f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 18:35:30 Reply

At 7/26/08 03:58 PM, super-sense wrote:
At 7/26/08 01:42 PM, Kaizoku wrote: I like both but Rtil's still an asshole.
I second that. They are great animators, and I like both their movies (for different reasons obviously) but Egoraptor seems like the better person. All rtil does is bitch about how Newgrounds is going into the shit and 'proper' flashes like his should get all the attention. I used to like him but now he just comes off as an asshole.

did you ever consider that rtil might not really be a complete asshole, and only acts that way to get a reaction like the one he got from this topic's creator?

tre

BBS Signature
dorak
dorak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 18:45:21 Reply

At 7/26/08 06:35 PM, f0d wrote: did you ever consider that rtil might not really be a complete asshole, and only acts that way to get a reaction like the one he got from this topic's creator?

Which would then be called trolling which would then be called being an asshole.

REPTILICUS
REPTILICUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 18:49:47 Reply

At 7/26/08 06:45 PM, dorak wrote:
Which would then be called trolling which would then be called being an asshole.

there's a hobo in my room

BBS Signature
f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 19:01:18 Reply

At 7/26/08 06:45 PM, dorak wrote:
At 7/26/08 06:35 PM, f0d wrote: did you ever consider that rtil might not really be a complete asshole, and only acts that way to get a reaction like the one he got from this topic's creator?

being an asshole over the internet isnt really being an asshole. it is done purely for amusement. if you can't get a kick out of the hilariously stupid abusive reviews on metal gear funnies, i don't know what's wrong with you. even if you hated the flash, you've gotta love how the reviews and score just prove the flash's point

i would guess rtil and egoraptor are getting along just fine at comic con

tre

BBS Signature
ZekeySpaceyLizard
ZekeySpaceyLizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 20:10:02 Reply

At 7/26/08 07:01 PM, f0d wrote:

i would guess they are probably trying to ignore and avoid each other with WACKY RESULTS

Preternatural
Preternatural
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Programmer
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 20:21:28 Reply

At 7/26/08 06:28 PM, Piclownjews wrote: I hate Piclownjew
boy what an overrated piece of shit HE is.

We haven't seen that guy/thing in ages. FFS.

FrozenInsanity
FrozenInsanity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 20:42:13 Reply

People are still posting on here? You'd think this thread would be locked by now.

Ghost-Ryder
Ghost-Ryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 20:46:37 Reply

At 7/24/08 06:40 PM, zoed wrote: Egoraptors space on front page got switched out with crappy rtil flasm ZOMG! All hero`s asemble ! we must undo this crime :O

Go An hero!!

CoolDrMoney
CoolDrMoney
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-26 22:20:58 Reply

The Swain and Rtil have been asses too each other for as long as I remember. Im not sure how it started bu theyre both as guilty as the other. Probably had to do with his blockhead animations. I can see how it could've happened since the Swain is a real sensitive boy when it comes to leavin him constructive criticism. He also thinks really highly of himself moreso than Rtil from what Ive seen.

And EgoRapter not bein a sell out? He's pretty much just continuing the same shit he's been doing since its been so popular only now instead he's taking his mediocre series and putting them on DVD's, tshirts, etc. Basically exploiting all the fuckin idiots on Newgrounds for money rather than pursuing an advancement in art. Okay if "Selling out" isn't the term your lookin for I suppose I can say Ego is artistic prostitute and most of you guys eat that shit up.

Bug
Bug
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 01:29:32 Reply

I SURE DO LOVE BIG FLOPPIN ANIME TITS

Lost-Wisdom
Lost-Wisdom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 01:53:10 Reply

I like both of them, what's with all the bashing between which is better? Egoraptor is good when it comes to fast paced jokes and random humor.

While Rtil is very good with a solid and serious story with great animation, drawings and designs to back it up.

In my opinion only, Rtil makes incredible works of art. Especially the flash "-Move Your Feet-", simply awesome beyond words.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."
What's your fastest reaction time?
-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature
dorak
dorak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 03:37:07 Reply

At 7/26/08 07:01 PM, f0d wrote: being an asshole over the internet isnt really being an asshole. it is done purely for amusement. if you can't get a kick out of the hilariously stupid abusive reviews on metal gear funnies, i don't know what's wrong with you. even if you hated the flash, you've gotta love how the reviews and score just prove the flash's point

what??

Being an asshole is being an asshole. Pissing people off for your own amusement makes it even more so because you're doing it for your own selfish indulgence.

example time

Let's say someone dies in a violent murder and the crime scene photos somehow leak onto the internet. Then some little 15 year old goes and photoshops it and makes it the next goatse phenomenon. That's completely disrespectful to the family of that person but what excuse do you have for it? I'M JUST DOING IT FOR THE LULZZ!! I know that's a worst case scenario but are you saying that's not being a complete asshole?

Wait I think some /b/tards already did that on ED before...
ZekeySpaceyLizard
ZekeySpaceyLizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 04:13:24 Reply

At 7/27/08 01:29 AM, Bug wrote: I SURE DO LOVE BIG FLOPPIN ANIME TITS

so do I, master Bruce....

....so do I.

Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!!

RedMongoose
RedMongoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 08:20:53 Reply

pffffft

Psi43
Psi43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Programmer
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 10:27:07 Reply

At 7/27/08 04:16 AM, Xx-UberBro-xX wrote:
At 7/26/08 08:10 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
i would guess they are probably trying to ignore and avoid each other with WACKY RESULTS
lmao yeah i guess so huh!!!!
seriously though who are rtil and egoraptor i am new ????????

rtil and egoraptor are the SAME person, it's the only logical explanation.

BBS Signature
CryogenChaos
CryogenChaos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 12:03:10 Reply

At 7/26/08 10:27 AM, Mrputter wrote: I personally am getting bored with the Egoraptor flashes, and the latest ones, in my opinion, are extremely over-rated.

Case in point: Awesome Gaiden.

Thirty seconds of mediocre animating. The joke? "ZOMG NINJA GAY-DEN IS HARD".

Number one on the best of all time for three and a half weeks.

Uberhuber
Uberhuber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 12:17:28 Reply

At 7/24/08 06:46 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: but rtil rules and egoraptor sucks.....

Okay, normally I agree with what you do, or what you say, but now I must say you are fucking WRONG!

MishkaMash
MishkaMash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 14:10:46 Reply

please stop

for the love of god

zoed
zoed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 17:13:16 Reply

At 7/26/08 05:42 PM, Psi43 wrote:
At 7/25/08 05:57 PM, zoed wrote:
At 7/25/08 02:32 PM, putzpie wrote: You know, they're both great artists, but neither side will admit this, because the one side is full of assholes who are too proud to accept that the other artist is at least ok, and vice versa.
words of wisdom...... i used to like rtil ALOT and egoraptor at the same time, but later i just found out what a jealous douche rtil are... sure egoraptor is abit overrated i admit that, but after seeing how rtil reacted to this(In a rather childish way), i just really cant go back to being a "rtil Fan" again >.>
oook I didn't really want to post in this topic but here I go.

For everyone who hates rtil for acting childish towards ego and his fame, you guys are pretty stupid and don't really get it, do you. Rtil's using satire. If you don't get it you will hate it, if you actually get it you will probably love it or not care at all. And that counts for pretty much all of rtil's flashes besides GUM and Metropolis Circuit (and probably some more I am forgetting).

Satire =! Childish behavior, even if it seems like that if ya don't get it. Satire is a form of comedy that is probably too high for most of you guys as it seems. That was proven by the MGF collab.

satire is just his excuse for behaving like a child, submitting shitty animations which gets idiots like you hooked and who thinks they are much better people than others, and therefore have a higher sense of humor... that is just bullshit...

Using satire as an excuse of submitting an unfunny, childish, bad, retarded flash, which only purpose is to bash and ridicoule someone others hard work and labor, is just plain retarded...satire is a form of comedy which Rtil and his gang misuses and rape, and makes tools like you, sir, jump on their band wagon of haters.....

you my good sir, are a tool...

"sometimes the hardest battle is against yourself...".......ok that is it, i QUIT SOUL CALIBUR>:(

BBS Signature
CrazyCutlery
CrazyCutlery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 17:19:06 Reply

I don't see whats so great about Egoraptor anyway, he should try to do something new, I though Rtils flash was however quite good.

BBS Signature
putzpie
putzpie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-27 22:48:24 Reply

Fighting about weather Rtil, or Egoraptor are better is like the fight between digimon and pokemon. They're both made for completely different audiences. One is a simple show with the formula, 1. Go to city, 2. Fight pokemon, 3. Super sexy orgy victory party, 4. blow up team rocket (in no particular order.) And the other is, more complicated, for a more mature audience (I'll be it 12 year olds >_>.)

But either way, we're all going to look back on this 2 years from now and laugh at both sides for thinking that either artist was great compared to the next awesome artist.

BBS Signature
ZekeySpaceyLizard
ZekeySpaceyLizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-28 01:53:09 Reply

This topic should be put on the front page with big flashing neon lights that says:

"THIS IS HOW NEWGROUNDS ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS. TURN BACK OR DESPAIR"

AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-28 17:44:41 Reply

At 7/24/08 06:50 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Egoraptor makes the same jokes about video games that every other parody-maker jokes about. rtil is a real artistic genius, the God among animators who made Metropolis Circuit. He does one satirical parody of all the video game parodies, and you fucking complain, while you're OK with the same Egoraptor stuff on the front page constantly?! You need to open your mind a bit, man. Just like I had to open my mind, and did, and am now much better for it.

Also, you best be glad you weren't here two hours or so ago: that spot now held by rtil, formerly held by Egoraptor, was held by FatBadger, and the movie was apparently spam (I didn't see it though, so I can't judge). If you love Egoraptor and hate rtil, you'll want to kill yourself over FatBadger.

hm... shut up. They both rule, in their own way. there's more than just one way of doing good. plus, all this "who is best" is waste of time talky talky, in the end everyone's got their own opinions and all this is a waste of time. but i guess that's what fan boys do with their time.

BBS Signature
Steven-M
Steven-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-28 17:53:59 Reply

Reminds me of all the people who bitched at LegendaryFrog. And the guy who made the Toof series. And illwillpress.

I don't mind seeing Awesome shorts in a compilation, or the extra-long standalone movies like Metal Gear 2 or Awesome Halloween. But I agree that dusting off the Crossing short was a pisstake.

W-P-S
W-P-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-29 02:54:43 Reply

I think they both suck colossal dick

BFOverlord
BFOverlord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-29 03:44:24 Reply

Well guys, I suppose the only humane way to solve this is violent confrontation. Ok, Egoraptor fans step over there, grab the big machine guns and the kevlars, umm... Rtil fans stand over there in front of the brick wall... Yep that one with the blood.

f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-29 04:19:31 Reply

At 7/27/08 03:37 AM, dorak wrote: Being an asshole is being an asshole. Pissing people off for your own amusement makes it even more so because you're doing it for your own selfish indulgence.

what do you mean "self" indulgence? they did it for the indulgence of everyone who hates mindless videogame loving idiots. as you can see by this thread, there are plenty of people who are getting sick of the endless videogame parodies on the frontpage. tom fulp included. the thousands of hilarious reviews on metal gear funnies are for ALL of these people to enjoy, not just the makers of the collab

Let's say someone dies in a violent murder and the crime scene photos somehow leak onto the internet. Then some little 15 year old goes and photoshops it and makes it the next goatse phenomenon. That's completely disrespectful to the family of that person but what excuse do you have for it? I'M JUST DOING IT FOR THE LULZZ!! I know that's a worst case scenario but are you saying that's not being a complete asshole?

Wait I think some /b/tards already did that on ED before...

really? defiling your favorite videogame flash is as bad as leaking crime scene photos?

wow you're an idiot.

tre

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-29 13:00:49 Reply

At 7/24/08 06:46 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: but rtil rules and egoraptor sucks.....

Well you're not so special either...

f0d
f0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-30 01:04:22 Reply

At 7/26/08 08:10 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:

top secret photo from comic con i wonder who it is

Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!!

tre

BBS Signature
Breeto
Breeto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Rtil Took Egoraptors Place Zomg!! 2008-07-30 01:06:18 Reply

At 7/30/08 01:04 AM, f0d wrote:
top secret photo from comic con i wonder who it is

I don't know, but they should get that massive red dot on their neck checked out...

oh, its rtil and egoraptor.

You're gonna look pretty funny tryin' to eat corn on the cob with no fuckin' teeth.

BBS Signature