sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 07:15:34 Reply

At 9/8/08 05:05 AM, jossospro wrote: haha this made me laugh. Thats basically saying "I made the whole song its a 100% mine. All i did was use someone elses music, idea, tune, beat and vocals. other than that its all mine!" But srsly your a douchebag i wish i could listen to the song so i can flam u too, but just saying this based on what u said...
cheers.

I don't know if you get the big picture of the rule "You didn't made it", as much as i hate "duplo" music made exclusively out of premade loops (E-jay and Garbage Band), taking out all the samples, loops and "not yours" stuff would take out 80% of original music, so, i repeat myself and say again:
now, what I disagree with NG rules is about samples and "YOU DIDN'T MADE IT":
1-you can make original work using, let's say, drum samples
programmed drums will NEVER sound like a real drum and we don't have all drummers in our basements ...
taking out drum loops will take out more than 80% of rock/metal from here

2-also, in Reason you have several violin sounds sampled (I'm not talking here about the violin sound, I'm talking about phrases, minor and major scales ... the tone is named "VNS Runs")
there are more (some clarinet and brass too) ... that makes stuff made with Reason illegal to NG ?

3-also collabs, having "here is my band, i play trumpet there" ... who made the bass? well the bass player. AHA !!! you didn't made it... so, it's not your work
shit, that would make my "guitar challenge" illegal, also Rig's works with female singers ... is not HIS voice, is it (doesn't matter that is original work, matters that was someone else singing it... or ...)
also my recordings with Silvia ... :(

jossospro
jossospro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 07:28:34 Reply

At 9/8/08 07:15 AM, sorohanro wrote:
A bunch of dum bullshit

ur gay idc if you depend on others to make your music. get a few $ together and buy a decent program, not some piece of shit made to put gay loops together. those things suck period, and sound noobish to the /\/\AAAXXX

TheDeadMan69
TheDeadMan69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 07:59:53 Reply

stop being such an emo kid. jeez

Help Me Bloggity The Abscence of Essence is the Essence of Absence.

BBS Signature
Xenocidebot
Xenocidebot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 09:54:22 Reply

At 9/6/08 11:34 AM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
At 9/6/08 10:40 AM, Xenocidebot wrote:
At 9/6/08 07:56 AM, sorohanro wrote: if you buy it, with the rights and specifically for mixing, still, here is not really allowed (weirdly I say)
Boom, there goes every drum machine known to man...
Hope you all record your own percussion!\
That is sequencing your own melody note for note. Which is a direct interpretation of what is in your warped minds. By samples, (and here: for the over analyzers), it means looped or semi looped melodies, where your only hand is pasting them together, in an uncreative way.

Otherwise anything made from Fruityloops, reason, etc...would not be allowed. Keep nitpicking, though. Why don't we all just throw up our interpretations of the bible, while we are at it. Anything can be picked apart. You just need to not over analyze shit. Take it for what it is, or what the people in charge of the site TELL you what it is, and be happy newgrounds allows YOU to upload your music. (semi protecting it from others).

No rules/laws anywhere are fucking perfect. Laws/rules are created by man. Man is flawed. Period. As a mod, we only do the best we can with what is provided.

I'd be happy to take it as what the site's owners told me it was while I was here- yet that's the first time I've ever heard "sample" take that meaning. Fair enough, now I'm satisfied, answered my question. Could've outright said that though, not gone into a diatribe.

Although I must lol at "semi protection". Yes, you gentlemen do a fine job of upholding copyright law and removing violations in a timely manner...

BBS Signature
CaddyCo
CaddyCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 10:13:03 Reply

Here's the deal.. People on newgrounds, yeah, they CAN be assholes. But, here's the thing, also. You seem like the kind of person that can't take criticism. If they think it's fake, they think it's fake, but that doesn't give you any motive, except for that you can't take peoples opinions, to be a complete jerk and call people gay or assholes. Seriously, I'm asking you nicely, just let it go? If you DIDN'T steal it, then why are you making such a god damn fuss about it? Take a chill pill, be confident, and move on. If it gets blammed, move on. If you get ridiculed, move on. If you get resented because you're whining, move on. Life is too short to worry about who the fuck said what, why the fuck they said it, and how the fuck they said it. I can't make it any more clear. GET OVER IT.

THANK YOU :D

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 10:56:15 Reply

At 9/8/08 10:13 AM, CaddyCo wrote:

CaddyCo pretty much just shutdown this thread. Thank you for that.
This conversation, is over.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio Latest Track: Infinity Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Nintechno
Nintechno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 15:37:10 Reply

At 9/8/08 10:56 AM, TMM43 wrote:
At 9/8/08 10:13 AM, CaddyCo wrote:
CaddyCo pretty much just shutdown this thread. Thank you for that.
This conversation, is over.

Indeed, well put Caddy ^-^

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 16:12:50 Reply

^ Not really. I guess you guys operate under the principles of pacifism... If someone calls your ORIGINAL (in your mind) work out as fake, you are morally and ethically obligated to stick up for it. We've already gone over what his thoughts were, so don't drudge it up again for argument's sake.

Winston Churchill:

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stuck up for something at some point in your life."

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period.

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 17:02:52 Reply

At 9/8/08 04:12 PM, jrhager84 wrote:

-Joel

Thank you sir. I have a new signature.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 17:32:00 Reply

At 9/8/08 05:02 PM, S3C wrote:

-Joel

I try. Thanks. I just think it's the ultimate disservice to your work if you just let it get tossed around. I'm not talking about being unreasonable, but "letting" your work go is unacceptable in my eyes. I guess I just have a weird way of viewing things....LOL

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 18:27:11 Reply

At 9/2/08 12:30 PM, illaMay wrote: NG IS FOR ASSHOLES.

NOT RLY!

newgrounds is for assholes

CaddyCo
CaddyCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 18:45:10 Reply

At 9/8/08 05:32 PM, jrhager84 wrote:
At 9/8/08 05:02 PM, S3C wrote:

-Joel
I try. Thanks. I just think it's the ultimate disservice to your work if you just let it get tossed around. I'm not talking about being unreasonable, but "letting" your work go is unacceptable in my eyes. I guess I just have a weird way of viewing things....LOL

-Joel

Right, but the fact is, there are OTHER ways to stick up for yourself without being an asshole in return. Nice quote, it's true, but this kid seriously needs to quit fighting with everyone because they don't agree. He can fight without throwing punches. Jesus christ. >:[

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 18:53:45 Reply

At 9/8/08 06:45 PM, CaddyCo wrote:
At 9/8/08 05:32 PM, jrhager84 wrote: I try. Thanks. I just think it's the ultimate disservice to your work if you just let it get tossed around. I'm not talking about being unreasonable, but "letting" your work go is unacceptable in my eyes. I guess I just have a weird way of viewing things....LOL

-Joel
Right, but the fact is, there are OTHER ways to stick up for yourself without being an asshole in return. Nice quote, it's true, but this kid seriously needs to quit fighting with everyone because they don't agree. He can fight without throwing punches. Jesus christ. >:[

I agree wholeheartedly, there just seemed to be an onslaught of people who are very passive and dismissive about their music. Granted, he should have went about this a different way, but I'd be just as pissed off if I didn't get any explanation, or a flimsy-at-best one. Either way, it will be a learning experience for us all, and an opportunity to think of ways to avoid things like this in the future.

-Joel

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 19:23:49 Reply

At 9/8/08 07:28 AM, jossospro wrote:
A bunch of dum bullshit
ur gay idc if you depend on others to make your music. get a few $ together and buy a decent program, not some piece of shit made to put gay loops together. those things suck period, and sound noobish to the /\/\AAAXXX

Well, keeping in mind that I've finished Music Academy, worked 7 years in State Philharmonic and 2 years in National Opera, made music for 15 theatre plays, 3 movies and a musical that is now on National Theatre of Targu-Mures ... I guess I'm quite a noob

also I'm as a side musician on 5 albums of different bands and my album will be out in September ;)

As about Reason being a "piece of shit made to put gay loops together" ... you should ask around

ur gay idc if you depend on others to make your music.

well, I guess that ALL people that play in a band are gay if they don't play all the instruments at the same time
btw, i play: trumpet, keyboards, guitar and bass, so, what instruments do you play ? may I ask before I apologize for not playing drums ...

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 23:30:00 Reply

At 9/8/08 07:23 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 9/8/08 07:28 AM, jossospro wrote:
A bunch of dum bullshit
Well, keeping in mind that I've finished Music Academy, worked 7 years in State Philharmonic and 2 years in National Opera, made music for 15 theatre plays, 3 movies and a musical that is now on National Theatre of Targu-Mures ... I guess I'm quite a noob
also I'm as a side musician on 5 albums of different bands and my album will be out in September ;)
As about Reason being a "piece of shit made to put gay loops together" ... you should ask around

ur gay idc if you depend on others to make your music.
well, I guess that ALL people that play in a band are gay if they don't play all the instruments at the same time
btw, i play: trumpet, keyboards, guitar and bass, so, what instruments do you play ? may I ask before I apologize for not playing drums ...

Yeah, the guy you quoted obviously doesn't know anything about anything.

Jossospro:
Just because you record analog sound all the type doesn't mean you're a total badass that should be respected. Calling reason a POS for putting loops together isn't even close to what it's capable of. Why not go full monty dude? If you need an instrument to make music, you're a pussy who doesn't know anything. I make all my sounds with my own body.... (want to see a sample of my music?)

Grow up dude,

-Joel
P.S. I operate a home-studio and use both analog AND digital sounds for mixing. Blasphemy? I think not.

BBS Signature
Zooloo75
Zooloo75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 23:54:31 Reply

At 9/2/08 10:43 PM, illaMay wrote: i can live with it getting 0'd, but deleting my songs because i did a remix is fucking ridiculous. if newgrounds takes off my song remixing a nas song then they should most definitely take off all the fucking tetris remakes.

Without reading anything past page 2...I think they should take off all the remixes that are bland midi rips.
The remixes that have a changed/improved melody is an original remix.
But don't act like a douche just because you got your song deleted.
I don't really want to bash you for using an accapella (Since thats Rucklo's job :P) but if your going to put lyrics into your songs, then please be original and put your own vocals into it instead of someone elses.

I hope you learned from the above wall-o-text, and enjoy your stay in Newgrounds ;)

Zooloo75
Zooloo75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-08 23:57:12 Reply

Oh and...ASSHOLE!

darkride196
darkride196
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 00:13:43 Reply

There's really not much else to discuss.

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 02:49:46 Reply

At 9/8/08 07:23 PM, sorohanro wrote: btw, i play: trumpet, keyboards, guitar and bass, so, what instruments do you play ? may I ask before I apologize for not playing drums ...

You quit playing tuba man??? I'm quite disapointed ;_;

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 03:33:38 Reply

At 9/9/08 02:49 AM, S3C wrote:
At 9/8/08 07:23 PM, sorohanro wrote: btw, i play: trumpet, keyboards, guitar and bass, so, what instruments do you play ? may I ask before I apologize for not playing drums ...
You quit playing tuba man??? I'm quite disapointed ;_;

actually the principles of playing tuba are the same as trumpet, but just bigger ;)
with violin and oboe I didn't try yet, and I never will, cause oboes are gay in major :))) and violin ... why using violin if you can be cool and play guitar ?

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 03:40:58 Reply

double post due to the lack of "Edit" button :(
Thanx jrhager84 for your words

Nintechno
Nintechno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 05:40:30 Reply

At 9/9/08 03:33 AM, sorohanro wrote: and violin ... why using violin if you can be cool and play guitar ?

lol, dont you DARE insult the violin!!!! The strings are the most bestist and awesomesomist parts of music! Haha!

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 06:00:34 Reply

:)) sorry ... :))
actually if you play in an orchestra, you'll see that every violinist have his own tuning and don't want to give up to it ... :))

also i checked on jossospro's profile, the guy who insulted me, he is using the "Orchestra Hit" sample all over his "jossos medicore" ... but he's against sampling ...

Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 07:51:49 Reply

At 9/9/08 03:33 AM, sorohanro wrote: and violin ... why using violin if you can be cool and play guitar ?

Hey, violin is cool, too ! As for proof, i play the violin, and i'm cool !

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 11:13:44 Reply

At 9/9/08 07:51 AM, Deflektor wrote:
Hey, violin is cool, too ! As for proof, i play the violin, and i'm cool !

ok, ok ... violin is cool ... :)) trumpet also ... all instruments in fact are awesome.
even virtual ones.
how about sampled ones, as i wrote before, "VNS Runs" from reason is actually a sample of violins playing scales, is using it illegal on NG ?

side question, there are a lot of synths (even Cytrus from FL) that play rhythmical patterns, what is the difference between those and rhythm loops? according to the "YOU DIDN'T MADE IT" rule, you didn't played the notes, you didn't programed the patches, is a F@#in' preset >:(

and a fact that I noticed, many of those who are against sampling and make a BIG issue out originality, those make "UNCE UNCE" techno (I'm not talking about Bad Man Inc who is a very good musician)

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 14:34:22 Reply

People are quick to jump on each others' shit, that's all. People on here LOOOOOVE telling people they're noobs or crappy or whatever. Elitism is definitely a problem on NG...Oh well.

-Joel

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-09 15:17:53 Reply

well, better Elitism that Etilism

jossospro
jossospro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-10 03:53:02 Reply

At 9/8/08 11:30 PM, jrhager84 wrote:

a bunch of stuff foel wrote

Grow up dude,

-Joel
P.S. I operate a home-studio and use both analog AND digital sounds for mixing. Blasphemy? I think im gay

not sure wtf ur saying plz sexplain in english

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-10 06:36:14 Reply

At 9/10/08 03:53 AM, jossospro wrote:
At 9/8/08 11:30 PM, jrhager84 wrote:

a bunch of stuff foel wrote

Grow up dude,

-Joel
P.S. I operate a home-studio and use both analog AND digital sounds for mixing. Blasphemy? I think im gay
not sure wtf ur saying plz sexplain in english

Hi josh, welcome to the world of music where musicians really know what they talk about.
A lot of musicians that make electronic music use "the Real Thing", like the real analogue synthesizers (Moog, Roland Juno, Fender Rhodes ...) and they think about using digital and virtual instruments as a cheap and unprofessional solution.
about

well, you just discovered FL witch is not a professional solution and I discovered it in 2001 (My first love... I still make some stuff with it)
1- you called me a noob and I've finished Music Academy, worked 7 years in State Philharmonic and 2 years in National Opera, made music for 15 theatre plays, 3 movies and a musical that is now on National Theatre of Targu-Mures .
Also I'm as a side musician on 5 albums of different bands and my album will be out in September ;)
meanwhile I have on NG over 40 songs, some fav'ed by over 40 people and you have 4 "Unce Unce" techno songs
2-you called Reason "piece of shit made to put gay loops together" and that is one of the most powerful sequencers which comes with very powerful analog synthesizer emulators, some very versatile samplers and drum machines.
Actually is so good that bands like The Prodigy or Clawfinger use it
3-Also you are very much against using samples but at the same time in your song Jossos Medicore you use all over it the "Orchestra Hit" which is a sample of a Orchestra playing same note on all instruments ;)
so, if you think like "ur gay idc if you depend on others to make your music", I wonder how many of those instruments did you play, or you depend on others to make your music ?

hope that is English enough for you