00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dieswyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

..::Art Request Thread::..

25,519 Views | 168 Replies

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-09-26 13:29:57

At 9/26/08 01:24 PM, PunchOrBePunched wrote: Looking for a single background piece, pays 15 dollars.

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!!! Someone finally did it right!!!

I <3 you, man!!!! :D

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-09-27 06:14:45

This thread NEEDS to be stickied, otherwise it'll just have to be constantly bumped.

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-01 13:43:28

Art request: 2D Shooter

No payment available. Need background loops and enemies. Those really feeling ambitious can apply for the Hero art. Think Gradius or R-Type for insperation.

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-04 22:51:35

Hello every one Viewing this Post, I'm looking for some guys or gals to help out with a few Projects I have been working on and a few things i need to really update and work on.

Well i have little to NO talent with the pen when it come to making stuff. Stick fingers FTW! woot

Job one if any one would like to take this Task
I need some Album Art, for my Mix-tape "The Exodus" A sick little Banner for my Mix-tape and a cool little Icon for posts and what not. I had this idea of a guy in a hooded Robe and a Spray Can with the words "The Exodus" Behind him and like a Cool little Druid Sig at the bottom but have him sitting at a stoop with the Shoes all out in the front "got to be chucks" the Back Ground i want it to look like a Burnt Building that was in the city, and well haha i kinda want a cartoon me, in a kinda way. with the hood over the eyes but like a Shining Light kinda like a Twinkle and Some Gremlin teeth... oh yeah that's should look tight as hell! the dude should be hunched over with his arms on his knees with his Hands hanging with the Spay can. this is just the over view, i mean if you don't feel some things should be there and some things should be added let me know. If this done to the way i like it. I will pay an amount that is fair for your work and i will credit you on my mix-tape with a site people can go to and stuff.

The Second thing i would like is, if any one is up to it I have built a forums Page for NUGV (New Under Ground Vent) and I would love some NG artist to show some love and support it with some Dazzling NG artist Work! we will be adding an Art page for you all, and the Vent is a good way to talk to people and share idea, this vent is open to all who wish to use it Info is found Here.
what i would need is come Icons for Thread names, Icon for Rank of power of the users that join. and a Sig Banner, Logo, what not what not. This is open for any one and is not a paid, sorry. Do it for NG! woot NG!

last thing i need is a Radio layout. Well I would love a NUGV logo and a NUGR logo (New Under Ground Vent) and (New Under Ground Radio) The radio will be sweet we are Going to host it and look for any NG users that would like to be a Radio DJ for this event there will be artists play what NG wants to hear, a requests line, and there will be interviews and talk shows and funny bits and what not. This is payed but not high. ( there's little to do )

Please hit me up in a PM on NG if you wish to take a task. or Post here and i will get at you, if you do wish to take this task please leave a E-mail or AIM, MSN, or Yahoo some where so we can talk more.

thank you for your time.

This is If you would like to see the post i made a few seconds ago the links are all there.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-08 21:05:12

Ok this may sound weird but i need your best corn drawings. PM me and give me a sample

The End Is Not The World......Epic isnt it

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-09 22:22:25

i need an eagle sketch/drawing large enough for an entire peice of paper
you will be credited fully

thanks

woah boy

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-10 12:13:25

I need 13 300 x 300 portraits by December. Payment Negotiable

Thanks, gumOnShoe

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-13 23:08:38

NOW RECRUITING BACKGROUND ARTIST

I am currently in the pre-production phase of my next big project. It will be an animated comic (ala, Broken Saints), based on the book "Doom: Knee Deep in the Dead" which in turn is based on the videogame. It will be mostly action based, and done in a much grittier, more kinetic style than other animated comics out there.

Basically, I require a permanent ( there will be a lot of episodes) background artist. I need someone who is reliable, committed, and willing to work under a deadline. Serious applicants only please.

PM me your artwork, past work, or any references. See my profile for my past work.

Synopsis:
The Gates were there on Phobos when mankind first arrived. Inert, unyielding, impossibly alien constructs, for twenty years they sat lifeless, mute testaments to their long-vanished creators, their secrets hidden. Then one day, they sprang to life...
Meet Corporal Flynn Taggart, United States Marine Corps; serial number 888-23-9912. He's the best warrior the twenty-first century has to offer, which is a damn good thing. Because Flynn Taggart is all that's standing between the hell that just dropped in on Mars and an unsuspectingg planet Earth...

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-20 10:50:27

Alright Guys,

I was wondering if anyone was able to help me out. I'm organising a club night at one of the local clubs and need help with the flyer design. I was wondering if any of you are able to come up with a graffiti style character on a pair of decks. The music on the night will be drum and bass, techno, breakbeats, dubstep etc so the whole underground graffiti look would fit quite nicely.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to pay any of you for your work but would be able to give credit to you on the flyer (name plus e-mail address or something). I know it wouldn't be directly profitable, but it would be a nice way to get your design out to a few hundred people.

There is also a deadline which is by the end of wednesday (22nd October). If anyone is interested please PM me with any questions you have.

Thanks for your time, James

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-20 13:44:06

PLEASE read and follow the guidelines that are laid out in the first post of this thread.

The only thing you should be posting here is a short, one-line description (ie, help with game art) and a link to a news post on YOUR user page with all of the pertinent info there... not here! That way you can answer questions and keep it up to date (let people know if you're still looking or if the project is complete, etc.) on YOUR page... not here.

One more time just to be clear... info goes on YOUR page, not here!!!

Thanks! XOXO

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-20 14:05:23

At 10/20/08 01:44 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: .........

One more time just to be clear... info goes on YOUR page, not here!!!

Thanks! XOXO

Apologies, I'm just in a bit of rush with this one. I'll post info on my page.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-10-30 13:44:17

I need some sprites, doi!
click here for your breifing lol
please help me
i have sprites, i wanna see if you can do better.
but they need to be atleast better than pacman with arms and legs

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-11-02 04:35:40

Can anybody do a background for my next game?
Here is what i have so far
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/021108/4 1502_Untitled-1.php
I drew this in about 30 minutes
I know the scroll and the hat are really bad
I'll improve the scroll and redo the hat
I can do all the items I need for the game but I can't do the background
So if anybody can do it
It can be ugly and sketchy and done really fast cause it's better than nothing

This game is an "Escape the room" but it's a wizard/magic based game
Pm me if you will do it

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-11-05 19:18:21

edit: my first post did not follow the rules sorry.

hi I've been looking all over for some zombie sprites.

I need them to finish my first flash (its only a movie no games yet)

I can't use metal-slug zombies, their 2 short and to cartoony, and most other zombies are of poor quality.

I need a zombie thats about 32x40 (same size as an adult male) and some monsters that are anywhere from 150x150 to 20x20 as bosses or something, for idea's check out "Dead Frontier" as I am attempting to make a parody of it.

I am looking for zombies similar to the ones from <a>http://s1deadfrontier.net/onlinezombi emmo/index.php<a>

I need full animations of the zombies (at least a few types male, female, scientist, child etc.) because I am a horrible artist in terms of drawing my own zombies, (I tried I did horrible)

thanks in advance.

Behold the PAWN SABER

with it I shall OWN YOU ALL!!!

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-11-11 23:22:27

Hello people of newgrounds. I'm Weston Sagle, lead guitarist of Stage 3-1. Actually when it comes to recording, I do the drums, bass, guitars, synth, mixing and mastering.

I've been working on a CD for the last 2 years and I'm almost done. I have yet to do some of the artwork. What I envision for the actual front of the CD is a 8 bit hotdog. The hotdog will cover about 60-70% of the cd and the rest will be a solid colour background, possibly pink.

If anyone wants to give it a shot, I will give credit in the cd booklet along with a free copy of the CD. If anyone is actually interested you can best contact me at weston_sagle@hotmail.com

Thanks!

I am slightly biased towards EL34s.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-11-18 01:14:32

Any takers? This seems like a relatively easy task for an artist. :)

I am slightly biased towards EL34s.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-11-18 06:28:13

At 11/18/08 01:14 AM, weston-sagle wrote: Any takers? This seems like a relatively easy task for an artist. :)

Wow, seriously no one did that yet? I'll give it a shot. Expect an e-mail titled "8-bit Hotdog" soon.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-07 11:27:35

Hi there people, I need help for background art, I am making an 24: redemption spoof, so I need help making the backgrounds, so if you´ve seen the episode and know how to make quality backgrounds, please PM me, if you haven´t seen the episode, don´t worry, you can still ask me to give you the bocet so you can make the background

THANKS

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-10 22:43:58

Requesting a banner for Aisodar.com. Must be 758 pikels in width by 165 in height. Must have a cartoonish looking helicopter on the right side. Must fade into a dark color (not black) starting from 300 pixels from the left side and make its may to the end of the left side. PM me or email bradosia@gmail.com.

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-11 19:51:34

Isn't potential simply enough? Isn't discipline enough? What if some people simply don't have the money to pay these artists. What if they are gathering artists that work for free?? I am absolutely insulted by these rules. This is telling me that I'm not good enough to make an art request, is that right?

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-11 20:12:29

Refusing to pay an artist is like refusing to tip your waiter, or pay your plumber, or give the kid who mowed your lawn some compensation. Sure, if they're your friend or you're doing something they're interested in people will charity out their services. The thing is most good art takes a really long time to do, and asking someone to slave over something, for absolutely nothing, is kind of an asshole move.

Some of us have life, jobs, and school to attend to.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-11 21:16:17

At 12/11/08 07:51 PM, sir5000 wrote: Isn't potential simply enough? Isn't discipline enough? What if some people simply don't have the money to pay these artists. What if they are gathering artists that work for free?? I am absolutely insulted by these rules. This is telling me that I'm not good enough to make an art request, is that right?

Interpret it as you will! Haven't you ever heard the saying... you get what you pay for! :P

If you took the time to read some of the other posts in this thread, you would see that people rarely offer monetary compensation.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-12 01:11:01

At 12/11/08 07:51 PM, sir5000 wrote: I. This is telling me that I'm not good enough to make an art request, is that right?

right....

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-15 18:27:29

Hey there!

If you haven't heard about the Electronic EP that is currently enlisting many of our great Newground's Audio Portal artists, please take a quick read for the scoop.

What we need are two individual 600 x 600 pixel .PNG or .GIF pictures that will serve as the album covers. I'd greatly appreciate it if you lend us your services.

We're technically having two individual albums; one volume for the theme of "creation" and another for the theme of "destruction." Both will be titled "Synthetica," with their appropriate theme, of course.

For example: Synthetica Vol. 1: Creation and Synthetica Vol. 2: Destruction

If you're interested in provided your services, just provide two images that represent the idea of electronic music with the according themes in mind. The idea is to basically represent uniformity between the two images, with each representing their own unique theme of either creation or destruction. In other words, the album covers need to be somewhat opposite in color scheme and tone.

Again, I appreciate your help. If your images are chosen for the cover, you will receive full recognition in the liner notes (and possibly financial compensation?)

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-20 16:24:37

Hey I am working on a game and need an artist to draw the graphics for it. Instructions: You
can use the left right and up arrow keys but not the down button. to
go down you have to bounce against the wall above of you. You want to
reach the arrow thing at the bottom of the screen. Be careful of the
cannon at the bottom of the screen because it will shoot bullets at
you. Also in the later levels there is an enemy and if he touches you
you will also lose a life. If you get a bullet power up press the
space bar to shoot it.Click here to play it. If you want to be the artist let me know. I need the artist to draw the walls, the main character, the enemy, the bullets, the cannon, the background, and the lose and win screens.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-20 20:17:58

At 12/11/08 07:51 PM, sir5000 wrote: Isn't potential simply enough? Isn't discipline enough? What if some people simply don't have the money to pay these artists. What if they are gathering artists that work for free?? I am absolutely insulted by these rules. This is telling me that I'm not good enough to make an art request, is that right?

Your absolutely right, as an illustrator, people like you aren't worth my time. My name Artist-Lost comes from the idea that artists everywere have to work crappy jobs they hate all their lives and many end up giving up on artistic dreams just because of all these crap requests for free work. Any time someone offers to pay for a job artists end up cutting eachothers throats and trampling over eachother to get the job just because their are so few paying jobs out there. Hell I had to join the AirForce to make ends meet and I have a college education!

Simply put, if your programming isn't good enough to make money, then why do you deserve quality art? Do it yourself or have a friend go in on it with you. Art may be an artist's passion, but a gardener who loves working with plants still gets paid, an athlete who loves their sport still gets paid, and a critic who loves trashing people still gets paid for their opinions, so stop complaining and try offering something of equal value to trade, or make friends with an artist who might be willing to do a joint project with you in the future. (However, people like me will only get pissed at you if that all you want to have a friendship for.

Any decent artist willing to work for free without an ulterior motive is an idiot, and you should hit that person with a stick.

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-20 20:20:51

At 10/1/08 01:43 PM, DroopyA wrote: Art request: 2D Shooter

No payment available. Need background loops and enemies. Those really feeling ambitious can apply for the Hero art. Think Gradius or R-Type for insperation.

You sir, should also be hit with a stick.

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-12-30 16:39:18

I am currently in the process of making an MMORPG. Finding other things to do during the break, I have no plan of working on it in the near future. Because of this, I have decided to reach out to you, the NGOA, also know as the NewGrounders Of America, to help me out.

I am accepting any kind of concept art,such as weapons, vehicles, and character hair, clothing and armor designs. Even a map of a planet system. If you do the mock solar system idea, please give names to allplanets, and allow the name of the system to be the Arturian Planet System. Give the star in the center a name like Arturian, or Arturi. 5 to 9 planets would be ideal.

There is only one thing about the drawings. They must, MUST, be placed in the future. I will not accept a civil war looking musket, unless it shoots plasma. I will not accept a bow, unless it shoots lasers.

Therefore, I think I have made it clear that I will not accept lead shooting weapons. Also, a name suggestion for each drawing given is welcome.

Thank you for reading this long intro. Feel free to post here.

I rock, so therefore I am.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure.Post this in your sig if you would be one of the 10% laughing.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2009-01-04 03:19:21

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2009-01-05 10:06:00