00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3

46,741 Views | 543 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 14:55:18

Edible castle teddy:

still to come, why does, everybody think, the helmet shaped thing has to be on top?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 16:13:19

At 9/28/08 10:51 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Haven't fucked up the pic quality on this one. With proper screws for eyes.

This is interesting. I'd be curious to see if you can pull it off PM me

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 16:17:42

Please avoid basing your designs on commercial characters.. (ie mario, solid snake, etc)
You have a blank figurine with a chance to expres your own creativity.. I would think it'd be boring to just try and recreate a character that is commercially accessible to people no?

Obviously if its your Teddy Trooper you can do what you want :P

I'll be sponsoring the ones that have concepts not based on commercial properties. Characters from NG or in the portal are OK. I did mine on Madness last time, it was fun.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 16:20:02

TRIPPLE POST

If you already have yours or have begun working on it, go ahead and feel free to post WIP pics... its kind of motivating to see it come together. Actually its very motivating.

Also someone asked me about a deadline yesterday. There isnt a concrete deadline because I'm still mailing the sponsored Troops out but in my mind, I'd like to begin wrapping this project up by the first week of Nov. By that time you should have enough time to have recieved your figurine, figured out what you wanted to do and painted it up with it ready to mail out.

We'll see how it goes. Thats something to shoot for.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 16:53:06

At 9/29/08 04:17 PM, Luis wrote: Please avoid basing your designs on commercial characters.. (ie mario, solid snake, etc)
You have a blank figurine with a chance to expres your own creativity.. I would think it'd be boring to just try and recreate a character that is commercially accessible to people no?

Obviously if its your Teddy Trooper you can do what you want :P

I'll be sponsoring the ones that have concepts not based on commercial properties. Characters from NG or in the portal are OK. I did mine on Madness last time, it was fun.

Luis, would you say my Aviator Panda is a commercial character? I'm not too good at the abstract kind of work and I like the design for it... I don't think I'll be buying my own due to not having spare cash 'n' shiz. So if you'd sooner or later make a post about who you're giving the 15 away to, that'd be nice.

I forgot to colour in his upper mouth pievce, it's meant to be white :3

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 17:33:50

Helmet is worn metal, perhaps some blood stains.
Blood etc. would be more realistic in paint form.
On the back of the teddy; "LOVE" as though it was carved into it's back.

:) ?

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 17:47:40

i hope sentai does one
his munny were fucking awsome

I will continue to row my fake canoe

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 17:48:22

Please avoid basing your designs on commercial characters.. (ie mario, solid snake, etc)

just another way to say NO to my second design...oh well

i guess i'll make another one

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 18:00:42

Or would it work better with a slightly more realistic eye?

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 20:09:57

It's better the first way. Also IMO I'd just leave it pink if you could dye it evenly enough rather then add all that blood

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 20:27:16

Yeah, I was gonna have the front body of the bear mostly smooth and un-bloodied. Makes it more of a contrast to the helmet.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 01:46:50

so i played around with bottom side up

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 08:56:29

oh god, I just went in and stated the obvious, again...

up up down down left right left right B A

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 10:00:25

Hehe here is a one i made in like 45min....its simple and hasent got alot of colors......my cousin designed the skull.....

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 11:17:19

Hehe, yeah I was thinking of doing something upside down :P

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 13:46:04

ninja Teddy; the mask isn't very clear though, in real life it would probably look a lot nicer

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 14:09:17

At 9/30/08 11:17 AM, Baleout wrote: Hehe, yeah I was thinking of doing something upside down :P

If you have one upside down, youd have to sand out the top off his head or lop it off.
Ehh i dunno, i think it might be trying TOO hard to be unique.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 14:44:55

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 15:43:02

At 9/30/08 02:09 PM, Luis wrote:
At 9/30/08 11:17 AM, Baleout wrote: Hehe, yeah I was thinking of doing something upside down :P
If you have one upside down, youd have to sand out the top off his head or lop it off.
Ehh i dunno, i think it might be trying TOO hard to be unique.

just removing an arm and adding some sand will do

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 15:58:14

It may be heavier, but it wouldn't balance on it's head. You could mould a base out of clay?

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 17:35:47

this one require prying off the arm.

The main concept is that I'd take the arm off and take some twine or string and loop it around the joint of the arm and then around the torso of the teddy trooper so it like something he pulls around with him. the eyes would be looking in that direction so that when you put the arm over there he's looking at it.

Because the real one would be three dimensional, none of the green outlines would exist, but some of the details, like the tips of the hands and feet and the zigzags on the chest I'd still do.

I might not do the colors like that with an actual one, and I'd probably add a little bit of detail on the helmet, the main thing I wanted to show was the arm idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 19:17:03

Upside down idea seems like a bad idea. Plus it would look tarded having one upside down teddy in a mass of loads of standing up ones. Anyhoo... mine came 2 days ago. Viking idea still stands - Going to sculpt a shield and sword out of plastic or something and paint the rest.

WIP's coming soon.

This is a scale pic of it - to my hand.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 22:11:09

Clubby the seal, I am actually willing to produce a TT and send it over to the contest, this is an idea i came up with, I will upload a new one soon.

This one is kinda rough

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-30 22:14:26

Please, Luis give me some feedback!

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-10-01 02:33:33

teddy trooper? turtle trooper!

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-10-01 04:39:00

I'm not actually participating, I just wanted to get this pervy idea out of my system. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-10-01 05:57:33

At 10/1/08 04:39 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: I'm not actually participating, I just wanted to get this pervy idea out of my system. :P

I completely agree.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-10-01 06:12:29

I think im gonna stay out this year. Dunno, depends on my mood.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-10-01 07:48:43

Hehe the teddys are awesome....too bad i havent got any money left to buy one :'(

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-10-01 08:03:35

At 9/30/08 10:00 AM, Peglay wrote: Hehe here is a one i made in like 45min....its simple and hasent got alot of colors......my cousin designed the skull.....

kool. send me a PM ill mail u one.

None

BBS Signature