00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petepan09 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Aura Collab Discussion Thread

8,437 Views | 136 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:21:48

As a result of the recent 'forming' of Aura-determined 'crews' after loogiesquared's idea for forming the 'Fab Five', there have been suggestions for making a collab out of this (the idea actually belongs to TMM43).

Well, this is it! The main idea is to get as many people from each Aura group to participate by making music that reminds them of their Aura, e.g. if you're Neutral, you're obviously not allowed to enter with brutal death metal (also, we won't tolerate any sudden changes in Aura color, meaning: if you're Dark, you're Dark for good). Then, when we're done, we'll have to get some Flash artists involved and, hopefully, we'll get a result with similar quality as the recent CTSG Collab!

The length of the submissions will be determined after we see how many people from each color are willing to take part, and any additional rules (except for the standard Audio portal submission rules you should have already familiarized yourself with) will be determined after more ideas are introduced in this thread, so feel free to post any of those things that you have festering in your head.

We're also taking suggestions for names of every group. It seems that so far, the Dark people have settled on 'The Dark Knights', but I believe that the Fab people might consider temporarily changing the 'Fab Five' name due to a possible bigger number of participants of that Aura color. Also, I invite the Mods to consider themselves members of a separate Aura color, just to make the whole project a bit more interesting.

That's enough of my babbling for today, now it's your turn. Suggestions, any and all?

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:36:55

Sounds like a great idea, and I'm willing to join... Now for a name for the light auras :p
And should the light auras make a part which sounds like.. happy or something?

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:39:11

At 10/4/08 06:36 AM, MICHhimself wrote: Sounds like a great idea, and I'm willing to join... Now for a name for the light auras :p
And should the light auras make a part which sounds like.. happy or something?

Not necessarily. You should work out the style you should follow within yourselves, but I think the only boundaries you should take care of are not to make aggressive, or depressive music.

And how about 'The Lightbulbs'? ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:41:55

At 10/4/08 06:39 AM, Hades0013 wrote:
Not necessarily. You should work out the style you should follow within yourselves, but I think the only boundaries you should take care of are not to make aggressive, or depressive music.

And how about 'The Lightbulbs'? ;D

hmmm... Lightbulbs... taking it into consideration :p
Another question : how long should we make our parts? like in the CTSG? around 15 seconds?

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:46:22

At 10/4/08 06:41 AM, MICHhimself wrote: Another question : how long should we make our parts? like in the CTSG? around 15 seconds?

I was thinking of giving equal time spans to every aura group (let's say one and a half minute or more, we'll see how much they'll need), and then let them divide it among themselves. Basically: if they get one minute, and there's three of them, everyone gets 20 seconds. That's why it's important to make out how many people will be joining in!

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:49:56

At 10/4/08 06:46 AM, Deflektor wrote: - I think we should limit the number of users per aura. Each aura should have the same number of users. That way, that should balance things out, and allow a better organization. Also, because of the number of users limit, we're not taking the risk of accepting newbies (elitist, i know). And at last, it should help putting a time limit for each user.

In the previous post, I suggested a solution for this issue, but yes, we should limit it to a number of let's say 8-10 people per group, and allow only people that aren't, as you said 'newbies', by criteria of submission ratings and forum posts, probably.

Name suggestions

Well, I like them, but it's up to the groups to make the decisions.

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:53:19

At 10/4/08 06:49 AM, Deflektor wrote: We should also define the genre according to the different auras.

Feel free to attempt to 'define' them, but make sure to leave some of them out, as many genres (like ambiental, classical, jazz,...) can be made to fit each (or at least most) Auras.

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 06:55:09

Maybe it'd be better to make different threads per aura color collab.
And keep this one for merging them.

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 08:18:54

something uplifting mby? i don't know, just a suggestion :p

COCKS FOR PRESIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 09:14:48

Imo, light should be ambient/trance'ish

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 10:00:28

At 10/4/08 09:14 AM, Kr1z wrote: Imo, light should be ambient/trance'ish

at least not dark sounding, happy-ish I'd say, genre doesn't matter, you can also make happy sounding rock song imo :p

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 10:16:32

And happy sounding hardcore.

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 11:22:20

IF YOU ARE FAB::
we'll discuss in the chat

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 11:22:46

At 10/4/08 10:16 AM, Nav wrote: And happy sounding hardcore.

Yeah, but I doubt that anything related to Light auras could fit with anything 'Hardcore'. Just an opinion, you light peoples figure it out for yourselves.

On other things, we'll need coordinators for each Aura color. They'll be in charge with making a thread for their group, and organizing the participants within it. So, who's first to sign-up?

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 11:27:09

At 10/4/08 11:22 AM, Hades0013 wrote: On other things, we'll need coordinators for each Aura color. They'll be in charge with making a thread for their group, and organizing the participants within it. So, who's first to sign-up?

i'll be Fab Coordin.!

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 11:29:08

At 10/4/08 11:27 AM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 10/4/08 11:22 AM, Hades0013 wrote: On other things, we'll need coordinators for each Aura color. They'll be in charge with making a thread for their group, and organizing the participants within it. So, who's first to sign-up?
i'll be Fab Coordin.!

Then make a thread called 'The Aura Collab: Fab Five+ Thread' and deal with the musical crap that gets chucked at you. Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 11:30:44

At 10/4/08 11:29 AM, Hades0013 wrote: Then make a thread called 'The Aura Collab: Fab Five+ Thread' and deal with the musical crap that gets chucked at you. Good luck!

I'm GETTING THERE!
also, we have a 599x700pxbanner...the drak knights don't.... >=P

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 11:59:43

At 10/4/08 11:30 AM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 10/4/08 11:29 AM, Hades0013 wrote: Then make a thread called 'The Aura Collab: Fab Five+ Thread' and deal with the musical crap that gets chucked at you. Good luck!
I'm GETTING THERE!
also, we have a 599x700pxbanner...the drak knights don't.... >=P

We do?

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 12:29:24

NO!!! >:(

ILLEGAL FUCKING TEXT~!

The Aura Collab Discussion Thread

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 12:32:57

Great idea! The yellow auras are already way ahead of you ;)

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 12:41:00

At 10/4/08 12:32 PM, Rig wrote: Great idea! The yellow auras are already way ahead of you ;)

orly....

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 13:17:10

Well I'm interested, my latest wip is coming out dark so it could fit.

Once all the decisions are made we need this big epic post outlining all the specifics, things seem kinda muddled now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 14:02:59

At 10/4/08 06:21 AM, Hades0013 wrote: As a result of the recent 'forming' of Aura-determined 'crews' after loogiesquared's idea for forming the 'Fab Five', there have been suggestions for making a collab out of this (the idea actually belongs to TMM43).

At 10/2/08 11:49 PM, EchozAurora wrote:

At 10/2/08 06:01 PM, loogiesquared wrote: i'm DLing all of the Fab Five's ppls's songs...
Ya know what'd be truly epic? A Fab Five collab.

It's gotta cum sooner or later.

Bastard. >=(

Also, lol..

And.. damn the quote count! What if I just want to be spiffy and make most of my post in quotes!? How is that a problem!? /anger.

LMAO?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 14:06:04

Dudes. I'm at my dad's and using Vista. Urgh. So I've not really caught the drift of everything going on because I just scanned the thread and stuff quickly.

I don't really like the idea of each user of their crew, gang, mafia organization whatever you like to call it having a limited amount of seconds then it being slapped together.
I'd much prefer if each aura decided how they group wanted to collab. Personally I'd much rather like the chucking a folder backwards and forwards with a song and build on it that way. :)

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 14:08:45

starting to sound a lot like the ctsg collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 20:39:15

I'd like to take credit for coming up with this marvelous idea! :D

We really need to get this idea out there. I want this to be big. Bigger than CTSG. Maybe a mod could contact an admin and make a post about it?

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 21:38:29

At 10/4/08 10:16 AM, Nav wrote: And happy sounding hardcore.

Nav knows how to party light-core!

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 21:49:22

I'm like, the only person here that's evil :(

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-04 22:25:40

At 10/4/08 09:49 PM, ZENON wrote: I'm like, the only person here that's evil :(

No you're not. :(

Perhaps the only evil aura who posts somewhat often?

Though admittedly, the only reason I'm evil is because it matches my userpage/signature theme. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Aura Collab Discussion Thread 2008-10-05 09:57:54

I'd like to participate! Wonder how this will turn out..