Be a Supporter!
ragingfred
ragingfred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
MGO sucks 2008-08-09 22:44:55 Reply

ok, now that I have your attention lets begin. MGO sucks balls for the following reasons

the registration process is a pain in the ass. essentially there are 3 names you have, a KONAMI ID, a game ID and a character name. what ever happened to just using you PSN name/gamertag (so xbox people know what I mean). all this registration takes 10 minutes which signing in would just take 10 seconds. I think its made to prevent stat whoring.

Making your character seems fun at first but if you finish and want to change something your fucked. you can only remove items, not change them. also there are multiple slots for characters but you can only have 1 for free. If people were serious stat whores they would pay to play or just make their first account a stat whore account.

naming your character was confusing because you would think that your game id is the name you see online but no, its your character name.

LAG, its the worst thing ever. and MGO is unbearable. when a game lags it takes forever from the time it...

ragingfred
ragingfred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-09 22:50:58 Reply

... hits, and when it is horrible you die as soon as you spawn.

most people here have played counterstrike ( I assume ) and know the annoying weapon system where you have to buy your gun everytime you die. this is bullshit. if you are new and suck you will be stuck with a shit gun and suck even more, if you are good you will get all the good guns and opress the bad players. not fair at all IMO

lastly there is a system where when you are K.O.ed or asleep you shake the left analog stick. this almost does nothing as it takes so long to fully wake up and by then you would be killed.

the skills you select like assault, sprint, smg to help you with weapons and stuff do nothing, worst of all is everytime you upgrade you dont keep one slot for the skill, you get a new bar that takes up more slots.

at least the updates are done in game because for some reason it is near impossible to update in the default exit game way. but the 800MB update added another pointless skill and that's it.

that is all. I have MGO.

ragingfred
ragingfred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-09 22:53:49 Reply

Do people just like MGO because it has the Metal Gear logo on it (great game by the way, all of them)

sorry for the 3 part post but ps3 has a 1024 character limit for some reason.

Eskimo-Pok
Eskimo-Pok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 00:13:41 Reply

yeah i played about 2 mins of this when i had MGS4 and hated it from the begining, the signing up seemed uselss and time wasting,an in mgo the aim sucks, the circle is way to big, i would continually be shooting some guy and have to reload and keep shooting him until 3 other guys kill me, then i would die before i would be able to select what gun i wanted when i respawned... heavily over rated imo.

I'm a sheep Hurr Durr

BBS Signature
EverReady2Kill
EverReady2Kill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 02:29:35 Reply

At 8/10/08 12:13 AM, Eskimo-Pok wrote: then i would die before i would be able to select what gun i wanted when i respawned...

I FUCKING HATE THAT SO FUCKING MUCH.

CAREFREE WHEREVER I MAY BE

BBS Signature
Jerich0
Jerich0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 02:51:18 Reply

You just have to be patient and give MGO a chance....God is punishing you for being impatient.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 03:00:09 Reply

I wish I could afford a PS3.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
suicidalnene
suicidalnene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 10:14:26 Reply

Just settle down. Go to the automatching or beginner section to start getting used to it, u can't just come in and be able to kill every single person. U have to train level up the skills. Saying something sucks just because its taking awhile to get used to is immature.

psn: jdsrockin

ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 11:34:40 Reply

Just because you have a shitty connection, and you suck at the game, is no reason to bash the hell out of it.
It doesn't suck, it's just different from other online shooters like Halo and CoD4, as stealth can (AND IS) be used, I use stealth all the time, it makes the game a lot more fun, sneaking up on some guy and slitting his throat, epicness.

It has a steep learning curve, that's it, it's just one of those games that takes a few hours of playing to really get into it, I wasn't sure what to make of it when I first played it, but now I play it quite a lot, it's a very fun game to play, although I hate it when people camp the spawn during deathmatch, it's so cheap, they don't last long anyway.

Steep learning curve =/= bad game

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

DasUberCow
DasUberCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 13:10:58 Reply

Youre voting it down only for the menu options and stuff outside the fucking game? Youre a retard. Lag has been fixed aswell. Works really well for me.

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature
ragingfred
ragingfred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 19:02:35 Reply

At 8/10/08 01:10 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Youre voting it down only for the menu options and stuff outside the fucking game? Youre a retard. Lag has been fixed aswell. Works really well for me.

whatever happened to do not feed the troll

anyway, the weapon switching is awkward grenade system is awkward and yes I have played it for a long time. I have it and gave it multiple chances.

Jerich0
Jerich0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-08-10 19:08:17 Reply

At 8/10/08 07:02 PM, ragingfred wrote:
At 8/10/08 01:10 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Youre voting it down only for the menu options and stuff outside the fucking game? Youre a retard. Lag has been fixed aswell. Works really well for me.
whatever happened to do not feed the troll

anyway, the weapon switching is awkward grenade system is awkward and yes I have played it for a long time. I have it and gave it multiple chances.

Just fix ur crappy connection Metal Gear Sold 4 is just as awesome offline as it is online

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to MGO sucks 2008-09-30 00:46:56 Reply

Bullets don't kill people either in MGO.

Honestly, when it takes 40 bullets with an m4 to kill somone... somthing is wrong.
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to MGO sucks 2008-09-30 13:52:51 Reply

At 9/30/08 12:46 AM, benjadaninja wrote: with an m4

It's your punishment for using the M4.

Over-powered piece of shit.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to MGO sucks 2008-09-30 15:06:30 Reply

At 9/30/08 01:52 PM, IrishGun wrote:
At 9/30/08 12:46 AM, benjadaninja wrote: with an m4
It's your punishment for using the M4.

Over-powered piece of shit.

Wuh-oh, someone got raped by an M4 noob...

I kid, I know what you mean though, I wish the weapons had stats that you could check, (like Socom) and they should really be varied.
For example, M4 should have low stopping power, medium damage, and medium accuracy, whilst the AK102 should have high stopping power, high damage, and low accuracy.

Represented by bars of course, not words, that would suck.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2008-09-30 15:20:14 Reply

If you play MGO and you use a wireless router, will there be lag?

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to MGO sucks 2008-09-30 15:46:05 Reply

At 9/30/08 03:20 PM, xscoot wrote: If you play MGO and you use a wireless router, will there be lag?

Weeeelllllll........

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to MGO sucks 2008-09-30 16:06:42 Reply

I don't know about the PS3 version of it, but MGO was amazing on the PS2.

BBS Signature
MrDubzMan12
MrDubzMan12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2011-09-04 10:32:02 Reply

I just want to say i totally agree with you it sucks ass badly after the turture registration i went on my ps3 and i tryed log in done then when i pressed "Start Game" it said that my ps3 system character has been already used ow come on man now i have to buy extra character slot just to play the crappiest game ever i mean Story mode is ok but MGO really pulled the wrong strings even my comment says "HOPE U BURN KONAMI". lol

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to MGO sucks 2011-09-04 11:11:30 Reply

same here

was very dissapointed how hard it was just too get onto the fucking game

I like the appeal of an online metal gear game but its just not enough

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to MGO sucks 2011-09-04 11:43:17 Reply

Pffftttt..... MGO1/2 are awesome only the american servers suck really badly,Japan/Euro servers are fairly decent, game has plenty of good stuff & survival/tournament are awesome but once again not if you're on the american servers i have a copy of US version & yeah it's packed with cheaters & is quiet horrible the euro server somewhat better there are still cheaters but not as much & the JP servers have the most support zero cheaters since you will be reported & banned fast if you cheat in JP games.

MetalGearOnline is a great experience & i hope rising will have MGO3 but this is just the opinion of a hardcore MG/MGS/MGO fanboy.

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to MGO sucks 2011-09-04 12:46:48 Reply

I really enjoyed MGO when I played it. I didn't find signing up difficult or confusing at all, and the game itself is really fun.

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2011-09-04 13:19:35 Reply

I didnt really mind the registration but one thing that irks me about the game is that the character design and movements dont seem like MGS.I also want more gear.

locusteman
locusteman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to MGO sucks 2011-09-04 16:52:38 Reply

I dont know why you guys are complaining. im bad at the game, but i still love it.
I dont have lag, never had any problems with the menu system and i still kill.
I might have problems playing it with controls. But i can kill with anything, knife to rocket launcher.
If we take the movement out, i could be really good. You cant hate a game cause of is menu and inscription methodes. That is just hating cause your bad at the game...

Sometime, You wonder why cookies are not free from the stores but free when you got them.
*no sense i know i know*

BBS Signature