00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

johnnycancer's Art Thread

28,797 Views | 223 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-11 10:13:03

Some of these are really cool (the inked ones especially) keep it up :D

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-12 00:31:20

Cosmonaut update, now with more letterbox.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-12 14:36:48

At 11/11/08 03:00 AM, johnnycancer wrote: Yeah, she's my secret crush on Newgrounds. Don't tell anybody...

:O I'm so telling!!

...wait, are you like some kind of eSailor... a different girl in every forum! :( Oh well, thanks for making me feel special ...if only for a minute or two! lol <3

I usually just check this thread when I'm at home, due to all of the NSFW stuff. I like the one with the graveyard... it's surreal and makes my head feel funny! You should try some full-blown M.C Escher type thing (or do you have some and just aren't sharing?). My fave is still the guy in the alley with the mask on page 1.

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-12 15:01:59

At 11/11/08 03:00 AM, johnnycancer wrote:
At 11/11/08 02:30 AM, McJesus wrote: I'm really liking the Cosmonaut! :D
And I haven't even seen that sig until now, thanks ReNaeNae!!
Yeah, she's my secret crush on Newgrounds. Don't tell anybody...

Hey hands off her! She's mine D:<

Formerly PieLover61

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-13 04:08:57

At 11/12/08 02:36 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I usually just check this thread when I'm at home, due to all of the NSFW stuff. I like the one with the graveyard... it's surreal and makes my head feel funny! You should try some full-blown M.C Escher type thing (or do you have some and just aren't sharing?). My fave is still the guy in the alley with the mask on page 1.

You know a lot of people say that's their favorite. Is it the penguin?

I don't have any full blown M.C. Escher stuff - and you pretty much get everything that I do posted on here. I've been trying to find some of my older sketches and get them scanned, but so far I have no idea where I put them. But if there are no updates for a while, it's just because I'm busy and not drawing anything.

On a related note, I feel like my thread should have NSFW in the title, because I worry that I might be ambushing people with full frontal female nudity at inappropriate times. Maybe a moderator could make that change for me. Also, it's nice to know that you're checking on this thread now and then.

Anyway, here's a new one. Not NSFW either. This is a self portrait as a calavera (calaca?) with a boa. Not explaining it anymore beyond that, except to say that it's a Day of the Dead thing.

Also, if anybody hasn't done so yet, you should really go check out the Metropolis Disaster Art Collab. It could definitely use more finished entries than what we've got right now, and it's got some really great artists already attached to it, so, you might as well grab onto its coattails. You've got until November 30th to submit a finished piece, so, get going!

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-14 04:10:52

Funky Crow? Funky Crow.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-14 05:04:55

Haha, Funky. I like it!

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-14 06:47:11

At 11/14/08 04:10 AM, johnnycancer wrote: Funky Crow? Funky Crow.

Oh this is great, love the colors. You're getting quite good at colors :)

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-14 08:13:18

More and more really excellent stuff. I see you still like drawing the ol' female nudes ;P. It's good to see you getting better at anatomy, I especially like the one with the girl sitting in the chair. Keep on posting.

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-14 12:20:55

At 11/14/08 08:13 AM, Chymo wrote: More and more really excellent stuff. I see you still like drawing the ol' female nudes ;P. It's good to see you getting better at anatomy, I especially like the one with the girl sitting in the chair. Keep on posting.

Yeah, I've been trying to work on anatomy a bit, and, I find that the female form holds my interest. It's nice to see you back and posting.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-14 14:00:06

Cheers Johnny.

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-23 03:43:01

What follows are some sketches I did on envelopes holding Christmas cards for friends. They are not particularly Christmas-ish; nor are they greatly detailed. But, they're a little different from the stuff I normally post on here, so, I thought there might be some interest.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-23 03:44:20

Christmas for Kristina and Jules.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-23 03:45:40

Christmas for Lizeth.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-23 03:46:46

Christmas for Lupe.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-23 04:05:29

I like those a lot :D

The moon one is my favorite.

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2008-11-23 04:38:18

At 11/23/08 04:05 AM, Slippery-Nipple wrote: I like those a lot :D

The moon one is my favorite.

Thanks. One last one because the 4 reply limit cut me off before.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 05:11:47

So...I haven't posted anything in, well...a long time, and I wanted to post some stuff. Nothing too spectacular; some old stuff and some new stuff.

This is a valentine that I drew for somebody who, ironically is no longer speaking to me. More ironically, this is based on a series of similar sketches with the collective title of "I must be too dumb to be proud."

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 05:13:16

A sketch on an index card from several years ago which I tentatively titled "I must be too dumb to be proud."

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 05:14:32

The other entry in what I guess is the "too dumb to be proud" triptych. Also drawn on an index card and also several years old. Always meant to draw this one bigger.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 05:17:44

Another old sketchbook entry onto this thread. Quite a bit going on in this one actually, and, I think it does a better job of showcasing how much I am influenced by surrealist work in a way that perhaps some of my other things do not.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 05:26:50

Yes! Johnny is back!

Fantastic work, I'm sorry about your situation with that specified person.

So glad you've posted some stuff :D!

I recently, just to day, found my muse again.

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 05:59:32

Another from the sketchbook archives. Sometimes I look at the stuff I was doing a few years back and I think that, even though there are things wrong with it, I had a lot more technical skill as an artist than I do now. I have no idea how I managed to do the texture and details on this using a ballpoint pen.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 06:01:04

Okay, here's a recent one. Part of a sort of silly set of drawings that I'm calling collectively "A Pleasant Dream." I think I'd likek to do a triptych out of them once I've got access to a tablet again and can start coloring things.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 06:02:08

What I imagine all three fingered astronauts must be dreaming about as they cross the surface of Mars.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-04-27 06:03:14

My favorite so far, but still unfiished. Poor penguins, they don't have very nice dreams.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-01 01:26:29

Another one out of the sketchbook archives. There's all kinds of things wrong with this, but, I appreciate what I kind of sort of tried to do here.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-01 01:28:11

This was the beginning, I thought, of not such a bad little character design. Not exactly sure why this one totally slipped my mind until recently. Might have to try an updated version of this some time int he future.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-01 01:32:17

Yet another relic from the ol' sketchbook archive. I really don't even know what was going through my head as I drew this; I seem to recall that I had just finished watching a documentary on Crumb, but, I am not sure how that's really connected to this. I think my favorite part of it is the little guy with hooks for hands coming out of the mouth. Anyway, this is NSFW because it has some nudity of various kinds in the background, so, be warned before you scroll down.
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-01 01:35:46

Last trip down memory lane for tonight I suppose. This one is really a throwback to an older drawing style of mine, which I have to say I sort of miss. I don't know how I managed to work pills, beetles, a naked woman, a twisted city skyline and a whale all into the same picture, but, this has always been one of my enduring favorites as a result. There's technically a woman's nipple floating around in this but I'm not sure anybody would ever actually notice so I don't think this one needs any warning accompanying it.

BBS Signature