Be a Supporter!

Abortion Womans right, or murder

  • 6,873 Views
  • 279 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Saruman200
Saruman200
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 07:15 PM Reply

I don't believe there's anything wrong with being pro-life, but why force your views when life begins on others? That's espicially true when you consider those pro-life people are a minority. If I believe life begins at birth, and you believe life begins at conception, why should you be able to stop me from getting rid of something I don't even believe is "alive"? That's nothing more than forcing your personal opinion on others


Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters. -Rosa Luxemburg
Ignorance is the root of all evil. -Molly Ivins
This is all I ask.

CaiWengi
CaiWengi
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 9/5/08 07:15 PM, Saruman200 wrote: Possibly the best point of the topic

I agree completely. Well said.


BBS Signature
ultrabitch
ultrabitch
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 5th, 2008 @ 07:39 PM Reply

Now I'm not saying abortion is something to be taken lightly. That's a baby in there. But when that baby's in the first trimester, I can assure you it looks nothing like a human being, and to call killing this blob of flesh an act of murder is just stupid.

Like I said, it's not a good thing to abort. But these people aren't saying "We love babies, and lets give some child support to this teenage mom to help the baby have a better life." They're saying "She committed the evil act of having sex before marriage, so fuck her and fuck her future. Pro-Blob!"

Oh, and they're not just saying that. The only reason they want to stop abortion is not because they love life - these are the same people who were pro-war in Iraq, you know. They're against giving out free contraception to prevent pregnancy, and against sex education in schools.

They only want to ban abortion because they're petty enough to believe:

1: God hates murder and killing the blob is killing life. This ain't about the girl or the baby. This is about God.
2: That if teenage girls never had sex, there would never be unwanted babies.
3: That giving out free contraception will only result in more teenage sex.
4: That teaching kids about sex in schools will also result in more teenage sex.

I assure you, that the most fanatical 'Pro-Life' people really do believe this. This is not a dig at anybody who is not stupid enough to believe this though, even if they are pro-life.

As for people who believe in adoption, well, giving up that baby is often a lot harder after nine months of carrying it around, giving birth and looking at it briefly before having it snatched away. That baby ain't gonna be too happy when they grow up and find out their parent isn't their parent and their real parent gave them up.

Sure, that is a life, and it could be anything or anybody. But if you ban abortion, it'll still go on. But it'll go on in dirty, horrible backstreet surgeries with unqualified doctors, places prone to infection and Dr. Nick type doctors. And they'll charge thousands because they're doing something illiegal that's in high demand.

Far better that it remains legal, regulated, and a decent price. And if you don't want abortion to go on, close your eyes the way you close your eyes to all the other problems in the world - like AIDS in Africa, the homeless, and the people who can't afford medical care.

SEXY-FETUS
SEXY-FETUS
  • Member since: May. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 01:49 AM Reply

Well since this is one of the calmest and civilized abortion discussions I've seen I want to bring this up in the hopes that it doesn't get broken down into another pro-life/choice screaming match.
Roe Vs. Wade for men
Of course it was struck down in court and there hasn't been any mention since that decision. But I'm curious to hear opinions from both pro-life and pro-choice people.


Our growing dependence on laws only shows how uncivilized we are.

kraor024
kraor024
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 05:51 AM Reply

I don't have a moral opinion but I do believe that prohibition of an action dosn't work so why risk the womans life if she decides to abort she is going to abort law or no law and no law means doing it in unreggulated conditions

Enishi
Enishi
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 06:23 AM Reply

I think that abortion is wrong. I think if a mother is raped or there is danger to the mother she should be able to have one. But not being responsible and having an abortion is wrong. Morally. But in this country women do currently have the right. I believe that it is between a woman and god/deity. If a oman can be a slut and kill her child she will be punished for it. I dont see how abortionists sleep at night but that is between them and god/deity. I think that people should use adoption as a method of getting rid of a child rather then sucking it out through a tube. As far as people saying birth control kills babies. It doesnt if you are on a normal dosage. My girlfriend and I had a very emotional time because she is on a very low dose of birth control just used to regulate her monthly. So me and her had sex I used a condom but it broke. She kept feeling odd after a couple weeks and she thought she was pregnant the month after hving sex she took a test it said negative. She started thinking she was pregnant but didnt know but she started being irregular and other stuff im not going to go into.Well she still kept feeling weird and when she went to her female doctor the doctor told her she had a miscarriage and was about 2 and a half months pregnant. The low dosage of birth control she was on caused her to have a miscarriage. We was both very upset because had we of known she was pregnant she would have stopped taking the bc. Thats one reason why it makes me sick because irresponsible sluts can go have their kid thrown away. But a couple that wouldnt mind to have a baby but was just being safe has to feel emotional pain like that. Now though my gf off her bc but still we using protection hoping it doesnt malfunction but if it does we are both finanically stable enough.


photobucket's html not working so This my sig mmk?

ultrabitch
ultrabitch
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 10:00 AM Reply

Seems to me that making a woman have the baby because she's a 'slut' isn't so much concern for the baby's life as punishment to a woman for spreading her legs. That's not just unjust, that's sexist too. Men would be a lot less ready to ban abortions if they got pregnant.

Yeah, how come women who get pregnant from rape get to kill babies, but women who get pregnant accidentally don't? *flails arms frantically* THEY'RE STILL MURDERERS!!!

You know, it's not saying much for a person's opinion of a baby if they believe a baby makes an excellent punishment for having sex. That's like saying "Babies are a curse."

Saruman200
Saruman200
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 10:00 AM Reply

At 9/6/08 06:23 AM, Enishi wrote: I think that abortion is wrong. I think if a mother is raped or there is danger to the mother she should be able to have one. But not being responsible and having an abortion is wrong. Morally. But in this country women do currently have the right. I believe that it is between a woman and god/deity. If a oman can be a slut and kill her child she will be punished for it. I dont see how abortionists sleep at night but that is between them and god/deity.

Because most of them (abortionalists) don't believe in a god/deity. I agree with them. Who are you to force your beliefs on me?

I think that people should use adoption as a method of getting rid of a child rather then sucking it out through a tube. As far as people saying birth control kills babies. It doesnt if you are on a normal dosage. My girlfriend and I had a very emotional time because she is on a very low dose of birth control just used to regulate her monthly. So me and her had sex I used a condom but it broke. She kept feeling odd after a couple weeks and she thought she was pregnant the month after hving sex she took a test it said negative. She started thinking she was pregnant but didnt know but she started being irregular and other stuff im not going to go into.Well she still kept feeling weird and when she went to her female doctor the doctor told her she had a miscarriage and was about 2 and a half months pregnant. The low dosage of birth control she was on caused her to have a miscarriage. We was both very upset because had we of known she was pregnant she would have stopped taking the bc. Thats one reason why it makes me sick because irresponsible sluts can go have their kid thrown away.

Who are you to judge. I hate it when people try to pin abortions on "sluts". You don't know the circumstances, maybe there married and they just don't want a baby. Maybe this is there first time and they hadn't learned proper safe sex proceeders. Don't make bullshit generalizations about people that have abortions, you don't know them, stop judging them.

But a couple that wouldnt mind to have a baby but was just being safe has to feel emotional pain like that. Now though my gf off her bc but still we using protection hoping it doesnt malfunction but if it does we are both finanically stable enough.

Now I respect your view. I don't hold it, but I respect it, but why should everyone have to adhere to your view. You believe an abortion is wrong...why? Because you don't want to kill the baby, right? But what if I only believe a baby is fully alive when it's born? Why should you stop me from killing something that I don't even believe if fully alive? To your earlier point, why should I have to answer to your God/Deity, if I don't even believe in God? See how illogical that is.

Think of it like this: a ban on abortion is taking away consituational rights: freedom of expression, freedom of speech (more like freedom of thought, not really literally freedom of speech), and freedom of religion. Why? Because a ban on abortion stops us from voicing are opinion: that babies are only alive at birth, or whatever other reason you don't feel an abortion is wrong. And why do some people feel abortion is wrong? Because of the church. So there goes a freedom of religion, because we're being forced to adhere to a Judeo-Christian value we don't nessicarily hold. Now, I don't believe there's anything wrong with having a Christian view on abortion, but pro-life people are a minority. And allowing a minority to force it's views on the majority is wrong.


Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters. -Rosa Luxemburg
Ignorance is the root of all evil. -Molly Ivins
This is all I ask.

ultrabitch
ultrabitch
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 10:14 AM Reply

It's got little to do with the topic in hand, but I'd just like to point out right now that while being pro-life, I don't believe in God. I believe there may well be something out there, but it doesn't have to be God. And it certainly doesn't have to be the Christian God or the Jewish God or the Hindu god, all of which are in fact basically the same God.

Maybe it is. But that's something for another debate.

If abortion is banned for all except rape, and the endangerment of a women's life, you know what will happen?

Young teenage girls who want rid of that baby may well start accusing their partners of rape, so they can abort the baby.

Oh, and older women may start paying doctors to say "Yes this baby endangers her life, so she can abort it."

adanac
adanac
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 10:57 AM Reply

A woman has the right to do what she wants her body but those stupid Jesus loving Republican fascists want it banned, so they can put women in a subservient position, cooking and cleaning shit.

Get the fuck back to your kitchen! A woman's place is in the home, not in the workplace.
Chickidydow
Chickidydow
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 11:25 AM Reply

Abortion is such a situational issue, it should be taken that way. Situation to situation, person to person, couple to couple. If you want an abortion there needs to be a fucking investigation. Family life, financial stability, circumstances of the conception, all of it needs to be taken into account and a court needs to rule whether or not the damn thing should take place. Ya, I realize this is pretty ridiculous for SOMETHING AS SMALL AS AN ABORTION (Sarcasm), but if a person really wants to get rid of the kid, they should be willing to make an effort and wait a bit, so it's not like a walk in, walk out, who gives a shit thing. It should be serious, it should be hard to achieve, I mean there is a POTENTIAL life at stake. Maybe not a literal one (depending on the case) but definitely one that in the future could be walking around.

This allows something else to happen. Say the applicants are low income, have six kids already, and really don't have the means to support another child. The court would know this. They could keep on them, take the child if the parents get negligent. I admit, this would take a lot of resources to pull off, a court hearing for each and every abortion, don't you think I don't know. But, to sweep all abortions under one big rug of generalization is just awful in my opinion. She gets raped, she might die, she's thirteen, she's a slut, she is a this that or the other. He is abusive, he's a deadbeat, he's a [Enter term of misandry here]. Too many variables to not take it on a case to case basis in my opinion. If your gonna do something, then by God do it right.


Teh Spoony Experiment. Click for a good time.

BBS Signature
Shaggytheclown17
Shaggytheclown17
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 9/4/08 03:42 AM, SynicalSatire wrote: A major dispute between the two presidential candidates is abortion. I personaly believe that abortion is murder, and that it should not be inlawed except for a few obvious resons.
1. rape or incest

2.danger to mother or childs life.

Most abortions are done just because the woman decided to have sex with a guy and now she's pregnant, everyone has a right to life even the recently fertilized fetus will develope into a functioning human

I agree, only is rare cases can a mother or child be killed to save the other which really isn't abortion at all if you look at it, if a mother were dieing because of something wrong and the child were to die anyway then I'm sure it wouldn't fit into the catagory of abortion, or if the mother had the problem and the child needed to come out at the expense of the mother's life.

Needless to say anyone who thinks abortion isn't wrong has their heart either in the right way but in the wrong place or in the bad way and bad place meaning people who just like to kill, evil psychotic people. A woman who threatens to abort her child if the father refuses to stay with her type of thing, its usually a defense mechanism that lowly stupid and desperate women use.

You don't need religion to know its wrong, its human fucking nature.


BBS Signature
Shaggytheclown17
Shaggytheclown17
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 10:57 AM, adanac wrote: A woman has the right to do what she wants her body but those stupid Jesus loving Republican fascists want it banned, so they can put women in a subservient position, cooking and cleaning shit.

Their body? Excuse me but allow me to kick your ass for saying that.
Is the DNA of an unborn child the same as the mother's? No, wasn't until the second the two reproductive cells combined.
Meaning...No, I'm afraid, an unborn child is NOT apart of the mother's body which then gives the opinion that abortion is murder, which it is.

Republican? Puh-leez, I'm independant voting for democrat, also why the hell would republicans want more people, theyre the ones sending them off to die needlessly.

Get the fuck back to your kitchen! A woman's place is in the home, not in the workplace.

That part I did find funny lol, yeah I'm sure things would be alot better is women had less rights or at least got the rights alot sooner, so much women are taking advantage of it n abusing it.


BBS Signature
CaiWengi
CaiWengi
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 12:41 PM Reply

To the guy bringing up the mens freedom issue, does that guy really think 500$ a month is the same as being a single mother and raising a child? I dont think so. Although it is making a point, and I would be very very pissed off if i was that guy, but I dont see any fairer solutions then what US law is now.

And to that joker making remarks about sluts and how its unfair they can have abortions when his partner had a misscarriage; stop generalising, your making youself look foolish

You don't need religion to know its wrong, its human fucking nature.

Human fucking nature? You get raped, and impregnated, and go through pregnancy, child birth, and then have a child whos face reminds you of the rapist, and tell me its human 'fucking' nature to of opted for an abortion.


BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 9/4/08 07:34 PM, CaiWengi wrote: And now you say but it would turn into a baby, and eventually an adult! But, if you agree with that, how can you justify the use of condoms or any kind of birth control at all?

because those sperms will die no matter what, all they do is carry jucies.

and if you view a young feteus as a fly you must be really fucking stupid.

its a human you idiot, from the momment its concived its a human.

besides, being aborted is a painful shiting death, its not better than adoption or even child abuse, the baby is ripped apart and thrown into the garbage.

PAINFUL SHITTING DEATH, RIPPED APART LIMB BY LIMB, THROWN INTO THE GARBAGE.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
tritiumnitrate
tritiumnitrate
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 03:23 PM Reply

I am curious as to why some of you say abortion should be illegal except in cases of incest and rape and protecting the mothers life. The latter I can understand but what makes incest and rape any different that a normal pregnancy? Just wondering what your justification is on that.

homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 10:57 AM, adanac wrote: A woman has the right to do what she wants her body

its not her fucking body, its a baby's body.

theres nothing you can fucking say, all abortion methods are painful deaths, its still a human, adoption is a much easier, cheaper, and more humaian option.

and no, the woman doesn't have a fucking choice, you know why? its someone else shes murdering.

unless you have a disease where the baby NEEDS to be aborted, theres no justification for abortion.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 12:41 PM, CaiWengi wrote: Human fucking nature? You get raped, and impregnated, and go through pregnancy, child birth, and then have a child whos face reminds you of the rapist, and tell me its human 'fucking' nature to of opted for an abortion.

go tell that to children who were the products of rape, see what their reactions are.

we were all fetuses once, to dis-own them is to dis-own ourselfs.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
SEXY-FETUS
SEXY-FETUS
  • Member since: May. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 03:23 PM, tritiumnitrate wrote: I am curious as to why some of you say abortion should be illegal except in cases of incest and rape and protecting the mothers life. The latter I can understand but what makes incest and rape any different that a normal pregnancy? Just wondering what your justification is on that.

The idea there is that the mother is held to a certain level of responsibility for the choices she has made. If she hasn't made the choice then it's easily argued that she shouldn't be held to the same level of responsibility.


Our growing dependence on laws only shows how uncivilized we are.

Diederick
Diederick
  • Member since: Mar. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 04:51 PM Reply

Induced abortion, in essence, is of course killing. But so is slaughtering a cow or harvesting corn.

The embryo (or foetus in a later stage) usually hasn't even developed a nerves system yet, so there wouldn't even be any response to the abortion (depending on the age) and the organism is simply sucked up and destroyed. But even if it does feel something, it should be no more inhuman than shooting a cow at the slaughterhouse.

Of course, this isn't about that, this is about the question whether you are killing a child of God, or if you're robbing a potential human of all of its potential greatness. Like they say, you might have killed Beethoven.

Firstly, belief in God is absolutely pathetic. So I won't even bother doing any of that nonsense.

Second, it is ridiculous to say that abortion eliminates potential; because that would mean that every time a woman's egg-cell is wasted in her monthly period, and every time a man's seed is wasted: a potential person is denied existence. It is pointless.

People should only get children when the child can grow up in a healthy environment, with the consent of both parents, who have no plans of getting a divorce yet. If a woman is raped, there should be no question about removing the child and the mothers right to be ridden from it.

Humans are also just animals; we should remain realistic and not get lost in our delusions of grandeur.


Why do you try to explain something yet unexplainable by logic, with something absolutely illogic and by its very nature unexplainable? What's the purpose of that nonsense?

Al6200
Al6200
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 05:43 PM Reply

What really annoys me about abortion topics and debates is how everyone is trying to pretend that all abortions are the same

Is an abortion at 7 months really anything like the morning after pill? In the former, there is a fetus with a brain, an EEG, developed tissues, and a pretty striking similarity to a born baby. In the later, there are basically a handful of undifferentiated stem cells. To think that we can tackle both issues in a single debate is absurd.

In reality, I think we can only debate abortion in a civilized and intelligent fashion if we split it into a few seperate debates, and establish independent policy for each debate:

1. Group of undifferentiated stem cells
2. Embryo with a basic neural tube
3. Fetus in the early 2nd trimester with a basic cerebral cortex that is not connected to the rest of the brain. Registers on an EEG.
4. Fetus after 20 weeks, that is able to feel pain.
5. Fetus after the point of viability (i.e, if the fetus was taken out of the womb it could survive with modern medical treatment).

Obviously there are certain Pro-Choice arguments that apply to all of the above debates, but most Pro-Life arguments are specific to one of the above periods. (If you're curious, I'd put the legal cutoff somewhere between 3 and 4).


"The mountain is a quarry of rock, the trees are a forest of timber, the rivers are water in the dam, the wind is wind-in-the-sails"

-Martin Heidegger

BBS Signature
MondayN
MondayN
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Personally, I think mothers who have decided to do an abortion right after finding out about the pregnancy should be allowed. However, if the baby is beyond, say, a certain age limit, there should be a law preventing it. They should be able to choose whether or not to live with something they regret for 18 years (or more!).

But people who are TOO strict about abortions are about as much fun as people who won't let you squish cockroaches because "What less value does his life have than yours?"
Well, I don't steal crumbs of HIS food.


Monday

CaiWengi
CaiWengi
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 03:21 PM, homor wrote:
because those sperms will die no matter what, all they do is carry jucies.

Wait till your 10 years old and do sex education before you start acting all scientific


and if you view a young feteus as a fly you must be really fucking stupid.

When did i say a young feteus is a fly? I said a fly is a more advanced form of life


its a human you idiot, from the momment its concived its a human.

Its in the human species yes, i fail to see how that makes me an idiot


besides, being aborted is a painful shiting death, its not better than adoption or even child abuse, the baby is ripped apart and thrown into the garbage.

Yes it is, the feteus doesnt know it exists, its less humane then killing a pig

Stop getting so personal about it

At 9/6/08 03:33 PM, homor wrote: go tell that to children who were the products of rape, see what their reactions are.

No, my whole point is that it isnt children we are aborting, and if they were killed as a baby, its not like they would be sad, because they would be dead

we were all fetuses once, to dis-own them is to dis-own ourselfs.

What?

A point ive thought of. Whats wrong with suicide? It hurts other people but the person involved. Lets say hypothetically there is a person, whom no one knows exists, and know one will ever miss in the slightest. For obvious reasons this person is very depressed, is it wrong if he kills himself? I think not.

Where am I going with this? This foetus is probably only cared at all about by two people, the parents, if they agree to get an abortion, who loses out? No one.


BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Member since: May. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 06:23 PM Reply

Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

malice aforethought: Not really as people usually don't hold get an abortion for malicious reasons.

characterized by deliberation or premeditation: You could make that argument.

or occurring during the commission of another serious crime: not at all

and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder). can't argue this as most people usually plan to get an abortion who do.

The problem is ultimately 2 fold. Is abortion a malicious act? Is a fetus a human being?

Part one, I don't think it is. Part 2, its easy enough to argue in either direction. Certainly a fetus can't live with out the mother. It has human dna, but it isn't fully developed into a fully functional human.

The worst part of this is that we can't say scientifically one way or the other, and even religions disagree. Maybe we should stop calling it murder and develop a definition for fetuscide. I'm personally pro-choice, but meh.


Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 06:20 PM, CaiWengi wrote:
At 9/6/08 03:21 PM, homor wrote:
Wait till your 10 years old and do sex education before you start acting all scientific

oh haha, thats so fucking funny.

you shouldn't be debating, you suck cock at that, you should be a comedian!

When did i say a young feteus is a fly? I said a fly is a more advanced form of life

that just proves my point.

Yes it is, the feteus doesnt know it exists, its less humane then killing a pig

PAINFUL. SHITTING. DEATH.

RIPPED. APART.

THROWN. IN. THE. GARBAGE.

why am i even explaining this shit to you? you obviously have a very jaded and moronic value of human life.

i hope one day you get married, and your wife gets pregnet, and i meet your kid so i can tell him that while he was in his mother's stomach his father thought he was preaty much dirt.

Stop getting so personal about it

kiss my ass, you're the one dancing around mutilated fucking babies.

At 9/6/08 03:33 PM, homor wrote:
is it wrong if he kills himself?

yes you fucking idiot.

its the wrong way out.

Where am I going with this? This foetus is probably only cared at all about by two people, the parents, if they agree to get an abortion, who loses out? No one.

a baby loses out on a chance at living.

oh, he also is ripped apart or posioned.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
CaiWengi
CaiWengi
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 07:59 PM, homor wrote: oh haha, thats so fucking funny.

you shouldn't be debating, you suck cock at that, you should be a comedian!

Stop getting so personal about things, its a debate about abortion, your acting as if this is a personal attack


When did i say a young feteus is a fly? I said a fly is a more advanced form of life
that just proves my point.

How so? Please explain

Yes it is, the feteus doesnt know it exists, its less humane then killing a pig
PAINFUL. SHITTING. DEATH.

RIPPED. APART.

THROWN. IN. THE. GARBAGE.

why am i even explaining this shit to you? you obviously have a very jaded and moronic value of human life.

i hope one day you get married, and your wife gets pregnet, and i meet your kid so i can tell him that while he was in his mother's stomach his father thought he was preaty much dirt.

What? When did I say anything like that? You need to calm down.

Stop getting so personal about it
kiss my ass, you're the one dancing around mutilated fucking babies.

What are you?


At 9/6/08 03:33 PM, homor wrote:
is it wrong if he kills himself?
yes you fucking idiot.

its the wrong way out.

Explain your point, dont just curse and make a statement if you cant back it up, it means nothing


Where am I going with this? This foetus is probably only cared at all about by two people, the parents, if they agree to get an abortion, who loses out? No one.
a baby loses out on a chance at living.

A chance at living? Do you accept the use of condoms? I take it as a no


BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 08:17 PM, CaiWengi wrote: Stop getting so personal about things, its a debate about abortion, your acting as if this is a personal attack

i'm sorry, i guess i should be alot nicer to you on the subject of mutilating fetuses.

How so? Please explain

my point was you don't value life, the fact that you put a fly above a human baby proves my point.

What? When did I say anything like that?

when you claimed that fly's were more advanced than fetuses, you...

You need to calm down.

you know what? maybe i do.

Explain your point, dont just curse and make a statement if you cant back it up, it means nothing

it means there are better alternitives to sucide.

a baby loses out on a chance at living.
A chance at living? Do you accept the use of condoms? I take it as a no

its not the same thing you fucking idiot.

sprems are going to die even if they get to the egg, even if thats unture there are millions of sprems with that one sprem, only that one sprem is going to make it.

i don't care when its a sperm or an egg, but once it becomes a human, i care.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
CaiWengi
CaiWengi
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 9/6/08 08:44 PM, homor wrote:
At 9/6/08 08:17 PM, CaiWengi wrote: Stop getting so personal about things, its a debate about abortion, your acting as if this is a personal attack
i'm sorry, i guess i should be alot nicer to you on the subject of mutilating fetuses.

Its a debate. Calm down.

How so? Please explain
my point was you don't value life, the fact that you put a fly above a human baby proves my point.

No, i think a fly is a more advanced form of life (fact) then a feotus, not a baby.


What? When did I say anything like that?
when you claimed that fly's were more advanced than fetuses, you...

Hows that mean i dont value life


You need to calm down.
you know what? maybe i do.

Yep


Explain your point, dont just curse and make a statement if you cant back it up, it means nothing
it means there are better alternitives to sucide.

In every situation? Thats a bit naive


a baby loses out on a chance at living.
A chance at living? Do you accept the use of condoms? I take it as a no
its not the same thing you fucking idiot.

Yes it is, either way a baby loses out on a chance of living.


sprems are going to die even if they get to the egg, even if thats unture there are millions of sprems with that one sprem, only that one sprem is going to make it.

So sperm are completely invaluble?


i don't care when its a sperm or an egg, but once it becomes a human, i care.

What and as soon as they touch it becomes human?


BBS Signature
CaddyCo
CaddyCo
  • Member since: May. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 09:06 PM Reply

Bottom line. I don't agree with it. I think abortion is murder. They call it a fetus to confuse people. No one knows what FETUS means, a lot of people at least. It means BABY in latin. If it said BABY, they wouldn't have passed the law because people would see it as MURDER. ABORTION IS MURDER!

Millar-56
Millar-56
  • Member since: Aug. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Abortion Womans right, or murder Sep. 6th, 2008 @ 09:15 PM Reply

They should be able to get an abortion if they do not want the child. If it is a 16 year old who gets pregnant they still want a life and finacially thery don't want a kid. And you ccoulddn't really give one up for adoption, you would always want to know how he/she is going, and it would torment you for the rest of your life. Adoption is the best bet, i meen condoms are 100 percent fool proof!


Signiture made by insertfunnyusername!

BBS Signature