New Topic Respond to this Topic
NX177
NX177
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
WHy you started making music... 2008-08-23 23:21:41 Reply

I want to know why u guys like to do ur music.
is it cuz its fun?
popular in ur area?
love music?
or is it just the thrill?

i can tell you that i love making music for the people and having a good time. i have met a few cool people here just from submitting my audio. i thought that was cool. idk, but tell me why...

Essence <- newest Dance/Trance/Techno/Breakbeat song
Into the Assault crazy trance/techno loop
MSN - neill@live.com

BBS Signature
jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-23 23:36:45 Reply

At 8/23/08 11:21 PM, NX177 wrote: I want to know why u guys like to do ur music.
is it cuz its fun?
popular in ur area?
love music?
or is it just the thrill?

i can tell you that i love making music for the people and having a good time. i have met a few cool people here just from submitting my audio. i thought that was cool. idk, but tell me why...

Born to? That's all I got. It's the only thing I've ever done, ever. I guess I'm cursed, eh?

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-23 23:42:24 Reply

heard b0unc3 and paragonx9, and said "wow I wanna make music like them"

I remember the day now.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 00:17:53 Reply

I just wanted to have fun. I remember when I was deciding what instrument I was gonna beg my parents for I thought to myself "do I want to look cool with a guitar, or do I want to have fun with a drum kit?"

Bass was also in mind and still is :P

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

SMA
SMA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 00:22:50 Reply

At 8/23/08 11:36 PM, jrhager84 wrote: Born to? That's all I got. It's the only thing I've ever done, ever. I guess I'm cursed, eh?

Second that. I'll even add, it's the only thing I've ever been good at. It's a compulsion, a sickness, a need. I have to make music.

p4c
p4c
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 00:29:49 Reply

At 8/24/08 12:17 AM, Quarl wrote: I just wanted to have fun.

ditto. i got into idm/glitch when i was like 12, and then i downloaded psycle a few years later, which made my mind blow up, but got me hooked.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 00:37:02 Reply

At 8/24/08 12:29 AM, p4c wrote:
At 8/24/08 12:17 AM, Quarl wrote: I just wanted to have fun.
ditto. i got into idm/glitch when i was like 12, and then i downloaded psycle a few years later, which made my mind blow up, but got me hooked.

:)

That made me happy... dunno. I'm weird. Never heard of psycle but I can just google that right now.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

XenoxX
XenoxX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 01:13:09 Reply

At 8/23/08 11:42 PM, Bjra wrote: heard b0unc3 and paragonx9, and said "wow I wanna make music like them"

I remember the day now.

same thing but CNB was in there too!

BBS Signature
PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 01:26:59 Reply

I got FL by putting "Music Creating Program" into Kazaa a long time ago (FL 3 to be exact) and I started making really gay and stupid drum beats. Eventually I started putting little lame non-musical instruments in there like guitars and synths and whatnot, and my friend showed me a trance song.

I recognized a bunch of the sounds from sounds I found/made in FL, tried my hand at it, and it turned out really well. The rest is history.

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 01:37:44 Reply

At 8/23/08 11:42 PM, Bjra wrote: heard b0unc3 and paragonx9, and said "wow I wanna make music like them"

I remember the day now.

hell I'm going back even farther in my memories now.

I started music making even before I discovered b0unc3 and paragon.

it was a ride home from school, when I thought of some lyrics over the song "Godzilla" by blue oyster cult. I remade it "todzilla". If you guys want it ill upload it :P

granted I had no idea about music production at all. all I had was a mic, a cassette recorder and windows recorder.

I recorded the vocals with the mic. then recorded me singing guitar noises while the computer was playing, and recorded this onto the tape recorder. then repeated into the computer again.

I made about 30 songs like this. then a buddy of mine said "hey check otu fl. the rest is history. it was after i found fl that i found new grounds. and paragonx9 and b0unc3. then histroy was set in motion.

i messaged b0unc3, and we became pretty good buddies, he sort of mentored me int he real early stages of my production. talking to him I started to realize it might be possible for me to amke a living off of my music! our contact fell off after a while though.

i continued making songs in fl for several months. this is about 2 years after the first "todzilla"

then I made friends with T7, who used cubase. eventually i got it.

granted i still was a music noob after 2 years. I just made songs randomly, with no form. trying to make trance with b0unc3 was the closest thing to form i did, but those songs blew ass.

then I found renwerx and their game "ascension". I said "alright, let's do this. I started producing tracks for them knowing if i made. I've since produced around 50 songs for the soundtarck, but this is another story entirely.

around a year ago I began to break away from ascension and move back to trance, electronica for listening, not playing. 50 songs doing this,a nd now I'm where im at.

i still have a lot of room for improvement. but I am damned glad not only to be where i am right now, but to have taken the journey i did. hell it's my life story! when I'm famous I'll be telling this shit :D

The more and more songs I amke, the better my production skills become, and I'm 100% confident I'll be able to be famous and make a living one day. I've never lost any skill, only gained.

I've taken the long hard road I think, but it's taught me persistence! some musicians might make music for enjoying the process, and some might become incredibly good after 6 months (yeah you :P)

Thats it, my story about my music and how i started

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 01:55:44 Reply

I heard kingbastard, some one told me about FL studio got number 5 and worked with it all day and night because I had NO life. I was confused because i grew up listening to a lot of hip hop so i wanted to only make that for some reason, i was a stupid child.

I still consider everything I create hip hop...

Lapse
Lapse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 03:18:33 Reply

I've always had a need to create. Before music i really enjoyed drawing (still do) but i've always really had a passion for music and always wished i could play instruments, or wished my mother would've gotten me into piano lessons or something when i was a kid. A went to a summer college thing in Minneapolis for video game design at 'MCAD' and the roomate for the two weeks i was up there used FL studio and had been for a while, and i got the downloads from him and tried my hand at it. I played around with it for a few months but figured there was too much to learn and stopped for about two years. My computer dies. I finally get a new one after the two years...i decided to try at FL studio again. Really try. I always had fun making the simple crap i used to and i always wanted to make sounds like what i listened to. So i just kept on making tracks. Now i've been using it for about 5 years. Its limitless and i've never had stale feelings when i start making music. It has always been fresh, and i've always had something creative to apply myself to. Thats why i do it. I find such a great joy in doing it. Its always rewarding!

Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 04:00:42 Reply

I just do it because I want to be famous like ParagonX9/Bounc3/envy/Cornandbeans/dimra in47 and get used in a million flash submissions get worshipped and recieve a ton of PMs, and reviews and comments that I don't even bother responding to because it makes me look important....

I choose choice A. because making music is enjoyable. It's not a job. Music serves me, not the other way around. I wouldnt have it any other way. of course, i wont lie i recieve inspiration from popularity and recognition, but it isnt my main incentive to make tracks. i'm happy for any people that like my creations along the way even if its just my mom.

HLG
HLG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 04:21:06 Reply

its something to bring up in conversations

MJTTOMB
MJTTOMB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 06:38:12 Reply

My parents tell me that when i was a small child, i heard music in my head.

I started writing 2 years ago about because i was forced to change my elective, so i picked some musical class on a whim.

BBS Signature
studio-nightbird
studio-nightbird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 07:56:26 Reply

Well when i was young i use to play the piano alot. i stopped but got back. I was inspired to come back and do music after listening to some NGs audio. gave it a shot and here i am ;)

Developer
Developer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-08-24 08:09:08 Reply

I've got a good friend who was making music for his vioce acting. I listenned to his tracks and desided to make something worthy too.
Actually I think I started writing music when I was learning how to play piano, a pity I can't remember any melodies from that time.

GnRfreek
GnRfreek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-01 16:22:36 Reply

Cuz i got a friend who can record music and he recorded ton of things on his computer and i wanted in

and i love music

The stench of death will bleed into the void....

for other Teletubbies quotes please goto www.teletubbies.com

KgZ
KgZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-01 16:39:28 Reply

money baby :O

I wanna be like soulja boy yeah

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

sculpted-cold
sculpted-cold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-01 16:42:05 Reply

I was never good at anything else.

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

Phoog
Phoog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-01 16:52:31 Reply

At 9/1/08 04:39 PM, KgZ wrote: money baby :O

I wanna be like soulja boy yeah

I fucking lol'd.

As for me, I could write a story, but you won't want to read it. So I'll keep it short(ish).

I was always the kid that wanted to be different, so I was listening to metal, eventually I got hooked and just sitting there listening to it got my adrenaline going. After that I heard GoreBastard used FL (from ArthurGhostly - not the best source for info, mind). So I googled it, downloaded the trial, got making some crappy tunes. I started with ambient, I worked into other genres. I'm now on Happy Hardcore type-ish stuff.

The reason why I make it?
It gives me a buzz, a high, it controls my emotions, how I feel, regardless of whatever else. I don't care if no one ever hears my tunes, I make it for me.

Alchemist94
Alchemist94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-01 17:17:44 Reply

I make music as a way of letting out all the emotion building up inside me. Otherwise I'll EXPLODE! D:

Koriigahn
Koriigahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-01 17:19:24 Reply

At 9/1/08 04:52 PM, Ambimetric wrote: It gives me a buzz, a high, it controls my emotions, how I feel, regardless of whatever else. I don't care if no one ever hears my tunes, I make it for me.

:')
*Sniffle*

BBS Signature
AlxEllis
AlxEllis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-01 17:56:25 Reply

I always wanted to make MY OWN music i got tired of listening to other ppls so i decided hey i might make my own

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done" - Leonardo Da Vinci

BBS Signature
Gloudas
Gloudas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-02 00:32:02 Reply

i decided I wanted to start making music after I heard winterbliss by cycerin. As soon as I heard that song something just clicked and I realized that I should be making music as well

best decision I've ever made

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

VirtualClepto
VirtualClepto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-02 02:25:16 Reply

Hmm... I started making music so that I would have a talent that I couldn't get injured for.

Always good to have one of those right?

"By the power infested in me, shall you all live in infamy."

BBS Signature
PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-02 02:29:35 Reply

At 9/2/08 02:25 AM, VirtualClepto wrote: Always good to have one of those right?

I beg to differ, the amount of punishment my hands have received thanks to drums are uncountable D:

VirtualClepto
VirtualClepto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-02 02:45:50 Reply

At 9/2/08 02:29 AM, ZENON wrote:
At 9/2/08 02:25 AM, VirtualClepto wrote: Always good to have one of those right?
I beg to differ, the amount of punishment my hands have received thanks to drums are uncountable D:

Actually I think that's from beating your cock, Drums just egged it on didn't it?

DIDN'T IT?

"By the power infested in me, shall you all live in infamy."

BBS Signature
wyldfyre1
wyldfyre1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-02 04:22:25 Reply

Well I grew up with music in my life all around. My father played the guitar and has been a in a few bands I've learned a instrument or two to an extent by ear but never kept a real interest in them. Got a little older and got into a band myself. Loved it so much and kinda missed that feeling after the group disbanned and everyone else went on their own merry way. Long story short. Grew up around music and still love it to this day.

emotion is music.

Juresic
Juresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to WHy you started making music... 2008-09-02 08:36:58 Reply

I enjoy it and it is a passion for me..

It also seems to run in my family... My pops plays the Guitar and sings, my Gramps played just about anything, my great great grandma played the flute.

I play the Clarinet, Sax, Bass Clarinet, Keyboard and my Computer of course. =D