This is the third incarnation of the Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution thread.
Please read these guidelines in detail before posting in the topic; MANY things have changed since the release of the redesign over a year ago, and many suggested ideas under speculation in this thread's predecessor have been covered by that (including some that had previously been rejected.)
Posts that do not follow the below guidelines will probably be deleted:
1) Only post here if you have a unique idea for NG's improvement. In an attempt to keep the thread concise, discussion of ideas is NOT encouraged.
2) DO NOT SPAM OR WHINE. This is not the place for you to complain about things you don't like about NG, just for constructive advice and ideas for the future.
3) READ the posts in the thread, to make sure that you are not simply rehashing a previous suggestion.
4) Take the time to consider whether your idea is practical and useful, or frivolous and inefficient:
--- a. What level of user demand for this idea would there be?
--- b. Does it serve a purpose?
--- c. Is there something else NG does that already takes care of this?
--- d. Include your reasoning in your post.
5) Keep in mind that this is neither a list of demands, nor a slate of what WILL be put into place. This is merely a thread to allow the users to express and refine their ideas for what they would like to see done with NG. The final decision ultimately rests with staff.
Suggested ideas previously rejected:
BBS edit button.
BBS posters rank lists.
BBS spell checker.
Smilies in BBS posts.
Polls for BBS.
Remote image linking.
More experience for BBS posts.
Extra experience points for voting close to midnight.
Favorite threads in Profile.
Selling NG scripts.
Self banning from the site/BBS/wherever.
Ability to delete your own account.
Deleting old movies that have a bad score - they're not doing anyone any harm and you don't have to watch them.
Big thanks to Denvish, D0GMA, and whoever else contributed original ideas in the previous thread. I'd go through and list the clutch of people who contributed useful suggestions personally, but reading through just under 1,900 pages to get that list is far too time consuming!