00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bacon Infused Vodka

6,669 Views | 59 Replies

Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:18:19

So, a little while ago, I saw a recipe online for bacon infused vodka. Immediately, this caught my attention, because bacon and alcohol are two of my favourite past times. Well, today I actually ventured into the great unknown and started the process of creating this magical elixir.

First things first, I had to get vodka, bacon and some mason jars. Now, the bacon and vodka were easy to get, but for some odd reason no one...anywhere sells mason jars. I ended up going to four different stores before I found something suitable to use. Thanks, Wal-Mart.

Alright, getting down to business, I took 4-5 strips of bacon, which is more than the online recipe, but my mason jar holds more vodka than a pint, so I added more bacon. We'll see how that turns out. I started to fry the bacon, which started to make me hungry. I turned the bacon a few times, and after a few minutes cooking it was done.

I took the bacon out of the pan and decided not to blot it with a paper towel, believing that any little extra bacon flavour I can get is going to be good. The next step was easy, adding the vodka to the bacon. I put the bacon in the jar and simply poured the vodka in with it.

This is the result

So, now I have to let it sit for three weeks in a dark cupboard while the vodka takes in the subtleties and nuances of the bacon. I've already got a drink planned for it. Its essentially a bloody mary, except instead of celery, you add a romaine heart. Its a BLT...lolololol.

This could either be extremely awesome or horribly disgusting. I just have to wait three weeks to find out.

Bacon Infused Vodka

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:20:40

Seems... interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:20:44

At 9/27/08 07:18 PM, mightypotato wrote: This could either be extremely awesome or horribly disgusting. I just have to wait three weeks to find out.

Yum, bacon.

Pity i don't drink vodka anymore...

Stop looking

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:21:15

The anticipation will be greater than the taste, this is a fact.

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:23:37

Sounds pretty fuckin awesome

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:24:08

Mix it up with some diet Coke.
Also, I sense it could be great for cooking.

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:27:01

At 9/27/08 07:18 PM, mightypotato wrote: First things first, I had to get vodka, bacon and some mason jars. Now, the bacon and vodka were easy to get, but for some odd reason no one...anywhere sells mason jars. I ended up going to four different stores before I found something suitable to use. Thanks, Wal-Mart.

Too bad you live in the Great White North, you can find mason jars easily at these stores we got here in New England called The Yankee Candle and Christmas Tree Shop. My aunt picks them up for her home-made jams.

This could either be extremely awesome or horribly disgusting. I just have to wait three weeks to find out.

We got a little saying in my kitchen, "bacon can make a turd taste great." I'm hoping the same formula transfers well to booze for ya.

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:31:52

I dunno...I don't think bacon should ever be in liquid form.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:34:08

At 9/27/08 07:18 PM, mightypotato wrote: I took the bacon out of the pan and decided not to blot it with a paper towel, believing that any little extra bacon flavour I can get is going to be good.

I hope this doesn't backfire on you. That extra grease could be detrimental to the experiment. Hopefully the alcohol will preserve it and keep it from going rancid over the next 21 days, but even so I hope you're not going to end up drinking a ton of bland, bowel-moving fat. Most likely any excess grease will solidify on the top layer and you can spoon that shit out before imbibing your concoction.

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:35:17

I can't wait til' three weeks from now. I wonder how it will taste.

At 5/11/59 09:17 PM, Wolverine said:

| No no-neck redneck dumps on my wife and gets away with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:41:40

At 9/27/08 07:34 PM, THEJamoke wrote: so I hope you're not going to end up drinking a ton of bland, bowel-moving fat.

After the three weeks are up, I'm going to put the vodka in the freezer to solidify the fat, then strain it through a coffee filter.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 19:43:50

The final product reminds me of something out of a laboratory scene in a movie where all the different body parts of animals and maybe humans are in jars suspended in a liquid. I don't think I could bring myself to taste it after three weeks. But I think your dedication to taste something new is impressive.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-27 20:28:20

I'm pretty damn excited it's finally happening for real. Mr. Potato, you must save me enough so that I can make a BLT. A friend of mine went to New York a couple weeks ago and bought some chocolate covered bacon. I was super excited to try it, but still amazed at how well the chocolate and bacon complimented each other.

Plus I'm eating some tasty home made rice pudding right now, so that's good...

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 01:47:31

At 9/27/08 08:33 PM, apsham wrote: Shouldn't it be vodka infused bacon?

Now THAT would be tasty.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 01:55:11

Oh, I can't imagine that going wrong.

O_O

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 01:56:30

I really, really, really, really want some fucking greasy-ass bacon right now.

Along with toast.

Yesssss.

damnit, mp. >: (

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 02:00:56

Oh wow. This really is a fun idea. I wonder how many calories one of those bloody mary's might carry? If this becomes win, then I think you should start your own little brewery on the side. Have a full line up of unique flavors, like steak and eggs or hot dog supreme. Just imagine the look on all the faces of those who indulge!

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 02:02:30

If I want to get drunk, I'm not gonna waste my time with delicious alcohol. I loose most of my sense of taste soon enough anyways, why waste bacon on it?

Mmm... Bacon.

Derp.

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 02:04:33

As someone who has never had alcoholic beverages, it sounds pretty good.

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 02:09:04

At 9/28/08 02:02 AM, OneWordName wrote: If I want to get drunk, I'm not gonna waste my time with delicious alcohol. I loose most of my sense of taste soon enough anyways, why waste bacon on it?

Mmm... Bacon.

Because not everyone is a stupid low class high school kid.

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 02:13:16

Don't worry, bacon will make even vodka taste orgasmic.

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 02:21:55

I predict hallucinations and a call to poison control in your future.

!..!_ (o_O) _!..!

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 03:05:51

Oh why, WHY WAS I BORN 14??
I'll probably forget about this before I turn 21. :P

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 03:08:17

At 9/27/08 07:31 PM, Rig wrote: I dunno...I don't think bacon should ever be in liquid form.

I've had some fun spreading that comment around by itself, and watching people's reactions.

I do send them here eventually, though.

-Eulif Davis-

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 03:14:36

is it just me or does it look like a fried uterus in a jar?

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 03:16:01

so u drink the vodka and eat the bacon after? sounds neat,i think the vodka soaked bacon would be great!
i wonder how it goes...good luck!

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-28 03:17:09

yummy, maybe?

.Look it's a Girl, who likes... Girls.

.isntthatfun.

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-09-29 20:56:04

At 9/27/08 07:24 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Mix it up with some diet Coke.
Also, I sense it could be great for cooking.

why diet coke? diet coke tastes like shit, it tastes like its attempting to be sweet , but failing,
unless your a fat arse or you have diabettes, you have no reason to be drinking diet coke....

now onto the main subject that yeahhhh, thislooks pretty good, its gonna be salty and fatty, but have that vodka goodness

feed it to jew friends and laughter ensues

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-10-19 21:58:31

Well, three weeks have passed and the vodka has finished its infusing. Its been a long, interesting ride getting from there to here. More aggravating than anything really, because I wanted to try it.

Yesterday, a friend and I took the vodka out of the cupboard and did the first filter of it. It got a good deal of the fat out, but there was still quite a bit left. So, we put it back in the freezer and I finished up the filtering today. I took the vodka out of the freezer again, and proceeded to filter it through some coffee filters. It took about an hour and a half for everything to be strained out nicely. Once it was done, I was left with a pale yellow vodka, just as the recipe had described. Just to be on the safe side, I put the vodka back in the freezer for a third time to see if I actually had gotten all the fat out, and luckily, I did.

So, I took the newly filtered vodka creation, and poured it into an old vodka bottle I had lying around my apartment, which was then relabled as "BACON".

Then came the moment of truth...the taste test. I poured myself a small bit of it into a shot glass and took it. To my shock and surprise, it was damn good. It tastes exactly how you'd think it would...vodka with bacon flavouring. The bacon flavour comes through extremely well and I couldn't be more pleased with this little experiment. This vodka is going to make Bloody Marys that are out of this world.

So, at the end of this whole thing, what are my thoughts? Well, it was an interesting experience, trying something new and crazy with booze. That much was fun. Especially the people who couldn't believe that I was even trying something like this. Would I do it again? Probably not. Bacon infused vodka seems to be more of a novelty item than anything else, and all things considered is a pain in the ass to make. But, at least I can say I did it...and successfully too.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Bacon Infused Vodka 2008-10-19 22:01:24

Your mason jar is a candle jar...

Also, one more reason bacon is the shit.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature