the more time the better.

I suggest me to not be starter and main organizer.
I could be the "BOOM BOOM BOOM" bass guy.

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-07 00:05:25

I'm in. We nooters gotta stick together.
I'm happy to do whatever part you want, just tell me

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-07 03:56:38

Good to see you're getting organized, guys! Now all we need is some ambitious Evil people, and this collab will start to look decent. Hopefully. :P

Keep up the good work!

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-08 03:06:39

Any ideas for what kind/genre of song we should make? I mean, we're supposed to make something related to our aura, which is kinda awkward with neutral

Possibly ambiance? Or happy hardcore?

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-08 03:23:35

I think some very generic Techno would work. Something with generic synths, generic, melody etc. Like a basshunter song or something. My 2 cents.

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-09 19:19:28

At 10/8/08 03:06 AM, Gloudas wrote: Any ideas for what kind/genre of song we should make? I mean, we're supposed to make something related to our aura, which is kinda awkward with neutral

Possibly ambiance? Or happy hardcore?

I think we are doing some standard generic techno.

And also - I got my electronic drumset. So I can start whenever some one starts to organize it.

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-11 19:00:58

Alright, this isn't going anywhere so I'm going to ahead and take charge. At this point there are only 4 people involved, those being:

Devorax
Deflektor
RenoakRhythm
and myself

And we've pretty much agreed that we're going to do standard trance. Nothing hardcore or intense, just generic, maybe calming electronic stuff.
With 4 people each of us should make about a minute worth of stuff. I'm going to go ahead and make mine at 150 bpm, and preferably everybody makes their part at that tempo so it flows a little more easily. Going at that tempo each part will have 10 bars (or 40 measures), which lasts just a little over a minute.

I went ahead and made something as an example, which can be found:
HERE
If you guys like or dont like this, just post that here and that way we can get an idea of what kind of sound we're looking for. I just made it in a short amount of time as an example, so no worries if we don't want it included.
It's made at 150 bpm, and the 4 different chords are F minor, B flatmajor, E flat major, A flat major
Preferably, we would all use the same chords in our songs, but that might not happen.

Soooo, yeah, post your opinions here, say what you think of the tempo/chords/sound, make suggestions for collab as a whole, etc. I'd like to here from all 3 of you before we start really putting it together.
And it'd be great to have more guys, so any other neutrals out there, join up!!

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-11 19:48:36

Sorry for interfering with the neutrals but I'd advise against making a 4 minute song as we are hoping to get ONE final song from all the auras. You might end up getting big chunks of your song taken out.

Unless of course we eventually decide to have everything seperate, but that wouldn't be much of a collab anymore..

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-11 20:00:03

At 10/11/08 07:48 PM, HMS-Productions wrote: Sorry for interfering with the neutrals but I'd advise against making a 4 minute song as we are hoping to get ONE final song from all the auras. You might end up getting big chunks of your song taken out.

Unless of course we eventually decide to have everything seperate, but that wouldn't be much of a collab anymore..

Ah, didn't know it was working like that, i Thought it was a song from each base. Well in that case, how longish should our song be?

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-11 20:01:52

At 10/11/08 07:00 PM, Gloudas wrote: Alright, this isn't going anywhere so I'm going to ahead and take charge. At this point there are only 4 people involved, those being:

Devorax
Deflektor
RenoakRhythm
and myself

And we've pretty much agreed that we're going to do standard trance. Nothing hardcore or intense, just generic, maybe calming electronic stuff.
With 4 people each of us should make about a minute worth of stuff. I'm going to go ahead and make mine at 150 bpm, and preferably everybody makes their part at that tempo so it flows a little more easily. Going at that tempo each part will have 10 bars (or 40 measures), which lasts just a little over a minute.

I went ahead and made something as an example, which can be found:
HERE
If you guys like or dont like this, just post that here and that way we can get an idea of what kind of sound we're looking for. I just made it in a short amount of time as an example, so no worries if we don't want it included.
It's made at 150 bpm, and the 4 different chords are F minor, B flatmajor, E flat major, A flat major
Preferably, we would all use the same chords in our songs, but that might not happen.

Soooo, yeah, post your opinions here, say what you think of the tempo/chords/sound, make suggestions for collab as a whole, etc. I'd like to here from all 3 of you before we start really putting it together.
And it'd be great to have more guys, so any other neutrals out there, join up!!

Sup sup... I think you did a great job taking charge here. I've just been tinkering around with sounds and feels a stuff for this collab. Your demo song is great, and I like your idea of naming the chords so we can all follow that structure. Not to take away from your last submission as an idea, I also just posted a generic trance, techno song that is WIP for this collab. Its got a slighty harder edge. Um, I use FL studios 8 and i used Hypersonic and VCE (vengence club essential) sounds. its at 140 bpm... i haven't figured the chords yet, something like Gm, Dm, Fm, Cm.

I'm all for just working and adding to your one though. But if you like this that works too. Also I'd like to hear from others what software they are using and how we are going to mix this all together, etc.

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 02:14:26

At 10/11/08 08:01 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: Sup sup... I think you did a great job taking charge here. I've just been tinkering around with sounds and feels a stuff for this collab. Your demo song is great, and I like your idea of naming the chords so we can all follow that structure. Not to take away from your last submission as an idea, I also just posted a generic trance, techno song that is WIP for this collab. Its got a slighty harder edge. Um, I use FL studios 8 and i used Hypersonic and VCE (vengence club essential) sounds. its at 140 bpm... i haven't figured the chords yet, something like Gm, Dm, Fm, Cm.

I'm all for just working and adding to your one though. But if you like this that works too. Also I'd like to hear from others what software they are using and how we are going to mix this all together, etc.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 78806

Good stuff, I like the song. Personally I dont care which one we use, another neutral wanna step in and decide? And more importantly, how long are each of our songs going to be?

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 11:24:39

Well if no one else posts by tomorrow i think its just you and me. I think 4 minutes isn't bad, and the minute per person is fine. If its just me and you then we can maybe cut to about a 3 1/2 minute song. So I'm happy to wait till tomorrow to see if anyone else pipes up. Then i think me and you should just get to work.

To help me out,
What program are you using?
Are there any VST's that you'd only have that I'd need to get?

Like i said above I'm using FL 8, and extras that I use typically are the Hypersonic and VCE's.

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 12:03:15

At 10/12/08 11:45 AM, Deflektor wrote: Oi, i'm still there. But well, i've been been active lately. I've been busy with work and life. Now, I'm free for a while.

So, we're up for generic techno right ? Is there anything that has been decided for the bpm, and all that jazz ?

Awesome, we have 3 people. We haven't decided on anything yet. However we have two templates to work from. If you look through this thread we uploaded two little things to give us an idea and starting point. I think the BMP should be around 140 - 150. The song should be around 3 minutes plus. We were hoping you could chime in on what kinda of style you wanted to build from, from the two templates. Neither of us care.

For some reason I'm really feeling like i want to do the intro. So I'll stick my neck out for that. But since there is so few of us i guess i get intro + verse 1 i think.

So then we need someone to do the middle (Chorus + verse 2)
And End (Climax chorus + outro)

I would like to have conformity on the instruments we use,, cause i noticed on some of the other teams they are going to have really inconsistant sounds. I'm hoping we all use FL Studios. Cause then we can transfer synths and instruments.

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 14:27:16

At 10/12/08 12:03 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: For some reason I'm really feeling like i want to do the intro. So I'll stick my neck out for that. But since there is so few of us i guess i get intro + verse 1 i think.

If you read a few posts up, you'll see that all the different auras are putting together one song, which means that our part cant be 4 minutes long like I initially thought it would. Assuming its only 3 of us, maybe 30 or so seconds each?

And I use FL 7, but I dont think it really matters if we're using the same program/VST, each of us can just make our part and then one of us will combine the 3 (or possibly more) parts. So at this point we mostly just need to figure out for sure how long each of the parts will be, chords, and tempo. I just posted in the main thread asking how long our part should be, so as soon as we get an answer each of us can know how much time we have.

Personally, I'm fine with 140 bpm, and I'm fine using Renoak's song as an intro, but the chords you suggested sound cool, but aren't exactly neutral, they have a darkish sound. I think the chords should be more along the lines of the ones I suggested, simply because they're less minor and have less emotion tied to them, but it certainly doesn't have to be those specifically.
I'll take the middle section...?

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 15:01:50

At 10/12/08 02:27 PM, Gloudas wrote:
At 10/12/08 12:03 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: For some reason I'm really feeling like i want to do the intro. So I'll stick my neck out for that. But since there is so few of us i guess i get intro + verse 1 i think.

If you read a few posts up, you'll see that all the different auras are putting together one song, which means that our part cant be 4 minutes long like I initially thought it would. Assuming its only 3 of us, maybe 30 or so seconds each?

And I use FL 7, but I dont think it really matters if we're using the same program/VST, each of us can just make our part and then one of us will combine the 3 (or possibly more) parts. So at this point we mostly just need to figure out for sure how long each of the parts will be, chords, and tempo. I just posted in the main thread asking how long our part should be, so as soon as we get an answer each of us can know how much time we have.

Personally, I'm fine with 140 bpm, and I'm fine using Renoak's song as an intro, but the chords you suggested sound cool, but aren't exactly neutral, they have a darkish sound. I think the chords should be more along the lines of the ones I suggested, simply because they're less minor and have less emotion tied to them, but it certainly doesn't have to be those specifically.
I'll take the middle section...?

So only 30 seconds each, sounds good. 140bpm sounds good too, I've also noticed a couple other genres are using the same bpm - I don't know if that means anything or not. The chords are not neutral, you're right. Let me change the chords... i think i just changed all those chords to major

It is 140BPM, 4 patterns each at 16 Beats = 64 beats = 27 seconds or something.

G, D, F, C. - I think.

Tell me if the new intro is closer to what you're looking for.

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 15:24:31

I was also thinking guys that since we are "neutral". Right in between light and dark,
we could do a combination of the two.

Just a thought.

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 16:19:58

At 10/12/08 03:40 PM, Deflektor wrote: No, we should stick with neutral. Light and dark already have their respective auras. Besides, mixing dark and light would be tough, and give weird results.

Point taken.

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 19:37:29

At 10/12/08 03:01 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: So only 30 seconds each, sounds good. 140bpm sounds good too, I've also noticed a couple other genres are using the same bpm - I don't know if that means anything or not. The chords are not neutral, you're right. Let me change the chords... i think i just changed all those chords to major
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 78806
It is 140BPM, 4 patterns each at 16 Beats = 64 beats = 27 seconds or something.

G, D, F, C. - I think.

Tell me if the new intro is closer to what you're looking for.

Yeah, I like that. The chords sound good, they're a bit happy, but as neutral as we're gonna get, so I like em :D
So, everyone makes a 30 second piece at 140 bpm, about 16 measures, with G, D, F, C as chords. Sound good to everyone?

Assuming we're okay with that, start working on your piece! Renoak's got his done, I'll start working on mine, devorax and deflektor, you guys start too. Preferably we'll all make the first bar (4 measures) an intro, the 2nd and 3rd the main part, and the 4th bar an outro, that way it'll be easier to mash the parts together.
Renoak, you might have to be the one who compiles the different parts, seeing as you have the most recent version of FL. You cool with that?

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 21:57:44

Renoak, you might have to be the one who compiles the different parts, seeing as you have the most recent version of FL. You cool with that?

Ya I'll mesh them. If i end up with issues I'll ask for help. As well as we can redo it a million times until everyone is happy.

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-12 22:00:02

to lazy to change auras or what....

loooooollll....

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-13 03:15:08

At 10/12/08 10:00 PM, loogiesquared wrote: to lazy to change auras or what....

loooooollll....

Yes too lazy and too undecided and too noobish. Now leave me alone 1337.

J/k. So ya, i didn't even know I could choose an Aura, maybe I'll change it sometime in the future.

Later

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-13 12:57:17

At 10/13/08 10:54 AM, Deflektor wrote: Just a question. Do we have to put the chords G, D, F and C in that specific order

I would lean towards yes, and there is a lot of wiggle room to play around in a chord. BUT, changing the chords around doesn't hurt if you compose and transition right. Just play around with both and see what you get.

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-14 01:38:03

how things coming guys?

Audio Surgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab [neutral Aura] 2008-10-14 22:55:21

Hmm, I might like to join, but I'm not in a trancy mood, lol. Perhaps I could start or end the collab with a neutral ambience song? Combines elements of hope and sadness at the same time? Let me know, otherwise, I'll just work on my song.

BBS Signature