Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

  • 253,302 Views
  • 9,765 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 14th, 2014 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 2/14/14 11:41 AM, SCTE3 wrote: I hear trans people are also welcome here.

Transgender or Transexual?


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 14th, 2014 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 2/14/14 05:39 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Transgender or Transexual?

What's the difference?

I'm sure that transvestite doesn't fit in with either of them.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 14th, 2014 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 2/14/14 05:39 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/14/14 11:41 AM, SCTE3 wrote: I hear trans people are also welcome here.
Transgender or Transexual?

Transsexual


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 14th, 2014 @ 08:44 PM Reply

She's was only a fish mongers daughter but she could still lay it on the slab and say fill it.


BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 14th, 2014 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 2/14/14 08:10 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Transsexual

Yeah I've heard multiple terms for Transsexual. Could you explain this to me?


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 14th, 2014 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 2/14/14 08:48 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/14/14 08:10 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Transsexual
Yeah I've heard multiple terms for Transsexual. Could you explain this to me?

I've never really understood the difference between those two myself. I know transsexual means identifying as the opposite from what you were born as. I feel transgender might be a blanket term. I may research that one later so I can know the difference myself.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Fluffington
Fluffington
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 09:21 AM Reply

At 2/14/14 08:52 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I've never really understood the difference between those two myself. I know transsexual means identifying as the opposite from what you were born as. I feel transgender might be a blanket term. I may research that one later so I can know the difference myself.

Transgender is more like a blanket term but more often than not it's used to refer transsexuals, since we as a society tend to have an aversion to the word 'sex'. Trans* on the otherhand includes pretty much everything else in between, no matter how stupid the made-up word sounds.


You know what would be really neat? These things actually being noticeable.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 2/15/14 09:21 AM, Fluffington wrote: Transgender is more like a blanket term but more often than not it's used to refer transsexuals, since we as a society tend to have an aversion to the word 'sex'. Trans* on the otherhand includes pretty much everything else in between, no matter how stupid the made-up word sounds.

Well, that's good to know, thanks a bunch Fluffington.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 17th, 2014 @ 12:22 AM Reply

Kind of feels like it's been a much longer year for me.. I thought most of my close friends would disown or hate me for me coming out as transsexual inside. The fact they still embraced me as a friend made me smile. Last people to ever know will most likely be my family because of how they are.

probably take time adjusting to being a lesbian but I'll be happier, and that's what matters I think

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Misledin
Misledin
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 28th, 2014 @ 12:01 AM Reply

Hi.

I'm new.

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 28th, 2014 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 2/15/14 09:21 AM, Fluffington wrote:
At 2/14/14 08:52 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I've never really understood the difference between those two myself. I know transsexual means identifying as the opposite from what you were born as. I feel transgender might be a blanket term. I may research that one later so I can know the difference myself.
Transgender is more like a blanket term but more often than not it's used to refer transsexuals, since we as a society tend to have an aversion to the word 'sex'. Trans* on the otherhand includes pretty much everything else in between, no matter how stupid the made-up word sounds.

I think of it as transexuals being crossdressers/femboys/androgynous and transgender being born with both parts/sex change operation/going threw harmonal therapy alone, imo.

@SCTE3 would you say you just want to dress on the opposite sex or do you want to become the opposite sex? If you don't mind me asking.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 28th, 2014 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 2/28/14 12:01 AM, Misledin wrote: Hi.

I'm new.

Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here. :)

At 2/28/14 12:43 PM, WiiFittoToreinaa wrote: I think of it as transexuals being crossdressers/femboys/androgynous and transgender being born with both parts/sex change operation/going threw harmonal therapy alone, imo.

@SCTE3 would you say you just want to dress on the opposite sex or do you want to become the opposite sex? If you don't mind me asking.

I would much rather be the opposite sex, have never fit in as a male and always preferred doing feminine things rather than masculine. Slowly dressing up more feminine as time rolls along.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 28th, 2014 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 2/28/14 02:09 PM, SCTE3 wrote:

I wish there's less masculinity in the world.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Feb. 28th, 2014 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 2/28/14 10:41 PM, WiiFittoToreinaa wrote:
At 2/28/14 02:09 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
I wish there's less masculinity in the world.

Yea and growing up in a family where they try to force you to stick to your gender roles just really annoys me. It is most annoying having to repress who I really am around my family because I know they will never accept who I am.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 01:49 AM Reply

I watched tranny porn for shits and gigs. guessed one out of a threesome was the tranny. surprised to find both "chicks" were trannies and the other was a regular guy. wow!


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 02:23 AM Reply

At 3/1/14 01:49 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I watched tranny porn for shits and gigs. guessed one out of a threesome was the tranny. surprised to find both "chicks" were trannies and the other was a regular guy. wow!

Must've been a wild party.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 02:33 AM Reply

At 2/28/14 10:47 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 2/28/14 10:41 PM, WiiFittoToreinaa wrote:
At 2/28/14 02:09 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
I wish there's less masculinity in the world.
Yea and growing up in a family where they try to force you to stick to your gender roles just really annoys me. It is most annoying having to repress who I really am around my family because I know they will never accept who I am.

Geez that sucks, guys do have their limits on things huh? If you were a girl and you're a total tomboy they probably wouldn't care, that what I meant.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 10:08 AM Reply

At 3/1/14 02:33 AM, WiiFittoToreinaa wrote: Geez that sucks, guys do have their limits on things huh? If you were a girl and you're a total tomboy they probably wouldn't care, that what I meant.

I'm no men's rights activist or anything, but this is one area that bothers me. If a woman acts masculine or breaks gender roles, she's independent, and it's to be celebrated (not that I disagree with that), but if a man acts feminine or breaks gender roles, he's weak and to be shamed.

Imagine if a guy walked into school wearing a skirt or dress? People would immediately assume he's gay or transgender. Girls walk around wearing clothes that, once upon a time, were designed specifically for men; jeans, combat boots, leather jackets, etc. Fifty or sixty years ago, that would've been a huge problem, but today it's celebrated (which again, I'm glad for). But men, unfortunately, don't live that way yet.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 3/1/14 10:08 AM, Scarface wrote: stuff

Clothing styles for guys does seem very limited. But some guys just can't pull off wearing aa dress which is sad.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 3/1/14 02:33 AM, WiiFittoToreinaa wrote: Geez that sucks, guys do have their limits on things huh? If you were a girl and you're a total tomboy they probably wouldn't care, that what I meant.

Oh, that's true. Mostly because most ladies are free to wear men or women clothing and no one bats an eye. However, if most guys/boys were to do the same thing... everyone acts like it is super horrible even though it usually is not.

At 3/1/14 10:08 AM, Scarface wrote: I'm no men's rights activist or anything, but this is one area that bothers me. If a woman acts masculine or breaks gender roles, she's independent, and it's to be celebrated (not that I disagree with that), but if a man acts feminine or breaks gender roles, he's weak and to be shamed.

I know right?

"OMG, she's breaking conformity, support her, she's strong willed."
"OMG, he's breaking comformity, shame him, he should only be a guy and nothing more."

Double standards are a bitch...

However, if the guy has never acted masculine or just not fit in as a male, why should people act like it is a bad thing?

Imagine if a guy walked into school wearing a skirt or dress? People would immediately assume he's gay or transgender. Girls walk around wearing clothes that, once upon a time, were designed specifically for men; jeans, combat boots, leather jackets, etc. Fifty or sixty years ago, that would've been a huge problem, but today it's celebrated (which again, I'm glad for). But men, unfortunately, don't live that way yet.

From what I tend to notice, no one really cares what ladies, around where I live, wear unless they look "slutty" then they get shamed for dressing that way. Any other time, no cares are given. I find it funny though, I occasionally wear makeup or a girly shirt and most of my friends are rather accepting of it while other people just ask why I put on makeup. My family doesn't care too much if I have on makeup every once in awhile, they just say "don't let your friends put makeup on you again." Sucks having to be stuck in conformity for now.


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 3/1/14 09:20 PM, SCTE3 wrote: From what I tend to notice, no one really cares what ladies, around where I live, wear unless they look "slutty" then they get shamed for dressing that way.

True, this is a double standard that only affects women. Men don't really get shamed for anything along those lines, except occasionally looking like a douche, but you have to be dressing pretty terribly.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 10:22 PM Reply

Also too I noticed its eaiser for girls to get a job then guys. Not talking about hooter/gentlemens gigs but jobs in general, maybe not so much in construction but still.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 4th, 2014 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 3/1/14 10:08 AM, Scarface wrote: Imagine if a guy walked into school wearing a skirt or dress? People would immediately assume he's gay or transgender. Girls walk around wearing clothes that, once upon a time, were designed specifically for men; jeans, combat boots, leather jackets, etc. Fifty or sixty years ago, that would've been a huge problem, but today it's celebrated (which again, I'm glad for). But men, unfortunately, don't live that way yet.

I see that as being because being a man is respected. Being a woman is not. So for a woman to act more manly, that's great. We'll call her a bitch and we'll call her cold. We may even call her a dyke. But we will allow it and celebrate it. A woman wants to act like a woman? Okay, sure. A guy wants to act like a woman? What is he, inferior?

It makes me sad.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 5th, 2014 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 3/4/14 10:54 PM, Sensationalism wrote: A guy wants to act like a woman? What is he, inferior?

It makes me sad.

Maybe someday it'll be cool for guys to dress (a bit) like girls.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 5th, 2014 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 3/4/14 10:54 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I see that as being because being a man is respected. Being a woman is not. So for a woman to act more manly, that's great. We'll call her a bitch and we'll call her cold. We may even call her a dyke. But we will allow it and celebrate it. A woman wants to act like a woman? Okay, sure. A guy wants to act like a woman? What is he, inferior?

It makes me sad.

I hadn't really thought about it this way, but this could be in part sexism against women. Interesting.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 5th, 2014 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 3/4/14 10:54 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I see that as being because being a man is respected. Being a woman is not. So for a woman to act more manly, that's great. We'll call her a bitch and we'll call her cold. We may even call her a dyke. But we will allow it and celebrate it. A woman wants to act like a woman? Okay, sure. A guy wants to act like a woman? What is he, inferior?

It makes me sad.

I agree with this. Also, part of it is due to the old misconception that if a man dresses like a woman, he must just have a fetish for it. Dressing like a woman is considered sexual because of the serialization of women.

Also I've returned 70% more trans than the last time I was here.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 5th, 2014 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 3/5/14 03:57 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: Also I've returned 70% more trans than the last time I was here.

Do you have pics?


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 5th, 2014 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 3/5/14 03:57 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: I agree with this. Also, part of it is due to the old misconception that if a man dresses like a woman, he must just have a fetish for it. Dressing like a woman is considered sexual because of the serialization of women.

I love how people keep trying to stick to old misconceptions instead of being more open minded and accepting.

/sarcasm
Also I've returned 70% more trans than the last time I was here.

Going from female to male or male to female?


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 5th, 2014 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 3/5/14 07:46 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
I agree with this. Also, part of it is due to the old misconception that if a man dresses like a woman, he must just have a fetish for it. Dressing like a woman is considered sexual because of the serialization of women.
I love how people keep trying to stick to old misconceptions instead of being more open minded and accepting.

Isn't sociality grand?


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Mar. 6th, 2014 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 3/5/14 07:46 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I love how people keep trying to stick to old misconceptions instead of being more open minded and accepting.
/sarcasm

It's the best. Good work everyone.

Going from female to male or male to female?

Well, female to masculine-leaning genderqueer. Like, if I were to rank myself from 1-10 on the dude scale, I'd say I'm about a 7, which explains the aforementioned 70%, and I feel more comfortable living as masculine, which is why I use male pronouns. I probably won't ever take hormones because I'm not comfortable making those kinds of permanent changes to my body. Hell, I can't even commit to getting a tattoo.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature