Support NATA 2014

Left4Dead Survivors

  • 35,852 Views
  • 1,041 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 11:53 AM Reply

Greetings and welcome.

This thread is about the new Valve game Left4Dead, wich is a zombie horror survival game.

The game will be released on November 19th.

Here are usefull links:

First the Official website.

And then the most usefull one the Left4Dead Blog wich will post updates and behind the scenes content about the game, similar to the TF2 blog for Team Fortress 2.

Right now there is a new post about a lego representation of the game with surprisingly gore lego shots.

So come in guys, respect the newgrounds rules and have fun.

ChickenReaper
ChickenReaper
  • Member since: May. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 12:37 PM Reply

You serious lego gore got any pictures


BBS Signature
supathomson
supathomson
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 01:05 PM Reply

This games will be awesome just due to the fact that u MUST work as a team or ur screwed!


Left 4 Dead. When this comes out gimme a call and al be there watching yo bitch ass!

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 12:37 PM, ChickenReaper wrote: You serious lego gore got any pictures

Well it's all in the link but here, have one.

Left4Dead Survivors

CH4ZM4N92
CH4ZM4N92
  • Member since: May. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 02:09 PM Reply

dude ive been wanting to play this since b4 George got out of the project

supathomson
supathomson
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 02:55 PM Reply

haha same just looks like the ultimate zombie game. wish there was a wider choice in enemys though


Left 4 Dead. When this comes out gimme a call and al be there watching yo bitch ass!

BBS Signature
Kadian
Kadian
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 02:55 PM, supathomson wrote: haha same just looks like the ultimate zombie game. wish there was a wider choice in enemys though

I was wishing for an 'unlimited' mode:
my idea is that you start off in the first room and pick up your weapons etc and all you have to do is survive, no objectives, nothing, just in a city where zombies are pouring out from everyone, if a team member dies, they are out and three are left etc. I just think it would be a good idea, teach people to conserve ammo, work better as a team.

Can't wait for this game.


BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 03:10 PM, Renkadian wrote:
I was wishing for an 'unlimited' mode:
my idea is that you start off in the first room and pick up your weapons etc and all you have to do is survive, no objectives, nothing, just in a city where zombies are pouring out from everyone, if a team member dies, they are out and three are left etc. I just think it would be a good idea, teach people to conserve ammo, work better as a team.

Can't wait for this game.

Interesting ideas, i think we should already start to work on strategies we could use later in the game, let's start by adding ourselves on our steam game list: Add VenomKing666

Now I tought of a line formation forcorridors.

The first member would be equipped with a shotgun to take out this undead scum. he would be the first in line, then another player with an automatic weapon in second place to cover him and help him to take out zombies. Then the 3rd member would look more on the sides and help front or back depending on the situation. Then the 4th member would look and take care of the back.

Kadian
Kadian
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 03:16 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: Interesting ideas, i think we should already start to work on strategies we could use later in the game, let's start by adding ourselves on our steam game list: Add VenomKing666

Ah daymn. Unfortunately I'm getting it for 360, not PC, reason being that me and a few of my mates (real life) are all getting it same day so I'll be playing on it with them. I'd love to get it for PC though, but buying the same game twice doesn't seem the most logical of ideas. ;p

Maybe I've I got £40 free from someone. ;p


BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 04:31 PM, Renkadian wrote:
Ah daymn. Unfortunately I'm getting it for 360, not PC, reason being that me and a few of my mates (real life) are all getting it same day so I'll be playing on it with them. I'd love to get it for PC though, but buying the same game twice doesn't seem the most logical of ideas. ;p

Looking at other games (TF2) I could say that PC versions always get a better support and always better stuff, you could try to convince your friends to get it on PC (not to mention FPS games play better on PC anyway). If somehow you still get it for the Xbawks know that you are still welcome here.

CH4ZM4N92
CH4ZM4N92
  • Member since: May. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 06:16 PM Reply

The only reason im gettin it for 360 is cuz i suck w/ mouse and keyboasrd and i dont have the money to get a controller

Kadian
Kadian
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 04:50 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 10/5/08 04:31 PM, Renkadian wrote:
Ah daymn. Unfortunately I'm getting it for 360, not PC, reason being that me and a few of my mates (real life) are all getting it same day so I'll be playing on it with them. I'd love to get it for PC though, but buying the same game twice doesn't seem the most logical of ideas. ;p
Looking at other games (TF2) I could say that PC versions always get a better support and always better stuff, you could try to convince your friends to get it on PC (not to mention FPS games play better on PC anyway). If somehow you still get it for the Xbawks know that you are still welcome here.

Well 2 out of 5 of them don't have PC's to start with, and Michael is the only one out of the 5 of them to have a pc decent enough to run it. So there's no chance really. :\
Sucks cause I prefer PC versions to console versions of games, but we've all decided on getting it for 360.

I'll still post here though (if you guys don't mind) cause it would always be cool to chat with other 'survivors' for tactics etc,


BBS Signature
Assaeva
Assaeva
  • Member since: May. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 06:16 PM, CH4ZM4N92 wrote: The only reason im gettin it for 360 is cuz i suck w/ mouse and keyboasrd and i dont have the money to get a controller

You realize you can plug your 360 controller into your PC and play games like that, right?

Anyway, I'm getting this game for the 360, because although I prefer playing shooters on the PC, I don't have one powerful enough to play... well, pretty much any shooting game.


GT - mousseNG | Steam - mousseng

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 06:22 PM, Assaeva wrote:
Anyway, I'm getting this game for the 360, because although I prefer playing shooters on the PC, I don't have one powerful enough to play... well, pretty much any shooting game.

What are the specs of your computer ?

Assaeva
Assaeva
  • Member since: May. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 06:33 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 10/5/08 06:22 PM, Assaeva wrote:
Anyway, I'm getting this game for the 360, because although I prefer playing shooters on the PC, I don't have one powerful enough to play... well, pretty much any shooting game.
What are the specs of your computer ?

I'm using a Dell Latitude D420 (yeah, a laptop), and it's something like this:

Windows Vista (running performance mode)
Genuine Intel CPU U2500 @ 1.20GHz
2.0GB RAM
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset @ 256MB VRAM

If you wanna know anything more specific, I can probably dig something up.


GT - mousseNG | Steam - mousseng

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 06:49 PM, Assaeva wrote:
I'm using a Dell Latitude D420 (yeah, a laptop), and it's something like this:

Windows Vista (running performance mode)
Genuine Intel CPU U2500 @ 1.20GHz
2.0GB RAM
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset @ 256MB VRAM

If you wanna know anything more specific, I can probably dig something up.

YOur graphic card, because everything so far looks fine I think.

CH4ZM4N92
CH4ZM4N92
  • Member since: May. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 5th, 2008 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 06:22 PM, Assaeva wrote:
You realize you can plug your 360 controller into your PC and play games like that, right?

Anyway, I'm getting this game for the 360, because although I prefer playing shooters on the PC, I don't have one powerful enough to play... well, pretty much any shooting game.

Can you do it w/ a wireless?

Kadian
Kadian
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 10:50 AM Reply

What weapon's are you guys most likely to prefer in the game?

I vary most of the time, but I have a feeling I'll be the front man in my group cause I tend to pick up the shotgun in similar games. Nothing is more aesthetically pleasing than folding a zombie in half with a point-blank shotgun shell.

Also, added this club to siggy. :3


BBS Signature
supathomson
supathomson
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 10/6/08 10:50 AM, Renkadian wrote: What weapon's are you guys most likely to prefer in the game?

I vary most of the time, but I have a feeling I'll be the front man in my group cause I tend to pick up the shotgun in similar games. Nothing is more aesthetically pleasing than folding a zombie in half with a point-blank shotgun shell.

Also, added this club to siggy. :3

Hmm good question am not realy sure were told of urban and rural areas so if it was for urban i would pick shotgun and for the rural i would go with machine gun.

I will also be getting it for the 360 so if any1 want to play send me a pm and i will add you;)

IF no1 had a headset/microphone this game wouldnt appeal to me atol, there would always be some idiot running off getting killed.


Left 4 Dead. When this comes out gimme a call and al be there watching yo bitch ass!

BBS Signature
supathomson
supathomson
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 04:50 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
Looking at other games (TF2) I could say that PC versions always get a better support and always better stuff, you could try to convince your friends to get it on PC (not to mention FPS games play better on PC anyway). If somehow you still get it for the Xbawks know that you are still welcome here.

I agree i love tf2 but the pc version seems so much better, i just hope they dont give the pc version so much extra stuff.


Left 4 Dead. When this comes out gimme a call and al be there watching yo bitch ass!

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 10/6/08 10:50 AM, Renkadian wrote: What weapon's are you guys most likely to prefer in the game?

I vary most of the time, but I have a feeling I'll be the front man in my group cause I tend to pick up the shotgun in similar games. Nothing is more aesthetically pleasing than folding a zombie in half with a point-blank shotgun shell.

Also, added this club to siggy. :3

Hum, I will most likely use the shotgun alot too, you know every monster got a weakness, vampires got garlic and crosses, werewolves got silver, well zombies got shotguns.

As for another weapon to shoot from afar it will be some kind of handgun, I love handguns. I could settle with a good automatic weapon too, like a M-16, it's reliable and accurate.

richler
richler
  • Member since: Jul. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 05:37 PM Reply

valve makes awesome games , for example half life

Kadian
Kadian
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 10/6/08 03:09 PM, supathomson wrote:
At 10/6/08 10:50 AM, Renkadian wrote: What weapon's are you guys most likely to prefer in the game?

I vary most of the time, but I have a feeling I'll be the front man in my group cause I tend to pick up the shotgun in similar games. Nothing is more aesthetically pleasing than folding a zombie in half with a point-blank shotgun shell.

Also, added this club to siggy. :3
Hmm good question am not realy sure were told of urban and rural areas so if it was for urban i would pick shotgun and for the rural i would go with machine gun.

I will also be getting it for the 360 so if any1 want to play send me a pm and i will add you;)

IF no1 had a headset/microphone this game wouldnt appeal to me atol, there would always be some idiot running off getting killed.

Yeah, for long distance rural area's like the countryside looking level's I'd chose an automatic, but for level's like 'Hospital' it's got to be the shotgun. :p

Yeah, add me on live, my tag is: Tommo410.

I'm thinking about doing a left4dead flash movie too. xD


BBS Signature
Assaeva
Assaeva
  • Member since: May. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 6th, 2008 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 10/5/08 08:53 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: YOur graphic card, because everything so far looks fine I think.

Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset @ 256MB VRAM, 3D Acceleration, Pixel Shader 2.0, no HW Transform/Lighting or Vertex Shader. And while I may be able to run L4D, overheating will be a problem, as well as the fact that I like playing the real good games at max quality. And only one of my friends can run it like that.

At 10/5/08 09:00 PM, CH4ZM4N92 wrote: Can you do it w/ a wireless?

Hm, good question. I'm sure someone out there's made something for that, but not that I know of. I'll give it a look later, if I can remember.

At 10/6/08 10:50 AM, Renkadian wrote: What weapon's are you guys most likely to prefer in the game?

Pistols. My friends and I love playing FPS's with pistols; mostly because pistols dominate, but they're cool too. Here's to hoping Valve doesn't put a fire rate limit on semi-auto guns; I love spamming (without a turbo button, of course. that's cheating!).


GT - mousseNG | Steam - mousseng

BBS Signature
Kadian
Kadian
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 02:42 AM Reply

Assaeve - Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the pistols too, because I hate games that make the player completely rely on their main and not their side weapon's, Valve have made it so that every weapon is as useful as the next. Those duel's look mighty handsome too.


BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 10/7/08 02:42 AM, Renkadian wrote: Assaeve - Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the pistols too, because I hate games that make the player completely rely on their main and not their side weapon's, Valve have made it so that every weapon is as useful as the next. Those duel's look mighty handsome too.

Yeah, LIke I said I kinda like handguns too. But my favorite kind are revolvers. Because six bullets is more than enough to kill everything that moves. Seriously, magnums and such, are plain awesome.

sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 07:58 AM Reply

Can't wait till this game comes out, me and my friends are gunna lan through it in the half term.

supathomson
supathomson
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 10:53 AM Reply

At 10/7/08 07:22 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:

Yeah, LIke I said I kinda like handguns too. But my favorite kind are revolvers. Because six bullets is more than enough to kill everything that moves. Seriously, magnums and such, are plain awesome.

You say a magnum? the low bullet capacity and reload time is gonne be a serious downfall for this gun:p


Left 4 Dead. When this comes out gimme a call and al be there watching yo bitch ass!

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 10/7/08 10:53 AM, supathomson wrote:
At 10/7/08 07:22 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:

Yeah, LIke I said I kinda like handguns too. But my favorite kind are revolvers. Because six bullets is more than enough to kill everything that moves. Seriously, magnums and such, are plain awesome.
You say a magnum? the low bullet capacity and reload time is gonne be a serious downfall for this gun:p

Like I said: Six billets is more than enough to kill everything that moves.

Kadian
Kadian
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Left4Dead Survivors Oct. 7th, 2008 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 10/7/08 03:04 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 10/7/08 10:53 AM, supathomson wrote: You say a magnum? the low bullet capacity and reload time is gonne be a serious downfall for this gun:p
Like I said: Six billets is more than enough to kill everything that moves.

Unless there is more than 6 zombies. xD

I'll probably use the duels. ;p


BBS Signature