00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drakenyaze's Character Design

19,690 Views | 271 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-11 21:40:26

Hey I just Finish a couple designs of characters from my story I'm working on let me know what you think.

:D

the first guys name is called Chaos.

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-11 21:42:54

here is the second guy his name is Chi
I will be posting more characters soon :P

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-11 22:25:21

the quality on Chis pic was bad and I can't figure out how to delete it lol so I'm going to post a better quality pic of it

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-11 22:46:28

Chi's Blade looks like Soul Edge...

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 05:15:22

Yeah that's definetly soul edge, just less pink n' meaty.

Boom!Headshot!

Current art thread ;]

BBS Signature

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 07:21:20

The second one kinda generic, but I like how you did the coat. Also, even though you can't really see it in the pic, his face could do with some work.

With the first one however, the clothes certainly do NOT go with the charcter. I mean, first of all, c'mon! HIS NAME IS CHAOS! something crazy, something original. I torn cape, with long draped ripped up robes with a red edge, or sleeves that end in claws. But a jumper and pants? LOLWHUT!?

Sorry man if it sounds a bit harsh, its some great drawing, it just needs some tidying up with the details, and you need to relate the character's personality, with how he looks, which includes his clothes.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 10:14:15

At 8/11/08 10:46 PM, McZero wrote: Chi's Blade looks like Soul Edge...

Yeah thats were I got the idea for it lol, it will probably be changed soon cause these are not the final design

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 10:17:39

At 8/12/08 07:21 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote: The second one kinda generic, but I like how you did the coat. Also, even though you can't really see it in the pic, his face could do with some work.

With the first one however, the clothes certainly do NOT go with the charcter. I mean, first of all, c'mon! HIS NAME IS CHAOS! something crazy, something original. I torn cape, with long draped ripped up robes with a red edge, or sleeves that end in claws. But a jumper and pants? LOLWHUT!?

Sorry man if it sounds a bit harsh, its some great drawing, it just needs some tidying up with the details, and you need to relate the character's personality, with how he looks, which includes his clothes.

thanks for the idea I never really work much on his out fit his name is Chaos because of his attitude not on the clothes but thanks for the Idea I might take that :P and yeah I know the first one face needs to be better :P but like I said there not there final design just putting them up here to see what people think of them so far so thanks for the comment :D

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 10:59:51

Wow, they are really good, i wish i could draw suff from m imagination that well. Post the story aswell once you are done, i'de love to read it.

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 11:12:41

At 8/12/08 10:59 AM, Oseus wrote: Wow, they are really good, i wish i could draw suff from m imagination that well. Post the story aswell once you are done, i'de love to read it.

yeah I will thanks fro the comment the story will be a graphic novel so I will post the panels of the story on ng :D

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 11:29:38

I like the face of the first one... And thats about it.
I think you can use some work on them both...

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 11:40:57

At 8/12/08 11:29 AM, fhfhfh wrote: I like the face of the first one... And thats about it.
I think you can use some work on them both...

Thanks my favorite part is the face as well and yeah they both still need lots of work :P before I call them done

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 12:23:51

At 8/12/08 10:17 AM, Drakenyaze wrote:
At 8/12/08 07:21 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote: The second one kinda generic, but I like how you did the coat. Also, even though you can't really see it in the pic, his face could do with some work.

thanks for the idea I never really work much on his out fit his name is Chaos because of his attitude not on the clothes but thanks for the Idea I might take that :P and yeah I know the first one face needs to be better :P but like I said there not there final design just putting them up here to see what people think of them so far so thanks for the comment :D

I completely agree with xTOXICxEMPIRE. If he is called Chaos for his personality, then shouldn't his personality manifest itself in the clothes he wears? The first picture just did not seem believable to me because you have this thing with a hellish face and an incredible scythe, but he is wearing what appears to me to be a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans. It just does not fit.

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 13:25:18

I completely agree with xTOXICxEMPIRE. If he is called Chaos for his personality, then shouldn't his personality manifest itself in the clothes he wears? The first picture just did not seem believable to me because you have this thing with a hellish face and an incredible scythe, but he is wearing what appears to me to be a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans. It just does not fit.

yeah I just did not really no what type of out fit to give him yet so I pretty much gave him a basic shirt a paints for now, but don't worry he will soon have an outfit that fits his personality :d and thanks for commenting

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 18:44:57

i dont want to mess with him

im the best there is!!

BBS Signature

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 21:50:00

Hey well I took the idea to change Chaos out fit to something other then shirt and paints and here it is so far let me know what you think of it

Drakenyaze :P

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-12 21:55:21

Sweet, Thats much better... although a scar on his face/neck, would be cool

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-13 02:48:53

At 8/12/08 09:50 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: Hey well I took the idea to change Chaos out fit to something other then shirt and paints and here it is so far let me know what you think of it

That looks SO much better, seriously. Love the arm with all the bands on it, and the claw goes brilliantly with the whole outfit. Nice.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-13 02:53:04

the first guy needs more stature defanition (if you know what i mean)

he is to stick like in that pic to rly show off who he can be

try poseing him in a more natural stance like teh second guy

there both rly good

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-13 04:00:30

At 8/12/08 09:50 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: Hey well I took the idea to change Chaos out fit to something other then shirt and paints and here it is so far let me know what you think of it

Drakenyaze :P

I don't know if this should be awarded the "Most Arm Belts" badge, or the "Hold Your Arms As Straight As Possible" trophy.

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-13 04:07:03

Nice style, more shading.

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-13 11:42:54

xTOXICxEMPIRE
That looks SO much better, seriously. Love the arm with all the bands on it, and the claw goes brilliantly with the whole outfit. Nice.

Thanks I will be posting it again when more of it gets done and glad you like this one :P thanks for another comment :P

Tekedo

the first guy needs more stature defanition (if you know what i mean)
he is to stick like in that pic to rly show off who he can be
try poseing him in a more natural stance like teh second guy
there both rly good

Thanks I will eventually draw him in a more natural stance once I done the whole drawing I draw him standing normal or doing some thing :D thanks for the comment

KupaMan

I don't know if this should be awarded the "Most Arm Belts" badge, or the "Hold Your Arms As Straight As Possible" trophy.

Yeah can I have both lol :P, anyways I just drawing the designs right now so I really did not want to put much movement to the pictures so for the next time I drawing them I know what go were lol, Thanks for the comment

Krayon

Nice style, more shading.

Yeah actually there is a lot of shading it just my scanner does not pick up my light shading that's is drawn with pencil I going to darken the shading so it can be shown on the next pic, thanks for the comment :P

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-13 12:30:58

They are all very stiff looking...

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-13 15:16:38

Here is an update on the picture so far got some more stuff to do on the picture, just felt like posting it :D

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-14 12:48:04

Very cool. Like this a whole lot better than before! LOL
Happy face for your troubles! -> :D (Yeah!)

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-17 21:57:06

At 8/14/08 12:48 PM, Hellknight1000 wrote: Very cool. Like this a whole lot better than before! LOL
Happy face for your troubles! -> :D (Yeah!)

BTW!!! Here's a link to my artwork since you DID say you wanted to comment! :P
So here you go!Hellknight1000's Artwork

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-19 21:05:33

Hello again just putting up a picture I'm working on again lol :P, let me know what u think, the girl in the pic is not done yet

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-20 16:34:54

At 8/19/08 09:05 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: Hello again just putting up a picture I'm working on again lol :P, let me know what u think, the girl in the pic is not done yet

Cool...and scary.
Keep it up! Chaos is really coming along nicely! :P

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-20 16:45:24

At 8/19/08 09:05 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: Hello again just putting up a picture I'm working on again lol :P, let me know what u think, the girl in the pic is not done yet

Roughly how tall is this guy? He is bent over and he is still head-and shoulders above the girl. If that is intentional, then I think you did a good job.

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-08-20 16:51:57

At 8/20/08 04:45 PM, JT1 wrote:
Roughly how tall is this guy? He is bent over and he is still head-and shoulders above the girl. If that is intentional, then I think you did a good job.

Yeah he is really tall lol and thanks I was intentional planning that one lol :P