Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-25 18:29:27 Reply

At 11/25/10 06:19 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
This works if:
A: The person comes alone.

Many of the recent Vancouver area gay bashings involved one attacker.

B: The defender is strong enough.

It has been proven that great stress can cause people to have superhuman strength.

Neither are close to likely for me.

I never been bashed before.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-25 19:16:11 Reply

At 11/25/10 03:53 PM, Painbringer wrote: If some angry homophobe threatened me and my boyfriend, I would probably go into a demonic rage, beat him to the ground, and stomp on his head until it bursts open like a pumpkin.

I'd do that, but on a (somewhat) smaller scale. Did you ever see what Jimmy and Tommy did to Billy in the movie Goodfellas? Billy learned to never shoot his mouth off to raging, drunk Tommy ever again.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-25 19:18:51 Reply

At 11/25/10 07:16 PM, Scarface wrote: Goodfellas?

Sorry, I have yet to see that movie.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-25 22:33:18 Reply

At 11/25/10 07:18 PM, Painbringer wrote:

Well, if you watched the clip, you'll know it's very violent, as am I when confronted with homophobia. Well, I've never been confronted with it, but I know myself well enough to know that it will end violently.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 01:29:51 Reply

At 11/25/10 10:33 PM, Scarface wrote:
Well, if you watched the clip, you'll know it's very violent, as am I when confronted with homophobia.

Okay, I just watched it. And I see what you mean, despite the lack of anything gay in it.

Well, I've never been confronted with it, but I know myself well enough to know that it will end violently.

You would beat up your attacker, or get your ass kicked?

Octavian1091
Octavian1091
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 11:12:33 Reply

At 11/25/10 10:33 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 11/25/10 07:18 PM, Painbringer wrote:
Well, if you watched the clip, you'll know it's very violent, as am I when confronted with homophobia. Well, I've never been confronted with it, but I know myself well enough to know that it will end violently.

Hi, first posting on this club. I'm gay, nineteen. Having experienced homophobia, I can say that it does sometimes end violently. A lot of the time it's verbally. I suppose it's all about how you react to it.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 11:59:19 Reply

At 11/26/10 01:29 AM, Painbringer wrote: You would beat up your attacker, or get your ass kicked?

I was talking about beating up my attacker, but I suppose getting my ass kicked is just as likely.

Also, welcome to the club, Octavian1091. Feel free to talk about anything here, and we'll be happy to offer our advice to you.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 15:05:37 Reply

At 11/26/10 11:12 AM, Octavian1091 wrote:
Hi, first posting on this club. I'm gay, nineteen.

Welcome.

It's good to see more young men around here.

Having experienced homophobia, I can say that it does sometimes end violently. A lot of the time it's verbally. I suppose it's all about how you react to it.

Indeed. But I still don't know how I would really react because I was never in that situation. I know in my teens I used to be so scared of strangers that when one group of teens at a park crowded around me, just to talk, I was petrified.

Scarface wrote:
I was talking about beating up my attacker, but I suppose getting my ass kicked is just as likely.

As would be the case in any fair fight.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 18:26:56 Reply

At 11/25/10 10:33 PM, Scarface wrote: I know myself well enough to know that it will end violently.

Yeah, because making a homophobic person hate gay people even more is going to help in the long run..

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 18:47:22 Reply

At 11/26/10 06:26 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 11/25/10 10:33 PM, Scarface wrote: I know myself well enough to know that it will end violently.
Yeah, because making a homophobic person hate gay people even more is going to help in the long run..

Was self-defense never an option?

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 20:42:24 Reply

At 11/26/10 06:47 PM, Scarface wrote:

If American Heartland Christian groups rather use guns than turn the other cheek, then I can't see why gays can't defend themselves either.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 20:43:12 Reply

At 11/26/10 06:47 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 11/26/10 06:26 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:

If they attack you first then yeah, but the only non-idiotic thing to do in a situation where someone is being a douche is just to either laugh it off or walk away. I've had my fair share of homophobic douchebags outsie gay nightclubs and half the time I just laugh along with them and remind them off all the vaginas I don't have my cock in that are available. That's if I can be bothered with it.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 22:16:07 Reply

At 11/26/10 08:43 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I just laugh along with them and remind them off all the vaginas I don't have my cock in that are available. That's if I can be bothered with it.

It's the closet gay homophobes who would get offended, and possibly violent, by that comment.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 22:42:54 Reply

At 11/26/10 10:16 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 11/26/10 08:43 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: I just laugh along with them and remind them off all the vaginas I don't have my cock in that are available. That's if I can be bothered with it.
It's the closet gay homophobes who would get offended, and possibly violent, by that comment.

True. Which is why its always fun to hit on them if they dare venture into a gay bar and make up excuses like they are just there for "the music".

I'm just lucky to live in a country where homophobia isn't really a HUGE issue. A recent poll found that more than half of the country is in favour of gay marriage, which may not mean much for now, but is looking positive for the future.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-26 23:17:50 Reply

At 11/26/10 10:42 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
True. Which is why its always fun to hit on them if they dare venture into a gay bar and make up excuses like they are just there for "the music".

Recently at a gay bar in Vancouver, a gay man was sucker punched in the head by a straight guy who didn't want to be flirted with. The gay guy suffered so much head trauma that he's no longer the same person he once was.

I'm just lucky to live in a country where homophobia isn't really a HUGE issue. A recent poll found that more than half of the country is in favour of gay marriage, which may not mean much for now, but is looking positive for the future.

For a moment there I thought you were from the United States. I always though homophobia was high in rural Australia.

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 00:22:55 Reply

At 11/26/10 11:17 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 11/26/10 10:42 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
Recently at a gay bar in Vancouver, a gay man was sucker punched in the head by a straight guy who didn't want to be flirted with. The gay guy suffered so much head trauma that he's no longer the same person he once was.

That... unfortunately does happen. The owner of my local gay bar is known for stabbing a guy in self defence, who later died, because he was threatening to come inside and "bash some faggots" because he was refused entry.
Though with that said, the vast majority of violence actually happens at a few other nightclubs in the city, which pretty much have police cars parked outside all night long. So to be honest, I feel much safer at a gay bar then one of those places.

For a moment there I thought you were from the United States. I always though homophobia was high in rural Australia.

Rural Australia, sure. But in the more 'civilised' parts, it isn't such a big problem. Sydney and Melbourne both have large and active gay communities. It did surprise me a bit when I went to Melbourne that gay couples could just walk around holding hands and not expect any trouble.

Things are changing, and for the better.

This is filler text.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 01:24:48 Reply

At 11/27/10 12:22 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:

Things are always getting better for the LGBT community.

Though history has always ruined it.

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 08:17:32 Reply

At 11/27/10 01:24 AM, Painbringer wrote:

Not always better. Anti-sodomy laws in Texas. Also, don't depend on western civilisation to keep on the general trend.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 11:29:25 Reply

At 11/27/10 08:17 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 11/27/10 01:24 AM, Painbringer wrote:
Not always better. Anti-sodomy laws in Texas.

I can't believe they were even allowed to make those laws.

Also, don't depend on western civilisation to keep on the general trend.

Yeah, we Americans DO kind of have a habit of fucking things up....

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 17:34:13 Reply

At 11/27/10 11:29 AM, Scarface wrote: Yeah, we Americans DO kind of have a habit of fucking things up....

In a perfect world, it would just be America acting like idiots and possibly pushing humanity back a few hundred years.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Mason
Mason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 17:45:47 Reply

So the U.N. just had a vote on whether or not people could be executed due to homosexuality.

America and most of europe voted in favor of it staying illegal.

The middle east Africa and most of Asian voted to kill all gays.

It is no longer a U.N. designated hate crime to execute gays purely on sexuality.

Facepalm.

Not gay but you guys are P cool
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 19:07:34 Reply

At 11/27/10 05:45 PM, Mason wrote: So the U.N. just had a vote on whether or not people could be executed due to homosexuality.

It is no longer a U.N. designated hate crime to execute gays purely on sexuality.

Any link of this story?

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Mason
Mason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 19:12:52 Reply

At 11/27/10 07:07 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 11/27/10 05:45 PM, Mason wrote: So the U.N. just had a vote on whether or not people could be executed due to homosexuality.

Any link of this story?

Disgusting

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 20:08:35 Reply

At 11/27/10 07:12 PM, Mason wrote:
At 11/27/10 07:07 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:

Any link of this story?
Disgusting

Thank you for proving the point I was making earlier.

Honestly, it's disgusting and it's in clear violation of human rights for someone to be executed for being gay. To allow this to pass is actually revolting and it's at times like this when it shows that the majority doesn't have a clue what is good for it. The only thing I can do is hope that the UN realises how stupid the ruling is and overrides the vote; either that or Western countries puts pressure on Eastern countries.

The only thing that is remotely okay about this is at least western views aren't being rammed down countries in the east's throats. If they want to be uncivilised idiots who use religion as a crutch so they have another way to oppress their people, go for it.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 22:04:37 Reply

At 11/27/10 08:17 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
Not always better. Anti-sodomy laws in Texas.

In case you don't know, sodomy laws in the USA were repealed in 2003 due to a civil court case.

Here's the proof.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-27 23:45:33 Reply

At 11/27/10 10:04 PM, Painbringer wrote: In case you don't know, sodomy laws in the USA were repealed in 2003 due to a civil court case.

Still, it depresses me to see the rest of the world decide it okay to kill homosexuals for existing.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-28 00:34:45 Reply

At 11/27/10 11:45 PM, Scarface wrote:
Still, it depresses me to see the rest of the world decide it okay to kill homosexuals for existing.

Probably because most people see human reproduction as a lifelong goal, which most gays are unwilling to achieve. Therefore gays are a waste of resources in their eyes.

I suppose if enough western gays travel to those countries in protest, the UN will have to do something about it sooner or later.

Mason
Mason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-28 02:29:02 Reply

At 11/28/10 12:34 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 11/27/10 11:45 PM, Scarface wrote:
Probably because most people see human reproduction as a lifelong goal, which most gays are unwilling to achieve. Therefore gays are a waste of resources in their eyes.

I suppose if enough western gays travel to those countries in protest, the UN will have to do something about it sooner or later.

Sorry pain, thats the candyland optimism that just isn't true. It's a problem with them because they're respected religions believe it to be unnatural. Basically if you make love to another man you are unclean in they're crazy god's eyes.

The lesbian thing is more lenient because the men who made these paternal religions thought it was hot.

Gay bashers sicken me.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-28 07:06:43 Reply

So today reading this thread I have learn that gay murder music exists and pushes people to kill gays and also I would be executed for just being gay if I was in the middle east.

Fan bloody tastic day isnt it.

So the UN doesn't go completely against killing gays because a few countires said no? Really? I thought the UN was at least a little intelligent. Hmm killing people for being gay, you know I think thats a bit wrong I'll order them to stop it. nah let's not.

I thought the world was suppose to be becoming more accepting, now I'm starting to think of keeping my preference a secret irl.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-11-28 11:13:14 Reply

At 11/28/10 07:06 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: I thought the world was suppose to be becoming more accepting, now I'm starting to think of keeping my preference a secret irl.

Same. This fucking sucks. The worst part is that stupid kids in highschool have no opinion of their own, so they parrot whatever their parents say. Their parents usually parrot whatever the media says. The media parrots whatever the government says. The government talks about what's going on with the UN.

Fuck.