New Topic Respond to this Topic
PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 05:04 PM Reply

man its hard to make it in the bizz... espeacially when your making music nobody really listened to before... but now they are sooo i have a couple of steps for you and your band to not give into those big corps....\
1) Dont play what everybody plays ( For example my band plays DnB and Rock And Metal all in one and sperate) Play something new. First people wont like it that it starts to seep in and the next thing you know is that u get like 20 Downloads day and 100 profile views too (on myspace)
2)Well i dont think there is anymore... wait.... yeah never ever give in.... those are the ways for big corps not get and you stay indpendent yup thats how im doing it

Click Here Mofos

(>**)>JESUS H. CHRIST Is Who I Follow<(**<)

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 05:36 PM Reply

To make it in the bizz:

1. Make easy to listen to, short, pop-ish or rock-ish music.
2. Have connections in high places.
3. Live near to a large city.

Do all 3 and you will make it. Otherwise, good luck.

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 05:52 PM Reply

hey thats a good idea... do you want to help me and a couple of my friends sign on bands check out my PARASITIC-PRODUCTIONS wants you post... if you want to join as a staff member contact me at Parasitic_Productions@yahoo.com or PM me

nameless11
nameless11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 8/19/08 05:36 PM, Nav wrote: To make it in the bizz:

couldnt of said it better..its quite sad actually.. mainstream music and how to actually be succesful in the music industry. It leaves no room for much innovation.

I dont know what the fuck to write here

BBS Signature
Gloudas
Gloudas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 20th, 2008 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 8/19/08 05:04 PM, PARASITIC-TOYs wrote: man its hard to make it in the bizz... espeacially when your making music nobody really listened to before... but now they are sooo i have a couple of steps for you and your band to not give into those big corps....\
1) Dont play what everybody plays ( For example my band plays DnB and Rock And Metal all in one and sperate) Play something new. First people wont like it that it starts to seep in and the next thing you know is that u get like 20 Downloads day and 100 profile views too (on myspace)
2)Well i dont think there is anymore... wait.... yeah never ever give in.... those are the ways for big corps not get and you stay indpendent yup thats how im doing it

Click Here Mofos

I'm pretty sure your "step," (making unique music) directly translates into making good music. Thank you for that brillant tip. For years now I have been making generic and shitty music because I thought that's what would get me all teh munny, but it looks like the key is instead making good and original music.

Oh and by the way, if you ever want to be a famous writer, don't write shitty books, write good ones.

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

endlessnumber
endlessnumber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 20th, 2008 @ 09:05 PM Reply

no, actually shit sells.

Zooloo75
Zooloo75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 20th, 2008 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 8/20/08 09:05 PM, endlessnumber wrote: no, actually shit sells.

Yep, it's a lil thing called cRAP.

Carf
Carf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 03:25 AM Reply

These days the *bizz* aint about music anymore, altrough it never did, it became worse. These days its Sony, virgin, time warners, an all the other big EA like companies that OWN the music scene, the create, manipulate, and let you buy 100% pure shit! Take a look at a goddamn top 40 or 80 or 100 or whatthefuckever, its ALL the same. As an example, 75% of all music that you hear on commercial radio, is produced, like its a 9 to 5 company who create hits!
Its quiet fun that I actually wrote a lyric about this years ago, and I am gonna share it with ya all weeh!

If there is one who will stand tall, love for his music and will never fall for the big boss making *that* commercial hit, no I keep going on with creating my own shit. But so many peeps walk over that easy, fall for that big prize and dont see shit and becoming a puppet for sony or another music phony, who milk you out like a dutch cow, and all you DO is thinking WOW when you call your bank account, but you forgot and get used to the commercial sounds, forgot your roots, the place you came from! You once sounded great but now you sound like a fool punk!

Just a little part but it more then fits teh subject... it was in the days when little carf still tried to create some hiphop before he realized that trance was just more his thingie ;). altrough I like to make a beat from time to time. But personally, I rather quiet my hobby then that I become a commercial slut!
I just love my creativity but I am not a whore for the big companies.

Rantmode off...

Lapse
Lapse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 04:56 AM Reply

Shit does sell.

so does good stuff.

it all can sell.

However, its your ideals behind what you do. Also, respect. I figure if you keep making music in your own way, your bound to be noticed slowly and surely. Keep making good music. Make it the way you want to make it. Make it for yourself. If other people catch on, then good for them. You should make 'good' music. We all now what good is and what bad is. there's a gray area, yeah. You have to figure that out. Whatever your goal is in music i guess? Do you want to 'make it big' and sign up with a big label (sony, warner, etc) that will milk you of all your creative essence and be the ones to REALLY make money off of what YOU do. This day in age, nothing seems to be genuine anymore. When creative flow stops and is mimicked and forced - what is creativity then?

end.. rant?

Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 05:29 AM Reply

At 8/20/08 08:57 PM, Gloudas wrote:
At 8/19/08 05:04 PM, PARASITIC-TOYs wrote:

Oh and by the way, if you ever want to be a famous writer, don't write shitty books, write good ones.

Woah did you see that one Gloudas!? I think there is a possibilty that the OP is Captain Obvious in disguise...

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 08:20 AM Reply

Exactlly and thats the problem with todays music some of it is just pure bull shit

Carf
Carf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 08:20 AM, PARASITIC-TOYs wrote: Exactlly and thats the problem with todays music some of it is just pure bull shit

that's because its produced as a product to make money...
While the REAL people out here making music for HOBBY and the love for being CREATIVE.
back in the days when I was 14 I wanted to be a Dj, these days I dont even dare to think of
becoming one, the scene has changed, and so do people. I am glad that here on NG enough people
got the same point of view.
But there is hope, youtube as example gives *us* enough room and space to express ourself to the world without the need of a *big budget spended* like sony.
Music that I create is for me, and for me only, if others like it, then I know that I have done a good job, but still, if *they* dont like it... I am still the one who got the mp3 player plugged in the ears and they dont have to listen to it ;).

peace to all the real creators out here!

MJTTOMB
MJTTOMB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 8/19/08 10:35 PM, nameless11 wrote:
At 8/19/08 05:36 PM, Nav wrote: To make it in the bizz:

couldnt of said it better..its quite sad actually.. mainstream music and how to actually be succesful in the music industry. It leaves no room for much innovation.

You forgot: have good looks, or be able to wear tons of makeup if you're not necessarily appealing.

BBS Signature
PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:08 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 08:42 AM, Carf wrote:
At 8/21/08 08:20 AM, PARASITIC-TOYs wrote: Exactlly and thats the problem with todays music some of it is just pure bull shit
While the REAL people out here making music for HOBBY and the love for being CREATIVE.
back in the days when I was 14 I wanted to be a Dj, these days I dont even dare to think of
becoming one, the scene has changed, and so do people. I am glad that here on NG enough people
But there is hope, youtube as example gives *us* enough room and space to express ourself to the world without the need of a *big budget spended* like sony.
Music that I create is for me, and for me only, if others like it, then I know that I have done a good job, but still, if *they* dont like it... I am still the one who got the mp3 player plugged in the ears and they dont have to listen to it ;).

And thats why we need a Corpal Revolution.... to stop those greedy bastards..... And another thing the only reason i created this thread was to tell people how i think the right way to make it in the Bizz so fuck you Gloudas you scarcastic piece of shit.......
hey would you mind checking this out for me i think you might enjoy it Carf its my band we make DnB
Click Here to Open Your Mind

Phoog
Phoog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:13 AM Reply

At 8/20/08 10:54 PM, Zooloo75 wrote:

Actually, it's crappy acoustic guitar playing the same thing over and over with some shitty sounding drums and terrible "alternative" style singing. It's called POP and I dislike it with a passion.

Carf
Carf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:18 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 09:08 AM, PARASITIC-TOYs wrote:
At 8/21/08 08:42 AM, Carf wrote:

And thats why we need a Corpal Revolution.... to stop those greedy bastards..... And another thing the only reason i created this thread was to tell people how i think the right way to make it in the Bizz so fuck you Gloudas you scarcastic piece of shit.......
hey would you mind checking this out for me i think you might enjoy it Carf its my band we make DnB
Click Here to Open Your Mind

Always open to take a look after a kind invite, will do for sure ALTROUGH i am not the biggest fan of D&B (which does not say I dont like it, its just that I am not that experienced with it) therefore I leave a PM after I have showed it to my GF, she is really into it. :)
Keep up the creativity.

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 09:13 AM, Ambimetric wrote:
At 8/20/08 10:54 PM, Zooloo75 wrote:
Actually, it's crappy acoustic guitar playing the same thing over and over with some shitty sounding drums and terrible "alternative" style singing. It's called POP and I dislike it with a passion.

Exactlly we should fucken gun down assholes who play that shit i mean it pure S.H.I.T and i thought music would never get like this.... well i was wrong soo here comes the new generation of music (2010) i hope people who see the truth could realse kick ass albums.... hell.... wait we should make a newgrounds collab of all artist who would like to be in a cd and send it to newground...but doubt that would work sooo yea

Koriigahn
Koriigahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:23 AM Reply

NO matter how good you are, it all depends on WHO you know, not What you know.

Oh yeah, you need luck. And i mean like, miracle luck that is like... really rare and shit :3

BBS Signature
PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 09:23 AM, Koriigahn wrote: NO matter how good you are, it all depends on WHO you know, not What you know.

Oh yeah, you need luck. And i mean like, miracle luck that is like... really rare and shit :3

yup man.... but than again the lucky bands get sucked into the corps needs and ends up selling out we need to stop that shit once and for all Who is with me

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:29 AM Reply

well i hope you enjoy Carf and your er GF too

war-spawn
war-spawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 09:54 AM Reply

Anyone can make it in the business if they produce quality music. And by quality, I mean money making. And by money making, I mean repetitive unintelligent bullshit. I know it goes like that in the states because we have a very short attention span when it comes to music. Unless you're people like me who prefer actually having TALENT when it comes to making ANYTHING. :3

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod
Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature
Carf
Carf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 09:54 AM, war-spawn wrote: Anyone can make it in the business if they produce quality music. And by quality, I mean money making. And by money making, I mean repetitive unintelligent bullshit. I know it goes like that in the states because we have a very short attention span when it comes to music. Unless you're people like me who prefer actually having TALENT when it comes to making ANYTHING. :3

So in other words... to american standards you got a lot of talent... do I get the message right?

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:09 AM Reply

Exactlly Americains have lowerd there attention Spans Quickly and man it suck cuz now people like me who like the longest shit ever (30:20 songs like the melvins songs) it sucks cuz now people make short shit and it suck we need longer tracks

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:10 AM Reply

Join the war And Make Long ass Tracks..... who is with me

war-spawn
war-spawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:13 AM Reply

We don't need exactly longer tracks. We need more tracks with meaning and feeling behind them. Most music stations on the radio are aimed at the workplace, so there can't songs that reveal life's secrets because the average American will be too busy paying attention to what he or she has to do while only humming the tune, NOT actually listening.

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod
Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature
Carf
Carf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 10:10 AM, PARASITIC-TOYs wrote: Join the war And Make Long ass Tracks..... who is with me

The 3 minute standard is to short for me aswell. most of my tracks are around the 4:30, but 30 minuts... damn that is hard to fix ;)

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:16 AM Reply

ok tahn lets make a CD....
People who are interseted just Type count me in on this thread and just see whats gonna happen and the CD will be called "Song for Transhumans" LOL

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:17 AM Reply

Srry for my Typo I mean than

Phoog
Phoog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:20 AM Reply

What's with all this "we need to do THIS who is with me" shit.
You're not going to change anything about popular music. No one here is.

PARASITIC-TOYs
PARASITIC-TOYs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How to make in the "Bizz" of music Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 8/21/08 10:20 AM, Ambimetric wrote: What's with all this "we need to do THIS who is with me" shit.
You're not going to change anything about popular music. No one here is.

you would be suprise man