00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3

73,834 Views | 433 Replies

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-09-21 14:39:47

More B/P ranks:

Level 27: Lt. Governor
40,000 B/P points
+80% voting power

Level 28: Governor
60,000 B/P points
+100% voting power

Level 29: Vice President
80,000 B/P points
125% voting power

Level 30: President
100,000 B/P points
+150% voting power

That would make a nice round 30 ranks.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-09-22 01:42:55

Maybe insert HTML into the comments section to such as links, email, bold, italic, and underlined. That would be pretty cool

photoshoped example

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-09-22 16:06:39

Users online for the whole site.

This one I dout would ever become a reality but its nice to think about it. A online user showing just like the bbs except for the entire site. Somewhere on the frontpage would have an indicator for all users online and all the different mods.

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-09-27 13:25:33

Color scheme of user pages?

You gave us our own personal social domains, and i figure a little more customization wouldn't hurt.

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-02 11:58:17

When a user is renamed, the pages from their old user space should be redirected to their new one. FOr example, when chris-marks was renamed to DiMono, all of the links to http://chris-marks.newgrounds.com.* stopped working. This was pretty inconvenient.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-07 23:52:25

There's a discussion on the mochi boards and someone brought up a decent idea. I'm not sure if this is part of the redesign or not, but they suggestion was for flash games and movies to be separated in the portal more than what they are. This would involve a top 50 for movies and top 50 for games, separate awards, etc...

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-08 22:00:13

Get rid of Network News

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-09 19:30:52

How about a "lite" mode? Since the current version of Newgrounds uses a lot of advanced scripting (e.g., AJAX), many of the features will not work on mobile phones, older browsers, or through proxies.

A "lite" version would solve these problems.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-10 09:15:27

Alright, I posted this in a news post, and was advised to put it here as well.

-------------------------

1) The 'More Latest Submissions >' and 'More Best Tracks >' buttons don't work.

2) On any other list other than the main audio page, there isn't any symbol telling you if it's a loop or a full song, which makes it difficult if you're looking for one in particular, which leads me to..

3) The option to view 'loops' and 'songs' as different categories, like how you can view 'classical' or 'techno', a sub-choice or something would improve that a lot. You have a similar thing in the flash portal, with how you can choose to sort it.

4) Actually have the color code you advertise above the list of new submissions.

5) Maybe a better location for the audio search bar. I know where it is, but I'm sure a lot of less experienced newgrounders probably miss it...all the way down there. Or if you were truly want to bring more light on the audio, put an option in the top search bar for audio.

5 steps that I believe would make the audio portal a much easier experience. I know it's an afterthought for a lot of people here, maybe making it less of a drag to have to use it would change that.
Also, this is wrong, considering the only people that WOULDN'T know that are people that have to go through an approval process. People that CAN upload songs instantly don't need to be told.
Maybe the search bar can go there?
Especially considerin how, after what I've said, that whole box up the top left is almost completely pointless.

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-13 01:58:12

Custom Art icon

When uploading a peice to the art portal the icon you have to crop from your art peice. Sometimes I can't find anything good enough to use as an icon for my art submisson. So if you were also allowed to create an icon for the Art submission. Make the icon upload must b 100 x 100 pixels.

This would also fix the problem where if you upload a peice of art that is smaller than 100 x 100 pixels when you crop an icon for that it looks very cruddy.

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-13 06:03:19

I honestly don't see this happening, but I think it would be pretty cool, but it's honestly probably not worth the time.

But I think it would be pretty cool if the whistle on under judgment submissions corresponded with your whistle level.

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-14 12:18:27

It would be very useful to have a Moderators' Directory, i.e. a page where one could consult which users moderate which areas of the site.
This idea came to me when i wanted to PM a review mod, but i don't want to bother someone who moderates 32837424 areas of the site and is a lot busier than a just-review-mod.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-14 12:35:20

At 10/14/10 12:18 PM, C-Hawk wrote: It would be very useful to have a Moderators' Directory, i.e. a page where one could consult which users moderate which areas of the site.

As is pointed out in the original post, his is not a discussion thread. However, there is already a list of who does what in the FAQ (See the "Site Moderation" section.)

I'm going to take this opportunity to remind you guys to flesh out your ideas in the discussion thread. There have been posts in the last few days (I see they have been cleaned up), where users have mentioned that they "can't be bothered to check if their idea has been mentioned before" and the suggestions that they have made have literally been made in the post right before theirs.

Response to Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution MK3 2010-10-15 12:42:53

A newer version of this thread will be posted when we have compiled all the data in here... possibly after the weekend. >_> <_<

I will post a link to the new thread in here when it's posted. Thanks for all the suggestions.