New Topic Respond to this Topic
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-02-26 06:43:56 Reply

At 2/25/13 10:02 PM, Ketamine4Life wrote: I think I realized that I may be gay, or at least bi. I think I need help figuring out if it's the case.

Personally I define myself by who I have physical attraction to.

For example, whereas personality wise I'm definitely partial to men, when it comes to sexual attraction, I'm attracted to both men and women, so I classify myself as bisexual.

However, labels aren't as important as being comfortable with yourself, so don't worry about figuring out exactly what your sexuality is right this instant, as it's a pretty complex issue.

the-goatman
the-goatman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-01 20:13:16 Reply

I'm bisexual and from what all my friends tell me I really don't make it obvious I'm into guys at all... Which basically amounts to me being almost never approached by guys (except for much older men a few times for some reason >.< ). To top it off I'm also not really into the over the top effeminate guys so I can't necessarily know if guys I'm interested in would be down either...

Anyone else have this issue? It doesn't help that I have no gay friends or connections so pretty much when I'm interested in a guy and can't tell if he's gay I just resort to asking him. Which has led to awkwardness enough times that I've stopped doing it. Is there some kind of secret handshake I'm missing out on here?

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-01 21:05:44 Reply

At 2/25/13 10:02 PM, Ketamine4Life wrote: I think I realized that I may be gay, or at least bi. I think I need help figuring out if it's the case.

You're the only one who can help you figure out your identity, because it's yours to control. Others can support you, but ultimately you have to explore your identity and see where you feel comfortable calling "home".

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-01 23:04:06 Reply

At 3/1/13 08:13 PM, the-goatman wrote: I'm bisexual and from what all my friends tell me I really don't make it obvious I'm into guys at all... Which basically amounts to me being almost never approached by guys

Anyone else have this issue?

I face the exact same situation, and it's horrible. If there's a guy I'm interested in who I don't know is gay, I usually try to find a mutual friend that I can ask, but other than that, I'm afraid I'm stuck. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the only real way is basically to let people know that you're interested in meeting other guys.

the-goatman
the-goatman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-02 19:50:01 Reply

At 3/1/13 11:04 PM, Scarface wrote: I face the exact same situation, and it's horrible. If there's a guy I'm interested in who I don't know is gay, I usually try to find a mutual friend that I can ask, but other than that, I'm afraid I'm stuck. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the only real way is basically to let people know that you're interested in meeting other guys.

Maybe I'll just start wearing a shirt that says DTF and see what I reel in.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-02 20:06:14 Reply

Don't know if you'd be into this for yourself but I'm thinking about buying women's shirts and clothing. Not bright pink shit and miniskirts just something subtlety feminine or androgynous. I like wearing stuff like that anyways and it should make it more obvious that I'm into guys at first glance.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-03 05:46:54 Reply

Hahahaha, aha, that's hilarious. It'll probably work though.

Thank god I don't give off that vibe of being gay. *Shivers* God forbid I should be approached by a guy. Kind of why I go out of my way not to go to those kinds of places where it would happen.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-10 19:17:36 Reply

I'm convinced there are no gay guys in my school that aren't flamboyant stereotypes.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-10 21:26:32 Reply

At 3/10/13 07:17 PM, Scarface wrote: I'm convinced there are no gay guys in my school that aren't flamboyant stereotypes.

That's because the rest of them are in the closet.

/logic.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-10 22:04:34 Reply

At 3/10/13 09:26 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/10/13 07:17 PM, Scarface wrote: I'm convinced there are no gay guys in my school that aren't flamboyant stereotypes.
That's because the rest of them are in the closet.

/logic.

I wish more of them were out of the closet. You'd think in a school of almost 5,000 I could find one gay guy I like.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 06:26:25 Reply

At 3/10/13 10:04 PM, Scarface wrote: I wish more of them were out of the closet.

There's a fine line between closet and flamboyant.

You'd think in a school of almost 5,000 I could find one gay guy I like.

I think having more students just makes them harder to find.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 06:47:18 Reply

At 3/11/13 06:26 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/10/13 10:04 PM, Scarface wrote: I wish more of them were out of the closet.
There's a fine line between closet and flamboyant.

I suppose that's true. It's just difficult to find people I like in general I guess.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 14:45:58 Reply

At 3/11/13 06:47 AM, Scarface wrote: I suppose that's true. It's just difficult to find people I like in general I guess.

When it comes to finding gays in high school, asking may not get you anywhere, but telling might.

Don't ask, but do tell.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 15:44:57 Reply

At 3/11/13 02:45 PM, Painbringer wrote: When it comes to finding gays in high school, asking may not get you anywhere, but telling might.

Don't ask, but do tell.

I concur. Best way to go about it. In my humble opinion I don't think creating a club is a good idea. Oh, and not that I think it's a bad idea for you to do this (Even though I really do think it's a bad thing) don't dress really flamboyantly.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 16:07:29 Reply

At 3/11/13 03:44 PM, Confucianism wrote: I concur. Best way to go about it. In my humble opinion I don't think creating a club is a good idea.

My school already has a GSA. I went to a meeting once, because some friends were coming back from college to go to it, but I didn't like most of the people in the club. They seemed really obnoxious.

Oh, and not that I think it's a bad idea for you to do this (Even though I really do think it's a bad thing) don't dress really flamboyantly.

God, no.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 16:17:07 Reply

At 3/11/13 04:07 PM, Scarface wrote: My school already has a GSA. I went to a meeting once, because some friends were coming back from college to go to it, but I didn't like most of the people in the club. They seemed really obnoxious.

Why are you complaining then? You have friends who are the scene as well. More than I have. Not that I really care to have lots of gay friends. Indeed, often they act all segregated and oppressed. Which I find amusing. If only my school had one so I could laugh at them. That is, if there were any like that.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 18:57:23 Reply

At 3/11/13 04:17 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 3/11/13 04:07 PM, Scarface wrote: My school already has a GSA. I went to a meeting once, because some friends were coming back from college to go to it, but I didn't like most of the people in the club. They seemed really obnoxious.
Why are you complaining then? You have friends who are the scene as well.

They graduated last year, but come back from time to time. It's rare, though. The rest of the people in the club are okay, but most are just obnoxious people who want to feel special.

More than I have. Not that I really care to have lots of gay friends. Indeed, often they act all segregated and oppressed. Which I find amusing. If only my school had one so I could laugh at them. That is, if there were any like that.

I don't feel oppressed or alienated or anything, I just wish I could find more that weren't douche bags.

AzureDexel
AzureDexel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-11 22:01:38 Reply

309 pages? Holy-

Ahem. Anyways, since I'm thinking of joining, would this club recognize pansexuality? Or would I just kinda be tramping on the vibe that's obviously going on here?

Just remember one thing; at the end, the only person you need to live with is yourself. Don't be afraid to have pride. In the end, you'll have no regrets if you love yourself.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 06:48:53 Reply

At 3/11/13 10:01 PM, AzureDexel wrote: Anyways, since I'm thinking of joining, would this club recognize pansexuality? Or would I just kinda be tramping on the vibe that's obviously going on here?

You're absolutely welcome here. We allow all users, gay, bi, pan, straight, to just hang out here and talk whenever they feel like it.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 07:12:50 Reply

At 3/12/13 06:48 AM, Scarface wrote: You're absolutely welcome here. We allow all users, gay, bi, pan, straight, to just hang out here and talk whenever they feel like it.

I still think of pans as bisexuals but extremely pedantic about the descriptions of themselves.

BBS Signature
AzureDexel
AzureDexel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 08:01:18 Reply

At 3/12/13 06:48 AM, Scarface wrote: You're absolutely welcome here. We allow all users, gay, bi, pan, straight, to just hang out here and talk whenever they feel like it.

Thanks, mate. Can't say I'll be here every day, but I've still got plenty of spare time.

At 3/12/13 07:12 AM, Confucianism wrote: I still think of pans as bisexuals but extremely pedantic about the descriptions of themselves.

"Pedantic"...now that's a million dollar word. You're the first person I know to use that.

Anyways, the two are essentially the same with attraction; pansexual just places emphasis on not caring about the partner's gender or sexual identity, something bisexuality fails to do. It's really nitpicking, but still, the two do have different communities and flags. Bisexuality just addresses the current male-female dichotomy; pansexuality explicitly sees it more as a gradient.

In other words, I just felt the label of 'bisexual' to be rather limiting as compared to 'pansexual'. They're not interchangeable for me. But they're just labels in the end, so I won't hammer it into your head.

Just remember one thing; at the end, the only person you need to live with is yourself. Don't be afraid to have pride. In the end, you'll have no regrets if you love yourself.

SimSimSalabim
SimSimSalabim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 14:57:16 Reply

At 7/17/08 05:32 PM, O0-0O-O0-0O wrote:
(2) - No flaming.

how you gonna say that wit all these flames comin to join?

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 15:23:36 Reply

At 3/12/13 02:57 PM, SimSimSalabim wrote: how you gonna say that wit all these flames comin to join?

It says no fla-ming, not no fla-mers.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 16:05:00 Reply

What do you call a gay bar without any stools?

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 16:16:46 Reply

At 3/12/13 04:05 PM, Confucianism wrote: What do you call a gay bar without any stools?

A gay building with colorful drinks and no place to sit?

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 16:25:09 Reply

At 3/12/13 04:05 PM, Confucianism wrote: What do you call a gay bar without any stools?

Unless it's some kind of shit joke, I have no clue.

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 16:26:55 Reply

A Denny's

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 16:30:44 Reply

A fruit stand.

BBS Signature
SketchbookProtest
SketchbookProtest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 17:04:26 Reply

I don't know, what?

Want more fans? Promote this URL: http://sketchbookprotest.newgrounds.com/follow
NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this in the forums, then it is because your browser

BBS Signature
SketchbookProtest
SketchbookProtest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2013-03-12 17:06:00 Reply

At 3/12/13 05:04 PM, SG3 wrote:
I don't know, what?

Oops. Should've refreshed the page.

Good joke anyway.

Want more fans? Promote this URL: http://sketchbookprotest.newgrounds.com/follow
NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this in the forums, then it is because your browser

BBS Signature