Hmmsdmsdsm this isn't going anywhere like most threads so bump

Zombified
Zombified
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-09-28 00:13:31 Reply

At 8/28/08 12:49 AM, guido730 wrote: no one you know owns an xbox?

...........what??

how many friends do you have? like 2?

Not everyone has an Xbox you know, I know they're common but it's not like it's a must have.

BBS Signature
zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-09-28 00:56:32 Reply

Woah

Flame war?

and

eFIGHT!!

i hope theres e-blood

BBS Signature
Dikehead
Dikehead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-11-25 07:57:12 Reply

For those who are still want a awnser on the question.
this is what they say:

Is this coming for any other platforms/PC?
If we balance our team/time/money/options for port work, it is always a possibility. No other platforms have been announced.

So if whe are lucky there wil be a port bud for now no sry.

Yacazuma
Yacazuma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-11-25 10:23:30 Reply

At 8/28/08 09:14 AM, Patonki wrote: You know that much more people have a PC than a pathetic Xbox? That is why it is potentially more profitable to release on PC.

How is releasing it on the PC more profitable? Did you even consider piracy? Sales would go DOWN because of piracy, rather than actuallly buying it on the 360, they can just download it for free through piracy.

BBS Signature
xnathanx
xnathanx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-12-04 19:32:18 Reply

Alright, this contraversy has got to end. People, and all that crap. YOu Switch it to PC compatable, then you have it sent to steam, so that the game wont work, unless u buy it from steam, and like 10$? id buy it ina heart beat, leave the online game play, so u can get into groups and rooms, or play a single player version, i mean yea itll be a B!tch to make, and switch, but damn it, u add a online item shop, special crap, ull have more money from that then XBLA. i mean Halo 3 looks good, but Ps3 pwns. COD4, and COD5. Not mush better u can get, and no PC gamers dont just think of All those things, yea there good, but Castle Crashers Would be the next MMORPG, tho its small xD Its ironic. People Get ur heads together, and think, maybe if u got enough programmers together, and all helped and what not, it get done, i mean right now i kinda hate Tom, cause he made JUST FOR xbox, and thats the one thing NO ONE has. I hope he'll wise up and figure it out. Make for PC so all us Newgrounds PPL can play it and be the f--k happy.

sir5000
sir5000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-12-04 21:11:12 Reply

At 8/28/08 12:35 AM, Patonki wrote: I've been wondering for a while, why isn't Castle Crashers on the PC? Releasing on the PC, is pontetially much more profitable. You could release on Steam, as they have many small indie games.

I really wanna try Castle Crashers, but no one I know even owns the Xbox 360.

You know what? You make a terrific point there. It is much more exploitable than the 360. With a computer, you are usually closer to the internet connection. With a 360, you are more likely to place it in a spot in which the Wi-fi signal is weaker. Also, there could also be the nice PC-GamePad compatibility option. Also, you can even chat!

BBS Signature
wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-12-04 22:45:07 Reply

you offended EVERYONE

CORRECT

Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-12-05 05:53:19 Reply

yea

eddythanoob
eddythanoob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-12-27 19:22:07 Reply

a big part about CC is its multiplayer the game probly would not be as fun with out and the real way to play multiplayer is online but you cant chat online on a PC so.....
----------------------------------------
---------------------

dude we have mics and they could make a typing box . it probably is possible to have it on pc it would just take some work.

Toastman7007
Toastman7007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2008-12-27 22:02:46 Reply

I'm sure you can try for a Xbox emulator (though I doubt this is the case), or someone has remade it into a PC game. I'm sure someone out there has done it.

NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this, then it is because your computer is possessed. You will need force a reload of the internet's lifeline, or kill it completely.

BBS Signature
Anzariel
Anzariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-01-13 05:50:16 Reply

I'm not saying people are poor because they don't have a 360, it's just that everyone who complains about CC, always seems to say they don't have any money,

In fact its the other way around. I have a 1.500$ PC and a Wii. and from the Xbox, onlyCC interests me (Since most of the good games will be on pc too anyway). So why buying another consiole when I have a powerful PC, it would be stupid and expensive.

In short: CC on steam=somewhere around 10-20$ maybe.
Buying CC with a Xbox= much more

Anzariel
Anzariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-01-13 05:53:21 Reply

At 9/27/08 06:38 PM, xIDoL wrote:
At 8/28/08 07:52 AM, Patonki wrote: I know that it isn't easy to port from one platform to another, but if the makers of Castle Crashers were thinking right, they should have understood that making the game for the PC would be much more profitable.
I doubt it. Why would anyone go out of there own way to buy a disc for castle crashers, when you can easily download it from XBLA.

You doubt it? hellooooo, why do you think bill gates is this rich? Mc Donald?
Some of these people having pc will pirating it, but a LOT MORE will buy it

homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-01-13 07:36:57 Reply

i once PM'ed tom about a possible PS2 port, he sent me this reply, i think it works well here too:

"Sorry, but there aren't any plans to release Castle Crashers on PS2... It would be really hard to port over and would require a lot of changes to keep performance up to standards. -Tom"

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Stukje
Stukje
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-01-21 09:59:49 Reply

I don't live in America, and that might be one big reason none of my friends have a xbox. The Xbox isn't very popular in European countries...

lol it is just as popular

PotatoCornChips
PotatoCornChips
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-01-21 12:38:16 Reply

When Iwas in Europe they didnt even stock 360 games in most stores only PC , and a tiny amount of Wii and PS3.

-

TheDraxor
TheDraxor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-01 17:42:32 Reply

At 8/31/08 04:53 AM, Patonki wrote: Alright, I understand. The piracy can be quite effectively solved by releasing on Steam, as Steam games are quite hard to get, if not impossible to get.

You could always do what Blizzard did.... Online Multiplayer on Battle.net made it pointless to pirate the game until 20 years later when they don't care about it anymore...

skyler182001
skyler182001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-01 19:14:57 Reply

everyone's a faggot

Armissea
Armissea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-01 19:48:38 Reply

It wouldnt be financially intelligent to launch a game that everyone already has on the xbox and only would wanna play on the xbox for the PC

skyler182001
skyler182001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-01 20:03:17 Reply

At 2/1/09 07:48 PM, Basspro55 wrote: It wouldnt be financially intelligent to launch a game that everyone already has on the xbox and only would wanna play on the xbox for the PC

your mom is financially intelligent

John-The-Biter
John-The-Biter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-01 20:44:47 Reply

If you could port it that easily, it would be great. But after years of work, it would take that much or longer to port it. A small company like the Behemoth doesn't have the manpower to port a game to that many consoles in a reasonable amount of time.

Due to complaints about my last signature having the incorrect use of "there" I am now changing it to fuck you.

Scrotaculous
Scrotaculous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-02 15:01:22 Reply

At 12/5/08 05:53 AM, DanPaladin wrote: yea

yea to the second power.

BBS Signature
VJoe10
VJoe10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-19 21:27:11 Reply

I wish it was on every platform.

Pendragon92
Pendragon92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-19 21:53:21 Reply

okay... ignoring the whole flame war and looking at the programming aspect of it...

if CC was made using XNA and C# it would not be too hard to port the majority of the game to PC

however, as CC was designed to utilize the specific XBL network, it would be difficult to modify the networking aspects of the game to utilize a server network that Behemoth would likely have to buy/design themselves.

Patonki
Patonki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-02-20 07:20:11 Reply

I think it would be a good idea to port it to the PC, when nobody is buying it anymore on the 360. Kinda like what Microsoft did with Halo and Gears (and Sony with Burnout Paradise)

On the quest to rid this world from World of Warcraft
My Newgrounds account ---- Command and Conquer Crew ---- Computer Construction Crew

BBS Signature
BrokenIdeasCompany
BrokenIdeasCompany
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-03-06 06:20:17 Reply

And one thing i wanna say, is that this game is created either on a PC or Mac and then Betemoth used XBLA to convert it to X360. I didn't mention that this game was for PC because of that , it's just that it was made for X360, so don't start a new figth anyone.

Discussioner of Pink Raccons, Dumb Politics, Usual Trolling/Stupidness and such.

BBS Signature
Arthuria99
Arthuria99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-03-06 12:10:55 Reply

At 8/28/08 12:35 AM, Patonki wrote: I've been wondering for a while, why isn't Castle Crashers on the PC? Releasing on the PC, is pontetially much more profitable. You could release on Steam, as they have many small indie games.

I really wanna try Castle Crashers, but no one I know even owns the Xbox 360.

if castle crasher released in pc version, i'll surely buy them

Coming Soon :
Wave Warrior Sonic EXE 3: Garnet Version
DeviantArtPage --- Facebook ---My Youtube

BBS Signature
Afro-wolf
Afro-wolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-03-06 17:43:56 Reply

At 8/28/08 12:40 AM, Wurmy wrote: You people seem to think that porting a game between consoles is an easy job. No, it's not. The game was made for the 360.

It's a fucking glorified dedicated PC

more specifically XBLA.

Have you not heard of Games for windows live? It's the same fucking thing, you can even merge it with your XBLA gamer account.

It's made to run on the 360, with a controller. You can't just take it, switch up the controls and have it work on the PC.

(You fucking retard) Almost all GFWL games have xbox 360 controller support, Shadowrun, GTA 4, halo 2 and gears of war to name a few.

:You have to adjust to the new hardware, which is completely different from the 360.

(facepalm.jpg) Look inside your fucking 360, what do you see? A processor? a Disk drive? a hard drive? and a graphics card!? Holy fucking shit, stop the presses, they have the same components.
actually thats a lie, my comp has even more components, fuck it, a pc is more powerful than a console, period. It would actually run CC even better...

This process can take months (usually more) to finish, then you have to debug it, etc..

It's just a list of variables etc, and with something as adaptable as a pc, it shouldn't take that long!

Long story shot, you can't just port it and have it work magically. Things don't work like that.

*laughs* Didn't you know the halo series was actually made for PC and it didn't take them a lot of time to port it to the xbox... Now don't you feel like a retard?

If you miss him, AfroPON is here...
I like cats
Remember Decent?

BBS Signature
MasterBalls
MasterBalls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-03-06 17:58:07 Reply

If you really want to play it that badly, get a 360. Behemoth are already working on their next game, and I doubt it'll be a port (although a PSP version wouldn't go amiss) of a game they worked hard enough to get out in the first place.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-03-06 19:31:10 Reply

At 8/28/08 12:55 PM, WritingPad wrote: I don't think it ever will be on computer or any other console, it was originally made just for XBL, the chance of it being re-done for another console is low.

I dunno, depends on how greedy Tom feels. If the cost/benefit ratio was high enough, I'm sure he and his team and the Behemoth might consider it.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature