Rad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-08 21:53:29 Reply

At 10/8/12 08:35 PM, freshmaker49 wrote:
At 10/8/12 08:20 PM, TheRadicalOne wrote:
It's totally fine for you to feel that way, but please don't let a thread on the internet ruin gay and bisexual people for you. I mean it just sounds like such a shame.
It is a shame, its not just this thread, its everywhere, they act immature as hell and just talk about sex all the time.

I'd still want to believe that is simply what you're going to get with most open communities on the net. A bunch of young people that want to shag.

First blood! First topic of 2010!
KC Green has just won my heart.
Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-08 22:26:51 Reply

So, it's October. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? Or for Halloween? Anyone dressing up?

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 00:45:32 Reply

At 10/8/12 10:26 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Just came home from dinner with my mom.

Or for Halloween? Anyone dressing up?

Nope.

InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 00:46:10 Reply

Hi i'm Pan is it cool if i join?

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 02:06:07 Reply

At 10/9/12 12:46 AM, InnerVision66 wrote: Hi i'm Pan is it cool if i join?

If you're gay or bisexual then you may.

On another topic: I always enjoy my time away from here when all you do is argue.

BBS Signature
InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 07:26:36 Reply

At 10/9/12 02:06 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 10/9/12 12:46 AM, InnerVision66 wrote: Hi i'm Pan is it cool if i join?
If you're gay or bisexual then you may.

On another topic: I always enjoy my time away from here when all you do is argue.

thanks its within the same bounds but pansexuality is a bit different

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 18:25:24 Reply

At 10/9/12 07:26 AM, InnerVision66 wrote: thanks its within the same bounds but pansexuality is a bit different

I see no reason why pansexuals cannot join.

Though the whole gay/bi requirement hasn't been enforced for the longest time.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 20:00:59 Reply

At 10/9/12 02:06 AM, Confucianism wrote: If you're gay or bisexual then you may.

That's harsh man.

InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 20:41:51 Reply

At 10/9/12 06:25 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 10/9/12 07:26 AM, InnerVision66 wrote: thanks its within the same bounds but pansexuality is a bit different
I see no reason why pansexuals cannot join.

Though the whole gay/bi requirement hasn't been enforced for the longest

cool and thank you at least someone knows what we are -.-

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 21:08:38 Reply

At 10/9/12 08:41 PM, InnerVision66 wrote: cool and thank you at least someone knows what we are -.-

I actually have a few questions about pansexuals. Don't want to ask questions that are too personal and weird but I've never met anyone that identified as a pansexual and I'm curious.

I being pansexual like being a 50/50 bisexual, or does it go beyond sexuality?
Did you have the same views of gender when you were younger?
What's your personal gender identity?

InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-09 21:32:20 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:08 PM, Entice wrote:
At 10/9/12 08:41 PM, InnerVision66 wrote: cool and thank you at least someone knows what we are -.-
I actually have a few questions about pansexuals. Don't want to ask questions that are too personal and weird but I've never met anyone that identified as a pansexual and I'm curious.

I being pansexual like being a 50/50 bisexual, or does it go beyond sexuality?

For me its based more on personality, though it varies from person to person. If you want to get to the basics its really that you can be with any one, (gay, straight, cross-gender) so long as you connect on more than just a physical level. At least thats how i see it =D

Did you have the same views of gender when you were younger?

Kinda, I just didn't know how I should react to it cause i was raised christian. Now that i have escaped that and can think on my ownits become easier.

What's your personal gender identity?

I see my self as a male, but i think it would be interesting to be a woman.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 03:51:00 Reply

At 10/9/12 09:08 PM, Entice wrote: What's your personal gender identity?

People can view themselves as anything they want. It just doesn't make it true.
I go by science. Not someone wanting to be something they're not and thusly stating what they think they are when indeed they are not. And frankly I don't care that my view on the matter is harsh, we are made by science, not by choice.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 04:16:13 Reply

At 10/10/12 03:51 AM, Confucianism wrote: And frankly I don't care that my view on the matter is harsh, we are made by science, not by choice.

And what about people who claim to be "a man trapped in a woman's body" and vice versa?

Are you going to tell them to shut the fuck up and accept the parts they were given?

Some people kill themselves over gender identity issues, ya know.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 05:37:08 Reply

At 10/10/12 04:16 AM, Painbringer wrote: And what about people who claim to be "a man trapped in a woman's body" and vice versa?

Are you going to tell them to shut the fuck up and accept the parts they were given?

I never said they couldn't think or say that. But it doesn't make it true. If someone were to try and have a go at me that they were I wouldn't listen. Mainly because they would end up getting really pissed off that I won't accept what they want to be.

Some people kill themselves over gender identity issues, ya know.

Yes, I know. Which is why it's idiotic.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 05:40:47 Reply

At 10/10/12 05:37 AM, Confucianism wrote: Yes, I know. Which is why it's idiotic.

No, it's not idiotic...

It's all because of your total lack of empathy.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 05:47:38 Reply

At 10/10/12 05:40 AM, Painbringer wrote: It's all because of your total lack of empathy.

I view most reasons for suicide as idiotic. And I wouldn't say that justly if I didn't understand the reasoning behind it in the first place.
Those of course where the individual is in some kind of physical pain and other similar things are reasonable.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 05:54:24 Reply

But the people who killed themselves over gender issues felt strongly that they were in the wrong body and could cope.

This is why many of them now get sex change operations and feel a lot better afterwards.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 05:56:07 Reply

At 10/10/12 05:54 AM, Painbringer wrote: and could cope.

Could NOT cope.

I'm sofaking tired.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 06:14:24 Reply

At 10/10/12 05:54 AM, Painbringer wrote: But the people who killed themselves over gender issues felt strongly that they were in the wrong body and could cope.

This is why many of them now get sex change operations and feel a lot better afterwards.

I thought I already explained that I know that. Otherwise how could I say how I think it's idiotic that people do such things and have it mean anything. People who have sex changes are still what they were born as. They've just mutilated themselves.

BBS Signature
SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 06:46:02 Reply

At 10/10/12 03:51 AM, Confucianism wrote:
I go by science. Not someone wanting to be something they're not and thusly stating what they think they are when indeed they are not. And frankly I don't care that my view on the matter is harsh, we are made by science, not by choice.

I'm fairly certain science tends to agree with trans people here, actually. Haven't there been studies done showing that people who identify themselves as the opposite sex have the same or similar brain structure to match that gender?

This also supports the theory (I use theory loosely here, because at this stage it's pretty much proven) that sexual orientation is affected by hormones during pregnancy, causing the brain to develop in a way that matches the opposite gender. Hence the attraction to members of the same sex. Couldn't people having different gender identities be just a more severe example of this phenomenon?

That said, I was under the impression pansexuality was more a case of emotion attraction, and wasn't driven by sexual desire. It's good we're getting more inclusivity here; I'm expanding my knowledge. Welcome to club, bro!

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 07:15:09 Reply

At 10/10/12 06:46 AM, SG3 wrote:

I don't view the brain as being the soul decider of gender. I view the organs and layout of a person as the decider.

BBS Signature
InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 08:42:05 Reply

At 10/10/12 06:46 AM, SG3 wrote:
At 10/10/12 03:51 AM, Confucianism wrote:
I'm fairly certain science tends to agree with trans people here, actually. Haven't there been studies done showing that people who identify themselves as the opposite sex have the same or similar brain structure to match that gender?

This also supports the theory (I use theory loosely here, because at this stage it's pretty much proven) that sexual orientation is affected by hormones during pregnancy, causing the brain to develop in a way that matches the opposite gender. Hence the attraction to members of the same sex. Couldn't people having different gender identities be just a more severe example of this phenomenon?

That said, I was under the impression pansexuality was more a case of emotion attraction, and wasn't driven by sexual desire. It's good we're getting more inclusivity here; I'm expanding my knowledge. Welcome to club, bro!

Like i said these were my views but then again i guarantee that if you ask any pansexual they will give you a vaguely different explanation. It mostly depends on you background whether your spiritual or scientific, I'm half way between hence why i go with the explanation "personality". Thank you btw for welcoming me and i'll try answer any questions on here or in a PM if any one so desires =D

I said viewed loosely i know i'm a man was just stating that if i got hit by a ray of awesomeness (or something like that) and got turned in to a woman i wouldn't complain -.-

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 10:41:44 Reply

At 10/10/12 06:46 AM, SG3 wrote: I'm fairly certain science tends to agree with trans people here, actually. Haven't there been studies done showing that people who identify themselves as the opposite sex have the same or similar brain structure to match that gender?

Actually no. The prevalent theory is that transsexuals are either very feminine homosexuals who do not feel comfortable as men or straight men that have an overwhelming desire to become a woman. There are literal women that are born with male or masculine genitalia but that's an extremely rare occurrence and those people do not behave the same as transsexuals. Sex changes are usually motivated by a social desire (a woman in a dress is more socially acceptable than a woman in a dress).

Transsexual activists often find this theory transphobic but I don't see how, even the people that support it agree that sex changes are beneficial in many cases.

At 10/10/12 07:15 AM, Confucianism wrote: I don't view the brain as being the soul decider of gender. I view the organs and layout of a person as the decider.

That determines your sex, not your gender.

Gender is a social construct that encompasses how one dresses, how one acts, and the role they play in society. In most societies it's expected to be the same as your physical sex but that's not a universal rule.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 10:43:41 Reply

At 10/10/12 10:41 AM, Entice wrote: Actually no. The prevalent theory is that transsexuals are either very feminine homosexuals who do not feel comfortable as men or straight men that have an overwhelming desire to become a woman.

As in, there's more than one type of transsexual. Not all are homosexual.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 10:49:15 Reply

At 10/10/12 10:41 AM, Entice wrote: a woman in a dress is more socially acceptable

than a man in a dress

I need to proofread moar

SG3
SG3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 17:37:10 Reply

At 10/10/12 10:41 AM, Entice wrote: The prevalent theory is that transsexuals are either very feminine homosexuals who do not feel comfortable as men or straight men that have an overwhelming desire to become a woman. There are literal women that are born with male or masculine genitalia but that's an extremely rare occurrence and those people do not behave the same as transsexuals. Sex changes are usually motivated by a social desire (a woman in a dress is more socially acceptable than a woman in a dress).

Transsexual activists often find this theory transphobic but I don't see how, even the people that support it agree that sex changes are beneficial in many cases.

Ah, okay then. I find myself enlightened.

Still, I don't think science would disagree that gender is limited to how you're born. By that logic, those who are born hermaphroditic wouldn't be considered "properly" male or female, even after the newborn has surgery to conform to the sex the parents decide on.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 17:39:03 Reply

At 10/10/12 10:43 AM, Entice wrote: As in, there's more than one type of transsexual. Not all are homosexual.

Aren't most transsexuals straight?

As in, they go for the opposite of their current physical gender.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 20:38:01 Reply

At 10/10/12 05:37 PM, SG3 wrote: Still, I don't think science would disagree that gender is limited to how you're born. By that logic, those who are born hermaphroditic wouldn't be considered "properly" male or female, even after the newborn has surgery to conform to the sex the parents decide on.

I definitely agree. That's similar to what I was trying to get across in my reply to Confucianism.

At 10/10/12 05:39 PM, Painbringer wrote: As in, they go for the opposite of their current physical gender.

That sentence is confusing lol.
I don't have any statistics or anything. Just seems like the stereotype is that transsexuals are gay, as in they go for people that are the same gender as their birth gender.

InnerVision66
InnerVision66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-10 21:20:17 Reply

In my opinion, I call someone what they want to be called. Now what science dictates that they are is to debate upon, but if a man wants to be called a woman why not give him that respect?

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-10-11 13:52:14 Reply

At 10/8/12 10:26 PM, Sensationalism wrote: So, it's October. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? Or for Halloween? Anyone dressing up?

I don't have anything planned to wear but I got my sister a monster costume. This weekend I am going to an 18+ haunted house thing, hopefully I will actually get scared. Usually I laugh during those.

Everyone knows what a pansexual is. You are not rare and unique or anything.
But welcome.

At 10/10/12 03:51 AM, Confucianism wrote: People can view themselves as anything they want. It just doesn't make it true.

Yeah like on South Park when Mr. Garrison realized he could never have a period because he wasn't a real woman. In some cases they found out they were originally born as that gender or have that organ.

At 10/10/12 09:20 PM, InnerVision66 wrote: In my opinion, I call someone what they want to be called. Now what science dictates that they are is to debate upon, but if a man wants to be called a woman why not give him that respect?

Same here. Whatever they want to be, I will call them that. Doesn't bother me.

I find that gender thing is weird. I don't get how one could feel so strongly. I identify as female because I have female parts, but I don't feel strongly about it. If I had male parts and the same exact mind/brain I'd adjust just fine. I feel like our differences are mainly (not all) society-based.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature