New Topic Respond to this Topic
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-28 00:38:12 Reply

At 6/28/12 12:22 AM, Lost-Chances wrote: Because a guy who doesn't know you is able to judge if you're for real or just a faker.

Yes, some people are ignorant to judge you based on one comment. For instance the fact that I said my preference varies from day to day may not seem like something worthy of passing much judgement on, but there ARE people who would and do.

Jesus Christ, just let it go.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-28 00:46:22 Reply

At 6/28/12 12:38 AM, Scarface wrote:
At 6/28/12 12:22 AM, Lost-Chances wrote: Because a guy who doesn't know you is able to judge if you're for real or just a faker.
Yes, some people are ignorant to judge you based on one comment. For instance the fact that I said my preference varies from day to day may not seem like something worthy of passing much judgement on, but there ARE people who would and do.

Jesus Christ, just let it go.

People who would and do, and also targets specifically you and no one else. Nice job hero.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-28 12:47:24 Reply

Now that we are done trolling ourselves, how many people here are actually active in their local gay community (ie. going to gay bars, participating in gay social groups, etc.)?

I'm definitely not as much as I used to be, thanks to the declining quality and general trashiness of the only gay bar in my local area. (Oh, to be a stupid drunk 18 year old again..)

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-28 18:24:14 Reply

At 6/28/12 12:47 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Now that we are done trolling ourselves, how many people here are actually active in their local gay community (ie. going to gay bars, participating in gay social groups, etc.)?

I'm definitely not as much as I used to be, thanks to the declining quality and general trashiness of the only gay bar in my local area. (Oh, to be a stupid drunk 18 year old again..)

Not. I used to get involve in the university's LGBT society but they failed, two years running. I don't even bother with the members there since they're less human and more just moronic.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 03:59:55 Reply

At 6/28/12 12:47 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Now that we are done trolling ourselves, how many people here are actually active in their local gay community (ie. going to gay bars, participating in gay social groups, etc.)?

I am involved in the Stickam Cam Chat Gay room. Nice group of people, also NON judgmental.

I would not recommend going to a gay group/bar in public because society does not need to know that your gay.

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 05:22:32 Reply

At 6/29/12 03:59 AM, apocalypseven wrote: I would not recommend going to a gay group/bar in public because society does not need to know that your gay.

That old 20th century mentality has to stop someday.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 06:15:12 Reply

At 6/29/12 03:59 AM, apocalypseven wrote: I am involved in the Stickam Cam Chat Gay room. Nice group of people, also NON judgmental.

What is this now?

I would not recommend going to a gay group/bar in public because society does not need to know that your gay.

I'm not sure what you mean?

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 06:50:37 Reply

At 6/29/12 05:22 AM, Painbringer wrote:
That old 20th century mentality has to stop someday.

If you let society know that you are gay or bi you are putting a target on your back.

At 6/29/12 06:15 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
What is this now?

Stick Am

Go to the Gay and Bi room, it has a blue logo. You have to make a account, its free. Talk to them, they are really gay and bi, they can help you.

I mean people will see you walk into a gay bar, then they will start gossiping, then the whole universe will know you are gay.

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 06:55:15 Reply

At 6/29/12 06:50 AM, apocalypseven wrote:
At 6/29/12 06:15 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
I mean people will see you walk into a gay bar, then they will start gossiping, then the whole universe will know you are gay.

But this isn't something that bothers me. I live in a fairly progressive part of the world where for the most part nobody really cares about your sexual orientation.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 07:26:28 Reply

At 6/29/12 06:55 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
But this isn't something that bothers me. I live in a fairly progressive part of the world where for the most part nobody really cares about your sexual orientation.

Well you must live in a big city or something, but in general, people will get on your ass for it.

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 08:37:50 Reply

At 6/29/12 07:26 AM, apocalypseven wrote:
Well you must live in a big city or something, but in general, people will get on your ass for it.

Quite the opposite. A very small city with only one gay bar. And in general nobody cares. But I can't speak for everybody and I know different parts of the world with different situations.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 11:08:13 Reply

At 6/29/12 08:37 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
Quite the opposite. A very small city with only one gay bar. And in general nobody cares. But I can't speak for everybody and I know different parts of the world with different situations.

Being in a LGBT group/club or going to a gay bar is no problem (unless you live in a VERY homophobic place), if you advertise it as though you're superior and rub it into people's faces then that's a different story. Like where my university is based, if you advertise you're gay to the world you'll likely get the shit kicked out of you but because I'm incredibly straight-acting people don't know better unless I say "oh, I go to an LGBT society" or "I'm bisexual by the way".

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 11:39:06 Reply

At 6/29/12 11:08 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
if you advertise you're gay to the world you'll likely get the shit kicked out of you

That is why gay people need to learn how to fight to defend themselves, alot of gays and bis know how to fight, thats how they are successful at being gay.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 13:16:28 Reply

But isn't that what we want?

BBS Signature
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 14:00:38 Reply

At 6/29/12 01:16 PM, Scarface wrote:

Its what you want, because you have the wrong idea of what being gay is, its not for attention.

*waits for pm to mod to ban me again*

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 15:42:49 Reply

At 6/29/12 11:39 AM, apocalypseven wrote:
At 6/29/12 11:08 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
if you advertise you're gay to the world you'll likely get the shit kicked out of you
That is why gay people need to learn how to fight to defend themselves, alot of gays and bis know how to fight, thats how they are successful at being gay.

Where do you live where this is the case?

I should also mention that probably the main reason I no longer frequent my local gay bar is that it's overrun by straight couples making out on the dance floor. It's quite the trend now, you see.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 16:57:42 Reply

At 6/29/12 03:42 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
Where do you live where this is the case?

Naples, FL

I should also mention that probably the main reason I no longer frequent my local gay bar is that it's overrun by straight couples making out on the dance floor. It's quite the trend now, you see.

That is not a big deal, I have been harassed by both sexes to an extreme, I have turned my body into a weapon because its getting so bad. My city is overrun with pedophiles of both sexes, date rapers, pimps, prostitutes, drug whores, you name it.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 18:22:17 Reply

At 6/29/12 04:57 PM, apocalypseven wrote: My city is overrun with pedophiles of both sexes, date rapers, pimps, prostitutes, drug whores, you name it.

That makes LGBT people good and pure as snow where you live.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 18:23:47 Reply

At 6/29/12 02:00 PM, apocalypseven wrote:
At 6/29/12 01:16 PM, Scarface wrote:
Its what you want, because you have the wrong idea of what being gay is, its not for attention.

Sorry, I forgot about the secret marketing scheme/

*waits for pm to mod to ban me again*

If you got banned, it was on your account, not mine. I don't PM for shit like that.

That is not a big deal, I have been harassed by both sexes to an extreme, I have turned my body into a weapon because its getting so bad. My city is overrun with pedophiles of both sexes, date rapers, pimps, prostitutes, drug whores, you name it.

Sounds like Grand Theft Auto.

As for my town, there's nothing extreme, people speaking their minds and respectfully disagreeing. You'll have bigots and stereotypical gays alike in any town, I suppose. I'm not out of the closet, though, so I can't say first hand what homophobia is like here, but I've never witnessed anything serious.

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 19:15:33 Reply

At 6/29/12 04:57 PM, apocalypseven wrote:
At 6/29/12 03:42 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I should also mention that probably the main reason I no longer frequent my local gay bar is that it's overrun by straight couples making out on the dance floor. It's quite the trend now, you see.

Well that does sound like it sucks, but I didn't mean post that in reply to you.

I'm not going to start beating the shit out of people because there are straight people in my gay bar. What message would that send?

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 19:35:42 Reply

At 6/29/12 03:42 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I should also mention that probably the main reason I no longer frequent my local gay bar is that it's overrun by straight couples making out on the dance floor. It's quite the trend now, you see.

Makes you wonder what's the point of gay bars. It's like, I don't know, there shouldn't be gay/straight bars. Just bars.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 19:37:45 Reply

At 6/29/12 07:35 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Makes you wonder what's the point of gay bars. It's like, I don't know, there shouldn't be gay/straight bars. Just bars.

Hopefully some day that'll be it.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-06-29 23:38:48 Reply

At 6/29/12 07:58 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Anyway gay bars and clubs not really my whole thing. Never been to one, don't know if I ever will. Seems a bit...ugh. Squirmy to me. I'm sure there are some really nice guys there but you know there is always the stereotype of the 'gay bar gay', the fake tan limp wristed lisp-spitter with the furs and the petit dog yapping by his side and 'darling this' and 'darling that' and that is a horrendous horrid stereotype to jump to,

That's one of the reasons I can't see myself going to a gay bar, but in general, I'd like to get to know someone before trying to start a relationship with them. I try to be very cautious about that.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-07-01 16:25:18 Reply

I wonder how long it will be until people stop classifying each other as strait, gay or bi.

Often times human sexuality isn't so black and white.

Though most complex individuals (like myself) often just pick a side and just stick with it.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-07-02 08:27:56 Reply

I just saw an ad on tv for (the UK version of) this show and am now mentally challenged.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-07-02 10:04:44 Reply

At 7/2/12 09:55 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 7/2/12 08:27 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I just saw an ad on tv for (the UK version of) this show and am now mentally challenged.
lmao what the fuck

i had 'reality' tv shows and this one is the barrel bottom of them all

i'll probably watch it regardless ha ha

This looks fucking ridiculous. I can't believe this got the green light for a spot on any channel.

I will at least credit the show for not bringing a bunch of flaming, limp-wristed, lispy homosexuals on the show, however, in order to make it interesting.

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-07-02 10:48:39 Reply

At 7/2/12 10:04 AM, Scarface wrote: I will at least credit the show for not bringing a bunch of flaming, limp-wristed, lispy homosexuals on the show, however, in order to make it interesting.

Then I'm glad you didn't see the ad I did..

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-07-02 11:00:45 Reply

At 7/2/12 10:48 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 7/2/12 10:04 AM, Scarface wrote: I will at least credit the show for not bringing a bunch of flaming, limp-wristed, lispy homosexuals on the show, however, in order to make it interesting.
Then I'm glad you didn't see the ad I did..

I made it through the first 9 seconds of this.

I don't know which season I saw an advertisement for, but it featured Alan Carr (youtube him) if that says anything.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-07-02 12:15:37 Reply

At 7/2/12 08:27 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I just saw an ad on tv for (the UK version of) this show and am now mentally challenged.

The funny thing? I've actually watched an episode of it. It's a bit weird.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-07-02 13:21:54 Reply

At 7/2/12 11:00 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 7/2/12 10:48 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Then I'm glad you didn't see the ad I did..
I made it through the first 9 seconds of this.

Oh, good God, this is fucking terrible.

BBS Signature