• 19 Replies
Stomer
Stomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 21:43:26

(I am re posting this here because the idiots in the general forum don't appreciate it, I don't really come into the politics forum but it seems a better place to have an intelligent conversation. The idea of an intelligent discussion in the general forum is picking apart any spelling or grammer mistakes I make, so, please read on and give me your thoughts)

The greatest thing mankind can do is to disregard religion, some people can't accept that they do not understand the truths of the universe, or that we in fact do not serve any purpose, other than to simply be. So they create these insane fairy tales to fill in all of the gaps.

So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?

Religion is a by product of fear, for much of human history it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of 'God' a pretty good definition of insanity?

Here is something for you to consider, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gefOgPoH7 yE , watch this, then tell me, even if God was real (He's not), and he did create us, does he care about us?

(The largest star in this video, the one at the end, is but a tiny, tiny, tinyyyyyyy grain of sand in our galaxy, our galaxy is a tiny, tiny, tinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grain of sand in the universe, and the universe is probably constantly expanding, like I said, it has no beginning, and no end)

(Another version, showing the largest star known to man, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34FNr_pe Uk&feature=related)

There's another video like this, the hubble telescope focussed on one tiny, tiny spec of space for around a year, in this one tiny spec, they discovered millions upon millions of stars and planets, in one tiny spec....I will try to find it again. It's very interesting.

When you consider the sheer scale of our universe, you will soon come to the realization that there is no 'God' and that religion is simply man made, and the bible is just some acient old folklore. Also, before anyone says 'It can't just be a coincidence that the Earth is the perfect distance from the sun to sustain life', well yes, it can, when you consider the countless billions of planets that exist in our universe it is more than reasonable to assume one planet will meet the requirements to sustain life like ours does.

Creek
Creek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 21:47:29

LOL just another person who thinks he's smart because he realized that there is no proof of God.

World peace cannot happen in a world with radical Islam.

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 21:47:38

It's funny, if people don't use the search bar.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 21:49:39

Whether religion is true or not isn't the whole point of religion and it's something that people like you miss. The entire point of religion isn't whether you believe in god or not. The whole point is to live a good life with good morals and values, which is exactly what most religion teaches. So what if all the stories are made up or none of it is real whatsoever? It's just the point of trying to get people to live a good life. That's my opinion anyway.

BBS Signature
Stomer
Stomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 21:51:37

At 7/22/08 09:47 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: It's funny, if people don't use the search bar.

Fuck sake, I'm sure there are, but mine is different, post something usefull or fuck off.

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 21:54:34

At 7/22/08 09:51 PM, Stomer wrote:
At 7/22/08 09:47 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: It's funny, if people don't use the search bar.
Fuck sake, I'm sure there are, but mine is different, post something usefull or fuck off.

Nice, you mispelt useful. Maybe you need to calm down before you start pointing fingers.

And all religion is fake arguments are the same after a certain point. The one you posted is no different.

Maybe you should be the one that fucks off.

BBS Signature
TonyTostieno
TonyTostieno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:01:39

I can't completely agree with what Corky said but he's got a point.

Religion now is to give people something to believe in, because the fact that we exist for no other reason to exist and procreate is simply scary as fucking shit for some people. It used to be to explain the way the world works, and it still is today, but only a very very very little bit, the first part is much more important then the second, because it helps people live happy lives.

So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?

Have any proof that the universe is self contained and has no boundaries? The only things we have pertaining to the size of the universe and how it originated is a bunch of theories, none of which are proven conclusively, but plenty have some good evidence backing them up.

Just to name a few.
The Oscillating Universe Theory
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/oscillat ing-universe-theory-faq.htm
The Big Bang Theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang (lawl wikipedia)
http://www.big-bang-theory.com/

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:07:28

He tried that thread on General and was quickly vicked.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:09:02

At 7/22/08 10:07 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: He tried that thread on General and was quickly vicked.

I think your work was cut out for you.

That's why you don't put serious posts in general.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:10:08

At 7/22/08 10:07 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: He tried that thread on General and was quickly vicked.

I think that's because he's saying Religion is fake, here is why. And then there is no "why" that is actually proof. Don't say you know why religion is fake if you really don't have any proof that religion is fake. You can share your opinion why you THINK religion is fake, but just coming out and saying that it is with no proof can piss people off.

BBS Signature
Shaggytheclown17
Shaggytheclown17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:16:11

Wow this is a big waste of the politics forum, I wonder why the mods haven't closed this emo kid's post yet.

BBS Signature
TonyTostieno
TonyTostieno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:39:42

At 7/22/08 10:16 PM, Shaggytheclown17 wrote: Wow this is a big waste of the politics forum, I wonder why the mods haven't closed this emo kid's post yet.

Listen you little fucking assclown, the more I see your shit the more I think someone needs to throw you into a fucking vat of acid, drain it, and let the god damn vultures eat your fucking body.

All you ever fucking do is go around bitching at people about how fucking retarded they are and talk about how everyone who's not christian is the moral equivalent of a motherfucking sewage hauling train wreck and how 9/11 was commited by the god damned government.

You don't ever knock this fucking shit off asshat, get the fuck over yourself, realize all you are is a waste of air, food, space and life and go hang yourself from a god damned lamp post.

Jesus motherfucking christ.

thehaxor
thehaxor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:49:45

wow just because YOU think their isnt a god doesnt mean their is no god. also why would you put this in the politics section its not like your debating wether god is real

SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 22:51:25

At 7/22/08 09:51 PM, Stomer wrote:
Fuck sake, I'm sure there are, but mine is different

roflmao.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 23:24:42

another cookie cutter athiest argument thread.

mmm, sure tastes generiac!

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-22 23:41:33

Not only did you post this in a forum where this thread would be considered irrelevant, you offered absolutely no conclusive evidence to support your claim. Bravo.

This page may be of some use to you, if you wish to avoid developing a track record of stupidity that is.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Shaggytheclown17
Shaggytheclown17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-23 00:01:07

At 7/22/08 10:39 PM, TonyTostieno was acting like a little bitch:

Omg reading that is what makes the long typing sessions worthwhile, I love yo see little brats like you piss and moan about shit that doesn't even matter to you, you don't think 9/11 was planned by our government? Big fucking deal, you're mom could have aborted you cuz you may have been considdered to be a horrible parasite.

Becuase of the belief in God and the accoun tability for what we do in this life is the reason for your assenying existence so I'd be a bit more greatful for little shit.

Religious people are the only thing keeping your psychotic emo bastard mind together, get over the fact that you suck and at least try to be a good person instead of making it worse, whatever you did was your fault and you can't change that.

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-23 00:03:58

At 7/23/08 12:01 AM, Shaggytheclown17 wrote:
Omg reading that is what makes the long typing sessions worthwhile, I love yo see little brats like you piss and moan about shit that doesn't even matter to you, you don't think 9/11 was planned by our government? Big fucking deal, you're mom could have aborted you cuz you may have been considdered to be a horrible parasite.

Becuase of the belief in God and the accoun tability for what we do in this life is the reason for your assenying existence so I'd be a bit more greatful for little shit.
Religious people are the only thing keeping your psychotic emo bastard mind together, get over the fact that you suck and at least try to be a good person instead of making it worse, whatever you did was your fault and you can't change that.

Another great quote to add to our favorite ShaggytheClown17 quotes. Excuse me, let me add this to our records.............

And your spelling/grammar is terrible.

BBS Signature
Terrorofdeath
Terrorofdeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-23 00:16:12

Well dude for start off congrats on being an idoit. Ok I will say this right now i am a christian, Lutheran. I dont care if people make fun of me or not. There are so many things i want to say but im not ganna go on a rant, well mabye i will.. The reason peole follow a god not the God is because people need something to cling to in life. For tards like you who just say that you go through life to go through it. Will there be wars? the awnser is yes. It is called HUMAN NATURE. It happened after the fall fo Adam and Eve. As i was saying earlier beliving in something gives people a small word u have never heard of, called hope. Mabye you shoud check out a church.

Next off you wont find god. why would god come to a world full of sin, as you said he is perfect how could a non perfect being make everything you see, hear, all those good senses. You jsut keep talking about space. WOOPDIE FRIGGIN doo there is space is there any other life in space. Prolly not, but if there is we wont find it in my lifetime.

Next onto the insanity thing. You obivoulsy dont believe in anything at all. There is a reason go to war for their as you gods. in most insontaces god has nothing to do with it. Now i will say the war we are in right now with Iraq and the middle east all started because the Middle Easterns have a very strong beliefe in the Muslim faith and in allah. Not all muslims are bad. But these people believe that there bible says that all those who are not muslum must die. I myself will agree with you that these people are crazy, but you cannot say that all religions are like that. My faith is not. I will use Hinduism as an example. Hindus belive that if they live a good life they will be reincarnated as a better being or even animal. I forgot which one believes in Nirvaana but that is anther example. Before u generalize all beliefes in to one catagory you should perhaps study other religions. OR mabye you should go to chruch so you dont go to hell, and learn to respect other cultures. Just because were not all as retarted as you doesnt mean you have to the right to disrespect o what 98-99.5% of the world buy saying there is no religion.

Also before i post this i went back and re read and you contradict yourself in the paragraph were u said the universe ahs no end or begining and thus where would a creater be. HOW IN THE HELL DOES A FREAKING UNIVERSE just pop up. It doesnt that is why most scientist believe in a creator. The wont say it is a god because that goes against the laws of science but they are just made man laws. There is no awnser to that question. Also how do the plantes become created. Where did the atoms that everything is made up from come from. You have no awnsers for any of this.

The bible you said is a bunch of made stories. Have you read the bible? Have you ever looked at the gospels or even teh old testiment. It is recorded data. From a christian aspect look at the books of 1st and 2nd king and 1st and 2nd chronicals. Even the Jews believe this to be part of their history with the kings and the defeats and the wars listed in this book. When 2 differet religions can agree on a fact along these lines it says something. Also the muslim faith stems off of the story of Abraham. Look it up, im right. You can trace most things back to the bible. You can even use most roman history and trace to teh gospels. If you go read the Bible perferribly a Concordance(has more information) and you read the intros to most of the books, it gives you historical data of how you can trace the books back to the time they were written. But the one thing you cannot understand the aspect of Faith. For everyone who thinks im an idiot for writting this that is what you dont have faith in the Lord.

So my friend if you do read this give me your thoughts on how the universe everything we have today came into existance. And dont pull the whole there were billions and trillions of years of nothingness cause if there was nothing how does it become something? or the whole it was all chance it was around a 1 in 100000000000000000,0000000000000 chance. But whatever if i change some1's mind about religion then im happy.

All this teen has to say

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Religion is fake, here is why; 2008-07-23 00:17:05

well no one seems to give a shit about your thread and its malformed video ID links.

fortunately you can stick around and partake in numerous discussions on the subject in this forum and maybe one day you will get to know shaggytheclown, our very own creationist mascot!

BBS Signature