00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3

46,748 Views | 543 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-26 19:12:59

terminator teddy..

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-26 20:13:36

question: what kind of paint do you recommend?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-26 20:17:56

At 9/26/08 08:13 PM, LaughingTomato wrote: question: what kind of paint do you recommend?

Personally, I use the Warhammer Primer and Paint [Citadel Paint], but just because I already have it lying around from my Warhammer old days. I don't know if there are any others that people use, but I feel like that paint doesn't work as well without the primer, that's why I have that side-on. Also, I use Sculpey for the clay.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-26 20:26:23

At 9/26/08 08:17 PM, El-Presidente wrote:
At 9/26/08 08:13 PM, LaughingTomato wrote: question: what kind of paint do you recommend?
Personally, I use the Warhammer Primer and Paint [Citadel Paint], but just because I already have it lying around from my Warhammer old days. I don't know if there are any others that people use, but I feel like that paint doesn't work as well without the primer, that's why I have that side-on. Also, I use Sculpey for the clay.

Yeah, I also use citadel because a: I have many left from my off and on warhammer shit and they're the highest quality paints that I can get without having to go like 349573894km away.
Any paints should work though with the exeption of watercolour, but you might want to try a couple different types using your school's/own paints before you decide on what you want to use.

Also, keep in mind your brushes. Ironically the fine bristles of a watercolour brush is probably the best choice if you want to diminish streaking OR if you want a matte look, you should use rougher canvas brushes made outta rough horse hairs. And remeber- brushes that are bought at a higher price from a specialty store will always be better than the ones you buy in a pack for a dollar at the corner store.

This reminds me I NEED A JOB TO PAY FOR ALL THIS but untill then RANSAKING THE ART DEPARTMENT'S STORE ROOM IS A GO.

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-26 21:57:38

I was expecting to see more concepts up by now :(
INSPIRATION, GET.

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-26 22:28:05

Half finish mspaint Samus + Metroid design for it, only a sketch, was gonna clean up in flash after but im not arsed finishin it. Someone can take the idea if they want. :)

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 00:09:20

At 9/25/08 10:42 PM, Luis wrote:
At 9/25/08 09:55 PM, Tystarr wrote: Are the arms removable? I tried but I didn't want to break it.
Proceed at your own risk :)

I have no clue if they sell them in Mexico, I do know that it is a PAIN to mail to mexico because things get lost there.

YEA they do.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 02:34:52

At 9/27/08 12:09 AM, Lalo wrote:

I have no clue if they sell them in Mexico, I do know that it is a PAIN to mail to mexico because things get lost there.
YEA they do.

Soooooooooo we cant get those teddies?

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 14:04:03

Sergeant Snuggles:

I got a bit lazy on the colouring but thats the jist of it ;3

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 15:59:49

The actual MyPlasticHeart store in NYC has these right? I don't want to walk down there for nothing... From the site it looks more like a gallery than a shop.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 17:40:38

At 9/26/08 04:30 PM, El-Presidente wrote:

Wait, are you mexican or something like that, becouse if you are you need to tell me how did you get one >:(

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 17:43:24

Lol heres solid snake

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 17:56:23

At 9/27/08 03:59 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: The actual MyPlasticHeart store in NYC has these right? I don't want to walk down there for nothing... From the site it looks more like a gallery than a shop.

They have it, thats where I got mine from. Its a lil shop, I was thinking it would be a gallery like place too.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 18:39:47

At 9/27/08 05:56 PM, Tystarr wrote:
At 9/27/08 03:59 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: The actual MyPlasticHeart store in NYC has these right? I don't want to walk down there for nothing... From the site it looks more like a gallery than a shop.
They have it, thats where I got mine from. Its a lil shop, I was thinking it would be a gallery like place too.

Awesome, thanks!

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 18:55:50

totally original two color in my style. put a lot of effort into this...

I love you! Who ever you are...

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 20:43:18

At 9/27/08 02:34 AM, mrwinneranimator wrote:
At 9/27/08 12:09 AM, Lalo wrote:

YEA they do.
Soooooooooo we cant get those teddies?

We can but at our own risk. If you wanna get one, ask luis (and pay him) for the best quality shipping, and send it back the same way, id say Estafeta or something expensive like that, otherwise theres quite a chance of getting it lost or super late. Both have happened to me :P

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-27 22:50:55

At 9/27/08 08:43 PM, Lalo wrote: We can but at our own risk. If you wanna get one, ask luis (and pay him) for the best quality shipping, and send it back the same way, id say Estafeta or something expensive like that, otherwise theres quite a chance of getting it lost or super late. Both have happened to me :P

shit, well maybe it isnt worth it.

sob :'C

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 03:39:41

Errr, did anyone else notice something subliminal?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 10:51:36

Haven't fucked up the pic quality on this one. With proper screws for eyes.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 11:31:02

I just finished a sketch of my the beardy teddy , (inspired by castle crashing, the beard)
it doesn't look like much though

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 12:32:12

At 9/28/08 10:51 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Haven't fucked up the pic quality on this one. With proper screws for eyes.

Wow I was going to do something with Ciruitry but chose against it since my craftsmanship isn't all that hot.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 12:35:04

At 9/28/08 10:51 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Haven't fucked up the pic quality on this one. With proper screws for eyes.

yeah you can probably get custom transfer sheets with angry faic done at a copy shop so it's perfect

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 15:20:40

These are some (rough) sketches

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 15:33:49

Since I have no artistic skills I don't mind giving away ideas... However I hope Im not the only person around that remembers MTV's "The Head" It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the blank! Either that, or some grossly retarded version of a character from TankMen.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 16:12:44

That's going to be really hard to pull off. Perfect circles are almost impossible, unless you're good at painting of course. It's just because you have tons of them, but I know you're a good artist, so that looks SWEET!

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 16:21:23

That's going to be really hard to pull off. Perfect circles are almost impossible, unless you're good at painting of course. It's just because you have tons of them, but I know you're a good artist, so that looks SWEET!

You can get perfect circles if you use a stencil.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 21:08:40

cool, I think I'll try a couple of these. they're really fun to do!

here's the first I've done; Trooper Aid. so like, first aid for these guys. I'd probably make the first aid signs a little bigger and more first aid sign proportionate on a real one, these + shapes are pretty long.

hope you guys like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-28 21:56:06

Here's my Roman Centurion (Soldier) ! I didn't want to put in the sword and shield because I don't want to have too many props in it. I think it turned out awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 07:11:32

At 9/28/08 04:12 PM, El-Presidente wrote: That's going to be really hard to pull off.

I know :( Thought my orange cat creature was too bland and un-NG, and now I'm just being fantastical.

Perfect circles are almost impossible

I just had a double-take to think of what circles you meant. Feel like a plank now. I've been more concerned about the ridiculous amount of straight lines.

HaHaBear had a genius idea about the transfer Angryfaic, so I could get a bunch of same-size circles banged out on the same sheet.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-29 08:21:11

Hehe heres one i made in like 20 min....kinda sukz......
THIS IS SPARTAA!!!!!

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.