Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

  • 296,075 Views
  • 9,905 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-18 16:58:13 Reply

At 12/18/12 04:55 PM, Scarface wrote: That's the problem. I feel like I'll never find one person who makes me happy. That's terribly depressing.

Which is why you find someone better than everyone else. Emotively connective.


BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-18 17:07:50 Reply

At 12/18/12 04:59 PM, Provoke wrote: I find beauty in how complex our systems are, how there are millions of cells trying to make organs and muscles which in turn makes you. Of course, I could be talking out of my ass and not know what I'm talking about.

Well, I suppose that's a very simplified and tossed out version of how fascinating our bodies are, I suppose. I would take it upon myself to inspect every nook and cranny of the person I adore. Simply because the human body fascinates me and I don't even like touching or being touched by most people. So with this person I like to touch, it would be very exiting. *Cough* Don't worry, I won't dissect him.


BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-18 18:01:11 Reply

At 12/18/12 05:57 PM, NavonodGames wrote: Your hypocrisy shines through here Scarface, I know if I were to make such a statement to you, it would be a instant PM to a mod for a ban, grow the fuck up.

You obviously don't know him very well then.


BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-18 18:06:15 Reply

At 12/18/12 06:03 PM, NavonodGames wrote: Hes done it to me before on another account.

And which account would this be? Prey tell.


BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-18 21:31:42 Reply

At 12/18/12 04:02 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 12/18/12 12:35 PM, NavonodGames wrote:
How? Is being gay the "in" thing with straight people right now?
No its not, I do not know why people say that. People do not want to pretend to be gay, there is no benefit except ridicule, which is why you have closet cases.

You've just poked a huge hole in your own argument. Why then, if what you say is true, would people brag about it?

narrow conversation only about sex
As a long time member, we actually don't talk about sex that much.
But you do though.

Not really, no. It's bound to come up in conversation, but it's not as if it's the topic of the thread.

Well you guys act like its special with your clubs and parades.

You made the hasty generalization that all gays support parades. Clubs are a way for gays to seek advice, help, and a sense of community if they can't find it in their own community. We don't exclude heterosexual members.

Actually, I use the word faggot pretty frequently. For example, we are gay, and you're a total faggot.
Your hypocrisy shines through here Scarface, I know if I were to make such a statement to you, it would be a instant PM to a mod for a ban, grow the fuck up.

I don't think you know what the word hypocrisy means. I've never reported anyone for using the word faggot. Speaking of which, I don't think you know what the word faggot means, either, since it no longer means homosexual. Dude. It's 2012. I think it's time you started learning what these very, very, very, very basic words mean.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-18 21:55:42 Reply

At 12/18/12 05:57 PM, NavonodGames wrote: Why would you do that? It's makes you just as bad as the other stereotypical cliques. Why would society appreciate you? What do you do for them?

What makes us different than anyone else who makes a thread in C&C? I don't see how we're at all a clique. The only thing that links us together is the fact that we all post in this thread.

Your confusing sex with sexuality. Two different things.

Are you actually complaining about us talking about sexuality in a thread dedicated to talking about sexuality?

It means having sex with multiple partners in a never ending cycle.

Very few of us actually do that. A number of us are virgins.

Right, buts its like those religious groups are your excuse to bash religion.

We can complain about specific religious groups without intending to shame every religious person.

You guys are not strangers, I have been lurking for years on NG and other Gay/Bi rooms/chats, I have gotten to know your personalities quite well.

I rarely talk about sexuality outside of this thread.

Well you guys act like its special with your clubs and parades.

The parades exists for the purpose of simply making a presence. When the gay community kept itself underground, the rest of society looked at it like a fetish community. Demonstrations put the community out into the public eye, which is part of the process of normalizing it. It's just that nobody pays attention to boring demonstrations. And in my experience with gay pride parades, they exist much more as celebrations of being open about our sexuality as opposed to celebrations of the actual sexuality.

And gay clubs are just ways for people to meet each other. When you go to a regular club, the assumption is that you're straight so it's hard to meet people.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-19 06:29:53 Reply

At 12/18/12 09:55 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: When you go to a regular club, the assumption is that you're straight so it's hard to meet people.

A couple of days ago I was thinking that there will always be a need to come out, unless society stops assuming that everyone is straight and assumes that they can be either/or.

Example: Instead of asking "who's the lucky lady?" the father could ask "who's the lucky person?"

Now would that be too much to ask?

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-19 06:40:54 Reply

At 12/19/12 06:29 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 12/18/12 09:55 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: When you go to a regular club, the assumption is that you're straight so it's hard to meet people.
A couple of days ago I was thinking that there will always be a need to come out, unless society stops assuming that everyone is straight and assumes that they can be either/or.

Example: Instead of asking "who's the lucky lady?" the father could ask "who's the lucky person?"

Now would that be too much to ask?

Some time in the future, that will be the case, but it won't be for a while. That's just the way society thinks right now, and it takes more than just a movement or a law to change that, it takes time.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-21 18:05:41 Reply

At 12/19/12 06:40 AM, Scarface wrote: Some time in the future, that will be the case, but it won't be for a while. That's just the way society thinks right now, and it takes more than just a movement or a law to change that, it takes time.

Gene Roddenberry once said that in the 24th Century no one will care if you're straight or gay.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-21 18:08:31 Reply

At 12/21/12 06:05 PM, Painbringer wrote: Gene Roddenberry once said that in the 24th Century no one will care if you're straight or gay.

I think people will. Certainly you would want to know who you can have sex with or not.


BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-21 19:43:06 Reply

At 12/21/12 06:08 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 12/21/12 06:05 PM, Painbringer wrote: Gene Roddenberry once said that in the 24th Century no one will care if you're straight or gay.
I think people will. Certainly you would want to know who you can have sex with or not.

People will be interested to find out, but they won't judge you for it. That's what he meant.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-22 05:18:41 Reply

At 12/21/12 07:43 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 12/21/12 06:08 PM, Confucianism wrote: I think people will. Certainly you would want to know who you can have sex with or not.
People will be interested to find out, but they won't judge you for it. That's what he meant.

The way I interpret it is that everyone, man or woman, will be treated as equals, and you can ask anyone out based on attraction, not gender.

Also, here's something that made the news a couple days ago:

http://www.theprovince.com/life/Teacher+suspended+after+show ing+Grade+kids+LGBT+video+featuring/7729324/story.html

This video, made by an openly gay teacher, promotes LGBT tolerance, but parents of grade 4 students find it inappropriate.

I dunno. I saw way stranger things in cartoons when I was is grade 4 than that.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-22 08:40:14 Reply

At 12/22/12 05:18 AM, Painbringer wrote: The way I interpret it is that everyone, man or woman, will be treated as equals

No they won't. Ever. And this is regardless of sex. People will never be treated as equals in the eyes of those with the say.

I dunno. I saw way stranger things in cartoons when I was is grade 4 than that.

Yes, but that wasn't real.


BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-22 13:49:10 Reply

At 12/22/12 01:04 PM, Provoke wrote: That's a really negative view isn't it?

I'm a realist. That is the reality of the matter. And those who deny it are, well, in denial and don't want to face the true nature of things.


BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 12:42:02 Reply

At 12/23/12 08:31 AM, Provoke wrote: Of course things will go down that road, but at least have a little bit of hope for something better.

Oh sure, we can all hope.


BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 14:01:23 Reply

At 12/22/12 01:49 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 12/22/12 01:04 PM, Provoke wrote: That's a really negative view isn't it?
I'm a realist. That is the reality of the matter. And those who deny it are, well, in denial and don't want to face the true nature of things.

I'm not entirely hopeful, either. I think humans in general have a predisposition to segregating ourselves into us and them. There will always be inequality of some kind. I just think that that inequality will shift away from sexual orientation. Homosexuality will be normalize and accepted not because society has improved but because society will have shifted its attention to another demographic. Take the Irish in America for example. Back in the early 20th century, if you were Irish, you could barely get a job but now, it's entirely a non-issue. The prejudice against them has disappeared entirely because our attention has shifted to other groups (in this particular example, I'd say the prejudice has shifted to Hispanic immigrants). I believe something similar will happen with sexual orientation.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 18:28:51 Reply

At 12/23/12 04:54 PM, Ma1achi wrote: I have a question for this club that I am confused on, do gay people believe they are born gay or do they choose it?

Most sane people believe we are born gay. Those who say it's by choice are prats.


BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 20:50:06 Reply

At 12/23/12 06:28 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 12/23/12 04:54 PM, Ma1achi wrote: I have a question for this club that I am confused on, do gay people believe they are born gay or do they choose it?
Most sane people believe we are born gay. Those who say it's by choice are prats.

Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 20:54:46 Reply

At 12/23/12 08:50 PM, Scarface wrote: Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.

Some may say it's the same with bisexuals who just choose to be with one sex rather than the other. But that's down to preference. Just like some peoples preference in being with someone of a certain race. They're still bisexual after all.


BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 21:04:51 Reply

At 12/23/12 08:50 PM, Scarface wrote: Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.

I choose to fuck guys instead of girls because I like the cock.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 21:12:24 Reply

At 12/23/12 09:04 PM, Painbringer wrote: I choose to fuck guys instead of girls because I like the cock.

Indeed. And I don't do any fucking.


BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 21:45:51 Reply

should i tell my parents that i love cock and want to be a cute little girl


BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-23 23:39:54 Reply

At 12/23/12 09:12 PM, Confucianism wrote: Indeed. And I don't do any fucking.

I just used "fuck" as an abbreviation for "have sex with."

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-24 00:23:35 Reply

At 12/23/12 08:50 PM, Scarface wrote: Yes. I can understand heterosexuals wondering if it's a choice, but I have no respect for any homosexual or bisexual who says that they chose to be that way. Fuck them.

Question: What if they genuinely believe that they chose to be the way they are and find nothing wrong with it? Why is this such a bad thing?

For the record, I'm just asking this because you appear at first glance to be thinking in an awfully one-dimensional way.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-24 01:06:40 Reply

At 12/24/12 12:23 AM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Question: What if they genuinely believe that they chose to be the way they are and find nothing wrong with it? Why is this such a bad thing?

For the record, I'm just asking this because you appear at first glance to be thinking in an awfully one-dimensional way.

Honestly, if someone genuinely believes they chose to be gay, then I have no more a right to tell them that they didn't in the same way that they have no right to say that I did choose it. They have a right to believe what they will about their own body. I disagree but I have no right to hold it against them if that's what they honestly believe.

I also think that this whole issue about whether it's a choice is only an issue because of stigma. If there weren't stigma against homosexuality then nobody would care whether it was a choice or not. That's why I personally don't have anything against people who claim to have chosen it; I shouldn't let stigma make it matter to me.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-24 02:25:28 Reply

Although the exact causes of homosexuality and bisexuality are unknown, scientists have discovered certain factors that may cause individuals to be gay/bisexual....

...My psychology professor stated that stress hormones secreted by pregnant mothers increases the chances that their child(ren) will be gay/bisexual. I thought that was interesting to me and got me wondering just how stressed my mother was when she was pregnant with me. She isn't very good at handling stress, and her inability to do so may have manifested itself in my bisexuality.

If any of you guys are up to it, you should ask your mothers(assuming that their memory is decent and are aware that you are gay/bisexual) if they were frequently suffering from stress while they were pregnant with you.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-24 04:39:52 Reply

At 12/24/12 12:52 AM, Ma1achi wrote: the Bible says its wrong so I guess that's why they would say that.

Leviticus and the Romans said it was wrong.

Jesus said one man, one woman.

Jesus never actually said it was wrong.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-24 07:05:02 Reply

At 12/24/12 04:39 AM, Painbringer wrote: Jesus never actually said it was wrong.

Jesus didn't write the bible. Some geezers did. They combined a number of mixed religions in the Mediteranian region, most noticeably from the Egyptian book of the dead, as well as some truth behind Jesus (Jesus was actually quite a common name back then in relation to the area) and Jesus between his teen years and adulthood went off to India and learned Buddhism and such things. Which is why he was like he was. Ah, but I'm going to stop here before I get too in depth, because there's no point in telling you all this because nobody will really take it to heart. Unfortunately.


BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-24 09:32:16 Reply

At 12/24/12 08:17 AM, Ma1achi wrote: He did say in Matthew 5 that he didn't come to abolish the old law (meaning the old testament) but to fulfill it, meaning he agrees with Leviticus. o.O

The bible was written after Jesus was around. It was constructed from his teachings, but he didn't write it. Meaning there's a lot of discrepancy between what he said and what you read today.

There's also some debate as to how true the modern translations of the bible are to the original texts. I believe the stance on suicide was added to the bible in the dark ages, supposedly as an attempt to prevent peasants from killing themselves. Effectively, because each modern translation is based upon the last, the message becomes distorted over a long period of time, with quotations being altered slightly to give new meaning, certain aspects emphasised in accordance with what's considered acceptable at the time and segments mistranslated because of the evolution of language. Biblical canon, if you include the really ancient texts, is more confusing than the DC universe.

Most of the really terrible stuff is only from the New American Bible translation anyway.

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-12-24 10:40:31 Reply

Oh my, a religious debate. I'm not going to say whether I agree, disagree, or anything, but rather go back to the question I had before and give my personal stance on it. Feel free to disagree with anything I say - assuming you have reasoning to back it up.

First of all, I'd like to state that sexuality falls under the realm of psychology.

Second, for the people who haven't taken a psychology class, it falls under the realm of 'nature vs nurture', or 'biology vs environment'. In other words, is it predisposed from birth or caused by the external world after conception?

Third, my personal stance: It is a combination of the two - nature and nurture. There are studies of homosexuals (sadly, most are on males in my knowledge) which have said that the more children a woman has, the more likely the next one will be homosexual (as an example) - I haven't heard of stress possibly causing homosexuality, but I suppose it's possible. As for the environment, I think that's more of an obvious one - a culture which accepts homosexuality is more likely to have homosexuals, while a culture that is less accepting is less likely. Research has shown that this is could be more relevant than genetics in determining sexuality.

I'd say that if it is up to choice, that 'choice' is largely determined by the environment and culture, so it could be argued that it's not really a choice at all. To me, it's more like (I HATE to use this as an example, because homosexuality isn't a bad thing) the likeliness of alcoholism - choice plays a role, and can determine sexuality, but the likelihood of this choice is determined by genetics and the environment.

I don't exactly have firsthand experience of what it's like to be homosexual since I'm actually asexual, but I think that this makes sense. Thoughts?


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature