5tarboy
5tarboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 15:32:37 Reply

At 11/11/12 01:08 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 11/11/12 12:16 PM, 5tarboy wrote: I never mentioned God in my posts. I'm saying marriage was made for straight people, which is probably what they are getting at.
Why do you think marriage should be specifically for straight people though?

I don't really care, but I can see who the people who oppose it are saying, marriage was designed by straight people for straight people.

Just think of this, what do you think the point of marriage is? It can't be reproduction, because people who are sterile and can't have children still get married. So what is it then?

Then they adopt kids.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 15:37:40 Reply

At 11/11/12 03:31 PM, seventhcolumn wrote: ehem > ~ > well then someone's time of the month is hitting them quite hard i see

Yes, that's exactly what's happening right now. I'm glad we cleared that up. Hehehehe.

*Mood swing*

BBS Signature
seventhcolumn
seventhcolumn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 15:39:05 Reply

At 11/11/12 03:37 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 11/11/12 03:31 PM, seventhcolumn wrote: ehem > ~ > well then someone's time of the month is hitting them quite hard i see
Yes, that's exactly what's happening right now. I'm glad we cleared that up. Hehehehe.

*Mood swing*

o-O w-wha? ok then > ~ >
*poke*
hey i have a question!!!

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 15:41:15 Reply

At 11/11/12 03:39 PM, seventhcolumn wrote: o-O w-wha? ok then > ~ >
*poke*
hey i have a question!!!

Ask away little lady. Let old Confucianism ease your quires.

BBS Signature
seventhcolumn
seventhcolumn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 15:43:59 Reply

At 11/11/12 03:41 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 11/11/12 03:39 PM, seventhcolumn wrote: o-O w-wha? ok then > ~ >
*poke*
hey i have a question!!!
Ask away little lady. Let old Confucianism ease your quires.

*blush*
well err, eheh it's okay to post adult images on newgrounds right? :P

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 15:47:17 Reply

At 11/11/12 03:43 PM, seventhcolumn wrote: *blush*

If it's on topic with the topic and, either within a NSFW thread, or is a link with the words NSFW somewhere.

*Leans in and raises an eyebrow*

You're not an alt are you?

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:03:09 Reply

The reaction face on the other page was my reaction to you referring to straight people as "normal people" (that's not my face though I'm not ugly).

At 11/11/12 03:32 PM, 5tarboy wrote: I don't really care, but I can see who the people who oppose it are saying, marriage was designed by straight people for straight people.

Not necessarily at the exclusion of other people.

The purpose of marriage in modern society is to show lifelong romantic love. No one cares what it was originally, that's one of those arguments that's used to skirt the real issue. With homosexuals you have two consenting adults that are in love with each other. The fact that they want to get married is enough to validate the fact that they fit the modern definition of a married couple.

Then they adopt kids.

There are many married couples, even fertile couples, that have no intention of ever having children.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:13:33 Reply

At 11/11/12 03:43 PM, seventhcolumn wrote: *blush*

What did you have in mind?

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:15:24 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:13 PM, Scarface wrote: What did you have in mind?

Step away boyo. I've already sorted this out.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:17:54 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:15 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 11/11/12 04:13 PM, Scarface wrote: What did you have in mind?
Step away boyo. I've already sorted this out.

Must you crush my fantasies?

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:19:18 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:17 PM, Scarface wrote: Must you crush my fantasies?

Yes. Otherwise they could run rampant among your hormonally driven mind.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:33:41 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:19 PM, Confucianism wrote:

Yeah....

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:34:48 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:33 PM, Scarface wrote:
Yeah....

...and?

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:36:13 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:34 PM, Entice wrote: ...and?

That's bad.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 16:38:49 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:36 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 11/11/12 04:34 PM, Entice wrote: ...and?
That's bad.

Admittedly, yes, that is pretty bad. And I'm pretty bad when it comes to controlling my thoughts.

BBS Signature
5tarboy
5tarboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 18:12:49 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:03 PM, Entice wrote: The reaction face on the other page was my reaction to you referring to straight people as "normal people" (that's not my face though I'm not ugly).

Normal just means the standard or majority. I am not normal either, I am not going to pretend to be.

At 11/11/12 03:32 PM, 5tarboy wrote: I don't really care, but I can see who the people who oppose it are saying, marriage was designed by straight people for straight people.
The purpose of marriage in modern society is to show lifelong romantic love.

This may be one reason, but its also to benefit financially and start a family.

:No one cares what it was originally

Well they obviously do given the dramatic opposition to gay marriage.

that's one of those arguments that's used to skirt the real issue. With homosexuals you have two consenting adults that are in love with each other. The fact that they want to get married is enough to validate the fact that they fit the modern definition of a married couple.

That's not the definition of a married couple. Wanting to be something doesn't mean you are.

Then they adopt kids.
There are many married couples, even fertile couples, that have no intention of ever having children.

The majority conceived or adopted children. That's one of the main points of marriage.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-11 18:40:53 Reply

tell me more about these fantasies of yours.

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-12 11:59:48 Reply

So, the voice actor and puppeteer of Elmo was apparently banging a 16 year old boy. Am I the only one who envies this 16 year old boy who was being fucked this handsome stud?

In an interesting note, the in the UK it would't be illegal because the age of consent is only 16.

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

We shall see how brave you are when nailed to the walls of Hoover Dam. Your body facing west so you may watch your world burn

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-12 12:02:59 Reply

At 11/12/12 11:59 AM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
In an interesting note, the in the UK it would't be illegal because the age of consent is only 16.

It's not that interesting.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-12 18:28:22 Reply

At 11/12/12 12:02 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 11/12/12 11:59 AM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
It's not that interesting.

Actually it is pretty interesting how countries so similar disagree on the age of consensual sex. Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think the age of consent should be?

I wouldn't have a problem with it being 16.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-12 20:07:53 Reply

At 11/12/12 06:28 PM, Scarface wrote: I wouldn't have a problem with it being 16.

16 seems just about right. Though I personally go for those 18 and older.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-13 20:33:49 Reply

At 11/12/12 07:55 PM, Light wrote: Everyone should read this homophobic article

I beg to differ.

Asking me to read that article is like asking me to go visit an insane asylum, or Westborough Baptist Church rally, just to hear them rant and rave.

You can't change their opinions either way, and the anger isn't worth it.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-16 17:52:51 Reply

At 11/11/12 06:12 PM, 5tarboy wrote: This may be one reason, but its also to benefit financially and start a family.

Marriage benefits homosexuals financially, and they can raise a family (see below).

Well they obviously do given the dramatic opposition to gay marriage.

But they shouldn't. Marriage is a cultural construct. Claiming that it has to be something because that's how it's been for a while is an appeal to tradition, which is logically fallacious as it doesn't provide any real justification for why a change can't happen. "Change hasn't happened for a while, so it shouldn't happen now" isn't a justifiable argument.

That's not the definition of a married couple. Wanting to be something doesn't mean you are.

The definition of a married couple has changed over the course of history. Throughout history, an overwhelmingly high number of societies believed marriage to be polygamous with men having multiple wives or concubines. In other societies, it was a joining of two families for the purpose of political gain. It can change again.

The majority conceived or adopted children. That's one of the main points of marriage.

Homosexual couples can adopt children, and homosexual women can have artificial insemination. Consequently, that makes them no different than heterosexual couples who are sterile or passed child bearing age.

At 11/12/12 07:55 PM, Light wrote: lol

Everyone should read this homophobic article by the Concerned Women for America, a religious organization seeking to impose its values on everyone else.

You can just feel the butthurt in the article when they discuss the legalization of marriage in 2 states via popular vote.

Roam around the website for more lulz.

Typical biased babbling of the proponents of theocracy. I like how she supports her point with completely irrelevant data about single parent households. I'm amused whenever scientifically illiterate people attempt (and fail) to be factual. But fortunately, she's only preaching to the choir.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-17 08:43:53 Reply

So, apparently Uganda is proposing to pass a bill in 2013 that would make homosexuality punishable by death. Even worse, the country's homophobia was supposedly exacerbated by American evangelist Christian missionaries preaching the horrors of being gay. Anyone hear anything about this?

I find it genuinely terrifying that, on a global level, LGBT people are vastly outnumbered by those who utterly despise them. Gives me an inferiority complex just thinking about it.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-20 00:49:05 Reply

At 11/17/12 08:43 AM, SG3 wrote: So, apparently Uganda is proposing to pass a bill in 2013 that would make homosexuality punishable by death. Even worse, the country's homophobia was supposedly exacerbated by American evangelist Christian missionaries preaching the horrors of being gay. Anyone hear anything about this?

I heard about that. It doesn't surprise me, although the fact that it was encouraged by American Christian fundamentalists adds to my jaded cynicism. I don't want to hate religion; I really don't. I understand that it empowers a lot of people to do good, and I know that moderate religious people do no harm. My father is a church deacon. But I can't help but feel indignant despite my better judgment. I know that without religion, people would only find another excuse. I know that this persecution is founded on a deeper foundation than simple religious preaching. People are simply afraid of the unfamiliar by nature, and they would likely act the same with or without religion. But all the same, I can't stop myself from wishing religion away. I guess its just an indicator that I'm guilty of being part of the "us and them" culture.

I find it genuinely terrifying that, on a global level, LGBT people are vastly outnumbered by those who utterly despise them. Gives me an inferiority complex just thinking about it.

It doesn't make me feel inferior. I'm not going to let a bunch of fundamentalist bigots dictate my self image. But I'm tired of it making me tentative to talk about it. I go to an extremely liberal college, and my friends are all supportive of gay rights. Yet for some reason, I feel uncomfortable talking about how I like girls. There's no real rationale since I know that thy have no problem with it yet I feel most comfortable when I go along with them talking about attractive men. I've even been outright told that they think its cool that I'm openly gay but I still don't feel comfortable making comments about attractive women like the ones they make about men.

I also went to an extremely liberal high school so I was never bullied for my sexuality. Consequently, it's not like I have lingering insecurities arising from past social ostracizing. It's just that I hear all these stories that give me this irrational fear of these people--that is, my friends--alienating me. So I don't talk about it even though I would like to. I would like to talk about my issues, that is, my loneliness and frustration with the fact that I can't seem to meet single, gay women here because it's on my mind a lot. But I can't because of this irrational fear so I get indignant and frustrated with the world.

Not sure where I'm going with this. ramble ramble ramble ramble. It's late.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-20 06:46:37 Reply

At 11/20/12 12:49 AM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: It doesn't make me feel inferior. I'm not going to let a bunch of fundamentalist bigots dictate my self image. But I'm tired of it making me tentative to talk about it. I go to an extremely liberal college, and my friends are all supportive of gay rights. Yet for some reason, I feel uncomfortable talking about how I like girls. There's no real rationale since I know that thy have no problem with it yet I feel most comfortable when I go along with them talking about attractive men. I've even been outright told that they think its cool that I'm openly gay but I still don't feel comfortable making comments about attractive women like the ones they make about men.

This pretty much. I don't like talking about my sexuality. It's not that I want to talk about it all the time, I honestly hate people who do that, but I do want to at least be able to talk about it. I live in an area where most people would probably be okay with it, but I'm still afraid, and I don't know why.

I also went to an extremely liberal high school so I was never bullied for my sexuality. Consequently, it's not like I have lingering insecurities arising from past social ostracizing. It's just that I hear all these stories that give me this irrational fear of these people--that is, my friends--alienating me. So I don't talk about it even though I would like to. I would like to talk about my issues, that is, my loneliness and frustration with the fact that I can't seem to meet single, gay women here because it's on my mind a lot. But I can't because of this irrational fear so I get indignant and frustrated with the world.

Again, I share your frustration. I suppose I've always been a little on the paranoid side, but I too have this fear that some people (not many, but some) would no longer want to associate themselves with me.

Worse, I fear (and I know I've talked about this a lot, but it still applies) that I'll be immediately grouped in with stereotypical, overly-flamboyant homosexuals in my school, who I'm not like at all.

Not sure where I'm going with this. ramble ramble ramble ramble. It's late.

Keep on rambling, that's what the internet is for.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-23 09:06:55 Reply

I hate Thanksgiving.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-23 10:29:09 Reply

At 11/23/12 09:06 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I hate Thanksgiving.

Any reason in particular?

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-11-23 17:42:47 Reply

At 11/23/12 10:29 AM, Scarface wrote:
At 11/23/12 09:06 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I hate Thanksgiving.
Any reason in particular?

Probably hates spending time with family.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile