• 37 Replies
theycallmekraken
theycallmekraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:25 AM

You wake to find yourself in a plain room with two doors opposite each other and a note on the table. Reading the note, you find that you have been selected for a scientific study into human psychology.

The note tells you that the experiment takes place over the next 20 years, and you may not leave until that time is up. It tells you to press button A to open room A or B to open room B. By opening one door, you permanently lock the other door. By pressing both buttons simultaneously, you permanently lock both.

Behind door A is a hemispherical room with radius twice your height, in which you would be constantly observed. If you enter that room, you may request, by speaking into the microphone in that room, to have an identical clone of any person you name or describe brought to you, including real life versions of fictional characters. The clone will obey whatever you command without question. You may switch your clone for another human once every month, but if you want to get rid of your clone you can kill it without any consequences. The clone CANNOT speak. It's like a zombie that can obey basic instructions like "bend over", "come here", "massage my feet" etc. The clone comes naked and won't obey any instruction to harm you.

You can also request as many inanimate, NON-ELECTRONIC objects to be brought to you as you want, as long as there is judged to be no way that you could use the item to kill yourself or escape. If you do attempt to kill yourself, you will be sedated and returned to your room, with the items you used permanently removed. (Remember that you can ask to have all the essentials brought to you whenever you want; a bed, meals, drink etc). You will be force-fed if you choose to starve yourself.

Behind door B is a gun and a bullet.

Choose.

you know, along time ago, kraken was cyberwurst...

THIS IS A BIZZARE EXPERIMENT ON HUMAN MIND. IT'S MADE OF TWO DOORS AND YOUR DECISION.

BBS Signature
TheSilverGuitar
TheSilverGuitar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:28 AM

Lock both of them.

BBS Signature
theycallmekraken
theycallmekraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:29 AM

Ultimately the question is whether or not a human can survive, completely isolated from other members of their species (either simulated or not) or would rather die. (some species can only survive alone (snakes, certain rodents, frogs, foxes and some other carnivores.) others will not survive without other kin (ants, bees, wolves, bears, pack animals.) still others will be able to survive but will literally eviscerate themselves if left alone. (Sugar Gliders, small pack mammals, certain new world monkeys, and one breed of old world monkeys.))
The goal of this test is ultimately to find out which division humans fall into.

1. The clone can be of anyone, fictional or not.
2. The clone will not speak. no matter what. you cannot teach the clone. the clone innately understands you, and will follow basic commands. ("dress in this" "rub my feet" "hold me for a while" "stroke my hair" "fuck me" "bend over") It will not respond to any yes or no questions, it cannot learn to write or otherwise concoct an original thought.)

3.You cannot request anything that was invented or updated after your date of entry. Books are okay. newspapers are okay.

4. needs its own rule. CDs, Tapes, Cassettes, 8-tracks or anything that can record, alter, or simulate a human voice is not allowed.

5. No TVs, No Computers, No radios, no parts to construct a radio. No parts to construct any transceiver system. No game boys, no game systems. Cards are Okay.

6. One can request drugs. You can request upto 1.5 doses of any chemical a day as recreation. (special limit: one dose of lsd per 2 days. counts as 2 doses.) the dosage is cumulative. meaning you cant ask for 1.5 doses of E and 1.5 of oxy. but you can ask for 1.0 of oxy and .5 of E. (Special rule: bud counts as .5 cost.) meaning you can request 3 grams of bud a day as opposed to 1.5. Any request for something you are allergic to will be ignored. Anytime you undergo severe withdrawl symptoms to the point you may have heart trouble. you will be tranquilized, stabilized, and intravenously fed until your body can function on its own, after which you will awaken. The added days of simulated coma will be tacked onto the end of your period in the room.

7. Lighters are allowed, but if you attempt to cause mayhem with it, you will be barred from requesting one for a period no shorter than a month. period of barring doubles every infraction. In case of fire, the air will momentarily be vacuumed from the room, you will fall unconscious and the lighter will be removed from your person.

These rules can be summarized:

No Human Contact (simulated or not.)
No Electronics with a transceiver or ability to simulate human contact
No attempting to cope by doping yourself out for 20 years

THIS IS A BIZZARE EXPERIMENT ON HUMAN MIND. IT'S MADE OF TWO DOORS AND YOUR DECISION.

BBS Signature
LOLZILLA
LOLZILLA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Programmer
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:30 AM

FOR SCIENCE! I choose A.

This looks squint.

BBS Signature
theycallmekraken
theycallmekraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:30 AM

At 7/20/08 10:28 AM, TheSilverGuitar wrote: Lock both of them.

slow and painfull death for the name of science? you know, you can't escape, don't you?

BBS Signature
The-Hitman
The-Hitman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:32 AM

At 7/20/08 10:30 AM, LOLZILLA wrote: FOR SCIENCE! I choose A.

Me too.

Insert filler text.
Sarcasm
Sarcasm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:33 AM

Door A.
Clone myself 100 times.
Orgy.

Fuck studying human psychology.

yeh

BBS Signature
McJesus
McJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:36 AM

Oh man, you wouldn't even need to ask me twice, I'd choose door A!

I'd make some badass lego sculptures!

greenfaerie4
greenfaerie4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:36 AM

I would choose A because I would like to think that if I had books to read I would be alright. I would probably be crazy as a loon when the experiment was over. But I'd rather not kill myself for science.

"Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh"

theycallmekraken
theycallmekraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:38 AM

b, i cant live with the constant knowledge that someone is watching my every more, and that i cant have any human verbal interaction

BBS Signature
GoldenPickaxe
GoldenPickaxe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:41 AM

Go to door A.
Make a clone of a hot woman.
Tell her to bend over.
You know what comes next.

Just because I'm blind, that doesn't mean my life has ended.~DgsGaming
Believe you can and you're halfway there.~Theodore Roosevelt
Picture by Yrtnej

BBS Signature
Kiddmeizter
Kiddmeizter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:42 AM

By No Simulated human Contact, Do you mean No Music Cd's?
I can't listen to music?

I will decide when you tell me this.

BBS Signature
Extremewookie
Extremewookie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:49 AM

Hard decision..... maybe I'd pick A and do nothing at all, just to piss them off.

I'M AN ATHEIST LOL.

Lucy
Lucy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:52 AM

I'd choose A and then have Harry Potter cloned, he would then disapparate us both out of there.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature
Bramly-apple
Bramly-apple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate

Door A.

Sex and drugs for 20 years.

You do realise that everyone on Newgrounds will just read the clone bit and their perverted minds will of made their choice for them.

Like mine did :P

GoldenPickaxe
GoldenPickaxe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate

At 7/20/08 10:49 AM, Extremewookie wrote: Hard decision..... maybe I'd pick A and do nothing at all, just to piss them off.

Scientist:Why isn't the monkey dancing?MAKE HIM DANCE!*electricital shock goes through extreme wookie*Muahahahaha!We made the monkey dance!

Just because I'm blind, that doesn't mean my life has ended.~DgsGaming
Believe you can and you're halfway there.~Theodore Roosevelt
Picture by Yrtnej

BBS Signature
theycallmekraken
theycallmekraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 10:56 AM

At 7/20/08 10:42 AM, Kiddmeizter wrote: By No Simulated human Contact, Do you mean No Music Cd's?
I can't listen to music?

I will decide when you tell me this.

rules 4 and 5.
4. CDs, Tapes, Cassettes, 8-tracks or anything that can record, alter, or simulate a human voice is not allowed.

5. No TVs, No Computers, No radios, no parts to construct a radio. No parts to construct any transceiver system. No game boys, no game systems. Cards are Okay.

you can't have the devices to play the music. but you can compose your own.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:00 AM

I have many thoughts on this, but I'll make it short.
A.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
theycallmekraken
theycallmekraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:10 AM

how did all the multitudes of chance come together to produce someone who can navigate the net but cannot read.

I said, they cannot learn anything, they cant write. they understand, but are vacant and without original thought.

As to the drugs rule. its to acclimate you to your already ingrained routines, not a chance to completly f.uck yourself up. long term high dose pot use causes wild mood swings and depression. High high doses of LSD cause Persistant Delusions, tracers (not a big deal), detachment from reality and a high suicide rate when you pass this irreversible point. If i were the researcher, i dont need an extra variable to mess with, i want you as a human, mostly unaffected by stimuli to respond, i dont want the drug to respond.

Game systems are allowed as long as the games contain no human voices or forms, voiced music, or any reference to pop culture or humanity. basically you are limited to old windows 3.1 games and pong. f.uck you, as a researcher, having a potential framework for you to imprint a personality on, affects my ability to discern whether or not you killed yourself with the bed sheets because of despair or because the character in Mass Effect said so.

have sex with whomever you want, they arent human, you arent breaking any laws. you are along in that room, that should be all that concerns you. who cares what the researcher thinks, the research has nothing to do with you being a pedophile.

please teel me why you choosed the room and don't give responses like ' I'D BECOME A NINJA WARRIOR AND ESCAPED LOLOL !!!!111!!one '

kthxbye.

BBS Signature
DareDevilGuy
DareDevilGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:11 AM

I would kill myself, without a doubt. Social contact is pretty much my entire life, as it would be of any human being. I can almost certainly say that anybody who would choose A would regret his/her choice later on.

BBS Signature
MCU
MCU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:11 AM

Will Smith/I am Legend. Survived with nothing but mannequins until some real people came.
So I would choose B.
Then prove that we cant cope by crying after a few days then going insane and shitting everywhere so they would have their results and let me go.

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

BBS Signature
gazmask
gazmask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:12 AM

Omg, probably lock both and kill myself by running against the table.
But ofcourse, you can have sex, and do dirty things for a whole month with a person...
but after 1 month, you would probably kill yourself

theycallmekraken
theycallmekraken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:22 AM

At 7/20/08 11:11 AM, MCU wrote: Will Smith/I am Legend. Survived with nothing but mannequins until some real people came.
So I would choose B.
Then prove that we cant cope by crying after a few days then going insane and shitting everywhere so they would have their results and let me go.

i thought it's a movie. even if he is the fresh prince of new yourk, he wasn't locked in a small room for 20 years. as far as i can remember.

BBS Signature
4Doctodragon
4Doctodragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:24 AM

Go touch yourself instead.

BBS Signature
UberJetLi
UberJetLi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:31 AM

I'd pick A(for obvious reasons you could imagine) or I would close both. I mean, 20 years without human contact other than those butler-clones would mess up a guys social skills.

Dear reader of this signature,
Lol

BBS Signature
MCU
MCU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:44 AM

At 7/20/08 11:12 AM, gazmask wrote: Omg, probably lock both and kill myself by running against the table.
But ofcourse, you can have sex, and do dirty things for a whole month with a person...
but after 1 month, you would probably kill yourself

Why not kill yourself with the gun?

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

BBS Signature
lilcheeselad
lilcheeselad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:47 AM

I choose door A.

Winned
Winned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:47 AM

This is one of the best questions I've seen on Newgrounds in a while.. I would probably do A assuming I could kill myself if worst comes to worst but judging by this experiment I don't know if I could.. I would probably summon tons and tons of books, and art supplies. The only reason I would summon a person besides sex would probably to help me learn how to draw.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature
Warrickneff
Warrickneff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Reader
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:49 AM

This is a trick. I press both buttons simultaneously and reject taking part in the study by locking both doors.

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Two Doors, One Decision. Jul. 20th, 2008 @ 11:57 AM

I'd choose door A.
See how long I'd go before I'd go psycho.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature