00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Joss Whedon Crew

18,422 Views | 112 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-09-02 08:06:59

I think I'm in love with Jewel Staite (Kaylee).

Joss Whedon Crew

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-09-02 08:48:19

At 9/2/11 08:06 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I think I'm in love with Jewel Staite (Kaylee).

Seen her tattoo?

Joss Whedon Crew

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-10-28 13:56:26

Had to share this. It's currently by desktop background.
http://www.bouletcorp.com/misc/FireFly.j pg

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-10-28 16:32:43

At 10/28/11 01:56 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Had to share this. It's currently by desktop background.
http://www.bouletcorp.com/misc/FireFly.j pg

That is just gorgeous.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-10-29 21:18:18

At 10/29/11 07:37 PM, FBIpolux wrote: My favorite Episode of Buffy is The Wish, and as for Angel, I'm unsure, but probably the one where Angel loses his soul due to a dream where he has sex with Cordelia. It was all so unexpected.

I'd go either Doppelgangland, The Zeppo or Graduation Day for Buffy, A Hole In The World, Not Fade Away or Spin the Bottle for Angel, Objects in Space for Firefly and Epitaph One for Dollhouse.

I'm currently collecting Buffy Season 9 / Angel & Faith.

I wait for the paperbacks so I've only just read the last volume of season 8 a few weeks back. Haven't read any Angel. Is it as ridiculous and over the top as Buffy?

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-10-30 14:24:10

Still need to buy and watch the Buffy and Angel boxsets. Problem is I can't justify spending a minimum of £120 on two TV series right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-11-01 15:53:36

At 10/30/11 02:24 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Still need to buy and watch the Buffy and Angel boxsets. Problem is I can't justify spending a minimum of £120 on two TV series right now.

But you can get the new complete Buffy and Angel sets for cheaper than that. The new Buffy one goes for just shy of £50 everywhere, and HMV are doing Angel for £38, while most others are asking £50.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-12-14 19:46:59

At 11/9/11 10:38 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Finally! Buffy Season 9 is starting to be interesting! Picked this up earlier!

Andrew's just proven his homosexuality too by listening and singing along to Gaga, lol.

Damn I'm only like 3 comics (or volumes?) into Season 8. I ruined the 'Twilight' thing for myself too. Thanks internet. I really need to pick up this. Loving the two covers below this post of yours. Especially that Angel + Faith one.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-12-14 20:25:09

At 12/14/11 07:46 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 11/9/11 10:38 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Finally! Buffy Season 9 is starting to be interesting! Picked this up earlier!

Andrew's just proven his homosexuality too by listening and singing along to Gaga, lol.
Damn I'm only like 3 comics (or volumes?) into Season 8.

Each volume is generally like 4 comics, if you're reading the same paperbacks I did.

Eagerly awaiting the first S9 TPB. Managed to avoid spoilers so far, although I guess there's probably not much to spoil when it's only just getting started.

Still need to get After The Fall read, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-12-14 21:44:44

At 12/14/11 08:25 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Each volume is generally like 4 comics, if you're reading the same paperbacks I did.

These fellas?

I've also annoyed myself looking that up as I've spotted these wonderful lunch boxes.

I do not have any reason to need a lunchbox really, but the obsessive nerd in me longs for them. Just pretty.

Eagerly awaiting the first S9 TPB. Managed to avoid spoilers so far, although I guess there's probably not much to spoil when it's only just getting started.

Still need to get After The Fall read, too.

I get so confused with them all really. Am I right in thinking Angel, Spike and Faith (along with Buffy of course) all have their own official comic series now? After The Fall is Angels right?

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-12-15 10:09:10

At 12/14/11 09:44 PM, Gagsy wrote: These fellas?

Yeah, they're the ones.

I get so confused with them all really. Am I right in thinking Angel, Spike and Faith (along with Buffy of course) all have their own official comic series now? After The Fall is Angels right?

After The Fall is the Angel one, yeah, and I think Spike had one too, but they all come together into Buffy towards the end of season 8. I guess they split up again into this Angel/Faith book with the start of season 9.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-01-25 16:21:48

At 1/25/12 04:02 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Holy shit.

I just got the newest Angel & Faith, which is part one of Daddy Issues... and wow.

It's the first time I see such GORE in any Buffyverse episode. And I'm not disappointed.

A flashback where Giles and four friends when he was a kid seriously had me troubled.

A+

You own nice things thar I want.

Also Druscilla is back! lol

I love her! Better be as loopy as ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-03-13 21:32:59

Hey folks!

My name is Will, from the US (Virginia), I've watched all of Buffy, Angel, Firefly/Serenity, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, Alien: Resurrection. I've read Buffy: S8 and Angel: After the Fall but none of the latest comics. If you click on my forum signature it links to a post I made awhile back on NG with a pic of my 3 yr old in his Dr. Horrible costume my wife made him from Halloween (complete with Death Ray!) I thought if anyone on NG would appreciate it, it would be you guys! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Will

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-03-19 19:03:02

That is SO cute. LOL

I hope Gagsy sees this.

Thanks, man! Hope posting this pic isn't too off-topic...

Joss Whedon Crew

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-04-12 11:08:36

Reddit with the great man himself.

His response when someone said about starting a kickstarter campaign to get Firefly back.

"Step 2: Cancel Castle. Step 3: Cancel Homeland. Step 4: Generally destroy everybody's careers. Step 5: Avoid Step 2."

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-04-12 13:33:19

I started a Buffy rewatch but got sick of season 1 about halfway in and just started watching my favourite episodes instead.

This basically comes down to every single episode of season 3.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-04-17 18:24:31

Look, Whedon fans, I've never seen Buffy or Firefly or any of his other stuff, so I won't comment on that, since they all sound pretty good, and I'll watch them if I ever feel the need to.

But Avengers better be good. It has to. So I'm hoping that Buffy and Firefly are as good as I've heard.

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-04-17 18:26:37

At 4/17/12 06:24 PM, Glides wrote: Look, Whedon fans, I've never seen Buffy or Firefly or any of his other stuff, so I won't comment on that, since they all sound pretty good, and I'll watch them if I ever feel the need to.

But Avengers better be good. It has to. So I'm hoping that Buffy and Firefly are as good as I've heard.

Expect every character you like to die horribly.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-04-18 01:24:44

At 4/17/12 06:26 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Expect every character you like to die horribly.

Theres a joke.

"Joss Whedon, Sera Gamble and Steven Moffat walk into a bar and someone you love dies."

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-04-18 11:28:16

At 4/18/12 07:56 AM, SnoopyChicken wrote: It's supposed to be brilliant.

I heard that too and I really want to see it. A few of my mates went to see it though and said it was beyond terrible. I'm struggling to believe them though.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-05-05 18:10:52

Just thought I'd pop in and point out this LEGO Cuusoo submission.

A LEGO version of Serenity is really close to 10 000 supporters, which would put it up for review to be a LEGO product. Why not help it out a bit?

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-05-06 12:16:02

So "The Avengers" was epic. So this club is completely justified now, and Joss Whedon is a boss.

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2012-10-19 13:22:29

At 5/17/12 03:17 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Just watched the Astonishing X-Men mini series. Written by Joss Whedon. I recommend everyone who enjoys Marvel comics to watch it. Love the dialogues, 100% Whedon. All the episodes are on YT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O490WDOoiuM

Actually they released two additional DVDs in the series and the fourth (and final?) one is on the way.

The animation in the second two isn't quite as strong as was in the first. But that's to be expected. The original artist worked really closely with the animators on the first DVD, and he said it was one of the most challenging undertakings he's had to develop as an artist. So I have a feeling he was not involved in the latter editions.

Still, just for the stories, they're nice to have. I've purchased all the DVDs so far, but it looks like they're also going to issue a collected Bluray with all of the editions.

Also a heads up -- zero special features on the newest DVDs. The first one had some decent behind the scenes stuff, but these so far? Nada.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/188-3458636-1873409?u rl=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Astonishing+Xmen+DVD