00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm a fucking hypocrite.

5,447 Views | 59 Replies

I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 02:56:34

This is the message I just sent to AeraDynamics after he posted a few times in my journal spot.

on second thought... I just had a complete change of heart of the fatty subject...

I realized something today. I'm just like him. He lies about everything, but he doesn't do it because he's a bad person. He just wants to be liked. There's no way in hell he's 16. He has to be younger, he just doesn't want to admit it because he wants to be taken seriously. He seeks comfort.

When I was around 12 I would take drawings that I really liked and I would claim them to be my own. I'd go on the internet and lie about my age and everything I did. I grew out of that and I try so hard now to be legitimate, but I haven't changed much. I still use presets when I need to give one of my songs some added umpf. I am where I am today because I stand on the shoulders of giants. People who are better than myself. I'd be nowhere today if it weren't for the real pros that dedicated their lives to something they truly enjoy.

When I play my drums now, I wear earplugs to protect my ears for the coming years that I'll be producing music. When I start a song now, I try to initialize each of the synth patches so that I begin from the bare minimum that these programs can allow. I used a preset a few songs back called After6. I found it when I was scrolling around the instrument bank looking for a pad that would sit in the background and add a little dynamic element to the track. I found that and thought "this is nice. I absolutely have to use this." So I did. I never said it was my own, and I've told the few people who asked about it that it was in fact a preset. I feel really guilty for it, but it was just so damn tempting. Such a beautiful sound, so well programed, so perfect in every way. Though I had no intention to let it become the focus of the track, I realize now that the pad MADE the track.

I'm an amateur, and I sit on the shoulders of giants. I admit it, and I want to change it. I'm not a very smart guy, I'm just really creative. I take shortcuts when I create because I don't know how to do something myself and I don't have the patience to learn. We're all guilty of this. Everyone just wants comfort. Most of us just want to be liked by others. We all want to be taken as seriously as the pros. That's why we steal. We just tell ourselves that it's not stealing because we want to be liked so damn much. We all just want the comfort of being told that we're experts, that we're smart, that we know everything when we don't. I have done the wrong things and never even realized it because I just wanted to be loved.

I'm a hypocrite, and I'm a fool. I'm a tool. I'm a creep. I'm nothing but everything I hate. I feel really bad now for attacking fatty for the things I'm also guilty of. I'm no better than dreamscaper or tatsu. I looked up to them, then I hated them, now I hate myself. I've grown to love the newgrounds community so much. I've grown to love everything about this site and the people here. I don't want to become something I'm not. I want to become so much more. I want to be a professional electronic music producer, but before I can do that, I have to admit that I'm nothing. I have to confess my downsides. I have to apologize to fatty. When he first started submitting to newgrounds I offered to help him. I told him that using samples and presets was illegitimate and wrong and he lied about using them and he said I was lying. I was so offended by that because I thought I was so perfect. I thought I was so godly at making audio in garage band. I'm such a slow minded fool.

I really want to make things right here. I want to take back everything I've ever said and done and start all over again. Of course, I would probably just do the same exact shit. We all stand on the shoulders of giants. You can't use a DAW and say that you make everything from scratch, because someone made the DAW. You can't use a preset and claim it to be your own. You can't take entire free songs out of garage band and say "I worked really hard on this."

I'm such a cunt. I'm such a loser. I'm so fucking dumb. I've never been able to see that what I've been doing is wrong. I can only become better at what I do by refocusing myself and admitting that I'm an amateur. Thanks AeraDynamic for helping me out here. You made me realize how fucking childish I am.

I hope that this message inspires everyone else who reads it. I hope that this sets things a little straighter. My hands are trembling as I type this up and get ready to show it to you all. But I know it's the right thing, and it has to be said. We're all hypocrites, and I love you all. I really hope you guys can accept me for admitting this. I never really liked radiohead, but I think I can honestly say that I understand Thom Yorke more now than ever. I'm such a fucking creep.

I'm a fucking hypocrite.

quarl BandCamp

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 03:01:07

At 8/9/08 02:56 AM, Quarl wrote: We're all hypocrites, and I love you all

Don't overthink any of it.
Don't be too hard on yourself - you're a better person for just giving any and all of it some thought.

Catharsis can be such an awesome thing ;)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 03:13:48

At 8/9/08 03:01 AM, LJCoffee wrote:
Don't overthink any of it.
Don't be too hard on yourself - you're a better person for just giving any and all of it some thought.

The first song of yours I ever heard was Atonal rhythmic noise, followed shortly thereafter by grind my data. I never liked all your songs, but because of those two I always looked up to you. Idm tracks are what inspired me to start looking into electronic music. As a drummer I was always searching for the next best rhythm. If I had any skill, that's the genre I'd produce.

I used to think that electronica was gay, anyone who produced it was gay and everyone that listened to it was gay. By my own standards I'm now the gayest person in the world. I'm so dense.

quarl BandCamp

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 03:40:46

um...presets are there to help you.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 03:44:08

At 8/9/08 03:13 AM, Quarl wrote: I used to think that electronica was gay, anyone who produced it was gay and everyone that listened to it was gay. By my own standards I'm now the gayest person in the world. I'm so dense.

and i bet you were gay in kindergarten, too. ahh, i remember those days, i wanted to marry my best friend. within time, opinions change. you'll be kicking yourself in five years time for something that you said now.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 03:50:56

At 8/9/08 03:44 AM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
and i bet you were gay in kindergarten, too. ahh, i remember those days, i wanted to marry my best friend. within time, opinions change. you'll be kicking yourself in five years time for something that you said now.

lol. Yeah of course. But at least I can expect it now. You're another guy I look up to here. You never cease to amaze me. I always feel like what you say is true and unbiased. Every review you've ever left me has been gold to me.

quarl BandCamp

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 03:57:36

Shut down the pity party man.

Smoke a bong and chill the fuck out ok ;D

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 04:05:43

At 8/9/08 03:57 AM, jarrydn wrote: Shut down the pity party man.

Smoke a bong and chill the fuck out ok ;D

lol. I can't help it. I feel really bad right now. This e-community means so much more to me than I ever realized.

Also, I'm fresh out of trees :P

As for people telling me to calm down about using presets, no. I got mad at a kid that wants the same thing I do. I got mad at him when I had no right to be. I'm an amateur, and I need to realize this in order to get better. I've had a lot on my mind these last 24 hours, this is what I've decided is true. I'll hate myself tomorrow for it, but at least I feel better for it now.

quarl BandCamp

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 04:25:02

At 8/9/08 04:05 AM, Quarl wrote: lol. I can't help it. I feel really bad right now. This e-community means so much more to me than I ever realized.

Also, I'm fresh out of trees :P

As for people telling me to calm down about using presets, no. I got mad at a kid that wants the same thing I do. I got mad at him when I had no right to be. I'm an amateur, and I need to realize this in order to get better. I've had a lot on my mind these last 24 hours, this is what I've decided is true. I'll hate myself tomorrow for it, but at least I feel better for it now.

You're over intelectualising this man. Funny as it may be, we're all inherently human, and humans make mistakes on a daily basis. Such is the folly of higher cognitive functions.

Self loathing isn't going to get you anywhere man. Just be happy and confident, and the rest will follow. Seriously, the less time you spend being angry, the better. Not just being angry at others, but being angry with yourself. Anger and hate is not conducive to anything except for destruction.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 04:36:19

All you gotta do is take a preset, and then tweak it :) bam it's yours now.

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 04:42:52

What it comes down to is that I'm really mad at myself for getting mad at someone I had no right to be mad at. There are similarities between myself and him that I can't deny. I feel like I'm looking at myself 8 to 9 years younger. Only difference is, I never got popular for what I did, and those actions have only led me to try harder and harder.

I note that my best friends sister has a temper just like her mom, but if you tell her that, she'd probably eat your face. I don't want to be like that, but I am. I inherited my moms blind temper as well. If I told her that, she might eat my face... oh wait I did tell her that. Now she's on anti-depressants. It's funny how things work out. I don't feel too bad for that though. I've never had a better relationship with her since she stopped yelling :P

There's a lot you don't know about me newgrounds and I'd much rather keep it that way. Otherwise, I'd of made this post when I first signed up years ago. I don't want your sympathy. I just want to be looked at like an amateur and a hypocrite, because that's how I conduct myself. And I'm proud of it. Like I said, I got it from my mom, and I love her for it.

As they say in NA, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Not like I'm on too many drugs or anything. Just the fun ones ;)

As for the samples, my early songs here on newgrounds utilize drum samples from garage band. As a drummer, I never felt any remorse for sampling a rhythm I could easily play myself. And layering the samples to create polyrhythms only intrigued me. My very first song in garage band was made entirely of samples, but I never uploaded it here. Because of that song, I learned how to utilize a sequencer. It was my first step. I still have it on my hard drive somewhere.

I don't want your pity. Just your ears. Even if I don't know you, you mean a lot to me. Even if I don't review your song, I understand where you're coming from. Even though I'm a complete fucking hypocrite, I try my hardest. This community rocks.

quarl BandCamp

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 06:15:38

GOOD THING you got clear mind Bro. First time in my Portal History my efforts to help someone really payed off! I have some serious Problem how thing "work" or better "not work" here in the AP - But it seems the portal is already too big for the admins too take care of everything and read every PM they get. But we have the Moderators I thought.... BULLSHIT I TELL YOU! I sent a PM to Fulp about 3 Months ago and I did it again to Wade and the Mods Rig, SBB and BlueHippo and NOTHING! And rig and SBB are in my Fav List X( If this is how the Mods do their Job the better get some new ones quick! Things get out of Control in the HipHop Genre and the 0 voting hate already made its way to the Electro Genre. WTF! Electronic Music is not even build to cause beef anyway! Especially this should be a Community where averyone can live next to each other without destroying their work cause of personal meanings!

I will now write a last Mail and send it to EVERY Admin and Mod from the AP! this is my last try to get NGs attention on this, maybe a Admin will read this one day or not and I still got a chance to make thing run smoother on NG. I know I shouldn't ask to become a Mod but in fact nobody does his job... Instead people like (sorry I actually wanted to name this guy but I can't find the comment anymore....) fly over the portal an leave a Comment on every Profile he gets on to vote for his Mod Nomination or he will ban everyone who didn't vote! After a User Comment he replys with a nice "FUCK YOU BITCH" So THESE are the things I should rely on?! Are you kidding me??? How could something like this gets nominated anyway?!

And I am still here with the shitty AP Community who more likes to Comment with useless bullscrap than breathing!!! I make usefull, interesting Projects (feel free to join) to try getting Peoples attention on the important things and to give them a new experience of making Music in itself. I help people settle things the mature ways and support them clear things up. I write long Reviews on Songs with detailed Information and provide help or advocacies even if the Track seems to be nearly perfect. But nobody seems to care, instead I got left alone with my Problems and others with no way to get help from the Staff or the Mods and with my disability to do anything by myself about the "more serious Problems here"

If the Portal is anything worth for you Tom, Jim, Ross, Wade and Tim, you should get someones whoe care about what we think and the help me might need from time to time,
thank you!

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 07:40:41

At 8/9/08 06:15 AM, AeraDynamic wrote: Alot of Stuff that Makes sense.

*wipes away tear* That is pretty much true. But I don't have any beef with the Mods so far, since When I find a stolen track or something and I PM them, they just get rid of it like you'd expect.

Everyone has another side to them, don't worry ;)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 08:14:27

Im' sorry for my last Respond -__- Audio Mod Darkside555 told me that he doesn't has any Rights to help someone in a Case like that anyway. I don't know what other Mods can do exactly so I am heading for a talk... Sorry if I caused any misconceptions.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 09:07:45

At 8/9/08 02:56 AM, Quarl wrote: I'm just like him.

This whole post means that you're nothing like him.

I have times when I'll say things and then look back and think "woah, I sound like an elitist fuck" and then I think "oh wait, that's because I am one" and so I try to be humble. I used to use presets all the time, and sometimes I still use presets. I think the guy who said "presets are there to aid you" got it kinda right. You don't try to be a professional with presets, but you try to learn more and better yourself through them. I believe that open mindedness is one of the most important factors involved in anything related to music, composing, listening, producing, whatever. If you're open to criticism, if you're able to criticise yourself, if you're able to criticise others, and if you're able to get off your high horse and applaud someone for being better than you, then you're definitely one noble minded person.

I often feel like I am that person, the honest, critical but fair, tough on my own work, Mr. Consistent. But I feel like you Quarl, I feel that I'm doing what I do for the acceptance, and for the ego boost. When I say "I don't care about scores" or "I don't care about popularity", it's just things I tell myself to feel better, things I tell others to make them feel better towards me. But does this make me a bad person, does this make you a bad person? I'd like to say no, and honestly, genuinely, I do say no. Where fatkid has lied, here you are, spilling your soul, a confession for the world to see, cleansed for minor things that have bothered you. I don't see fatkid as a bad person, I just see him as a somewhat annoying child and I, like you, Quarl, feel that I have gone through that phase myself.

Now, this attention seeking through false generosity, you mention that it's the same as being so open about your attention seeking without realising it. It's not. It's similar, but it's not. Where fatkid lies and you are honest, he is easy to understand, and so obviously yearning attention, whereas most of us won't realise that you act the way you do because you want the same thing as fatkid. I think most of us won't realise that I act the way I do because I really like knowing that people know who I am. In that sense, we're more deceptive, we're lying through our motives. But we are who we are, and each to our own, we can't change that. Most people like being liked. Some ask for it straight up, and others show that likeness to others in the hope that they'll get that likeness in return. In this sense, we're perfectly normal human beings, and in this sense, there's nothing wrong with us. Quarl, for all you do, it's not much to ask for a bit of popularity and limelight. You're a good person.

I remember the first time I got a buzz out of being liked in an online community. I was on another site, a really small, tight knit music community, and about half a dozen people from all over the world had collaborated together and recorded a rock song I had written. It was brilliant, I loved every second of it. The thing I hate myself most about it is that I haven't been to that site in a long time, and these people who put that effort in for me don't have me anymore to return the favour. I've still got the site bookmarked, and I'll drop by every few months or so and I'm dying to return one day, but as of today, I'm inactive there.

Quarl, I 100% understand what you're thinking, and I'm glad you made this topic. The fact that you have the ability to question yourself and what you stand for, to question your integrity when others know nothing of such "betrayals" you yourself cannot ignore, it proves that you've got the integrity, and you've got the mind to live a life you can be proud of. Keep doing what you do, and don't let yourself get down by supposed "lies".

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 09:35:57

I don't see anything wrong with using a preset. Like others said, they're there to help you out and develop a sound. I'm guilty of it.

When I first started making music, I used to use presets like crazy. I really didn't know any better, or even how to work the synths I used. But soon i started to tweak them, and learned how they work. So I wouldn't of had any idea how to work the synths I used if I didn't have preset patches to go off of.

Thats just my 2 cents, nothing to feel bad about. I mean, its not like you stole something.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 10:16:41

At 8/9/08 09:07 AM, WritersBlock wrote:
At 8/9/08 02:56 AM, Quarl wrote: I'm just like him.
This whole post means that you're nothing like him.

Bullshit, we're all like him. That's the point. Don't try to single him out again.

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 10:46:05

I really liked the tunes of Dreamscaper... they are all deleted now cause of legal things. I'm kinda interested about him and his "behaviour" you called it. But in Fact I like him as Artist I'm not sure I want to know anymore :(

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 11:51:19

Why are you bashing yourself for using presets? It's not like you've killed anyone.
I listen to hour and hours of professional DJ mixes (my train rides home from work are very long) and every-so often I hear presets that even I have.

It's really no big deal.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 12:04:38

At 8/9/08 03:57 AM, jarrydn wrote: Smoke a bong and chill the fuck out ok ;D

Hear hear :D

For the first year or two that I was writing music, I barely ever made my own synths. Yeah, it's embarrassing to admit, but everyone starts somewhere. For me, it just provides a good memory that "I used to do that".

It really makes me feel like I've really improved with music production, and that is a great feeling.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 13:34:36

At 8/9/08 02:56 AM, Quarl wrote:
This is the message I just sent to AeraDynamics after he posted a few times in my journal spot.
on second thought... I just had a complete change of heart of the fatty subject...

I realized something today. I'm just like him. He lies about everything, but he doesn't do it because he's a bad person. He just wants to be liked. There's no way in hell he's 16. He has to be younger, he just doesn't want to admit it because he wants to be taken seriously. He seeks comfort.

Well I am 16 Quarl. You think I'm lying about some of my music by I really am not. I do want to become popular though. I use loops every now and then in my songs. But when I say that something isnt a pre-set loop, I sincerely mean it isnt one. For Example: in (::Surfing On Color::) The first synth that is heard sounds a lot like the 80's dance loop. I edited it to sound different. I agree that this is very easy to do and requires barely any DJ knowledge whatsoever, but I am not lying by saying it isnt a pre-set loop. I really just want to proove to you that I am not a liar. Sometimes I might say something without thinking about it... which makes me sound like a moron... but hey everyone makes mistakes. Especially on forum threads.

When I was around 12 I would take drawings that I really liked and I would claim them to be my own. I'd go on the internet and lie about my age and everything I did.

Oh yeah I remember those days. I would claim a flash to be mine because it was an idea of mine or something.

I grew out of that and I try so hard now to be legitimate, but I haven't changed much. I still use presets when I need to give one of my songs some added umpf.

I use pre-set beats in almost all of my songs. But I like to filter them out a bit so they have some work done on them. I am trying to learn how to make my own now.

I am where I am today because I stand on the shoulders of giants. People who are better than myself. I'd be nowhere today if it weren't for the real pros that dedicated their lives to something they truly enjoy.

I am not going to make music when I'm older. It is just a hobby. Some love it (mainly 13 year olds) but others hate it. I don't really like making music that much anymore anyways. And I have realized that there is a whole bunch of talent on the audio portal with some real pros... Yet, the top of the week goes to some undeserving song that was entered the day before top of the week and got top of the week because its score is higher.

When I play my drums now, I wear earplugs to protect my ears for the coming years that I'll be producing music.

Yeah I need to stop wearing headphones when playing the piano because it really damages my hearing.

When I start a song now, I try to initialize each of the synth patches so that I begin from the bare minimum that these programs can allow. I used a preset a few songs back called After6. I found it when I was scrolling around the instrument bank looking for a pad that would sit in the background and add a little dynamic element to the track. I found that and thought "this is nice. I absolutely have to use this." So I did. I never said it was my own, and I've told the few people who asked about it that it was in fact a preset. I feel really guilty for it, but it was just so damn tempting. Such a beautiful sound, so well programed, so perfect in every way. Though I had no intention to let it become the focus of the track, I realize now that the pad MADE the track.

I think the main reason you can't stand me is because you think I tell everyone the pre-sets i use are mine. If I did do that? I honestly didn't mean to. It was probably a misunderstanding of some sorts. Well to clear things up, I do use pre-sets in a lot of my songs. Sometimes I deny it because it feels like I didnt make the song. That is why I switched over to playing ambience music with pads already on Garageband. I sometimes alter the pads to my liking, but they don't sound much different from the original pad. I still think, however, that playing on a pre-set pad is just like playing on a piano or electronic synthesizer. Although in order to make trance and techno REAL trance and techno, we must make our own synths from scratch. Just like the guys did back when techno and trance was being started. Garageband, sadly, does not have this ability. This is why I want to get Logic Studio or at least Reason to show my true ability as a musical artist. I am sick of Garageband now. Garageband has taught me many things though. I am ready to move on to step 2.

I'm an amateur, and I sit on the shoulders of giants. I admit it, and I want to change it. I'm not a very smart guy, I'm just really creative.

Exactly who I am. Most teenagers are like this though. Other teenagers are just lazy and won't reveal their creativity.

I take shortcuts when I create because I don't know how to do something myself and I don't have the patience to learn.

I wish I had the patience to learn... I really do. but dammit for some odd reason my entire body completley avoids learning when I want it most. It only accepts it when I don't want to learn. Weird huh?

We're all guilty of this. Everyone just wants comfort. Most of us just want to be liked by others. We all want to be taken as seriously as the pros. That's why we steal. We just tell ourselves that it's not stealing because we want to be liked so damn much. We all just want the comfort of being told that we're experts, that we're smart, that we know everything when we don't. I have done the wrong things and never even realized it because I just wanted to be loved.

This was why I was getting so mad. Most people won't accept this because they are to stubborn to admit it. We get to the point to where we think it so much.. we accept it as reality when it isnt.

I'm a hypocrite, and I'm a fool. I'm a tool. I'm a creep. I'm nothing but everything I hate. I feel really bad now for attacking fatty for the things I'm also guilty of.

This is why I live by the rule of treating other as you would want to be treated yourself.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 13:51:41

At 8/9/08 02:56 AM, Quarl wrote:
I'm no better than dreamscaper or tatsu. I looked up to them, then I hated them, now I hate myself. I've grown to love the newgrounds community so much. I've grown to love everything about this site and the people here.

We have to realize that this is just some stupid site on the internet where nothing here is going to matter later in our adult lives. And only the few select people get to win money on this site or get offered some sponsor for a game or Flash business. The site consumes me and makes my High school grades drop. I went away from Newgrounds for 2 months and for the first time I made a 102 on my history final and a B average for the semester. History is my worst subject! The site also draws me away from reality. I find my parents screaming at me for leaving the lights on, forgetting to lock the car, and everything else that requires remembering. I have learned to deal with this now luckily... but it still consumes me.

I don't want to become something I'm not. I want to become so much more. I want to be a professional electronic music producer, but before I can do that, I have to admit that I'm nothing. I have to confess my downsides. I have to apologize to fatty. When he first started submitting to newgrounds I offered to help him. I told him that using samples and presets was illegitimate and wrong and he lied about using them and he said I was lying. I was so offended by that because I thought I was so perfect. I thought I was so godly at making audio in garage band. I'm such a slow minded fool.

Could you please provide a link to where I said that? I don't know why in the world I would say that... probably because I was inexperienced to the forums at the time. I do remember, however, that I mistook you for calling me an idiot when you were actually trying to help me. Well sorry about that and thank you for apologizing.

I really want to make things right here. I want to take back everything I've ever said and done and start all over again. Of course, I would probably just do the same exact shit. We all stand on the shoulders of giants. You can't use a DAW and say that you make everything from scratch, because someone made the DAW. You can't use a preset and claim it to be your own. You can't take entire free songs out of garage band and say "I worked really hard on this."

When I created the Garbage Whistle Crews theme song, I used a pre-set song from Garageband. I admited it was a terrible thing to do, and I tried to cover it up by adding synths of my own in there. I think it actually sounds kind of cool what I did, but in no way shape or form is it a original or hard to do song. I said it was hard to do because at the time I felt accomplished for all the 10's in my review pile. I know realize that the song doesnt deserve a 10 at all... At least the people enjoyed listening to the "remix".

I'm such a cunt. I'm such a loser. I'm so fucking dumb. I've never been able to see that what I've been doing is wrong. I can only become better at what I do by refocusing myself and admitting that I'm an amateur. Thanks AeraDynamic for helping me out here. You made me realize how fucking childish I am.

He really is a smart guy... At least he appears to be. Every person reaches this stage to where they finally realize that they're morons. The only way to get better at something is to accept you know nothing and try to learn. Even when you do know something, you have to think to yourself that you know nothing.
This way, you will learn so much more.

I hope that this message inspires everyone else who reads it. I hope that this sets things a little straighter. My hands are trembling as I type this up and get ready to show it to you all. But I know it's the right thing, and it has to be said. We're all hypocrites, and I love you all. I really hope you guys can accept me for admitting this. I never really liked radiohead, but I think I can honestly say that I understand Thom Yorke more now than ever. I'm such a fucking creep.

Your not a creep... you just are going through what every other teen goes through. I am currently accepting it and trying to make myself a better person. Thanks for your kind words and glad we could clear this up.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 13:53:03

Sorry that some of that wasn't quoted.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 14:01:40

who gives a shit about presets?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 14:30:56

At 8/9/08 04:36 AM, nubbinownz wrote: All you gotta do is take a preset, and then tweak it :) bam it's yours now.

FUCK YEAH! Nobody cares if you use Presents :/ Just make it not so much easy to spot them. Filter, Cut, Effect, EQ, or Overload the Samples and it sounds different. People revieing the Song not the Way you made it, and if it sound good you don't have to care about Presents. At least I wanted to make DnB and HipHop but now I saw that DnB is superhard to make right and so I'm currently stucked in HipHop without even knowing what a LFO, Operator or Envelope is!!! I just try to make things sound good! That's it! And before I don't know how to make Synths, understand adjusting which thing makes other things sound what like and why the hell it takes ages for the Pros to mix up the whole Track I will sty in this Genre except some collabs with much more experienced Persons (what I am really proud about to get the chances)

*Guess now I am the bigges N00b on this post XD*

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-09 16:47:35

At 8/9/08 03:46 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/9/08 02:30 PM, AeraDynamic wrote:
FUCK YEAH! Nobody cares if you use Presents
quoted for great justice :P

WTF I WANT PPL TO APPRECIATE THAT I USE THEIR PRESENTS.

but srsly, this is ridiculously angsty. honestly, i and many others dont have a problem with using presets, the thing is how you use them, and if u can put a preset to good use, dont fret about it.

also, using a preset is only vaguely reminiscent of childhood lying. and ppl always lie in childhood [UNLESS UR JEEBUS!! maybe?] and as long as u get it its nothing to get depressed about. you arent passing off someone else's song, composition as your own. you are taking the guidance from the musical masters at propellerheads, that was put there for you--its like you were composing a piano song but let someone else play it, its not like they suddenly composed the song [although i must admit after6 is a pretty nice pad haha. if u really wanna use it jst tweak it a bit, or if u wanna feel like you own it, completely rebuild it to ur suiting--you can by all means do that, especially since i listened to ur songs a while back and u know how to make rolling reeses and stuff.]

but goddamn it, you can call it your own if u dont make the DAW and synths or whatever. you dont have to build the piano to be the pianist. you dont have to make the research institution to be the scientist. you dont have to be your own mother to be yourself [ok that may be a stretch lol]. humans have used tools and built off each other since hte dawn of time, and you very well can call your creative work your property so long as it came from you and you alone--after all, property is not just physical property, but a metaphysical function of ur ideas and unique creative ground--hence art, scientific leaps and bounds, etc. if you're going to reject ancestral work, then you're going back to the medieval ancestral inheritage shithole.

there was a good quote i read, about how all literature, all movies, all music are telling the exact same story over and over and over again--the story of life. ok, move along.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-10 02:15:06

Damn, you're all lucky if all you have to worry about when making a song is using presets. Seriously.

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-10 02:23:48

At 8/9/08 06:15 AM, AeraDynamic wrote: I sent a PM to Fulp about 3 Months ago and I did it again to Wade and the Mods Rig, SBB and BlueHippo and NOTHING! And rig and SBB are in my Fav List X( If this is how the Mods do their Job the better get some new ones quick! Things get out of Control in the HipHop Genre and the 0 voting hate already made its way to the Electro Genre. WTF! Electronic Music is not even build to cause beef anyway! Especially this should be a Community where averyone can live next to each other without destroying their work cause of personal meanings!

I apologize for not responding to your PM - I remember it was after a long day of work and I had a dozen PMs waiting for me. Yours was like 2 screens of text and I put it aside to answer later...sorry, man, for not helping you out. Your problem was one that I had no control over or answer to, though. :|

As for the whole preset dilemma, I personally see no problem with using them, ESPECIALLY when you're just starting out. I mean, come ON - someone brand-new to using a DAW will have no clue about synthesizers except that they make cool sounds. I also support presets now, as they provide inspiration for songs and a quick patch for when I just can't think of the right sound myself. We have all gone down that road and shouldn't criticize the ones who follow.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-10 05:49:47

In a sense, everything we use is a preset. The strings you play on a guitar, the keys you hit on that KORG of yours, the notes you play on a flute, etc... Three people with the same instrument are all given the same capabilities; say it's a guitar. Sure, one dude can just sit there busting out power chords and screaming his head off, the second dude could be playing a classical tune with his fingers and the third dude, well he could just lay the guitar on the ground and start banging it with a rock to get sounds out of it. Artists liek Telefon Tel Aviv, Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers, etc. How do you think they keep it fresh nowadays? They make music that they not only enjoy listening to but music that sticks out. Let me tell you, this day in age, with all the DAW's out there: Fruity Loops, Reason, Garage Band, Ableton, etc. There is no reason in hell why someone cannot make music. It isn't necessarily going to be good at first but with repetitive use and increased practice, something good will essenitally come out of it.

You hear about people that say, "oh yeah, I just make music for myself. I don't care what others think." While this may be true for some people, someone who posts there songs online, especially on a site like Newgrounds is expecting recognition. Sure, the songs could be made just for him or her but that person is looking for admiration and sometimes critique. I'll admit, part of the driving force behind me making music is the people's or community's reaction to what I can produce. Sure, I am not well-known or talked about on Newgrounds but there are a select few that I habitually communicate with and it's those 4-6 people that really help me not only "better" myself but keep me going. Getting wide-spread recognition on a level like paragonX9 should never be your goal. I am sure if you ask him how it happened he'll tell you he's not really sure. you don't make it your goal to get noticed. He just happened to make music that a lot of people enjoyed. Sure, you may have made some embarrassing tracks in the past and yeah, they may still be in your profile but hey, that doesn't matter. let it serve as a sort of marker letting you know how far you've come. I'll admit, reviewing other people's work is a big plus when you want to get some feedback or recognition. I don't review nearly as much as I should and I am looking to change that.

Basically, what it all boils down to is: I am just trying to say that you and about 10 million other kids out there are using the same program to make music; now, it is your job to try and make something that will stand out. This may sound harsh but anyone (nowadays at least) can produce a half-assed techno/trance song. I'm not saying I hate the genre, in fact, I really enjoy it but it's just the idea of producing a new sound with the same tools that someone else uses that makes you recognizable. You don't necessarily need to be innovative but try something you have never tried. I have gone through tons of phases. If you browse my music library, I came to Newgrounds with a guitar. For two years, that's all I produced. Punk, Grunge, etc. Then, I tried ambient stuff and hip hop. I took a break for a while and now I came back and I'm trying out old-school hip hop and ambient glitch/techno. I even made a few tracks with nubbinownz and those are songs I never thought I would make. Experiment, don't be afraid to go into unexplored realms. Classical music done in the reggae genre? Rap music with techno? Unheard of!

Response to I'm a fucking hypocrite. 2008-08-10 15:22:21

I remember a couple years ago when I used to claim music and writing and art as my own. I was just a total thief man. I mean, I could actually write, and draw, and play music pretty good, but when I would steal someone Else's work and show it off and people loved it, I felt like it was actually mine. And that I actually accomplished somethin' ya know? Even though, all I really did, was go check out a website, grab their music, and spread it.

Did I feel bad? Not at all, because I got praise from it ya know? People started to love me for it, and it was a great feeling! So I started getting cocky and getting even better, professional music. And then I got caught, and that person told people, and those people told people, and I was at the bottom again. It felt horrible. But what I remember most, is I would swear that those songs were mine, I would sit there and get royally pissed off when someone was right about me being a thief.

What I'm trying to say is, using a preset is nothing to be ashamed of.

Now your other babble about being a hypocrite. Well, we've all been there, and some of us are even doing it as we speak. Telling someone not to do what we're gonna do in a couple hours. Using a preset, using someone to get to the top, being an elitist fuck.

We're all gonna do it. We all do it. And pretty much all of us know, and don't care.

Quarl, I don't really talk to you, or hell, even know you but I know after reading your word wall I have a lot of respect for you. Because, you at least attempted to correct your mistake before it could send you spiraling downward, unlike me. I let it go, and I got worse, and worse, and worse. When finally, I was caught and it taught me a lesson.

So, don't worry about it man!!!
We all still got your back!
:]

Sialys a.k.a Alexz

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.