Be a Supporter!
sirbobsalot2
sirbobsalot2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 05:40 PM Reply

Looking forward to seeing it, also thanks PoJox for the comics link, I'll be sure to read it once the content is available.

(Back from the dead!)
Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature
jakabite
jakabite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 07:19 PM Reply

I've read the novel, and it truly is brilliant. My biggest fear is that they ignore the deeper themes and psychology and make it a straight up action movie for the masses. But it doesn't seem like they hae, which is good. Although Laurie seems all wrong in the film (from what I've seen/read).

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 07:35 PM Reply

I'll probably stop by Books A Million and see if I can find it.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

austinzombie
austinzombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 07:39 PM Reply

I will probably see it with some of my massive comic geek friends on day one, but they chose ALL the wrong actors and made all the unneccisary costume changes that I was expecting. I mean, look at veidt! There's no way he could stop a bullet in mid-air!

Gamemeister128bit
Gamemeister128bit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 07:52 PM Reply

Rorschach's hat is a nose.

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 07:54 PM Reply

I had never heard of if before until i picked up the book in a bookshop i literrally flicked though a few of the pages saw it was a graphic novel and bought it. Absolutely great book. Also 200 a.d are good graphic novels.

igott
igott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 08:21 PM Reply

I read the Graphic Novels and I crossed my fingers in hope that Warner Bros. won the case, I'm going to go see it.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.
I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

King-Gilgamesh
King-Gilgamesh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 08:24 PM Reply

I just read the book, I regret that gay men defeated Awesome guy with Trenchcoat.

The author is also a insane, and my new God.

Smidly
Smidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Watchmen Feb. 18th, 2009 @ 08:36 PM Reply

1. DONT CALL A COMIC A GRAPHIC NOVEL YOU POMPOUS ASS!

2. Watchmen is reallllyyy good, but I think that movie will be horrible compared to most fan's expectations.

3. Whoever is doing rorscach's voice sucks at it.

: If I am 13 and like a 13 year old girl does that make me a pedophile? : /
:At 9/4/08 02:35 PM, iMiserable wrote: It makes you a fucking man!

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Watchmen Feb. 19th, 2009 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 2/18/09 08:36 PM, Smidly wrote: 1. DONT CALL A COMIC A GRAPHIC NOVEL YOU POMPOUS ASS!

What's the difference again?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Smidly
Smidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Watchmen Feb. 19th, 2009 @ 03:50 PM Reply

The difference is that people say graphic novel to make themselves sound fancy.

BBS Signature
TwistedLittleMe
TwistedLittleMe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 19th, 2009 @ 04:06 PM Reply

Watchmen *sigh*
Sure, the comic is amazing. The art is great, the characters well developed and the plot out of this world, but what people don't realize about The Watchmen, is that they revolutionized comic books in a big way.
Watchmen was a break through book in many ways for comics and in comic book history. It represented the era and captured people's fears of us nuking it out with the Russians...something not really done in previous comics. The characters were gritty and real. They had serious issues and were all rather flawed. While I give major credit to Stan Lee for creating some of the first "flawed superheros" Watchmen totally wins when it comes to revolutionary comic books. It changed comics since its production and release. They're the reason all the dark and disturbing, political and outspoken stuff exists today. They broke that ground.

I totally recommend going and reading the novel before seeing the movie. It looks like they got the movie right on, but its always better to know how the story is really supposed to be before giving the movie a chance to fuck it up.

I've written papers for college on this stuff, and yeah I'm a purist geek who takes it too far, but lets face it....this movie is going to kick some serious ass...just like the comic.

Hey its better than doing crack....

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Watchmen Feb. 19th, 2009 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 2/18/09 04:51 PM, Mendou wrote: imo those other characters look too stupid to be taken seriously, only good one is probably Rorschach.

That's because Rorschach is a badass anti-communist vigilante like oldschool Captain America. Alan Moore is a gay leftist anarchist though.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Smidly
Smidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Watchmen Feb. 19th, 2009 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 2/19/09 04:06 PM, TwistedLittleMe wrote: Watchmen *sigh*
Sure, the comic is amazing. The art is great, the characters well developed and the plot out of this world, but what people don't realize about The Watchmen, is that they revolutionized comic books in a big way.
Watchmen was a break through book in many ways for comics and in comic book history. It represented the era and captured people's fears of us nuking it out with the Russians...something not really done in previous comics. The characters were gritty and real. They had serious issues and were all rather flawed. While I give major credit to Stan Lee for creating some of the first "flawed superheros" Watchmen totally wins when it comes to revolutionary comic books. It changed comics since its production and release. They're the reason all the dark and disturbing, political and outspoken stuff exists today. They broke that ground.

I totally recommend going and reading the novel before seeing the movie. It looks like they got the movie right on, but its always better to know how the story is really supposed to be before giving the movie a chance to fuck it up.

I've written papers for college on this stuff, and yeah I'm a purist geek who takes it too far, but lets face it....this movie is going to kick some serious ass...just like the comic.

Hey its better than doing crack....

Not to be an asshole... but have you ever read any comics before the 50's ? Like the kick ass crime and horror comics before they started censoring them? Those were a fuckload grittier than watchmen. Watchmen didnt revolutionize anything, it's just a well written political comic

BBS Signature
TwistedLittleMe
TwistedLittleMe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 19th, 2009 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 2/19/09 04:12 PM, Smidly wrote:
Not to be an asshole... but have you ever read any comics before the 50's ? Like the kick ass crime and horror comics before they started censoring them? Those were a fuckload grittier than watchmen. Watchmen didnt revolutionize anything, it's just a well written political comic

Yeah, but once the comics code authority was put out, anything that actually attempted to go deeper than a sunday comic strip wasn't allowed to publish. Stan Lee was the first to break out of the CCA but Watchmen got to bring real grit back. I'm not saying Watchmen was the first, just one of the best and most recognized.

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

BBS Signature
jack231
jack231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 25th, 2009 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 2/18/09 04:51 PM, Mendou wrote: Looks okay I guess, I've never read the graphic novels or anything. But that incredibly long running time will either make this an "epic" or just a really dragged out and boring film by the end.

imo those other characters look too stupid to be taken seriously, only good one is probably Rorschach.

you think Rorschach doesn't look stupid? MUHAHAHA! prepare to think differently.

Watchmen

PRICES SO LOW, WE'RE THROWING THEM OUT THE WINDOW!

BBS Signature
Armissea
Armissea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Watchmen Feb. 25th, 2009 @ 04:05 PM Reply

I think it should be pretty good since it is by the makers of 300 according to a bus ad I read. I think I will see it soon.

14hourlunchbreak
14hourlunchbreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to Watchmen Feb. 25th, 2009 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 2/25/09 04:03 PM, jack231 wrote:
At 2/18/09 04:51 PM, Mendou wrote: Looks okay I guess, I've never read the graphic novels or anything. But that incredibly long running time will either make this an "epic" or just a really dragged out and boring film by the end.

imo those other characters look too stupid to be taken seriously, only good one is probably Rorschach.
you think Rorschach doesn't look stupid? MUHAHAHA! prepare to think differently.

Oh geez, you made him look like a total dick... not. After seeing this, I don't believe anyone is going to think differently.

BBS Signature
zimzap
zimzap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 27th, 2009 @ 10:53 PM Reply

I am currently watching the motion comics and so far I am very impressed.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature
LBRocker
LBRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 27th, 2009 @ 11:34 PM Reply

At 7/25/08 03:50 PM, T-Dog114 wrote: David Hayter wrote the screenplay for it.

NO WAY. I love metal gear solid! I'm going to see this movie. Hellz yeah.

EricTheMan
EricTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Watchmen Feb. 27th, 2009 @ 11:36 PM Reply

It's already started off with some weak reviews on Metacritic.
I hope it's still good..

"Girl your love is like a "nuclear weapon.
EricTheMan AkA:

BBS Signature