New Topic Respond to this Topic
StephenForgione
StephenForgione
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 3rd, 2008 @ 11:20 AM Reply

I am looking for someone who can create decent music.

I belong to a site where we are creating an 3D MMORPG and we are looking for someone who can create songs that relate to Celtic mainly, but also area based music as well.
----------------------------------------
----------------------
Example:

A snow area, we would need music that would relate to it's surroundings and climate.
----------------------

Essentially we need someone who can make custom songs for appropriate settings in the game.

Unfortunately, this would only be charity work. We would be able to credit you and your music.

So, if you are interested you can either email me or send a PM.

Thank you for reading this, my information will be at the bottom.

-Steve

-----
StephenRForgione@hotmail.com

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 06:10 AM Reply

I'm sure someone out here is able to do that, I wonder why no-one repsponed yet, as there are a lot of good musiscians here. I can't help you though, I'm only getting better at trance/dance things..
so this is more of a bump to help you out :p

Mexican-Dessert-Pie
Mexican-Dessert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 06:27 AM Reply

I just posted my own topic cuz I really think my music deserves a chance. My friends say that my music would go well in a video game.
So you can either check my post in the audio forum or just look through my files. so let me know if its what you're looking for.

Elfire
Elfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 06:28 AM Reply

At 10/4/08 06:10 AM, MICHhimself wrote: I'm sure someone out here is able to do that, I wonder why no-one repsponed yet, as there are a lot of good musiscians here. I can't help you though, I'm only getting better at trance/dance things..

because hes talking about something huge, take any online game........WOW for instance. the music on that has sooooo much attention to detail. were talking proffesional use/understanding of scales, dynamics, timing and timbre. this would take alot of time and the few people here who are capable of doing this should deffo get paid for it. this is hours of studio work, late nights and much coffee.

BBS Signature
S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 06:38 AM Reply

At 10/4/08 06:28 AM, Elfire wrote:
At 10/4/08 06:10 AM, MICHhimself wrote: I'm sure someone out here is able to do that, I wonder why no-one repsponed yet, as there are a lot of good musiscians here. I can't help you though, I'm only getting better at trance/dance things..
because hes talking about something huge, take any online game........WOW for instance. the music on that has sooooo much attention to detail. were talking proffesional use/understanding of scales, dynamics, timing and timbre. this would take alot of time and the few people here who are capable of doing this should deffo get paid for it. this is hours of studio work, late nights and much coffee.

woah, I think you are taking this to the extreme.

For as long as it takes to do the music, it takes atleast twice as long to develop the game. At least. If the author is making money off of it, of course the audio artist deserves a small share.

Although it can help, you dont need to have a professional understanding of those elements, I doubt this project is even in that class. studio work? lol. it can all be done on a computer and some sample libraries :*

I'm sure someone can do the job for you, this topic possibly just got overlooked. I would gladly do it but personally I just think there's much better people here that can fulfill the job.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

Elfire
Elfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 07:16 AM Reply

=\ maybe i was taking it a little TOO far, but my point remains. its still alot of work because you have to remember who ever is playing this game will be hearing this on loop for hours on end.......theoretically. so were talking a 10 minute track at least and lohohohohohots of interesting depth. on the other hand it all depends on the quality of the game, id like to know a bit more about it actually.

BBS Signature
KgZ
KgZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 09:54 AM Reply

I think you're looking at it backwards. Opportunities for ameteur artists are what eventually turn them into a professional musician.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Elfire
Elfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 10:21 AM Reply

At 10/4/08 09:54 AM, KgZ wrote: I think you're looking at it backwards. Opportunities for ameteur artists are what eventually turn them into a professional musician.

its sheer hard work in my opinion but meh, getting off topic. the dude wants some music.

gief musics.

BBS Signature
Flash-MX
Flash-MX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 10:41 AM Reply

I can help you out, but I can only offer one or two tracks, I have some experience with this genre of music
IN fact if you give me a sec I can upload two tracks that I did for another game, and see if you like the way I do it or not. Again with school and marching band and whatnot I can't really do a whole soundtrack, but I can offer some custom made tracks.

I'll give you the links to those pieces in a few mins, reply if interested!

Flash-MX
Flash-MX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 10:54 AM Reply

Ok sorry for the double-post, I was under the impression we could edit our posts :(

here's the links for what I've done in the past

• Medieval_No1
    Medieval_No1 by Flash-MX

Click to listen.

Score
    2.26 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
  • Crusades_No1
    Crusades_No1 by Flash-MX

Click to listen.

Score
    2.26 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

[audio=17245 1]

• LeStoneAge
    LeStoneAge by Flash-MX

Click to listen.

Score
    2.01 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
  • Arabian Odyssey
    Arabian Odyssey by Flash-MX

Click to listen.

Score
    4.30 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity

l0vemetal
l0vemetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Need a music composer for a Game Oct. 4th, 2008 @ 03:29 PM Reply

I'd throw some 'tunes around for ya.

I've been tooling around with creating some original videogame-sounding music for quite some time, anywho.

domestic violence can be funny too!

BBS Signature