RiotFlash
RiotFlash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 10:05 PM Reply

I have 70 dollars in it, but no card to verify it :(

I'm thinking about getting a rush card. Good idea?

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 10:14 PM Reply

I know you can verify a bank account over paypal, but I've never heard of doing it with a credit or debit card. I would recommend verifying your bank account if you have one. If not, then have it verify to one of your parents bank accounts and then have them withdraw the money to give back to you.

If you can't do any of that, you could just keep the money in paypal and buy some stuff online using the money to pay for it.

I would not recommend getting any credit or debit card just to get 70 bucks out of paypal though. There are too many potential things that can go wrong to take the chance in my opinion.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
RiotFlash
RiotFlash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 10:20 PM Reply

If you can't do any of that, you could just keep the money in paypal and buy some stuff online using the money to pay for it.

you can't use any of it if its not verified. :(

TJ
TJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 03:45 AM Reply

At 7/1/08 10:20 PM, RiotFlash wrote:
you can't use any of it if its not verified. :(

I don't think that is correct. I think if the account isn't verified, then you basically have a cap on the money going in and out of the account, and obviously if it isn't verified, there isn't any option to have the money go out to a bank account, but you should be able to spend it on for example: ebay or any other place that accepts paypal.

notsquid
notsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 07:43 AM Reply

Ahh Paypal, I've had quite a few problems with them.

When your account is unverified the following restrictions are in place;
- You can only have a small amount of money, <$1000 I think.
- You cannot spend your money @ Retailers.
- You can only send money to people, not use it at online stores.

To verify your account do the following;
Go into your local bank and ask to open a bank account, then you should receieve some stuff through the post a few days later, this will include your sort code, account number and most probably a card, Solo is the most likely type.

When you have all this, log into your paypal account and select the verify option, it will take another 2 weeks from then before you can actually access all your money.

If you're desperate to spend your money, find somebody with a verified paypal account to do it for you; Send them the money and ask them to purchase whatever you want, because in reality if you don't have a bank account now you're looking at waiting around a month in total before you can access your funds.

If you need somebody to do what i mentioned above, PM me :)

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 7/2/08 07:43 AM, notsquid wrote: If you need somebody to do what i mentioned above, PM me :)

Oh lol. All I'm gonna say to the OP is to be careful about who you give your money to, especially online.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal Jul. 3rd, 2008 @ 11:54 PM Reply

Holy crap. I'm going to assume that you had to get rid of all the spaces in your thread's title to get it to fit into the slot, character-count-wise...

"Idesperatelyneedt overifymypaypal"

Fascinating that while it's lowercase when I paste it in here, NG BBS auto-caps the "o" after the NGBBS-forced space it put in the middle of your "to" there...

Also, you should have just made the title:

"Desperate to verify my PayPal"

Which means just about the same exact thing as "I desperately need to verify my PayPal," only in less characters. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature