Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

  • 395,167 Views
  • 9,279 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-29 06:08:20 Reply

At 8/27/14 01:08 PM, strider-dan wrote: I'm a very boring person.

Boring implies that all you want to do is stay in one spot all day and do nothing at all.

strider-dan
strider-dan
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-29 07:37:45 Reply

At 8/29/14 06:08 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 8/27/14 01:08 PM, strider-dan wrote: I'm a very boring person.
Boring implies that all you want to do is stay in one spot all day and do nothing at all.

Not really, I just don't think I do anything that anybody would really be interested in. I mean do you really want to hear about how I got sick again?

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-29 09:49:05 Reply

At 8/29/14 07:37 AM, strider-dan wrote: Not really, I just don't think I do anything that anybody would really be interested in. I mean do you really want to hear about how I got sick again?

Well, I don't see why not. It's not like the rest of us have these great, amazing, action-packed lives that you have to live up to.

How have you been feeling lately?

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-29 11:19:05 Reply

To lose around 15 pounds (mostly muscle mass) in around 1 month from hormone blockers is pretty crazy. But it helps me move towards my dream look which puts a smile on my face.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-29 13:16:35 Reply

At 8/29/14 11:19 AM, SCTE3 wrote: To lose around 15 pounds (mostly muscle mass) in around 1 month from hormone blockers is pretty crazy. But it helps me move towards my dream look which puts a smile on my face.

I can't imagine losing that much weight that quickly (though I've always been skinny, so losing any weight isn't good for me lol). Has it been surreal how quickly things have been changing?

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-29 14:23:20 Reply

At 8/29/14 01:16 PM, Scarface wrote: I can't imagine losing that much weight that quickly (though I've always been skinny, so losing any weight isn't good for me lol). Has it been surreal how quickly things have been changing?

Not really, body hair is still growing at the same rate but I imagine it will take time for the meds to slowly deal with that.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
strider-dan
strider-dan
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-29 22:04:21 Reply

At 8/29/14 09:49 AM, Scarface wrote:
Well, I don't see why not. It's not like the rest of us have these great, amazing, action-packed lives that you have to live up to.

How have you been feeling lately?

Pretty good for the most part, I've just had this cough for about 3 weeks. I'm going to call my doctor about it on Monday.

Honestly, I've almost been more sick than not this year. But I'm going to Fan Expo tomorrow, so that should be fun.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-30 01:05:50 Reply

At 8/29/14 10:04 PM, strider-dan wrote: Pretty good for the most part, I've just had this cough for about 3 weeks. I'm going to call my doctor about it on Monday.

I've been fortunate enough to only very rarely get sick, but since I started living on a college campus a few weeks ago, I've been feeling rather sick as well. One of the side effects of living in a heavily populated, closely quartered community, I suppose.

Honestly, I've almost been more sick than not this year. But I'm going to Fan Expo tomorrow, so that should be fun.

Never heard of Fan Expo, but I'm assuming it's a convention of sorts for various fan bases. In any case, have fun attending!

AFerrari08
AFerrari08
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-30 09:00:51 Reply

Oooh can I join?!

I'm new to the site so I thought joining a club might be a good place to start. This seems the best place to begin! :P

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-30 11:35:11 Reply

At 8/30/14 09:00 AM, AFerrari08 wrote: Oooh can I join?!

I'm new to the site so I thought joining a club might be a good place to start. This seems the best place to begin! :P

Absolutely you may! This club has some pretty cool people, we don't mind having one more.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-08-30 11:36:12 Reply

At 8/30/14 11:35 AM, Scarface wrote: Absolutely you may! This club has some pretty cool people, we don't mind having one more.

Could not agree more. Always welcome to new members in the club. :)


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Enoll
Enoll
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-04 00:55:13 Reply

Suddenly a wild Enoll appears!


R.I.P LIVECORPSE

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-04 01:07:19 Reply

At 9/4/14 12:55 AM, Enoll wrote: Suddenly a wild Enoll appears!

Not seen you around here in forever. How's life?


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Enoll
Enoll
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-04 01:19:26 Reply

At 9/4/14 01:07 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/4/14 12:55 AM, Enoll wrote: Suddenly a wild Enoll appears!
Not seen you around here in forever. How's life?

Life is good. A job and three kids keeps me busy.
Not a lot of time for much else when there's three of them.


R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-05 23:14:07 Reply

The ban on gay marriage was officially ruled unconstitutional in Wisconsin and Indiana (for good, this time)!

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 10:18:49 Reply

At 9/5/14 11:14 PM, Scarface wrote: The ban on gay marriage was officially ruled unconstitutional in Wisconsin and Indiana (for good, this time)!

Pretty stupid the hateful Christians try to force an agenda / idea on everyone then turn around and say it's the opposite, rather hypocritical and at this point in time childish and a losing battle, lol.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 12:05:06 Reply

At 9/6/14 10:18 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/5/14 11:14 PM, Scarface wrote: The ban on gay marriage was officially ruled unconstitutional in Wisconsin and Indiana (for good, this time)!
Pretty stupid the hateful Christians try to force an agenda / idea on everyone then turn around and say it's the opposite, rather hypocritical and at this point in time childish and a losing battle, lol.

I'm just glad Indiana was one of the first 25 states to get it over with. It's kind of embarrassing to be one of the last states to do it, or be one of the states that doesn't do it until the federal government says "Fuck you, you're doing it whether you want to or not." It just makes your state look so backward and behind on things (even if there are a lot of people in your state who aren't).

I'm still upset we don't have employment equality, though. In Indiana (and a lot of other states) you can still be fired or not hired for your sexual orientation or gender identity, or even what the employer perceives your sexual orientation or gender identity to be. If they think you look 'gay,' then they can say to your face "I'm not hiring you because..." and it's totally legal.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 12:10:09 Reply

At 9/6/14 12:05 PM, Scarface wrote: I'm still upset we don't have employment equality, though. In Indiana (and a lot of other states) you can still be fired or not hired for your sexual orientation or gender identity, or even what the employer perceives your sexual orientation or gender identity to be. If they think you look 'gay,' then they can say to your face "I'm not hiring you because..." and it's totally legal.

Except it isn't. Most job employment sheets say they can't discriminate you based on gender or orientation. So if you really wanted to, could take them to court over it or just find a better job. :P


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 12:28:19 Reply

At 9/6/14 12:10 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/6/14 12:05 PM, Scarface wrote: I'm still upset we don't have employment equality, though. In Indiana (and a lot of other states) you can still be fired or not hired for your sexual orientation or gender identity, or even what the employer perceives your sexual orientation or gender identity to be. If they think you look 'gay,' then they can say to your face "I'm not hiring you because..." and it's totally legal.
Except it isn't. Most job employment sheets say they can't discriminate you based on gender or orientation. So if you really wanted to, could take them to court over it or just find a better job. :P

An individual company may forbid it, based on their individual policies, but I thought in many states there were no laws in place preventing that from happening.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 14:17:27 Reply

At 9/6/14 12:28 PM, Scarface wrote: An individual company may forbid it, based on their individual policies, but I thought in many states there were no laws in place preventing that from happening.

There should be anyways. To not hire or discriminate an employee based on their sexual orientation or identity is just wrong.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 14:25:00 Reply

At 9/6/14 02:17 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/6/14 12:28 PM, Scarface wrote: An individual company may forbid it, based on their individual policies, but I thought in many states there were no laws in place preventing that from happening.
There should be anyways. To not hire or discriminate an employee based on their sexual orientation or identity is just wrong.

The worst part is most people think it's such a no-brainer that they don't realize some areas don't have laws protecting employees of every orientation and gender identity, so they don't speak out about it.

Luckily though, as said before, most big companies realize how bad that looks, so they make individual policies that forbid their own employers from doing that.

stormybutterfly
stormybutterfly
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 19:46:28 Reply

I didn't know we had a club.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 21:25:24 Reply

At 9/6/14 07:46 PM, stormybutterfly wrote: I didn't know we had a club.

You're always welcome here. :)

The more members, the better.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-06 22:43:25 Reply

Also, hoping that my doctor puts me on estrogen finally when I see him in a couple of weeks and ups my dosage of blockers. The weight loss is great but if I need a higher dose for the blockers to have a better effect then so be it.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
strider-dan
strider-dan
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-07 21:11:55 Reply

I swear, sometimes I hate eating.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-08 12:44:08 Reply

This is just heartbreaking. Never knew Bailey Jay was in an abusive relationship.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
strider-dan
strider-dan
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-09 03:38:07 Reply

At 9/8/14 12:44 PM, SCTE3 wrote: This is just heartbreaking. Never knew Bailey Jay was in an abusive relationship.

I don't really know who Bailey Jay is, but it's still really sad.

TJ-Lane
TJ-Lane
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-13 21:57:09 Reply

Can I join too?

Bi

Heeeey!

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-14 15:14:00 Reply

At 9/13/14 09:57 PM, TJ-Lane wrote: Can I join too?

Bi

Absolutely! Welcome to the club!

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2014-09-15 12:35:50 Reply

Finally!

Starting estrogen sometime this week.

about time
time for a new news post when it happens <3

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature