00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cody1993 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Toolbar Updated

31,023 Views | 328 Replies

Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-23 15:36:44

This is a much more updated version of this topic.

This toolbar has gone through three names. First it was built for the Kitty Krew, but as it expanded I decided to make it open to Newgrounds. The second name was the Newgrounds Flash Toolbar. Now I have been able to obtain the name of Newgrounds Toolbar.

So, from left to right, here are the buttons and what they do.

Community - If you decide to use a different Conduit toolbar, you can use this button to switch between them, instead of having multiple toolbar plugins.

Menu - clicking on it will send you to the flash portal. If you click on the arrow you will see options for the toolbar

Search - The search bar allows you to use some popular search engines, the Newgrounds flash search, and the BBS search.

Links - A bunch of links to all different types of sites.

BBS - links to all the boards on the BBS

Radio - The radio is preset with Radiogrounds, but you can edit it to add your own stations.

Games - Play some flash games in gadget windows

Movies - Gadgets to watch popular flash movies

Time Killers - Odd stuff. some are links, some are gadgets. (My favorite is the Spin Cycle).

RSS - RSS feeds to several Newgrounds related sites.

Email - This thing will check your email for you. I find it very handy as it automatically logs you into your account when you click on the email address.

To see what the toolbar looks like, and to download it, click here.

If you want something added, just ask for it in this topic or PM me.

Notes:

- As the toolbar is updated frequently, this topic may become out of date fast, but things on it are simple enough to work around. The toolbar is updated automatically, so there is no need to worry about updating it. You will see any differences the next time you open up your browser. Otherwise you can click on Refresh Toolbar in the Menu.

- If there is something you do not understand, most buttons have a note that you can view by rolling over the button.

- Now, some people may be thinking that because its a toolbar, so its obviously a virus or spyware. I did not make the engine for this whole thing. Conduit has been around for years, and I have used it on several different occasions. The whole thing is clean, so don't worry about installing it or using its features.

- Don't know if your browser is supported? just go to the site and see! At the moment, Firefox 1+
And IE 5+ works with the toolbar, no matter what OS you use.

- If there is a part of the toolbar that you do not want to use, go to Menu, click on Toolbar Options, and select the Predefined Components tab.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-23 15:48:27

Have you considering putting something on there for populare topics like the Rages Gift one? As well as the statwhore topics that list the "top x in x" because I'm forever losing those. Not that I'd use a toolbar, just a suggestion.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-23 15:50:35

I have thought about it, but i am not too much of a BBS person. It my happen, but it would be a bit hard to keep track of all the topics to add and remove.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-23 16:05:33

That's pretty freakin sweet! I downloaded it.

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-23 16:21:41

At 7/23/08 03:50 PM, WACKYANIMATION wrote: I have thought about it, but i am not too much of a BBS person. It my happen, but it would be a bit hard to keep track of all the topics to add and remove.

http://officialtopics.newgrounds.com/new s/

You could just have a link to that news post I guess, that would help.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-23 16:26:15

New icon! ^_^ :3

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-23 16:27:14

At 7/23/08 04:26 PM, Alfie wrote: New icon! ^_^ :3

I prefered the tank_sm.gif icon.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 04:26:59

At 7/23/08 04:27 PM, Phil wrote:
At 7/23/08 04:26 PM, Alfie wrote: New icon! ^_^ :3
I prefered the tank_sm.gif icon.

You spoilsport, I worked hard on that.
I didn't even have the original favicon to convert, I had to remake it.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 04:28:07

It's a fucking virus please don't download it. It's a keylogger. Just got back on my account after this ordeal and I'm gonna PM Wade right now.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 05:37:53

At 7/24/08 04:28 AM, 61 wrote: Is it another virus?

No.

At 7/24/08 04:28 AM, Sciutey wrote: It's a fucking virus please don't download it. It's a keylogger. Just got back on my account after this ordeal and I'm gonna PM Wade right now.

No, that's 4chan Fandago.
If you downloaded that it's your fault.
I just downloaded seven copies of the file and Virus Alert! scanned them all.

which insidently, I just added.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 05:41:21

AHAHAH, I was opening this topic and guess what?

Cool toolbar, by the way

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 05:43:47

i wouldn't know about the others, i only click the games button :D wasted days and days with it..

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 05:57:58

Added 2 Lemon Demon songs.
And thanks, any songs you want to add?
Show me the MP3 link!

It has to be online or either it wont work or it's piracy.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 14:46:19

At 7/24/08 05:37 AM, Alfie wrote:
No.

At 7/24/08 04:28 AM, Sciutey wrote: It's a fucking virus please don't download it. It's a keylogger. Just got back on my account after this ordeal and I'm gonna PM Wade right now.

Yea I have heard a lot about the virus. Apparently its the same exact one as before that goldencat spread using that flash decompiler. Im not too sure how you get rid of it, but i do know that if you are on XP you are screwed. I never got the virus myself so I dont know much more about it.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 15:20:33

At 7/24/08 02:46 PM, WACKYANIMATION wrote:
At 7/24/08 05:37 AM, Alfie wrote:
No.

Yea I have heard a lot about the virus. Apparently its the same exact one as before that goldencat spread using that flash decompiler. Im not too sure how you get rid of it, but i do know that if you are on XP you are screwed. I never got the virus myself so I dont know much more about it.

The game itself is actually pretty good, but you'll need to install a Virtual XP to ResHack the virus files from it, then delete them.
Install the game, copy program files to normal PC, and either you're good to go or you got the 2.0 version of the game.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 15:22:52

thats why i never d/l it as i was afraid it was O__o
but lots of people have got it now and no problems... personally after looking at all the stuff i'd rather not have it

more screen space ftw!

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 15:48:41

At 7/24/08 03:22 PM, mad-spyke wrote:
thats why i never d/l it as i was afraid it was O__o
but lots of people have got it now and no problems... personally after looking at all the stuff i'd rather not have it

more screen space ftw!

yea, im the same way. What I did was right click customize, and I moved all the stuff up to the top bar, while leaving the "file edit view..." on the right. Without the toolbar you get a good inch off of the default layout. here is a picture without the toolbar.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 16:47:09

Works for me on Minefield 3.0 b5 and Linux (LOL.)

Save Firefox and free software!

iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!

RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 16:49:02

At 7/24/08 04:30 PM, wtflolnoob wrote: Got to say, FUCK YOU.
Now I don't know if it's true or not, but my internet safety rating symbol labeled that site DANGEROUS.
You could have just given me spyware. If you are going to make a program you should post it on a safer website.

Fuck your internet safety label software (or your just internet safety label).

Save Firefox and free software!

iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!

RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 17:05:59

If you're going to have the Star Syndicate link, you should probably update it to the current SS forum at http://ss.drewpickles.com . Also, TTA is dead, NGup has been down for a while, there's probably some other shit that needs pruning. Not all links are as they were when you made the toolbar.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 17:59:34

Nice new topic man. A suggestion: there are so many games in the tool bar now, that I think it would be useful to categorize them, with drop-down menus and such...

It's just because everytime I want to play a game I have to scroll down the whole list and drop-down menus would eliminate that extra effort (and believe me it's quite an effort)

Cheers ;)

Nintendo Wii club - My signature would make the commercials a LOT better, wouldn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 18:39:32

Hey, just like the flash portal button can you add an audio portal button? I visit both regularly and it would be a nice short cut.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 18:58:44

argh! how do i turn off the spin cycle???

If Heavy Metal is so evil, why would God create it? BECAUSE I FUCKING TOLD HIM TO, BITCH!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 19:04:25

At 7/24/08 06:58 PM, Skulsta wrote: argh! how do i turn off the spin cycle???

Just refresh the page. It's that simple.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 21:34:34

Ok so all this stuff about viruses, tracking cookie blah blah blah.

It is safe, as you can clearly see from it being around this long (lurk much?). I was expecting some of this when starting a new topic, but I assure you that there is nothing dangerous about the toolbar that will harm anything.

As for the tracking dont flip out about it just because you scanned it or whatever. just disable the option in the toolbar settings and get over it. I am not the one to put it there but i know it is not harmful. Over a year of people using the toolbar will tell you that there is noting harmful about it.

If you seriously have a problem with it you can take it up with Conduit.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-24 21:41:40

At 7/24/08 06:39 PM, Corky52 wrote: Hey, just like the flash portal button can you add an audio portal button? I visit both regularly and it would be a nice short cut.

will do.

I also updated links.. its hard to keep track of all these free sites. As for categorizing games... I can but there is no simple way of doing it. At the moment it would be too much of a burden to do.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-25 02:06:09

Do you still take flash requests? If so you should get all of David Firth's flashes.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-25 05:42:29

At 7/25/08 02:06 AM, bigjuicy wrote: Do you still take flash requests? If so you should get all of David Firth's flashes.

Could you provide a link to every flash that is not currently on there?
Or to his flash pagge since i'm a lazy bastard.

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-25 06:00:56

I like it!!

-ATHEIST-

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Toolbar Updated 2008-07-25 06:41:27

2 new songs, 1 from April Fools, the other is a classic.