Be a Supporter!
HolyPeanuts
HolyPeanuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 08:57 PM Reply

I never got picked on when I was a freshman.
I think that only happens to little pricks and assholes.
At least in my school.

"Is this not a reasonable place to park?"

BBS Signature
Toasty4you
Toasty4you
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM Reply

I'm a Freshman and nobody has picked on me the whole year. Surprisingly.

NG's Useless One Liner-er (just kidding Evark, don't ban me :S)

BBS Signature
LINKXIS124
LINKXIS124
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 9/3/08 07:46 PM, Yamor wrote: Why do people pick on the freshmen?

It doesn't really happen to me because I'm pretty much friends with everybody. I have noticed that lots of kids have been picked on though.

Is there any real reasoning behind this?

In high school should most people be mature enough to notice that this is more immature than kindergarten kids.

"OMG HE'S A YEAR OR 2 YOUNGER... LETS TEACH HIM TO NOT BE CONCEIVED ON A LATER DATE THAN US!!"

a kid tried that on me when he was in 8th and i was in 7th.
i got suspended (suprisingly my story was held up and i won the case and the fight)
ahhh good times

greecey
theFearX on youtube

Elemental-Sword
Elemental-Sword
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 9/3/08 07:46 PM, Yamor wrote: Why do people pick on the freshmen?

It doesn't really happen to me because I'm pretty much friends with everybody. I have noticed that lots of kids have been picked on though.

Is there any real reasoning behind this?

In high school should most people be mature enough to notice that this is more immature than kindergarten kids.

"OMG HE'S A YEAR OR 2 YOUNGER... LETS TEACH HIM TO NOT BE CONCEIVED ON A LATER DATE THAN US!!"

Because people are idiots.

-----OR------

The freshmen in question think they're the shit, and need to be punched in the face.

Those who come here with hate (and if your a douchebag) leave now, for hatred will only betray you.

CaddyCo
CaddyCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:05 PM Reply

Alright,
Freshmen where I am from, they dont' get picked on. It's not funny to pick on someone you don't even know or even IF you know them, it's wrong. If you DON'T know them, you don't know their backgrounds, what's happened to them as children or if they have some kind of mental disorder that'll send them over the edge, kill you, or kill themselves. But, here's the thing, the chances of that happen are unlikely UNLESS the way the so called "Upper Classmen" are going about their "hazing" (or whatever) is violent, cruel and just down right twisted. Those are the fuck nuts that need to be dealt with... Anyways, bottom line, I don't agree with it.

Now, on the subject.
These "upper classmen" have no reason for why they do what they do or no APPARENT reason I should say, and in all honesty, it doesn't matter who is being immature, inhumble or not. Either person has the ability to be the better person and walk away from those kinds of situations. It's horrible, though, when the situations get violent, and a child can't defend themselves. They BOTH get in trouble. I got in a fight once in middle school because they were shoving me around and all that crap, but I wised up and kicked the shit out of them, and I got in trouble. How fucked up is that? But, never highschool. If you ever fucked with anyone at my highschool, there would be gang wars for days, maybe even weeks, depending on how bad the offense was. So, I left that environment, now, I'm a freshmen in College. Hopefully it's different lol But, one thing to keep in mind, if these "upper classmen" are acting this way, and they haven't grown out of it since grade school, chances are they will NEVER change. Unless they have some kind of devine intervention or some shit, they will NEVER change.
-Arara-

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:08 PM Reply

Most people pick on freshmen because it keeps them from remembering how when they were freshmen a sophmore raped them in the bathroom.

BBS Signature
Mawxter
Mawxter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Reader
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 9/3/08 07:47 PM, RKThrilla wrote: Its because most of them dont know their way around the school and are obnoxious..

<thread/>

couldnt have said it better myself. i think its just a tradition by now for us older kids to give the freshman a very hard time. then when they're juniors or seniors, then they can do it to the freshman too.

when LIFE gives you lemons, make lemonade. then find someone who's LIFE is giving them vodka, and have a party

BBS Signature
catman03
catman03
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 9/3/08 07:46 PM, Yamor wrote: In high school should most people be mature enough to notice

There's your reason. High-Schoolers are immature and generally stupid. People get picked on everywhere where people are immature and stupid. So...everywhere.

We are the resistance, we are the underground, we are Newgrounds: home of the original cock joke.
The world takes everything too seriously.
This is not a signature.

Samen
Samen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At my High School, no one pics on anyone, especially out side of their grade level.
Kinda odd how that worked out.

Leo625
Leo625
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:23 PM Reply

As a senior I can finally understand ... the freshmen just look so small, confused, and scared it's just hard not to wanna fuck with em.

On the plus side freshmen girls are really easy to hook up with because being older and having a car just gets em wet.

DISCLAIMER: I was not sober during the making of this post.

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 9/3/08 07:46 PM, Yamor wrote: ... because I'm pretty much friends with everybody.

Haha, this phrase perfectly embodies the idea of freshman being arrogant little punks. They go from being the 8th grade 'big' kids to being the 9th grade 'bitches,' but can't seem to understand that they're not still king of the castle.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
WooldoorSockbat
WooldoorSockbat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:32 PM Reply

I just started College and nothing has happened to me, must suck though I guess.

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature
paintballr
paintballr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:33 PM Reply

my high school goes 10,11,12
and i don't pick on sophmores, so ya.

forgive me if my sig is wrong

BBS Signature
lilscientist
lilscientist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 3rd, 2008 @ 09:35 PM Reply

Future columbine. What happens if you pick on just the wrong person, and they have some kind of mental condition that you didn't know about? There goes the school and everyone in it.... I just try not to be a dick, i know some of the juniors and seniors so i don't have to worry about it.

It rubs the lotion on its' skin or else it gets the hose again.

BBS Signature
CaddyCo
CaddyCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 9/3/08 09:28 PM, El-Presidente wrote:
At 9/3/08 07:46 PM, Yamor wrote: ... because I'm pretty much friends with everybody.
Haha, this phrase perfectly embodies the idea of freshman being arrogant little punks. They go from being the 8th grade 'big' kids to being the 9th grade 'bitches,' but can't seem to understand that they're not still king of the castle.

Haha

Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 9/3/08 07:47 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Yeah. Thank god we dont have freshmen in britain.

Still fun to attack the year 7's.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
Impalement
Impalement
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 03:51 PM Reply

normally i wouldn't have a problem but this year every fucking freshmen is a scene fag.

PinballWizard976
PinballWizard976
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 03:57 PM Reply

Why? Because it's so much fun! Last year when I was a freshman, people played jokes on me all the time, and most of them I found pretty funny, and I've even used them on the freshman this year. Like, our highschool is a campus, and there are 7 buildings on it. So, one good thing that I've done is run up to a freshman and say "Hey, where is building 3?" (while you're in the lobby of building three). Most people gave me a blank stare, or "I dunno", but one kid said "isn't this it?" I told him no, and that we were in building 4. So, he exits, and goes to the completely wrong building, and most likely was tardy. Good times.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 04:00 PM Reply

In England that doesnt seem to happen in college, in school maybe as schools are full of immature children.

I have recieved no hatred so far also people have probably noticed my difference and not insulted, mature students are the better side of the comunity.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Magnester
Magnester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 04:04 PM Reply

My friends a freshman and he got a slash in his back because he ran into a senior.

Impalement
Impalement
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 9/4/08 04:04 PM, Magnester wrote: My friends a freshman and he got a slash in his back because he ran into a senior.

oh god, is he dead?

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Artist
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 04:06 PM Reply

I've always thought the idea of making fun of new-starters at school or work is just stupid. I've never done it, and I never will. I've endured such nonsense though. It's another sign of how pathetic people can be.

Madman08
Madman08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 04:28 PM Reply

cuz freshmen is only two letters away from freshmeat

BBS Signature
ForcedDj
ForcedDj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 09:16 PM Reply

Some are assholes(the people who pick on the Freshmen). But mostly, its because the freshmen are usually emos, sluts, retards who never shuts the fuck up about their Myspace, or acting like they own the place. I told one of the freshmen to stay away from a person's seat because if he stayed there, a one-handed junior would beat the shit out of them(a person I knew that was a freshman(I was a sophomore at that time) pissed off the one handed guy, and the freshman lost.

In other words, Freshmen usually act like they own the place, are sometimes sluts or emos, and try to boss people around. They need to learn that they are now the "bitches" and the "puny little students" and not the best. I was a freshman, and I knew that I wasn't the best, and I didn't act like I owned the place.

Asian Users Club, Fighting racism since 1882.
Sig made by: InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature
arcansi
arcansi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Freshmen... Sep. 4th, 2008 @ 09:17 PM Reply

Because it's not okay to be a freshman.

True story...

BBS Signature