Jin1291
Jin1291
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Help me Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 05:06 AM Reply

Hey guys,

I've decided i want to make music but I don't know where to start.
Can anyone tell me equipment/programs that can help me get on my way?

Thanks

Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Help me Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 05:32 AM Reply

Hey guys,

I've decided i want to make music but I don't know how to read a sticky.
Can anyone tell me how to use atleast the search button or where I can find the "new to audio? read this first" so I can help prevent these type of topics that are made dailly?

Thanks

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/rules_audi o

Carf
Carf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Help me Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 05:34 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 05:06 AM, Jin1291 wrote: Hey guys,

I've decided i want to make music but I don't know where to start.
Can anyone tell me equipment/programs that can help me get on my way?

Thanks

Well congrats with your decision. Keep in mind that this could be the last day of your social life.
Where to start... build up experience that is the first important thing. Learn the programs and find one you feel comfy with. Most people around here are Fruityloops - Cubase or Reason users. There are lots and lots of pages around who show you the basics, even here on the forum there are tons of people around who are willing to help BUT makin music is not a thing which you learn in one day. It takes (yes guys there I go again) YEARS of trying and playing around, and if you keep going on, there will be a day that you fix something which just gives you *that feeling*. Just that track which shows you that you are on a good way. Believe me, making music means headache, its one of the most complicated forms of creativity if you ask me. But at the same time, one of the most free form of art that is around ;).

My first advice would be, find a program what fits you (magix ? ;p) DONT be scared by the tons of *things you can press or turn/twist* its a thing you have to get used to. learn how the basic of *wave forms* are created and how you can edit it, and make sure you got a feeling for rhythm or else... well its just like trying to use a skateboard without having any balance...

Good luck....................................
............................ maybe we see you back in the AP in about a few years...................................

C!

Jin1291
Jin1291
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Help me Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 06:15 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 05:34 AM, Carf wrote:
Well congrats with your decision. Keep in mind that this could be the last day of your social life.
Where to start... build up experience that is the first important thing. Learn the programs and find one you feel comfy with. Most people around here are Fruityloops - Cubase or Reason users. There are lots and lots of pages around who show you the basics, even here on the forum there are tons of people around who are willing to help BUT makin music is not a thing which you learn in one day. It takes (yes guys there I go again) YEARS of trying and playing around, and if you keep going on, there will be a day that you fix something which just gives you *that feeling*. Just that track which shows you that you are on a good way. Believe me, making music means headache, its one of the most complicated forms of creativity if you ask me. But at the same time, one of the most free form of art that is around ;).

My first advice would be, find a program what fits you (magix ? ;p) DONT be scared by the tons of *things you can press or turn/twist* its a thing you have to get used to. learn how the basic of *wave forms* are created and how you can edit it, and make sure you got a feeling for rhythm or else... well its just like trying to use a skateboard without having any balance...

Thanks for the info, its really appreciated.