New Topic Respond to this Topic
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 14:15:05 Reply

What do you think the next installment in the GTA series will be like? What kind of character should it have and what features would you want in it?
If it´s going to beat Saints row II then it should have way better character customisation, more variety to the missions( No more kill this and drive there bullshit all the time.), and a bigger game area. They should bring back the deserts and the woods, and there should be more vehicles. They shouldn´t care too much about the realism, but concentrate more on the fun. The missions should have different stages. Not just kill some guy and come back, but kill someone, escape, engage in a shootout, and then save someone from a flaming building, or something like that.

I´d like it if they went to the Tommy Vercetti-ish direction with the character again, instead of someone like Vic Vance or CJ(CJ fucking cries at one point.). The character might be Asian, since the Yakuza and triads have been a fairly big part of the game especially in GTA 3 LCS.(I´m not a jigger or anything, it just looks like they´re having main characters of different ethnicities, like black people and an eastern european.)
I´m guessing the game will come out in like 2-3 years, since that´s usually the time between the GTA games.

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 14:20:49 Reply

You'll get "Points" for having sex with prostitutes, running over pedestrians and even shooting police officers.

Lolololololololol.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 14:38:20 Reply

I would like to see someone with the depth of Niko, with the badass 'tude of Tommy.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
CrazyCutlery
CrazyCutlery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 14:58:55 Reply

Less serious shit more fun. And i would like to see an entirely new city with variety in all the different places.

BBS Signature
X-TERRORIST-X
X-TERRORIST-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 15:01:41 Reply

At 7/14/08 02:58 PM, CrazyCutlery wrote: Less serious shit more fun. And i would like to see an entirely new city with variety in all the different places.

Yea, liberty city is getting old..

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature
Dookiemaister
Dookiemaister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 15:29:03 Reply

next one should be a bunch of islands in a huge map where boats play a key role.

hawaii, key west, new orleans (so natural disasters like hurricanes should be installed) maybe have a little alaska in there, snowy mountains and all that good shit

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature
lolomfgisuck
lolomfgisuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 15:48:59 Reply

I'd like to see it become fun.

GTAIV was aweful. What little customization you had was useless... it takes way to fucking long for the game to load my tennis shoes just so I can decided I don't like them and try to select a diffrent pair. Which also have an unneccessarly long loading time.

I'd like to be able to buy things with all the money I work so hard to earn. I'd also like my garage back so I'll stop losing my cars due to NPC traffic accidents.

I'd like less cops so I can actually do something in the game besides run from cops.

I'd like the driving to become more about driving and less about learning how to control a crash. All the cars feel like their driving on an icy road. Why?

I'd like side missions that aren't all the same. Top 10 most wanted, assassin, and the current crime missions where all the same thing with diffrent names. Find a guy, kill him. It especially sucks since that was also the idea behind every mission and also the entire story. :(

I'd like the game to make sense. Why was the number 3 most wanted criminal 6 people? Why do I have to kill all 6 and not just the actual most wanted guy? How can you have 6 people as one guy? Why does Niko not want to kill, but kills everybody he can? Why would they make a GTA game about a guy who doesn't want to commit crimes?

I'd like my friends to leave me the fuck alone, and I'd like my cellphone to fall in the toilet and break.

I'd like GTA to be about stealing cars and commiting crimes and less about playing darts and bowling.

I'd like the ability to walk in the street without getting ran over by a car that spawned off screen.

I'd like to be able to buy houses that have more then one room.

I'd like to be able to go in a building that isn't a warehouse. Like office buildings.

I'd like to be able to choose both my shirt and my jacket... why are they all one peice? And I'd appreciate it if the next set of clothing options don't look like they came out of 1995. Why are all my jackets huge and puffy? It doesn't even look cold in Liberty City. I'd also like to be able to wear a shirt that doesn't make me look like a complete faggot.

I'd like in game characters that speak english. I'm sick of this Wag-Wan Lil' Jacob bullshit.

I'd appreciate a story that actually has a point and missions that make you feel like you're getting something done. I'm tired of saving my homo friend from getting beat up in the park just to ask myself what the fuck that has to do with the storyline.

I'd like the ability to do customize my car and do more with it then just drive it into a lightpole and look at the dents. In a game about stealing cars, there sure isn't much attention brought to the cars.

I'd like rockstar to ease up on the achievements and make things more accessible. I'm tired of doing a street race and having to go get anew car, drive to get it fixed, call my friend, and then drive back to the race. Especially when it's a long 5 lap race and I'm told to do 20 of them. >:( The same goes for stunt jumps... I'm tired of missing, having to find a new bike, and then driving all over town just to get back to the jump and try again.

I'd like 200 hidden anything to go away. 100 was already too much, 200 is just insaine. It takes about 10 hours if you know what you're doing.

I'd like to be able to actually pick my girlfriend and not just be forced into a pre-designed relationship set up by rockstar. I'd actually like to not have a girlfriend... but if it's a part of the game, at least let me pick for myself.

I'd like to have more then 3 save spots and I'd like to have at least one on every island if not more so I don't have to begin quiting the game 10 minutes in advance to make room for the driving time I need to get to a save point.

I'd like my in-game friends to never turn me down. I'm a real person waisting real time... if I want to go bowling you better fucking say yes. Of course, I never want to go bowling but the point remains the same. Why the fuck is my gameing life revolving around people that don't really exist?

I'd like to be able to set the camera angle I want to use and have full control over the cinimatic view. Why can't I always have cinimatic stuck on the "helicopter shot"? Why does it always have to change to something that sucks?

I'd like to have the "ride in a taxi" button be something other then the "steal a car" button so I'll stop accidentally stealing the taxi I'm trying to hail in front of a cop.

I'd like the entertainment (like shows) to not be a mandatory part of beating the game 100%. I'd also like the ability to know what show is happening when so I can see them all instead of watching the same lame ass juggler. I'd like Kat Williams to be replaced with somebody funny.

I'd like all food locations to be marked on the map so I don't have to drive around looking for a hotdog stand. Start->Filter->Show Food.

I'd like the ability to save without watching a 45 second sleep animation and I'd like to be able to wake up after saving still holding my weapon so I'll stop running into battle with my bare hands.

I could keep going but I think you get the point.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 17:56:58 Reply

I agree with everything you said.
But i think Katt Williams is funny.

lolomfgisuck
lolomfgisuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 18:30:11 Reply

At 7/14/08 05:56 PM, DeIirium wrote: I agree with everything you said.
But i think Katt Williams is funny.

I guess people like him. I don't... but that's cool. At least they got somebody we've heard of and not just some no name schmo or a made up character using Rockstar written jokes.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature
NeedleMouth
NeedleMouth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 18:40:47 Reply

At 7/14/08 03:48 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote: I'd like to see it become fun.

Sooo you want GTA SA ?

BBS Signature
lc2000
lc2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 18:45:58 Reply

At 7/14/08 02:20 PM, smc316 wrote: You'll get "Points" for having sex with prostitutes, running over pedestrians and even shooting police officers.

Lolololololololol.

great idea lolololololololololololololololololololo lololololololol.

DasUberCow
DasUberCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 18:55:42 Reply

I want it back to the days of Tommy Vercetti who didnt give a shit about anything. He pissed me off! I rip him another asshole.

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 19:04:10 Reply

I'd like it to have planes again, that was annoying in IV.

Also, having the main character Norwegian would be killer.

BBS Signature
Earthshine
Earthshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 19:06:19 Reply

grand theft auto Disney World
die mickey

NGCA
NGCA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 19:14:51 Reply

At 7/14/08 03:48 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote: GTAIV was aweful. What little customization you had was useless... it takes way to fucking long for the game to load my tennis shoes just so I can decided I don't like them and try to select a diffrent pair.

I agree with the lack of customization.

I'd like to be able to buy things with all the money I work so hard to earn. I'd also like my garage back so I'll stop losing my cars due to NPC traffic accidents.

Okay. Well first of all, if you stop having NPC accidents, you won't lose your car. Also, it's realistic. Or at least, more realistic.

I'd like less cops so I can actually do something in the game besides run from cops.

Realistically if you shoot someone on the street in a crowded city, you're going to have cops on you, even if they're literally not right there.

It especially sucks since that was also the idea behind every mission and also the entire story. :(

The easiest way to move up is to remove the people above you.

Why does Niko not want to kill, but kills everybody he can?

Has no other choice, he has nothing here and he feels pushed into the situation.

Why would they make a GTA game about a guy who doesn't want to commit crimes?

Realism. Relate-ability. Storyline.

I'd like in game characters that speak english. I'm sick of this Wag-Wan Lil' Jacob bullshit.

Realism.

I'm tired of saving my homo friend from getting beat up in the park just to ask myself what the fuck that has to do with the storyline.

Your homo friend ultimately gives you opportunities to move up in the world and provides jobs for you.

In a game about stealing cars, there sure isn't much attention brought to the cars.

Game's not really about stealing cars.

The same goes for stunt jumps... I'm tired of missing, having to find a new bike, and then driving all over town just to get back to the jump and try again.

Don't miss.

I'd actually like to not have a girlfriend...

Explains alot.

I'd like to have more then 3 save spots and I'd like to have at least one on every island if not more so I don't have to begin quiting the game 10 minutes in advance to make room for the driving time I need to get to a save point.

Autosave?

Why the fuck is my gaming life revolving around people that don't really exist?

Why is your real life revolving around your gaming life?

I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Yes, indeed.

That said, I'd like the next GTA to be more island-y. Think the map like Japan-shaped, but small scale.
Also, I'd prefer gun stores, with all their various guns, to be open from the start.

I can go buy a gun if I wanted to right now, so...

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 19:18:09 Reply

At 7/14/08 07:04 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I'd like it to have planes again, that was annoying in IV.

Also, having the main character Norwegian would be killer.

Also a decent radio station. I've been dissapointed with the playlist since Vice City.

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 20:02:06 Reply

At 7/14/08 06:40 PM, NeedleMouth wrote:
At 7/14/08 03:48 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote: I'd like to see it become fun.
Sooo you want GTA SA ?

Yea, call me crazy, but I think SA was more fun than IV.

homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 20:44:31 Reply

grand theft auto: bullworth city stories.

only this time, bullworth is modeled after teran, iran.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 20:46:21 Reply

At 7/14/08 03:48 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote: IMMA GO ON A BIG INCONSISTANT RANT THATS COMPLETLY IRRELAVENT NOW.

i can ride my bike with no ASSlebars

no ASSlebars

no ASSlebars.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-14 21:50:21 Reply

At 7/14/08 07:14 PM, NGCA wrote:
At 7/14/08 03:48 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote:
Okay. Well first of all, if you stop having NPC accidents, you won't lose your car. Also, it's realistic. Or at least, more realistic.

It´s not realistic that if you park your car next to your house and and NPC hits it and it goes off its place it will disappear.

Realistically if you shoot someone on the street in a crowded city, you're going to have cops on you, even if they're literally not right there.

They shouldn´t concentrate too much on the realism. I hate driving away from the cops, then finally escaping them, but then another cop sees me and i have to run away from them again. This can go on for a long time if you´re in bad luck. It´s more realistic, but what good is that if it´s just a nuisance. The basic idea of the new police system works, but they have to improve it.

It especially sucks since that was also the idea behind every mission and also the entire story. :(

But it´s repetitive. You can move up and have variety to the missions at the same time.

Why would they make a GTA game about a guy who doesn't want to commit crimes?

Yet he is still not as likeable of a character as Tommy Vercetti.

In a game about stealing cars, there sure isn't much attention brought to the cars.

There should still be more vehicles.

I'd actually like to not have a girlfriend...
Explains alot.

Having a girlfriend in GTA is just boring. If someone wants to hang out with his girlfriend then it can be done in real life, but videogames are about stuff you can´t do in real life.

lolomfgisuck
lolomfgisuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 12:18:41 Reply

At 7/14/08 07:14 PM, NGCA wrote: Okay. Well first of all, if you stop having NPC accidents, you won't lose your car. Also, it's realistic. Or at least, more realistic.

You do realize that NPC stands for "Non-Playable Character" right? How can I, a player, have a Non-Playable Character accident? It's not like I'm hitting other cars into my saved vehciles... it happens on it's own when I'm not there. Hence the term, NPC.

A perfect example is an emergency vehicle. They're in a rush so they push their way through traffic... I'm sure you've seen that. Well if they drive down the street where my 'saved' cars are it's possilbe that durring their push, they'll hit my car (or hit someone that will hit my car) and push it out of the saved area. I'm unaware this happens, save my game, and on my next load... it's gone.

1) If I wanted real life, I'd turn the video game off and go shoot someone in real life. Besides, there is nothing realistic about Grand Theft Auto. In real life, I can't get shot 17 times and walk away. In real life I can't jack every car on the street, drive at top speed over a peice of wood lying against the side of the interstate, have it not only withstand the weight of my car but be at the right angle to turn into a ramp, fly 10 miles across a river, crash the car on the other side, fly out the window, and live. In real life, I can't be killed and then brought back to life at a hospital for 10grand. In real life I don't get ran over by cars that appeared out of thin air behind me. In real life, they would never lock an entire town into one section of the city by closing all of the bridges due to a terrorist threat. In real life I'd never be able to remove my "wanted" status from the cops by simply going to bed. In real life I can't make cars and helicopters appear out of thin air by calling somebody on my cell phone. In real life I can say "sorry, I can't hang out tonight" to my friends without out them hating me. In real life, I'm able to go the bar and not get drunk. In real life I'm able to go inside every building in town, not just the three that actually have a door instead of a brick wall painted to look like a door. In real life, eating a hotdog wouldn't heal a bullet wound. Care for me to continue?

2) There weren't this many cops in any other GTA game and those all played just fine. Why the sudden increase in police units?

Move up to where? Niko doesn't move up to anywhere. He just stays where he's at. You even finish the game wearing the exact same clothes you started in... litterally. Besides, you've missed the point here. The point is that there is no variety in the game. Everything you do revolves around going to a location and killing a guy. That's even the main story line. It's uncreative and boring. And don't say a game like this can't have variety because Saints Row proved that theory wrong years ago.

Has no other choice, he has nothing here and he feels pushed into the situation.

He has the choice to not kill. I don't want to kill people so I don't. It's really not that difficult to not kill someone. Besides, Niko wasn't pushed into anything... he put himeself there, it's the first fucking thing he does on his second day in town. And he never turns down an oportunity or tries to get himself out of the situation. Sometimes he even kills people that don't need to be killed and he never once questions who he's killing and why he's killing them.

"This is my friend Packie"
"Nice to meet you... I don't want to kill anyone."
"Go with this guy you just met two seconds ago and kill 17 people you've nver met before"
"OK"

Relate-ability? I can't relate to that... I don't want to kill people so I don't. ANd I sure as fuck aren't going to start killing people because somebody I met at a party asked me to. I've also never been in a Russian war, been betrayed in a Russian war, and have wanted to seek revenge against my betrayer in the Russian war. Nobody but really old Russians that faught in a war can relate to this and even then only the eliete few who got betrayed can relate.

The storyline sucks. That's the point. There was a team of writers and meetings about this for a good long time... and this is the best they could come up with? No excuse, it's just lazyness and the game wreaks of "we don't give a fuck about anythign but graphics".

Realism.

Once again, there is nothing real about GTA. Besides, I have a friend from Jamaca and he doesn't talk anything like that. He can, I've heard him talk to his friends on the phone, but he doesn't talk to us like that because he realizes that we speak English... not this sudo English shit they use down there.

Your homo friend ultimately gives you opportunities to move up in the world and provides jobs for you.

Once again, move up to where? And what job does he give me? At the end of it all he gives me a car... one I lost due to an NPC accident. None of his missions had anything to do with finding my mystery man and none of Bernies missions helped me get anywhere in Liberty City.

Stupid me, I thought we where talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO.

Don't miss.

Can't help it, sometimes I don't know where I'm aiming to land, and other times, because of the auto change in cameras, I can't see where the fuck I'm going. Other times, I don't miss, I land fine, and still don't get the credit because... well... I don't know... I didn't go far enough? The game isn't really clear on what I'm suppose to do. It's all trial and error. Besides that... it's impossible. Nobody is going to play a game for the first time and never mess up.

Explains alot.

No, the problem is that I have a girlfriend in real life. And the last thing I want to do is hear my real girlfriend bitch all fucking day just so I can hang up or go home and play a game where my imaginary girlfriend bitches at me all night. This girlfriend shit sucks and the only people that enjoy it are single virgins that get their kicks by thinking they're somehow cooler in real life because they banged a virtual hottie in a video game.

Autosave?

You have to do something for it to autosave. If I buy a bunch of weapons the game doesn't autosave. I have to manually save it. Same for keeping a car... the game doesn't autosave the vehicle I just stole. Sometimes, you have to save manually and I'm really piss tired of not having a save house on the first island and realizing that the two on the middle island are next door to each other and nowhere near the bottom of the map. It's really not that hard to spread the houses out for in game convienance.

Why is your real life revolving around your gaming life?

It's not. It's 11 o clock at night and I'm playing a game before I go to bed. I'd like to go bowling. I call up Brucie. He says "Fuck you it's too late" and hates me. I call up Roman and he says "no". Wow, that was fun. I turn the game off and go to bed... maybe tomorrow I'll get to go bowling.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature
NGCA
NGCA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 12:40:38 Reply

At 7/15/08 12:18 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote:
At 7/14/08 07:14 PM, NGCA wrote:
1) If I wanted real life, I'd turn the video game off and go shoot someone in real life.

The point of games is to do what you cannot in real life. Such as get away after killing 36 people without consequence.

Besides, there is nothing realistic about Grand Theft Auto. In real life, I can't get shot 17 times and walk away.

You can live.

In real life I can't jack every car on the street

Ideally...

drive at top speed fly 10 miles across a river, crash the car on the other side, fly out the window, and live

Low chances, but possible, except for the 10 miles, part, of course.

In real life, I can't be killed and then brought back to life at a hospital for 10grand.

Realism doesn't not mean real life. It means making the situation more realistic. If you died once and the game was over, no one would play.

In real life, they would never lock an entire town into one section of the city by closing all of the bridges due to a terrorist threat.

You think so? You're misguided concerning this day and age.

In real life I'd never be able to remove my "wanted" status from the cops by simply going to bed.

Again, the line between realism and real life. Also, you're whining and ranting at this point. About a video game. Just noting.

In real life I can say "sorry, I can't hang out tonight" to my friends without out them hating me.

Get better friends.

In real life I'm able to go inside every building in town

Also not entirely true.

Care for me to continue?

No, I can ask any other whiny bitch for their nonsensical whiny complaining.

2) There weren't this many cops in any other GTA game and those all played just fine. Why the sudden increase in police units?

The other games were excessively easy?

He has the choice to not kill. I don't want to kill people so I don't.

He would have been killed at the very start of the story, then.

Relate-ability? I can't relate to that... I don't want to kill people so I don't.

Then you're playing the wrong game.

I've also never been in a Russian war, been betrayed in a Russian war, and have wanted to seek revenge against my betrayer in the Russian war. Nobody but really old Russians that faught in a war can relate to this and even then only the elite few who got betrayed can relate.

Relate-ability as in he's more of a real person as opposed to "Yeah, I'm a bad ass, I'll kill stuff and steal cars, my name is Tommy Vercetti and you'll never meet a person in real life like me."

The storyline sucks. That's the point. There was a team of writers and meetings about this for a good long time... and this is the best they could come up with? No excuse, it's just lazyness and the game wreaks of "we don't give a fuck about anythign but graphics".

Worse than Vice City? Worse than San Andreas? All the stories suck. It's a shoot'em up game. Get over it.

Once again, there is nothing real about GTA. Besides, I have a friend from Jamaica and he doesn't talk anything like that. He can, I've heard him talk to his friends on the phone, but he doesn't talk to us like that because he realizes that we speak English... not this sudo English shit they use down there.

Pseudo-english*. Also, I have 2 Jamaican friends that speak just like that. It depends when you came over and how well you were taught English/if you went to school in America.

Stupid me, I thought we where talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO.

"Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is a computer and video game created by Scottish company, DMA Design (now Rockstar North) and published by ASC Games in 1997/1998. The game allows the player to take on the role of a criminal who can roam freely around a big city. Various missions are set for completion, such as bank robberies, assassinations, and other crimes." --- The title is meant to be catchy and crime related. They couldn't just call it "Shoot Shit Up IV"

Wah. Wah. Motherfucking. Wah.

Metal-Dart
Metal-Dart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 12:44:32 Reply

CHINATOWN WARS

aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 12:46:01 Reply

At 7/15/08 12:44 PM, Metal-Dart wrote: CHINATOWN WARS

YEESSSSSSSSSS, I almost shat myself when I heard that

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 13:20:21 Reply

apparently it is Grand theft auto DS

Gamertag: Catspirit123
home forum

BBS Signature
CircleNineStudios
CircleNineStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 13:25:37 Reply

I was thinking a GTA - DC in the late 60s would be nice. The Truth could make an appearance. You could be a violent protester. The game would be centered more around achieving your goals as a crazy hippie than climbing a crime chain (although, you might need to deal with some criminals throughout the game). There was so much crazy shit going down in that time period that it would be the perfect setting. Imagine the "riots" in GTA-San Andreas, but x10 and in next gen style...hellz yeah. Meanwhile, you're stealing a VW Bug and cruising down Pennsylvania Ave. on your way to buy some molotov cocktails.

"You got treated." -Halvgoeden on Halo
"Wait for it...SNOINK!!!" -Halvgoeden was on WoW

BBS Signature
lazydoctor
lazydoctor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 13:31:36 Reply

We could have fucking seen at least a screenshot of chinatown wars but those idiots were too busy trying to play their shitty ass music. I shit on reggie... and that old hag who I happen to hate more than anybody else on the universe.

i'm lazy...

lc2000
lc2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 13:38:48 Reply

i think it should be like GTA Las Vegas or San Fransico

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 13:44:10 Reply

At 7/14/08 07:14 PM, NGCA wrote: it's realistic. Or at least, more realistic.
Realistically
Realism.
Realism.

I DONT WANT REALISM IN A GAME LIKE GTA, I WANT FUN.

BBS Signature
lolomfgisuck
lolomfgisuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The next Grand theft auto. 2008-07-15 13:44:40 Reply

At 7/15/08 12:40 PM, NGCA wrote: The point of games is to do what you cannot in real life.

But 10 seconds ago you where telling me that there needed to be 17 cops on every corner in the game to make it realistic because it would be impossible for me to shot a gun in public and not have the cops after me. So which one is it?

I personally agree with this statment. I play games to excape real life. It's fun to kill innocent people in a game, it's not fun to constantly have to run from a one star wanted level because the developers have made it impossible to do anything without being seen by the cops. I'll take this response as "Yeah, I agree with you."

You can live.

I'm not going to quote each and every one of these in order for you to gain a basic understanding of reading comprehension and understand the points being made. GTA is not a realistic game. It looks real, and that's where the realism stops. If you think you can take 17 bullets to the face then be my guest and have someone shoot you 17 times in the face. And it's not about living... it's about walking away. Niko doesn't go to the hospital unless he dies. He gets shot and doesn't even limp. He doesn't even bleed. The point is, GTA is not realistic so you fanboys need to take that realism shit and shove it as far up your ass as you can get it because nobody with an IQ over 20 is buying it.

Realism doesn't not mean real life. It means making the situation more realistic. If you died once and the game was over, no one would play.

I like you're double standards here. I'm an idiot you need to pick a fight with because I'm annoyed by the fact that there are 800 cops on every corner making it impossible for me to do anything without a wanted level. "The game is realistic" you say... but when I point out how un-realistic everything is all the sudden you change your stance and now it's not about being realistic at all it's about trying to add real world challanges to a virtual environment. Funny... those challanges already existed in the other GTA games and I was able to cross the street without getting ran over and go through an intersection that wasn't made up entirely of police cars.

I think you're just being a fanboy who doesn't want to admit that the "best game ever" that we all waited so long for turned out to be a big steaming pile of donkey shit covered in a nice rose scented graphics engine. If this game didn't look as pretty as it does, nobody would fucking like it and I think we all know that.

You think so? You're misguided concerning this day and age.

No, the whole "terror" thing is pretty bad these days and I'm still able to leave my neighborhood. This type of thing would only happen durring marshall law. But durring Marshall law I wouldn't be allowed outside of the house past dark and I defintly wouldn't be able to get away with massive gunfights at a construction yard. Once again, it's just a cute and somewhat funny way for Rockstar to make you unlock diffrent islands that works well with the time period but fails when idiots like yourself try to point out how "real" everything is. Personally, I liked the terrorism bridge closing joke... but the point isn't about the bridge, it's about how un-real the game really is.

Again, the line between realism and real life.

Again, your double standard. Suddenly GTA isn't realistic at all but you want me to take your previous arguments of "thats in there for realism" as a valid excuse for bad game design and obvious logical errors in the games code. Not gonna happen.

In real life I can say "sorry, I can't hang out tonight" to my friends without out them hating me.
Get better friends.

What? I can say "no" to my friends without them hateing me because they are good friends. If you say "no" to your friends and they get made (like in the game) you should find better friends.

In real life I'm able to go inside every building in town
Also not entirely true.

Yeah it is. I can open the door and walk in. I do it all the time. The only real exception is houses and I can even still get in most of those if I wanted (IE I'm a manic stealing cars with a rocket-launher). I've never once tried to go to a convience store to find out it's not really a store but just a big square brick wall with a store painted on it.

The other games were excessively easy?

That's funny, because out of all the GTA games I've played this one has been, by far, the easiest.

He would have been killed at the very start of the story, then.

Not at all, nobody knew who Niko was and nobody gave a fuck about him. Roman might have been killed but Niko was fine. Even taking that into account it was still very possible for Niko to get himself out of the situation early on. There was no need for him to do a lot of the things he did... no need to work for bernie, Dwayne, or Playboy X. There was no need to kill the guy banging Romans girlfriend... which, had he not killed, would have kept him out of trouble completly and he wouldn't have had to kill anyone after the initial gambling debt was paid. And honestly, I'd rob a store before I murdered someone. The debt could have been paid off without any murder.

Relate-ability? I can't relate to that... I don't want to kill people so I don't.
Then you're playing the wrong game.

This statement doesn't even make sense. Are you telling me that you want to kill people in real life? Are you implying that everybody that plays violent games dreams of being a murder? Are you Jack Thomson?

Relate-ability as in he's more of a real person...

A real person? How? By being an illegal immagrent from a war torn country who doesn't want to kill but becomes the biggest killer of human life in the history of mankind over night all over a few grand in gambling debt that doesn't even belong to him? Yeah, I know tons of people like that. Just the other day my friend asked to borrow $5.00 so I went out front and beat my neighbor to death with a baseball bat, took his car, drove like a maniac and killed 17 people standing on the sidewalk on my way to my local neigborhood mafia HQ and got a job as a one man army who kills mass amounts of people for the high price of $200 to buy a new hat to impress my girlfriend and keep my friend from having to get a second job.

Worse than Vice City? Worse than San Andreas? All the stories suck. It's a shoot'em up game. Get over it.

Actually, I enjoyed both of those stories very much. But that's all personal opinion. The main diffrence is that those games had a final goal that you could see your character working his way towards. This one did not. You did random job after random job and then out of nowhere... "that guy is over there". It's a very bad design for a game like this.

Pseudo-english*. Also, I have 2 Jamaican friends that speak just like that. It depends when you came over and how well you were taught English/if you went to school in America.

Not at all, it's actually it's own little language. it's refered to as "Patois" if I remember correctly and is actually something other then English. Theres a diffrence between accent, and actual langauge. Lil Jacob wasn't speaking English.

And don't give me this realism shit because I've played lots of games with Japanese characters that don't speak japanese. And Niko doesn't speak Russian so blow me.

"Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is a computer and video game

OOOOOOOOHHHHH is that what it is? I had no idea GTA was a video game, thanks for looking that up for me.

Back to the point, it's a game called Grand Theft Auto where your main form of transportaion is a car you stole from an NPC. I can't believe you're actually sitting there trying to argue that GTA isn't about stealing cars. You've avoided most of my main points (like I wouldn't notice) and this is the best you can come up with? You just drop this argument now before you make yourself look even dumber then you already have.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature