00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Archcee5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Toolbar Updated

31,014 Views | 328 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-03 18:08:53

I need to see what you guys think... what is your oppinion on adding a "TV" to the toolbar? there are plenty of TV stations out there that stream live content online just as it would appear on the tv. so... would you like it implemented or do you find it a waste?

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-04 20:57:59

no comments on the tv idea? hm well here is a bit of a big update. conduit has launched some games that are quite well made. I added them all to the games section under a new submenu. I have also set up a website on zendfree, but sadly it is currently down. check it out (if its up) here I have put a much better explination of the toolbar on there and may soon use the site as the main website for the toolbar.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-06 23:46:06

Just a suggestion, but you should put a link for some the highest voted stuff from the audio portal onto the toolbar.
It would be a great addition.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-06 23:48:53

I also think the TV idea is a great one.
Try it out and see how well it goes.
I know I'd use it every once in a while.
(Or whenever I got the chance to)

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-07 00:21:13

fag.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-07 00:57:37

It really sounds cool, but I don't have windows, and I don't prefer Firefox, so call me gay, fag, etc, but I really think it's a great idea.

Just need a widget for Mac...

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-07 01:10:19

At 12/7/08 12:57 AM, ChocEliteBar wrote: It really sounds cool, but I don't have windows, and I don't prefer Firefox, so call me gay, fag, etc, but I really think it's a great idea.

Hey, a Dashboard widget would be perfect! Now I'd actually have a reason to use it. Have you also thought about making an NG iPhone app?

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-07 14:53:38

At 12/7/08 01:10 AM, firemaker60 wrote:
At 12/7/08 12:57 AM, ChocEliteBar wrote: It really sounds cool, but I don't have windows, and I don't prefer Firefox, so call me gay, fag, etc, but I really think it's a great idea.

Hey, a Dashboard widget would be perfect! Now I'd actually have a reason to use it. Have you also thought about making an NG iPhone app?

Cool, only if there were something... bigger. It's own browser integrated with the site, maybe? Although it would take months, it kinda would be worth it.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-07 14:58:53

lol im not a mac person at all, and i have no idea about developing that stuff. you can use this toolbar on any browser that supports xpi files though. im not sure what safari uses, so i cant help you there. Its not a matter of being only for windows, because its not. It all comes down to what the browser uses for plugins. I have gotten this thing to work on 7 types of browsers, but safari is not one of them.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-11 16:28:20

The download was down for about 2 days but i finally realized my mistake. Its up and working again for people to download. Also.. I updated the conduit games. there are now 12 games under that category in all.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-11 16:35:42

I'm installing the toolbar now, to see if I can use it, make sense of it, etc.

If not, fuck the toolbar.

It looks good though. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-11 23:50:32

Under the movies thing, add the new Fallen Angel Movies. That would be sweet.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-12 15:46:23

At 12/11/08 11:50 PM, Ringwraith1 wrote: Under the movies thing, add the new Fallen Angel Movies. That would be sweet.

wow you are totally right! i cant believe i forgot to add that series. best flash work i have seen in a long time.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-17 20:39:41

I will be forced to stop upgrading the toolbar for a while, so if there is anything you wish added, please tell me now! The toolbar will remain operational as it always has, but I will not be able to add things to it for a while. thanks for the support, i should be back online by February..

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-22 18:41:41

If you could add links, like go to your homepage or daily five (without using bookmarking) it would be amazing. Still a fine job though.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-12-31 23:57:29

I have now found a new reason to love the internet. I love this toolbar, keep adding stuff to it!

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-01-01 00:04:35

What guarantees do we have that this won't install malware or keyloggers on my computer? Unless NG actually officially makes a comment about it saying that is safe or if it's linked from newgrounds by an admin, mod, or affiliate, then I'm not going to partake in this.

Mr. C (Since June 7th, 2001)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-01-03 15:31:47

At 1/1/09 12:04 AM, MrCongeniality wrote: What guarantees do we have that this won't install malware or keyloggers on my computer? Unless NG actually officially makes a comment about it saying that is safe or if it's linked from newgrounds by an admin, mod, or affiliate, then I'm not going to partake in this.

Well this has been around for way over a year without problems, but I still get this worry from some people. The toolbar is run by conduit which has been doing this service for 5 years i think. Anyway.. anyone who has installed it will tell you that its safe, but its also backed up by conduit. Its not like something that I put together myself. Although i would not do anything malicious to it, I understand that people would not be able to trust something that is "homemade" like that. Its as safe as any other plugin could be, and is honestly made up of little more then html.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-01-08 19:56:03

Well no word on how long i will be without internet, but still some good news. The total download count is now over 1000! sadly updates will still be slow, but even without it the popularity based on installations and avarage active users continue to rise.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-01-24 20:17:37

allright, i have the internet again, so i am accepting requests for flashes again. I also swapped the chatroom so you should see more people in there now. added some games and updated links aswell.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-01-24 20:29:38

I just downloaded it. I love it.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-01-29 16:08:41

I will be testing out a different chat today. the normal chat will still be there so dont worry. if you see the test button, go ahead and try it out. I have no idea if i will change it or not, so other peoples opinions would help.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-01-29 18:03:18

allright, nevermind. I had a couple of people in the room but it does not seem promising. Ill stick with the flash chat. there are enough people in the chat constantly for me not to want risking a move anyway. While i was doing this test i also added some more games. also, the website is down, so im not sure what im going to do yet.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-02-03 17:48:37

very cool!

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-02-03 17:58:57

I'll be sure to check this out later. It sounds pretty nifty.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-02-04 03:51:42

At 2/3/09 07:10 PM, JKMonkey wrote: Will anyone be making a Firefox version of the toolbar?

why would anyone want to do that?

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-02-04 06:22:09

Any way to install this on opera?

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-02-04 06:41:01

At 2/4/09 03:51 AM, Magyar wrote:
At 2/3/09 07:10 PM, JKMonkey wrote: Will anyone be making a Firefox version of the toolbar?
why would anyone want to do that?

Conduit, apparently not long after Firefox 1 came out. It is a Firefox/IE toolbar company and I'm using this toolbar on Firefox 3.0.5.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-02-04 17:23:34

It's looks good, I may download it.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2009-02-06 21:22:17

http://newgrounds.u-page.com/ the u-page is now open. once you add anything, the u-page link will automaticly appear on the right edge of the toolbar. try it out...

At 2/4/09 06:22 AM, Alfie wrote: Any way to install this on opera?

its a hard question.. not directly, but if opera can use xpi plugins (firefox) or copy over the plugin from IE it may work. you would need to try diffrent things out though.