SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 06:46 AM Reply

At 10/10/12 03:51 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 10/9/12 09:08 PM, Entice wrote: What's your personal gender identity?
People can view themselves as anything they want. It just doesn't make it true.
I go by science. Not someone wanting to be something they're not and thusly stating what they think they are when indeed they are not. And frankly I don't care that my view on the matter is harsh, we are made by science, not by choice.

I'm fairly certain science tends to agree with trans people here, actually. Haven't there been studies done showing that people who identify themselves as the opposite sex have the same or similar brain structure to match that gender?

This also supports the theory (I use theory loosely here, because at this stage it's pretty much proven) that sexual orientation is affected by hormones during pregnancy, causing the brain to develop in a way that matches the opposite gender. Hence the attraction to members of the same sex. Couldn't people having different gender identities be just a more severe example of this phenomenon?

That said, I was under the impression pansexuality was more a case of emotion attraction, and wasn't driven by sexual desire. It's good we're getting more inclusivity here; I'm expanding my knowledge. Welcome to club, bro!

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 07:15 AM Reply

At 10/10/12 06:46 AM, SG3 wrote:

I don't view the brain as being the soul decider of gender. I view the organs and layout of a person as the decider.

BBS Signature
InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 10/10/12 06:46 AM, SG3 wrote:
At 10/10/12 03:51 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 10/9/12 09:08 PM, Entice wrote: What's your personal gender identity?
People can view themselves as anything they want. It just doesn't make it true.
I go by science. Not someone wanting to be something they're not and thusly stating what they think they are when indeed they are not. And frankly I don't care that my view on the matter is harsh, we are made by science, not by choice.
I'm fairly certain science tends to agree with trans people here, actually. Haven't there been studies done showing that people who identify themselves as the opposite sex have the same or similar brain structure to match that gender?

This also supports the theory (I use theory loosely here, because at this stage it's pretty much proven) that sexual orientation is affected by hormones during pregnancy, causing the brain to develop in a way that matches the opposite gender. Hence the attraction to members of the same sex. Couldn't people having different gender identities be just a more severe example of this phenomenon?

That said, I was under the impression pansexuality was more a case of emotion attraction, and wasn't driven by sexual desire. It's good we're getting more inclusivity here; I'm expanding my knowledge. Welcome to club, bro!

Like i said these were my views but then again i guarantee that if you ask any pansexual they will give you a vaguely different explanation. It mostly depends on you background whether your spiritual or scientific, I'm half way between hence why i go with the explanation "personality". Thank you btw for welcoming me and i'll try answer any questions on here or in a PM if any one so desires =D

I said viewed loosely i know i'm a man was just stating that if i got hit by a ray of awesomeness (or something like that) and got turned in to a woman i wouldn't complain -.-

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 10:41 AM Reply

At 10/10/12 06:46 AM, SG3 wrote: I'm fairly certain science tends to agree with trans people here, actually. Haven't there been studies done showing that people who identify themselves as the opposite sex have the same or similar brain structure to match that gender?

Actually no. The prevalent theory is that transsexuals are either very feminine homosexuals who do not feel comfortable as men or straight men that have an overwhelming desire to become a woman. There are literal women that are born with male or masculine genitalia but that's an extremely rare occurrence and those people do not behave the same as transsexuals. Sex changes are usually motivated by a social desire (a woman in a dress is more socially acceptable than a woman in a dress).

Transsexual activists often find this theory transphobic but I don't see how, even the people that support it agree that sex changes are beneficial in many cases.

At 10/10/12 07:15 AM, Confucianism wrote: I don't view the brain as being the soul decider of gender. I view the organs and layout of a person as the decider.

That determines your sex, not your gender.

Gender is a social construct that encompasses how one dresses, how one acts, and the role they play in society. In most societies it's expected to be the same as your physical sex but that's not a universal rule.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 10:43 AM Reply

At 10/10/12 10:41 AM, Entice wrote: Actually no. The prevalent theory is that transsexuals are either very feminine homosexuals who do not feel comfortable as men or straight men that have an overwhelming desire to become a woman.

As in, there's more than one type of transsexual. Not all are homosexual.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 10/10/12 10:41 AM, Entice wrote: a woman in a dress is more socially acceptable

than a man in a dress

I need to proofread moar

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 10:41 AM, Entice wrote: The prevalent theory is that transsexuals are either very feminine homosexuals who do not feel comfortable as men or straight men that have an overwhelming desire to become a woman. There are literal women that are born with male or masculine genitalia but that's an extremely rare occurrence and those people do not behave the same as transsexuals. Sex changes are usually motivated by a social desire (a woman in a dress is more socially acceptable than a woman in a dress).

Transsexual activists often find this theory transphobic but I don't see how, even the people that support it agree that sex changes are beneficial in many cases.

Ah, okay then. I find myself enlightened.

Still, I don't think science would disagree that gender is limited to how you're born. By that logic, those who are born hermaphroditic wouldn't be considered "properly" male or female, even after the newborn has surgery to conform to the sex the parents decide on.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 10:43 AM, Entice wrote: As in, there's more than one type of transsexual. Not all are homosexual.

Aren't most transsexuals straight?

As in, they go for the opposite of their current physical gender.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 05:37 PM, SG3 wrote: Still, I don't think science would disagree that gender is limited to how you're born. By that logic, those who are born hermaphroditic wouldn't be considered "properly" male or female, even after the newborn has surgery to conform to the sex the parents decide on.

I definitely agree. That's similar to what I was trying to get across in my reply to Confucianism.

At 10/10/12 05:39 PM, Painbringer wrote: As in, they go for the opposite of their current physical gender.

That sentence is confusing lol.
I don't have any statistics or anything. Just seems like the stereotype is that transsexuals are gay, as in they go for people that are the same gender as their birth gender.

InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

In my opinion, I call someone what they want to be called. Now what science dictates that they are is to debate upon, but if a man wants to be called a woman why not give him that respect?

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 10/8/12 10:26 PM, Sensationalism wrote: So, it's October. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? Or for Halloween? Anyone dressing up?

I don't have anything planned to wear but I got my sister a monster costume. This weekend I am going to an 18+ haunted house thing, hopefully I will actually get scared. Usually I laugh during those.

At 10/9/12 08:41 PM, InnerVision66 wrote: cool and thank you at least someone knows what we are -.-

Everyone knows what a pansexual is. You are not rare and unique or anything.
But welcome.

At 10/10/12 03:51 AM, Confucianism wrote: People can view themselves as anything they want. It just doesn't make it true.

Yeah like on South Park when Mr. Garrison realized he could never have a period because he wasn't a real woman. In some cases they found out they were originally born as that gender or have that organ.

At 10/10/12 09:20 PM, InnerVision66 wrote: In my opinion, I call someone what they want to be called. Now what science dictates that they are is to debate upon, but if a man wants to be called a woman why not give him that respect?

Same here. Whatever they want to be, I will call them that. Doesn't bother me.

I find that gender thing is weird. I don't get how one could feel so strongly. I identify as female because I have female parts, but I don't feel strongly about it. If I had male parts and the same exact mind/brain I'd adjust just fine. I feel like our differences are mainly (not all) society-based.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:02 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 01:52 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I identify as female because I have female parts, but I don't feel strongly about it.

I still didn't know that you were female lol

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:14 PM Reply

Today is National Coming Out Day.

Is anyone here planning on coming out? (Assuming you haven't already done so)

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:14 PM, Painbringer wrote: Today is National Coming Out Day.

Is anyone here planning on coming out? (Assuming you haven't already done so)

I thought about making an announcement on Facebook but I figured that anyone who cares already knows.
I have "interested in men and women" on my profile and I've gotten in a few heated arguments about gay rights.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:15 PM, Entice wrote: I've gotten in a few heated arguments about gay rights.

From friends, or just random gay groups?

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:20 PM, Painbringer wrote: From friends, or just random gay groups?

With people I know, on Facebook.

Buujack
Buujack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

Painbringer, u bring PAIN in people's butt.
FAGGOT

Gimme a minute! And im in it! Yo moma that is!

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:22 PM, Entice wrote: With people I know, on Facebook.

Silly child. Everybody knows arguing on the internet gets you nowhere. You have to talk to said person face to face or else they can say whatever they want.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:40 PM, Confucianism wrote: Silly child. Everybody knows arguing on the internet gets you nowhere. You have to talk to said person face to face or else they can say whatever they want.

I'd rather them say whatever they want then pretend to be okay with it just to avoid conflict.
Besides, they're not my friends so I don't see them in real life often. They're just acquaintances or friends of friends.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:45 PM, Entice wrote: I'd rather them say whatever they want then pretend to be okay with it just to avoid conflict.
Besides, they're not my friends so I don't see them in real life often. They're just acquaintances or friends of friends.

If they don't have the will to say what they feel to you in person then they shoudln't be saying it in the first place.
I don't have anyone as a friend on facebook I haven't met. I'm more of a face to face, hands on kind of guy. So I don't really use facebook.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 03:06 PM, Confucianism wrote: If they don't have the will to say what they feel to you in person then they shoudln't be saying it in the first place.
I don't have anyone as a friend on facebook I haven't met. I'm more of a face to face, hands on kind of guy. So I don't

really use facebook.

Yeah, I understand. They didn't contact me directly though, they just posted status updates about it and I replied to them.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

So...

Did any of you guys come out yesterday, or recently?

How did it go?

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 05:08 AM Reply

At 10/12/12 06:52 PM, Painbringer wrote: Did any of you guys come out yesterday, or recently?

No. My day has long since gone by.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Alright so there's this movie about a girl who survived being aborted, based on a true story.
People were talking about it and I'm all "how the hell....can that even happen?"
So I did a few google searches. At first all I could find was explanations of abortion procedures, when they're done, at what age a fetus can feel pain, etc. And how surviving it isn't possible and there are check ups after to make sure it's all out.
Then I changed my search parameters and came up with multiple stories about people claiming to be abortion survivors. The thing is, every single one of those were on Christian websites. I could not find one single instance that wasn't on a Christian website.
I'm thinking it's bullshit and not possible because otherwise there would be at least something on a reputable website rather than only heavily biased pro life ones.

Opinions or counter evidence?

Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 10/13/12 08:38 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Opinions or counter evidence?

I don't know what to believe on this highly controversial subject...

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 10/13/12 08:38 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Opinions?

Based on a true story in that, one time, a baby was aborted. There the similarities end. :P

I'm actually studying this in philosophy. There's some pretty interesting stuff as far as what constitutes a person, and whether, if pregnancies can be aborted, people in long-term vegetative states should be euthanized.

But really, regardless of your opinion, abortions take place so early in foetal development that baby at this point isn't even considered an independent organism to the mother. It's not like you can just take it out and then treat it as a really, really premature birth. It doesn't even resemble a baby at this point.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 08:35 AM, SG3 wrote: But really, regardless of your opinion, abortions take place so early in foetal development that baby at this point isn't even considered an independent organism to the mother.

But what about late-term abortions, where the fetus pretty much resembles a developed baby?

Here in Canada you can legally abort up until the day of birth.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 06:21 PM, Painbringer wrote: But what about late-term abortions, where the fetus pretty much resembles a developed baby?

Still, ethics aside, I would be surprised if the logical response after "it didn't work" was "guess this thing's gonna be a baby after all". I'm not sure how the process goes, but I'm fairly sure they couldn't just present the patient with child after the operation and look goofily apologetic when prompted for an explanation.

It's probably just a rinse-and-repeat kind of procedure: IF foetus:living GOTO step1 etc
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 06:21 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 10/14/12 08:35 AM, SG3 wrote: But really, regardless of your opinion, abortions take place so early in foetal development that baby at this point isn't even considered an independent organism to the mother.
But what about late-term abortions, where the fetus pretty much resembles a developed baby?

You can? I think in the US you have to quit that before the third trimester starts. If someone waits until like the day before the due date to abort it, they might as well have it. They've done all the work incubating it.

Anyway, I'll believe that maybe in the past before abortions were done as well as they are now maybe one person survived one. No more.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 12:39 AM Reply

At 10/13/12 08:38 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Opinions or counter evidence?

Sounds like bullshit made up stories. What does this has to do with gay peoples lol?