00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters

94,166 Views | 631 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-29 11:33:58

At 9/29/08 06:23 AM, Ryuzaki1 wrote: Oh steve, you daredevil you!
Full size (Better quality/size)

I like that one...

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-29 16:10:46

we're all gonna die eventually

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-29 16:34:22

At 8/24/08 12:36 AM, Heinrich wrote: Free/Downloadable Pograms:
These are free but major drawbacks can include a lack of tools that professional programs have and can be very inefficient when it comes to professional photoshop.

GIMP

Wait wait wait.....

My lack of artistic talent exists. People in threads use photoshop. I use GIMP. Mine are sometimes better. Also, name five important tools GIMP no can has.

n/a

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-29 16:42:54

At 9/28/08 05:30 PM, THEJamoke wrote: We're packing 20 pounds of KICK ASS into a 2 pound sack!!!

you failed math, didn't you...

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-29 19:44:13

EXTREEEEEEEME DOGWALKING!!!!!!! YEEEEEEHAAA!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-29 20:23:34

Extreme skydiving!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-29 21:37:23

EXTREME HIGH DIVING

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-30 12:14:23

EXTREME DENTISTRY

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-09-30 19:50:58

I'll show you pussies how to carve a bird!!! WHO WANTS A DRUMSTICK?!?! EXTREME THANKSGIVING!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-01 12:28:06

Extreme sailing

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-01 20:33:27

When does the contest end?

Because I'm grounded 'til Friday lol.

And my parents get home in a few mins, so I don't have time to do mine D:

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-02 01:48:30

Well, now.

Back on the Art Forum about a year and a half ago, we had this little weekly competition called "Photo Manipulation of the Week." Some of the contributors to this thread might remember it.

As I recall, there was a fighter jet that was used as the base photo one week, and I superimposed its image over that of a monster truck for the competition. Despite this photo being rather old, I find that it somewhat suits the theme in question here.

HQ Version

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-02 02:29:17

My entry for NGPHQ:

EXTREME WRESTLING!!1!one!

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-02 02:30:21

Pic:

lol, my bad.

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-02 16:48:33

I need some font downloading help, I download them from dafont.com and then put them in Windows > Fonts and they work in Word and other programs except GIMP what I kind of want them to work in.

These are really good aswell and will really help me out.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-02 17:36:30

At 10/1/08 08:33 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: When does the contest end?

Sunday, when the winners are announced.

Because I'm grounded 'til Friday lol.

And my parents get home in a few mins, so I don't have time to do mine D:

EXTREME GROUNDING!!!!!!

At 10/1/08 09:04 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Jesus Christ I have so many ideas for this contest that I can't even put it on the canvas.

EXTREME SHOPPER'S BLOCK!!!!!!

At 10/2/08 01:48 AM, Bolo wrote: Well, now...

Wild Bolo appears!
Bolo used Photoshop.
It's super effective!

At 10/2/08 04:48 PM, jjrmet wrote: I need some font downloading help, I download them from dafont.com and then put them in Windows > Fonts and they work in Word and other programs except GIMP what I kind of want them to work in.

I hope this helps:
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-using-fonts .html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I want to thank Poozy for the inspiration for this next one.

EXTREME LOGGING OFF!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-02 17:45:44

At 10/2/08 05:36 PM, THEJamoke wrote:

EXTREME LOGGING OFF!!!

Niiiice

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-03 05:16:17

I dont get the purpose of this club are we gonn apost some pics then um... let somebody edit them???

I did this just right now it looks horrible

JAYE 19 | Flash | Advertise Here |

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-03 09:32:37

Hey guys, Nikenick here!
I'm using an alt since I need 1 more post on my main till 2000, and I want to make an epic thread.

Contest #4 Entry

EXTREEEEEEEEME RACING!
THE MOST AMAZING RACE YOU'VE EVER SEEN, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS DANGEROUS RACE!?!?!
ZOMG!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/031008/5 5727_extreme_copy.jpg

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-03 20:43:12

I know this isnt a sig thread, but I would first like to say Im willing to try my hand at any sig requests, if you need a sig. Ill be happy to do it.

K on to the good stuff...

This picture is something I made entirely from scratch. Its supposed to be a desktop background, but I decided I'd show you. The Idea was completely random

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-04 10:27:59

EXXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMEEEEE EEEEEEEEE!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-04 11:13:22

Extreme flirting!

awwww

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-04 19:53:29

Do you want EXTREME DANCING? You got it!

Here's Dancing on the Coals!

not to be confused with dirty dancing...

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-04 21:04:03

Extreme Photoshopping!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-05 04:11:08

At 10/3/08 05:16 AM, Jaye19 wrote: I dont get the purpose of this club are we gonn apost some pics then um... let somebody edit them???

Read the other 10 pages of the thread so far, starting with the first. Sheesh...

I did this just right now it looks horrible

Looks fine. Reminds me of Officer's style, with a little less polish but a good amount of creativity.

At 10/4/08 09:04 PM, The-One-And-The-Only wrote: Extreme Photoshopping!!!!!!!!

I don't know why but I lol'd so hard at that! HAHA!

It's been a while since a new tutorial's been posted, and it just so happens I have a good one laying around. So by request from The-One-And-The-Only, here's a technique that's fun and simple, and can give you some practice with that annoying and often overlooked Pen Tool.

This tutorial requires a good stock photo to work with, something of hi res that has a subject that will be accented well with some flare. Darker pics work great for this, and especially black and whites, but any pic will do as long as it's clear and sharp.

Photoshop Tutorial: Neon Energy Lines

Open the base pic, then go to the Paths tab in the workspace and click the "create new path" button.
Select the pen tool.

1.) Click at the starting point of where you want the line (or swirl) to start and lay down a path marker.
Click your next point, hold and drag to create a "Bezier spline" path, which is necessary to create flowing lines. You can curve the line any which way. Continue laying down more points, making the path for where you want the energy to flow. Play around and see how many groovy curves you can make.

Don't worry about getting it perfect the first time, you can change the path at any time. If you press and hold CTRL while using the pen tool you can edit the path and re-shape it any which way.

If you are wrapping the energy line around a subject, remember that you are only going to use the parts of your path that aren't "behind" the subject, so don't worry about making it totally perfect since there will be some erasing involved.

2.) Once you are done making your path, select a standard round brush, set the pixel width to something small, like 3, 4, or 5, and the Hardness to between 30-50%, then select what ever main color you want the energy to be. Make a new layer on top of the subject/background layer. Go back to the paths tab, right click the path and select "stroke path." Don't worry about the "simulate pen pressure" button, but keep in mind that if you are using some special add-on brushes you can get very detailed stroke paths and create some nice effects (I will cover this some other time.)
Now you have a color filled stroked path.

3.) Click the Layers tab and go to the blending options for the layer. Use the Inner Shadow, Inner Glow and Outer Glow options to give the line it's neon-like flare. Select the colors you want to accent the main color, for example if you use orange as the main color you can use yellow for the inner glow and red for the outer glow to make it fire-like.

Use the following settings for each blending option:

Inner Shadow:
Blend Mode: Multiply
Opacity- 30%
Angle- 75
Distance- 1
Choke- 0
Size- 0

Inner Glow: (you can set the option to "Center" put the inner glow color running through the middle of the energy line rather than the outer edges, see which one you prefer more, but for starters stick with "Edge.")
Blend mode- Color Dodge
Opacity- between 60-80%
Noise- 0
Choke- 30
Size- 155

Outer Glow:
Blend Mode- Lighten
Opacity- between 60-80%
Noise- 0
Spread- 0%
Size- 10

*you can also use Bevel and Emboss to give it a slightly more 3-D effect around the edges. It's up to you, but keep in mind this can interfere with the colors sometimes.

4.) Duplicate the layer with the energy line, and set this new layer's blend mode to Overlay. Open back up the Blending Options and turn off all the options except Outer Glow. Use these settings for this layer's outer glow:
Blend Mode- Lighten
Opacity- between 60-80%
Noise- 0
Spread - 3%
Size- 30

**Optional 5.) If you are wrapping the energy line around a subject, now is the time to erase the parts of the line that you want to appear as if they are "behind" the subject. Be careful and don't forget that you have two layers that need to be erased, not just one.

6.) Take this last opportunity to adjust the line path by holding CTRL with the Pen tool. Click the Paths tab one last time and delete the path and BAM. You should at this point have a rather snazzy looking energy line that you can create again and again with different colors for super effects. You can even duplicate the process and wrap an energy line around an energy line!

If you have any special brushes like "grunge," "fire flares," "speckles," "splatters" or anything that can make random particles you can add little flares and sparks to your energy and really make it stand out. Make lasers, neon signs, glowing ribbons, plasma flares, what ever you can think of.
Have fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-05 04:23:16

Here's a little screen cap of me working with this technique to illustrate the potential. As you can see, I'm using the lines to create a "wrap-around" effect on the subject. A quick image adjustment to black & white to bring the colors in the energy line out a bit, some Color Replacement tool, a bit of background for ambiance...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-05 04:31:47

...and finally, some speckle brush and blur tool, a quick lighting adjustment, and just for shits-and-giggles an artistic filer over the subject layer. Voilà, nothing professional or extravagant, but you get the idea of what you do with this fun and foolproof tutorial.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-05 11:18:41

At 10/5/08 04:11 AM, THEJamoke wrote:
Photoshop Tutorial: Neon Energy Lines

Nikenick here again,

Pretty awesome, I never worked with blending option before and the lines are cool so thanks for the tutorial!

I just made my own tutorial:

Tutorial - How to create 'dreamy' wallpapers.

1.) Go to File > New and make a document with Width: 400 pixels; Length 400 pixels and resolution 300 pixels/inch ( any other setting will do too though)

2.) double click on the background layer to unlock it, just call it Layer 0
Make another layer, and use the paint bucket tool to make both of the backgrounds black.
Now select the top layer.

3.) Go to Filter > Render > Lens Flare.
Now you're in the Lens flare option, try to get the cross with the red surrounding right in the middle, exactly on the yellow. Just likethis
It's hard when you do this the first time, so take your time to make it fit perfectly.

4.) Now go to Edit > free transform and change the circle to an oval shaped form.
You can do this by dragging the 'upper middle square' down and the 'lower middle square' up. Make sure that it looks like something like this
Then press the enter key to confirm that transformation.

5.) After you've done that, copy that layer and turn the blending mode to 'screen'
Now go to Edit > free transform, hold down shift and rotate the copied layer vertically.
Press the enter key to confirm that transformation.
Your picture looks like a cross now.
Copy the first layer again, put the blending mode to 'screen', then go to Edit > free transform, hold down shift and now rotate the picture again, 45 degrees on the other ( diagonally).
Now repeat the last action only now with 135 degrees.
Your result will look like a 'flower', just like this
If it looks like that, go to layer > merge visible to put all these layers in 1 layer.

6.) Go to filter > distort > wave , this will open the wave option panel.
Now you can play around with these settings, but make sure that your result won't be too small or too large.

The settings I used are:
Number of generators: 183
Wavelength: min: 85; max: 132
Amplitude: min: 5; max: 10
Scale: horiz.49%; vert 33%

I get a different picture every time I do this, and your 'flower' won't be the exact same shape as mine so you might get a different picture when you use my settings. So as I said, just play with it!

I got something like this

If your picture is too small or too big, don't panic, this is how you solve it:
So if your picture fits perfectly, you can skip this part:

----------------------------------------
--------------

Make a new layer, then use the paint bucket tool to make the background black.
Make sure that the new layer is under the 'waved lens flare' layer.
Now to go the upper layer and use Edit > free transform, hold down shift and alt and drag one of the 4 corners to the middle, to make the picture smaller.
Now go to layer > merge visible and then you made your picture smaller!

Just do the same thing if your picture is too big, but instead of dragging a corner to the middle just drag it from the middle away.

--------------

7.) Copy the waved layer and turn the blending mode to screen.
Go to filter > twirl , this will open the twirl option screen.
Now you can twirl the picture to the left or to the right.
Don't twirl it too much, because you'll lose the lighter spots that way.
I used a twirl of 366 for my picture, but just try to see what looks the best
This is what I got

8.) Duplicate the twirled layer, and go to edit > transform > ???
??? means that you're free to use any of these options:
Rotate 180 degrees
Rotate 90 degrees CW
Rotate 90 degrees CCW
Flip horizontal
Flip vertical

Just go wild! =b
Duplicate the layer a few more times and make sure that the blending mode is set to 'screen'
Rotate and flip all a few layers until you got a nice picture.

9.) Now that you made a nice picture, you might want to change the colour.
Go to layer > merge visible to put all the layers together.
Then go to create new fill or adjustment layer ( it's in the layers panel all the way down) and choose the colour that you want!

Congrats! You made yourself a 'dreamy' wallpaper!

* Copyrighted by Nikenick *

I always wanted to say that ;)

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-05 14:27:52

Seeing Jamoke's tut reminded me of something I have lying around. Made this a while ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters 2008-10-05 16:27:14

Man, my computer's being a slow piece of shit right now... >:c

So slow that I didn't even get to 2nd part of THEJamoke's neon tutorial thing without my computer crashing. :/

BBS Signature