New Topic Respond to this Topic
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:22 PM, Entice wrote: With people I know, on Facebook.

Silly child. Everybody knows arguing on the internet gets you nowhere. You have to talk to said person face to face or else they can say whatever they want.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:40 PM, Confucianism wrote: Silly child. Everybody knows arguing on the internet gets you nowhere. You have to talk to said person face to face or else they can say whatever they want.

I'd rather them say whatever they want then pretend to be okay with it just to avoid conflict.
Besides, they're not my friends so I don't see them in real life often. They're just acquaintances or friends of friends.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 02:45 PM, Entice wrote: I'd rather them say whatever they want then pretend to be okay with it just to avoid conflict.
Besides, they're not my friends so I don't see them in real life often. They're just acquaintances or friends of friends.

If they don't have the will to say what they feel to you in person then they shoudln't be saying it in the first place.
I don't have anyone as a friend on facebook I haven't met. I'm more of a face to face, hands on kind of guy. So I don't really use facebook.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 03:06 PM, Confucianism wrote: If they don't have the will to say what they feel to you in person then they shoudln't be saying it in the first place.
I don't have anyone as a friend on facebook I haven't met. I'm more of a face to face, hands on kind of guy. So I don't

really use facebook.

Yeah, I understand. They didn't contact me directly though, they just posted status updates about it and I replied to them.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

So...

Did any of you guys come out yesterday, or recently?

How did it go?

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 05:08 AM Reply

At 10/12/12 06:52 PM, Painbringer wrote: Did any of you guys come out yesterday, or recently?

No. My day has long since gone by.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Alright so there's this movie about a girl who survived being aborted, based on a true story.
People were talking about it and I'm all "how the hell....can that even happen?"
So I did a few google searches. At first all I could find was explanations of abortion procedures, when they're done, at what age a fetus can feel pain, etc. And how surviving it isn't possible and there are check ups after to make sure it's all out.
Then I changed my search parameters and came up with multiple stories about people claiming to be abortion survivors. The thing is, every single one of those were on Christian websites. I could not find one single instance that wasn't on a Christian website.
I'm thinking it's bullshit and not possible because otherwise there would be at least something on a reputable website rather than only heavily biased pro life ones.

Opinions or counter evidence?

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 10/13/12 08:38 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Opinions or counter evidence?

I don't know what to believe on this highly controversial subject...

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 10/13/12 08:38 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Opinions?

Based on a true story in that, one time, a baby was aborted. There the similarities end. :P

I'm actually studying this in philosophy. There's some pretty interesting stuff as far as what constitutes a person, and whether, if pregnancies can be aborted, people in long-term vegetative states should be euthanized.

But really, regardless of your opinion, abortions take place so early in foetal development that baby at this point isn't even considered an independent organism to the mother. It's not like you can just take it out and then treat it as a really, really premature birth. It doesn't even resemble a baby at this point.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 08:35 AM, SG3 wrote: But really, regardless of your opinion, abortions take place so early in foetal development that baby at this point isn't even considered an independent organism to the mother.

But what about late-term abortions, where the fetus pretty much resembles a developed baby?

Here in Canada you can legally abort up until the day of birth.

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 06:21 PM, Painbringer wrote: But what about late-term abortions, where the fetus pretty much resembles a developed baby?

Still, ethics aside, I would be surprised if the logical response after "it didn't work" was "guess this thing's gonna be a baby after all". I'm not sure how the process goes, but I'm fairly sure they couldn't just present the patient with child after the operation and look goofily apologetic when prompted for an explanation.

It's probably just a rinse-and-repeat kind of procedure: IF foetus:living GOTO step1 etc
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 06:21 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 10/14/12 08:35 AM, SG3 wrote: But really, regardless of your opinion, abortions take place so early in foetal development that baby at this point isn't even considered an independent organism to the mother.
But what about late-term abortions, where the fetus pretty much resembles a developed baby?

You can? I think in the US you have to quit that before the third trimester starts. If someone waits until like the day before the due date to abort it, they might as well have it. They've done all the work incubating it.

Anyway, I'll believe that maybe in the past before abortions were done as well as they are now maybe one person survived one. No more.

Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 12:39 AM Reply

Sounds like bullshit made up stories. What does this has to do with gay peoples lol?

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 01:08 AM Reply

At 10/15/12 12:39 AM, Entice wrote:
Sounds like bullshit made up stories. What does this has to do with gay peoples lol?

Not necessarily anything in particular. But in some other clubs I'm in the discussion diverges sometimes. Considering there isn't a lot of new gaybi stuff happening with us and I wanted to talk to SOMEBODY about this but am avoiding general, I posted it here.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM Reply

At 10/15/12 01:08 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I wanted to talk to SOMEBODY about this but am avoiding general, I posted it here.

That makes sense.

Since I haven't seen this discussed here yet, how many people here have seen extreme homophobia first hand?
Before recently I only saw it in very old people. Off course I knew religious people that had a problem with it but they weren't very "in your face" about it. There was just a stigma associated with people that did anything that seemed homosexual in public.

I recently met a guy that's pretty homophobic. My friends and I confronted him about it and he said something like "I had no idea that you were that way, I'm not actually homophobic". He acted the same around me after that. But he still says rude shit about it occasionally. Today we were watching TV and there was a scene with a father confronting his gay son and transexual boyfriend. He's especially freaked out by transexuals and crossdressers and he said "if I was that dad I'd kill myself, no, I'd kill them". One of my friends was like WTF but otherwise we ignored it. He clearly crossed a line so I'm gonna confront him about it later. He comes from a country where homosexuality is punishable by death, so it's somewhat understandable. I'm gonna make it pretty damn clear that I won't put up with it though.

Since he hasn't acted at all like he hates me or anything I can only assume that he says that shit because he's extremely insecure or way in the closet. Quite frankly I find people like that pathetic.

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

I don't know how you guys feel about rap music, but check this out: A gay rapper, Deadlee, raps about our struggles.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 11:54 PM Reply

A couple weeks was good. I think if I take the club in smaller doses I'll enjoy it a lot more.

I 'came out' on Facebook. No status or anything, and I'm still single, but I changed my interests to "Men and Women". I deleted the notification on timeline, because I'm a pussy lol, but still, if people go to my info page, they'll be able to see it, which is still a step forward for me. It just felt like something that I had to do, and wanted to do.

I feel really nervous, but free. It won't be a big deal or anything, but still, I think I'm glad I did it.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Pygmaelion
Pygmaelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 12:15 AM Reply

Homosexuality causes mental health problems and is generally correlated with them in most independent scientific studies.

Please stop living gay lifestyles, you will lead better lives, I guarantee it.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 12:15 AM, Pygmaelion wrote: Homosexuality causes mental health problems and is generally correlated with them in most independent scientific studies.

oh no how terrible i should probably get really angry about this this is the worst thing ive ever read how dare you

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 02:21 AM Reply

At 10/20/12 11:54 PM, Scarface wrote: I 'came out' on Facebook. No status or anything, and I'm still single, but I changed my interests to "Men and Women". I deleted the notification on timeline, because I'm a pussy lol, but still, if people go to my info page, they'll be able to see it, which is still a step forward for me. It just felt like something that I had to do, and wanted to do.

Well congrats for finding the courage to do what you had to - Especially at your young age.

Oh, and just ignore the obvious troll.

And congrats on your 10k post count.
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 02:40 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 02:21 AM, Painbringer wrote: Well congrats for finding the courage to do what you had to - Especially at your young age.

Thanks!

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 03:40 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 02:40 AM, Scarface wrote: Thanks!

Here's my Facebook if you're interested.

As you can see, it says I'm "interested in men."

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 09:37 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 02:40 AM, Scarface wrote:
At 10/21/12 02:21 AM, Painbringer wrote: Well congrats for finding the courage to do what you had to - Especially at your young age.
Thanks!

What's the 10k forum like? Ahahaha.

Meh, I was younger than him when I came out....... I think..... How old are you again? Whatever I don't care anymore.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 09:58 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 09:54 AM, Amaranthus wrote: You're 80, goddamned

80% male.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 10:02 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Kinky

You can back away from this place now.

BBS Signature
Pygmaelion
Pygmaelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 10/21/12 12:33 AM, Scarface wrote:
At 10/21/12 12:15 AM, Pygmaelion wrote: Homosexuality causes mental health problems and is generally correlated with them in most independent scientific studies.

oh no how terrible i should probably get really angry about this this is the worst thing ive ever read how dare you

Sir, you would be less mentally unstable living a straight life, rather than a homosexual or bisexual one, according to science, at any rate.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 26th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 10/21/12 12:30 PM, Pygmaelion wrote: Sir, you would be less mentally unstable living a straight life, rather than a homosexual or bisexual one, according to science, at any rate.

SCIENCE! Don't use the word unless you know what it means.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 26th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 10/21/12 12:30 PM, Pygmaelion wrote:
At 10/21/12 12:33 AM, Scarface wrote:

Sir, you would be less mentally unstable living a straight life, rather than a homosexual or bisexual one, according to science, at any rate.

You should probably not respond to any more posts in this topic, unless you want me to tear you a new asshole(lolololol) with some scientific evidence and basic logic.

Not to be arrogant, but I was kind of known for doing this to bigots and morons such as yourself back when I posted much more often. Fair warning.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 26th, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 10/26/12 04:05 PM, Light wrote: blah blah blah

I didn't notice that the person I responded to looks like a troll account.

Silly me.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Oct. 26th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 10/26/12 04:07 PM, Light wrote: Silly me.

Yes, silly you. That being the soul reason I hoped people would not respond.

BBS Signature