Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

  • 252,255 Views
  • 9,763 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 12/22/12 05:18 AM, Painbringer wrote: The way I interpret it is that everyone, man or woman, will be treated as equals

No they won't. Ever. And this is regardless of sex. People will never be treated as equals in the eyes of those with the say.

I dunno. I saw way stranger things in cartoons when I was is grade 4 than that.

Yes, but that wasn't real.


BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 01:04 PM, Provoke wrote: That's a really negative view isn't it?

I'm a realist. That is the reality of the matter. And those who deny it are, well, in denial and don't want to face the true nature of things.


BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 08:31 AM, Provoke wrote: Of course things will go down that road, but at least have a little bit of hope for something better.

Oh sure, we can all hope.


BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 01:49 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 12/22/12 01:04 PM, Provoke wrote: That's a really negative view isn't it?
I'm a realist. That is the reality of the matter. And those who deny it are, well, in denial and don't want to face the true nature of things.

I'm not entirely hopeful, either. I think humans in general have a predisposition to segregating ourselves into us and them. There will always be inequality of some kind. I just think that that inequality will shift away from sexual orientation. Homosexuality will be normalize and accepted not because society has improved but because society will have shifted its attention to another demographic. Take the Irish in America for example. Back in the early 20th century, if you were Irish, you could barely get a job but now, it's entirely a non-issue. The prejudice against them has disappeared entirely because our attention has shifted to other groups (in this particular example, I'd say the prejudice has shifted to Hispanic immigrants). I believe something similar will happen with sexual orientation.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 04:54 PM, Ma1achi wrote: I have a question for this club that I am confused on, do gay people believe they are born gay or do they choose it?

Most sane people believe we are born gay. Those who say it's by choice are prats.


BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 06:28 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 12/23/12 04:54 PM, Ma1achi wrote: I have a question for this club that I am confused on, do gay people believe they are born gay or do they choose it?
Most sane people believe we are born gay. Those who say it's by choice are prats.

Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 08:50 PM, Scarface wrote: Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.

Some may say it's the same with bisexuals who just choose to be with one sex rather than the other. But that's down to preference. Just like some peoples preference in being with someone of a certain race. They're still bisexual after all.


BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 08:50 PM, Scarface wrote: Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.

I choose to fuck guys instead of girls because I like the cock.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 09:04 PM, Painbringer wrote: I choose to fuck guys instead of girls because I like the cock.

Indeed. And I don't do any fucking.


BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:45 PM Reply

should i tell my parents that i love cock and want to be a cute little girl


BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 09:12 PM, Confucianism wrote: Indeed. And I don't do any fucking.

I just used "fuck" as an abbreviation for "have sex with."

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 12/23/12 08:50 PM, Scarface wrote: Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.

Question: What if they genuinely believe that they chose to be the way they are and find nothing wrong with it? Why is this such a bad thing?

For the record, I'm just asking this because you appear at first glance to be thinking in an awfully one-dimensional way.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:06 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 12:23 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Question: What if they genuinely believe that they chose to be the way they are and find nothing wrong with it? Why is this such a bad thing?

For the record, I'm just asking this because you appear at first glance to be thinking in an awfully one-dimensional way.

Honestly, if someone genuinely believes they chose to be gay, then I have no more a right to tell them that they didn't in the same way that they have no right to say that I did choose it. They have a right to believe what they will about their own body. I disagree but I have no right to hold it against them if that's what they honestly believe.

I also think that this whole issue about whether it's a choice is only an issue because of stigma. If there weren't stigma against homosexuality then nobody would care whether it was a choice or not. That's why I personally don't have anything against people who claim to have chosen it; I shouldn't let stigma make it matter to me.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 02:25 AM Reply

Although the exact causes of homosexuality and bisexuality are unknown, scientists have discovered certain factors that may cause individuals to be gay/bisexual....

...My psychology professor stated that stress hormones secreted by pregnant mothers increases the chances that their child(ren) will be gay/bisexual. I thought that was interesting to me and got me wondering just how stressed my mother was when she was pregnant with me. She isn't very good at handling stress, and her inability to do so may have manifested itself in my bisexuality.

If any of you guys are up to it, you should ask your mothers(assuming that their memory is decent and are aware that you are gay/bisexual) if they were frequently suffering from stress while they were pregnant with you.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:39 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 12:52 AM, Ma1achi wrote: the Bible says its wrong so I guess that's why they would say that.

Leviticus and the Romans said it was wrong.

Jesus said one man, one woman.

Jesus never actually said it was wrong.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 07:05 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 04:39 AM, Painbringer wrote: Jesus never actually said it was wrong.

Jesus didn't write the bible. Some geezers did. They combined a number of mixed religions in the Mediteranian region, most noticeably from the Egyptian book of the dead, as well as some truth behind Jesus (Jesus was actually quite a common name back then in relation to the area) and Jesus between his teen years and adulthood went off to India and learned Buddhism and such things. Which is why he was like he was. Ah, but I'm going to stop here before I get too in depth, because there's no point in telling you all this because nobody will really take it to heart. Unfortunately.


BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 09:32 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 08:17 AM, Ma1achi wrote: He did say in Matthew 5 that he didn't come to abolish the old law (meaning the old testament) but to fulfill it, meaning he agrees with Leviticus. o.O

The bible was written after Jesus was around. It was constructed from his teachings, but he didn't write it. Meaning there's a lot of discrepancy between what he said and what you read today.

There's also some debate as to how true the modern translations of the bible are to the original texts. I believe the stance on suicide was added to the bible in the dark ages, supposedly as an attempt to prevent peasants from killing themselves. Effectively, because each modern translation is based upon the last, the message becomes distorted over a long period of time, with quotations being altered slightly to give new meaning, certain aspects emphasised in accordance with what's considered acceptable at the time and segments mistranslated because of the evolution of language. Biblical canon, if you include the really ancient texts, is more confusing than the DC universe.

Most of the really terrible stuff is only from the New American Bible translation anyway.

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM Reply

Oh my, a religious debate. I'm not going to say whether I agree, disagree, or anything, but rather go back to the question I had before and give my personal stance on it. Feel free to disagree with anything I say - assuming you have reasoning to back it up.

First of all, I'd like to state that sexuality falls under the realm of psychology.

Second, for the people who haven't taken a psychology class, it falls under the realm of 'nature vs nurture', or 'biology vs environment'. In other words, is it predisposed from birth or caused by the external world after conception?

Third, my personal stance: It is a combination of the two - nature and nurture. There are studies of homosexuals (sadly, most are on males in my knowledge) which have said that the more children a woman has, the more likely the next one will be homosexual (as an example) - I haven't heard of stress possibly causing homosexuality, but I suppose it's possible. As for the environment, I think that's more of an obvious one - a culture which accepts homosexuality is more likely to have homosexuals, while a culture that is less accepting is less likely. Research has shown that this is could be more relevant than genetics in determining sexuality.

I'd say that if it is up to choice, that 'choice' is largely determined by the environment and culture, so it could be argued that it's not really a choice at all. To me, it's more like (I HATE to use this as an example, because homosexuality isn't a bad thing) the likeliness of alcoholism - choice plays a role, and can determine sexuality, but the likelihood of this choice is determined by genetics and the environment.

I don't exactly have firsthand experience of what it's like to be homosexual since I'm actually asexual, but I think that this makes sense. Thoughts?


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 12:23 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Question: What if they genuinely believe that they chose to be the way they are and find nothing wrong with it? Why is this such a bad thing?

I've never met one person who said they chose to be gay who wasn't using it as a ploy to get attention. If hypothetically someone 'chose' to be gay in order to find love, I suppose that would be alright, but everyone I know who 'chose' to be that way just uses it as a way to think of themselves as an individual.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 12:21 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 12/24/12 12:23 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Question: What if they genuinely believe that they chose to be the way they are and find nothing wrong with it? Why is this such a bad thing?
I've never met one person who said they chose to be gay who wasn't using it as a ploy to get attention. If hypothetically someone 'chose' to be gay in order to find love, I suppose that would be alright, but everyone I know who 'chose' to be that way just uses it as a way to think of themselves as an individual.

I respect your answer for the most part. Just was curious mainly because I really dislike blanket statements.

I don't quite get why you said "a way to think of themselves as an individual". I'm going to assume you mean "in order to get more popularity", because after all - don't you apply labels to yourself that are true in order to more easily define/think of yourself as an individual?


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 01:26 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: I don't quite get why you said "a way to think of themselves as an individual". I'm going to assume you mean "in order to get more popularity", because after all - don't you apply labels to yourself that are true in order to more easily define/think of yourself as an individual?

Teenagers these days are buying into the whole "it's hip to be square" ideal, so they look for things that would normally be uncool, and try to seem that way.

For some, this means buying a pair of glasses and labeling themselves a nerd. For others, this means kissing someone of the same gender and calling yourself bisexual or gay.

It's a way for them to get attention for being different. Their goal isn't necessarily to be popular with everyone, but to be popular with a certain crowd who considers themselves "outcasts". The hilarious part is that this crowd of "outcasts" is now in the majority.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 08:40 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 02:33 PM, Scarface wrote: Teenagers these days are buying into the whole "it's hip to be square" ideal, so they look for things that would normally be uncool, and try to seem that way.

Got it. Had to check.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 12:32 PM Reply

Did everyone have a good Christmas?

notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 12:32 PM, SG3 wrote: Did everyone have a good Christmas?

yea pretty good


BBS Signature
SpamOfCan
SpamOfCan
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 29th, 2012 @ 05:48 PM Reply

aw i missed this plase :'(
sad cuz i broke up wif my boyfreind sorry i havnt been around i aslo died so ya.....
gr8 to be back i guess
luv u NG

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 29th, 2012 @ 11:14 PM Reply

Something kind of awkward happened to me recently.

First I had a chance to have sex with a guy. I felt err... attraction up until the actual moment. Then I just froze and became repulsed by the fact that he was kissing me and made him stop. I felt weird about it and decided that I just didn't like the guy and was too nervous. What's worse is a few weeks later the same thing happened, except the guy was one of my best friends that I had a crush on in high school. Same thing happened, I was turned on a little when I thought about him and he was talking about it but when it came down to it I couldn't have sex with a guy.

The only explanation is that I'm not bi and that I was wrong this entire time. I'm extremely confused and I don't feel that I should be at this age. I was so nervous with the second guy that I was shaking and breathing hard but I still don't think it's enough for nervousness to be an explanation.

I guess it's not that bad, I mean I couldn't care less what sexuality I am but now the best friend I had growing up is avoiding me and I have friends and family that think I'm bi. Plus I have the same conflicting feelings I had at age 13 as an adult. Oh well.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:46 PM Reply

At 12/29/12 11:14 PM, Entice wrote: First I had a chance to have sex with a guy. I felt err... attraction up until the actual moment.

Was it your first time ever having sex? If so, it's possible it wasn't the fact that he was a guy, you just felt a little bit nervous and got cold feet.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 12/29/12 11:14 PM, Entice wrote: Oh well.

Do you ever watch/jerk off to any kind of porn?

The type of porn that turns you on the most is usually a good indicator of your sexuality.

Also, I think that maybe the guys you were with were simply incompatible with you, but I might be wrong.

Either way, it's only a matter of time until you find the right person or persons, whatever their gender.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 09:11 AM Reply

At 12/30/12 03:20 PM, Painbringer wrote: Either way, it's only a matter of time until you find the right person or persons

DON'T MENTION THE WAR!


BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 12/31/12 09:11 AM, Confucianism wrote: DON'T MENTION THE WAR!

Uh, what war?

Seriously, I don't get it.