00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:22:07

Well, earlier, about half an hour ago, I had bronze whistle. I did flag 26 reviews, all unrelated, advertising some other site.

They were all posted by this user....

It also appears his reviews have gotten deleted. Now, how come I went from bronze to garbage? I'm really wondering, as well as I'm annoyed... Please reply...

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:25:18

At 8/16/08 08:22 AM, AntoArts-Admin wrote: Well, earlier, about half an hour ago, I had bronze whistle. I did flag 26 reviews, all unrelated, advertising some other site.

They were all posted by this user....

It also appears his reviews have gotten deleted. Now, how come I went from bronze to garbage? I'm really wondering, as well as I'm annoyed... Please reply...

Yea, I voted on exactly the same, I am also on garbage... How? A Review Mod gone bad?

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:26:57

At 8/16/08 08:25 AM, xIDoL wrote: Yea, I voted on exactly the same, I am also on garbage... How? A Review Mod gone bad?

Hopefully this is gonna be fixed... It's really annoying to have this garbage whistle...

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:29:30

You'd be best off asking a review mod. There's list of them here -- best ones to talk to IMO are kidray76, Malachy, or Seamonky. They're all good guys and should be happy to help you.

Just don't make a big long rant at them about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:34:34

At 8/16/08 08:29 AM, NEVR wrote: You'd be best off asking a review mod. There's list of them here -- best ones to talk to IMO are kidray76, Malachy, or Seamonky. They're all good guys and should be happy to help you.

Just don't make a big long rant at them about it.

I sent a friendly PM to seamonkey...

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:39:53

Did you mention me too? Coz I hope all this gets reversed :(

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:40:34

Just a quick reply to this post...

At 8/16/08 08:26 AM, AntoArts-Admin wrote: Hopefully this is gonna be fixed... It's really annoying to have this garbage whistle...

...which I didn't see before I posted last in this thread. Was probably posted just as I hit the 'Reply' button myself.

Anyway, it won't be fixed by an admin, you can pretty much count on that. If you want to get out of Garbage, all you can do is start flagging again to try and get your whistle back up to Normal status. Don't go on the assumption that someone will just come along and fix it for you, because that just won't happen I'm afraid.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:41:01

At 8/16/08 08:39 AM, xIDoL wrote:

Well, I did mention that "other users" had the same problem

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 08:58:19

At 8/16/08 08:41 AM, AntoArts-Admin wrote:
At 8/16/08 08:39 AM, xIDoL wrote:
Well, I did mention that "other users" had the same problem

Did you tell him to look at at Rage's thread to see all the users that got garbage after that?

Pm me about anything, you cumdumpster.

Yes, I know I'm going to hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:13:16

At 8/16/08 08:58 AM, ghyfty wrote: Did you tell him to look at at Rage's thread to see all the users that got garbage after that?

No.... I think I should've....

Damn...

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:18:27

At 8/16/08 09:13 AM, AntoArts-Admin wrote:
At 8/16/08 08:58 AM, ghyfty wrote: Did you tell him to look at at Rage's thread to see all the users that got garbage after that?
No.... I think I should've....

Damn...

No worry. I Pmed him it.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:21:27

I PM absent:

http://zerocxc.newgrounds.com/

This user had 3 pages of reviews advertising some fat ass website, they seem been deleted, cause someone post it on the Rage's Thread. Not my case, but lots of users saw they whistles go from bronze to garbage, silver to normal or garbage and the reviews were deleted. What's the problem?

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:22:55

At 8/16/08 09:21 AM, BlackPT wrote: I PM absent:

http://zerocxc.newgrounds.com/

This user had 3 pages of reviews advertising some fat ass website, they seem been deleted, cause someone post it on the Rage's Thread. Not my case, but lots of users saw they whistles go from bronze to garbage, silver to normal or garbage and the reviews were deleted. What's the problem?

Yeah, all the reviews I flagged were deleted and instead of my silver whislte I have a normal whislte ...

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:34:18

Well I hope this thing gets sorted, that thing just looks ugly in my profile =/

_Resolution`·.¸¸.·´¯`·._.·` | Send me a message | View my blog |

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:35:35

I also flagged that reviews and I'm still silver

Weird

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:36:57

At 8/16/08 09:34 AM, Resolution wrote: Well I hope this thing gets sorted, that thing just looks ugly in my profile =/

I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you're hoping for a Moderator to somehow take off the negative whistle points that you have recently acquired, then you are going to be somewhat disappointed. I've been in this situation as well, after being at Gold too, and just had to work my way back up again. There's nothing else that you can do about this, I'm afraid to say.

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:47:37

At 8/16/08 09:36 AM, Perceptor wrote:
At 8/16/08 09:34 AM, Resolution wrote: Well I hope this thing gets sorted, that thing just looks ugly in my profile =/
I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you're hoping for a Moderator to somehow take off the negative whistle points that you have recently acquired, then you are going to be somewhat disappointed. I've been in this situation as well, after being at Gold too, and just had to work my way back up again. There's nothing else that you can do about this, I'm afraid to say.

I'm afraid I have to agree with this, I think you, as well as all others, have to start from the beginning... Sorry....

I'm sad myself too, the garbage whistle looks ugly....

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 09:50:37

I actually prefer the look of the garbage whistle to the normal, not sure why though...

Although I still would prefer to have a normal, as it means I'm one step closer to Deity...

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:18:03

Looks like a mod's messing with his power. Happened to me too. I was flagging abusive reviews all posted on Rage's Thread, when I got lowered from Bronze to Garbage.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:18:45

At 8/16/08 10:18 AM, thenewbies wrote: Looks like a mod's messing with his power. Happened to me too. I was flagging abusive reviews all posted on Rage's Thread, when I got lowered from Bronze to Garbage.

You too, well, I'm pissed

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:25:28

At 8/16/08 10:18 AM, AntoArts-Admin wrote:
At 8/16/08 10:18 AM, thenewbies wrote: Looks like a mod's messing with his power. Happened to me too. I was flagging abusive reviews all posted on Rage's Thread, when I got lowered from Bronze to Garbage.
You too, well, I'm pissed

I was fucking Bronze too before that happened! I'm super pissed.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:27:46

At 8/16/08 10:25 AM, ghyfty wrote: I was fucking Bronze too before that happened! I'm super pissed.

I was bronze too, wow, damn...

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:28:04

Hey when you get the Pm back, post it here or on Rage's thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:30:47

At 8/16/08 10:28 AM, ghyfty wrote: Hey when you get the Pm back, post it here or on Rage's thread.

Yeah, I will

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:49:11

Hey did anyone get this Pm from this faggot. lol

He cares about us.

Garbage?!? How?

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:56:42

At 8/16/08 10:49 AM, ghyfty wrote: Hey did anyone get this Pm from this faggot. lol

He cares about us.

Yeh I blocked and deleted it, and you should have done the same instead of posting in his userpage lol.

_Resolution`·.¸¸.·´¯`·._.·` | Send me a message | View my blog |

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:57:38

That pic must've been the saddest thing I have ever seen. Just sad...

My sig sucks...

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 10:57:41

At 8/16/08 10:49 AM, ghyfty wrote: Hey did anyone get this Pm from this faggot. lol

He cares about us.

Yey, I'm at some stupid list none cares about!

Garbage?!? How?

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 11:18:34

Hey now guys, take it to the PM system if you are just going to start complaining one with each other.

But don't think I haven't been in the same situation before (did I say before? I meant at the moment). The possibilities of something being done to fix your negative points is 1 in 9999999999^99999999, so that pretty much means it won't happen. Time to suck it all up and start flagging again.

The lesson we need to learn here is how to prevent things like these from happening in the future. Now, this is a tricky one, because a question pops: ''Was it my fault or a mod's fault?''. The answer is unclear and different in occasions, but most of the time I think it's a mix of the two.

It is in part a mod's fault because the reviews were 100% abusive (if your information is accurate), yet you have part of the fault for trying to get a lot of whistle points fast. I believe that a mod (or a few) tends to give negative whistle points when these so called ''gold mines'' appear, which sometimes have a questionable origin, such as the 3 pages of advertisement you guys found. Of course, I disagree that the correct thing was to blast you with a load of negative whistle points, rather than neutral ones. But maybe flagging them all without asking a mod was not such a wise move...

If you did ask, and they gave green light (yet received negative points), then we are facing a failure in the review moderation system. Then again, technically you shouldn't have to ask mods in order to flag reviews, but from experience I've learned that it's the best thing to do when a ''gold mine'' is found.

In any scenario, I think the review mods (as a team) need better organization. There are still many holes in the guidelines and what is considered appropriate for flagging. And we all need to remember that their job is not to feed us with whistle points, but to clean the portal from review abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Garbage?!? How? 2008-08-16 11:20:47

Got a response from Malachy!

I respond him:

Wut?
I remember that the reviews were something like this:

"Okay"

Hey guys I found a great MMORPG that blablabla. It starts slow, but when you get level 5+ it ROCKS! Sign up Now! [link]

I also flaged but i don't get fucked

I'm a lucky bastard

Garbage?!? How?